[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you support independent games that suit your tastes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: ss.jpg (8 KB, 255x111) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
8 KB, 255x111
Why don't you support independent games that suit your tastes, /v/? You never know what each and every indie dev has in store for you.
>>
thank you for your contribution humble merchant
>>
If its not on steam its probably shit

...wait, even shit games get on steam. So its below shit
>>
>>340415507
>sucking Valve's cock this hard
>>
How am I sucking their cocks? I just want more convenience

I was gonna say at least on GOG too but GOG doesn't accept every game
>>
>>340416164
>I just want more convenience.
>Going on a website and downloading free games/putting in your credit card to buy games is less convenient than a piece of software you have to download.
>>
>>340416312
Yes its more convenient to ME
>>
>>340416539
Buy a game from steam:
>0a. Install Steam
>0b. Make account
>1. Open steam and log in.
>2. Go through mobile authenticator.
>3. Find a game in steam store.
>4. Click on buy, go to cart.
>4a. input credit card info.
>5. Install game.

Buy game from itch.io:
>0a. Make account and log in.
>1. Find game in store.
>2a. If free, download, done.
>2b. If not free, input credit card info.
>3. Download game, done.

Objectively, you're wrong.
>>
>>340416539
In addition to that, what if your theoretical "best game ever made" was made by people too poor to put the game on steam? Do you really like valve jewery that much?
>>
>>340416858
you forgot that for him the steps from 0a to 2 have been done already.
And steam has also have a fair selection of free to download games, so you're kinda short-sighted
>>
>>340416858
Objection
Steam opens and logs me in when my pc boots up, and my cc info is saved.
1.Find game
2. Add to cart and check out
3. Click yes when it asks you to download and install

While if i were to use the site in the OP id have to make an account and input cc information. Therefore Steam is more convenient for me.
>>
>>340414463
Fuck of Sterling
>>
>itch.io is a simple way to find and share indie games online for free.
>indie games

trash
>>
>>340417995
>>340418069
>I'm gonna support jews because muh feelings
literally SJW's

you can't even choose how much money goes to Steam, with itch.io you can choose how much goes to the website
>>
>>340417995
to add to p.3 - it is being downloaded in an "installed" state; you don't have to instal/unzip your downloaded files.
>>
>>340418194
>I like corporate cock
dude nobody wants to hear how gay you are
>>
>>340418220
what if that's a selling point (and it is) that some customers don't give a flying shit about? Some people just want some convenience with their purchases and consistency from where they buy stuff from.
>>
>>340418454
>What if consumers like to suck cock?
Then society falls, anon.
>>
>>340418220
I'm the first post you quoted. I didnt imply anything similar to what you greentexted, i just said that steam is more convenient for me.
>>
>>340418594
you can make a point without being rude towards other people, m8
>>
slither.io was pretty good but i wouldn't pay for it
>>
>>340418594
>not caring how much of the money you paid for a game goes to the store selling it to you, and using the most convenient option is equal to sucking cocks
>>
>>340419147
It's not the most convenient, though. It's not convenient for people looking for good games.

Also, not caring about that literally means you don't care about videogames to begin with.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.