[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who will he fight? They already said it won't be a DBZ character.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 15
File: mewtwo db.png (332 KB, 845x467) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo db.png
332 KB, 845x467
Who will he fight? They already said it won't be a DBZ character.
>>
If they go off what people have been asking; Freeza. What I'd prefer; I don't really know, maybe Gigyas
>>
>>340407964
They said it won't be a DB character since they already had a one-minute-melee of those two.
>>
a digimon
:^)
>>
>>340407489
What is this?
>>
File: 1464869387417.png (138 KB, 517x375) Image search: [Google]
1464869387417.png
138 KB, 517x375
HE WILL FIGHT THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!
>>
>>340407489
Another psychic character
>>
>>340410743
Like?
>>
>>340407489
Why do people like this shitty fanfic stuff? Are you all literally 12 year old kids?
>>
>>340407489
Wargreymon
It will end just as badly
>>
>>340410834
>fanfic
It's just researching canon and saying who'd win, in a flashy way.
>>
>>340411008
In other words: fanfic.
>>
>>340411712
No, a fanfic is just a story.
>>
Some other overpowered psychic like Jean Gray

& Mewtwo will win because they are fucking Nintendo fanboys
>>
>>340411925
Yeah hence why Mario, Luigi and Red won their fights right?
>>
>>340411008
Like that time they had master chief beat doomguy?
>>
>>340410418
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
>>340412076
Never said I agree with their conclusions.
>>
>>340411805
Like how someone from one series beats up a guy from another series.
>>
>>340412076
This is why these power rankings are always retarded shit for autists.
Halo guy had REGENERATING HEALTH. Of course he'd win. Is he a better character? No. Is Halo a better game than Doom? No.
It is precisely because doomguy isn't an overpowered piece of shit that doom is fun. Why try to find the most overpowered vidya character when that is a BAD THING?
>>
Mew
>>
>>340413082
This isn't a ''how'' though, it's just researching who'd win and then having some nonsensical eyecandy for the audience.
>>
>>340413092
The problem I have with it is that they talk about how Doomguy "doesn't need to aim" and then show him missing most of his shots, and they talk about how fast he can move and then in the fight he walks at a leisurely pace the entire time.
And then chief throws a grenade through a bubble shield somehow and wins
>>
>>340413275
Whatever you need to be able to pretend not to be some little kid that would spend all day at school convincing everyone how his pokémon could beat up any digimon and how his dad could beat any other dad.
>>
>>340413539
What are you even on about, anon?
>>
Frieza,
>>
>>340414803
He already fought him in one minute melee.
>>
Galacta Knight or someone from Kirby
>>
>>340415129
Galacta Knight has zero things to research though, he only has short battle (then that battle again in 2 more games) worth of appearances.
>>
File: Lucario.full.1837209.jpg (1 MB, 2800x1834) Image search: [Google]
Lucario.full.1837209.jpg
1 MB, 2800x1834
He'll fight Lucario, and Lucario will rightfully win.
>>
>>340415325
>Mega Lucario over Mega Mewtwo X/Y

Nope
>>
>>340415325
The only ones who like Lucario in a non-furfag way are the japs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1600x900
Who will win
>>
I personally would rather see another powerful psychic or some other powerful clone fight mewtwo. Maybe even a magic user. Also could someone please make a webm of joker stealing needles ice cream and give joker a Trick2G voice going, "Later bitch!"? I some how feel that this would be appropriate.
>>
>>340415325
But thay can do it in the games, and a Psychic with absurd stats most certainly would crush a fighting type with high (but slightly lower) stats. It's like if a snowball and a fireball collide.
>>
>>340416137
What kind of very very stupid question is that?

You could multiply Mewtwo's everything by a THOUSAND, and Freeza will still win, probably without even upgrading one stage.
>>
>>340413680
he's talking sense, anon

no matter the bullshit they pull, it still breaks down to "MY GUY HAS LOTS AND LOTS OF POWERS, HE'D BEAT UP YOUR GUY ALL DAY!!"
>>
>>340417724
No, he went off something about children arguing nonsense, and the funny thing is that DB proved that Digimon would trounce Pokemon, even with retarded Pokedex entries taken literally.
>>
>>340417724
Mocking something doesn't mean anything, anon. Proving something with research is different than irrelevant shitflinging on a school playground.
>>
Onslaught.
>>
>>340407489
Anybody got the link?
>>
>>340419203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGqylsonGZY
>>
Who the hell would he even fight? Silver the Hedgehog?
>>
>>340421438
Lucario probably.
>>
Its shadow. The creator already basically said Mewtwo Vs. Silver makes no sense (Which I agree with)
Shadow and Mewtwo are basically the exact same character in their stories, think about it.

-Both created by scientists in hopes of achieving being the most powerful being
-In actuality, both were meant to be the breakthrough needed to save their creator's daughter (Maria, Amber)
-Both created based off of an old legend (Super sonic and Mew)
-Both bonded with a young girl in their early lives; both tragically died and shaped their views of the world
-Both go back into sleeping after the tragedy to be awoken many years later
-Both are awoken by the main villain seeking to use their powers for evil (Eggman and Giovanni)
-Both have negative outlooks on life during this timeframe; one could call them edgy
-Both have 'Super' forms (Mega Mewtwo and Super Shadow)
-Said super forms require the use of powerful stones (Chaos Emeralds and Mega Stone)
-Both fight against their 'light' opposite (Mew and Sonic)
-Both turn over a new leaf and give up being bad
-Both find new duties in life to protect the people (Shadow becomes a GUN agent, Mewtwo watches over and protects his clone family)
-Power wise, both are particularly fast and use lots of energy-based weapons (Shadow Ball and Chaos Spear being their most used projectiles, for example)

It's really either Shadow or BlackWarGreymon, at this point. Either is a good pick in my opinion.
>>
>>340422239
This is the nerdiest post I've seen today.
>>
File: for you.jpg (10 KB, 351x293) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
10 KB, 351x293
>>340422415
sorry
>>
File: NessSmash.png (9 KB, 121x187) Image search: [Google]
NessSmash.png
9 KB, 121x187
Pretty sure it will be Ness

If death battle is smart ness will win, but yeah...
>>
>>340413092
Ben.

Get the fuck out of here.

Goku would win and deal with it.
>>
>>340422498
How exactly does ness beat a being that can slice through building with a spoon, catch city-busting beams in his hand, and wipe away years of memory from his enemies?
All mewtwo needs to do is wipe Ness' memory and he's back to the beginning of Earthbound, essentially, and theres no way in hell Ness wins like that.
>>
File: giygas.jpg (54 KB, 255x222) Image search: [Google]
giygas.jpg
54 KB, 255x222
>>340422821
Ness has beaten nastier guys before.
>>
>>340423297
Ness didn't do shit to Gigyas and you know it. At best, he tanked some impressive hits.
The entire reason Gigyas lost was because of Paula, everyone else was essentially a distraction.

And Gigyas wasn't able to wipe Ness' mind, was he?
>>
>>340422821
>How does Ness beat a Pokemon directly inspired by Giegue, a villain from his own series

Gee I wonder.
>>
>>340423802
>being inspired by = direct copy
wew lad
>>
>>340423516
He could tank hits that the human mind couldn't even conceive, all of Ness' abilities are about being able to control one's mind so much that you can create matter and seizure-tastic explosions out of thin air, safe to say a mind wipe that works on regular humans won't affect him. At best his PP will go down a bit like it happens in the games.

Also that's only the non-canon movie Mewtwo anyways.
>>
File: giegue.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
giegue.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>340423919
But anon, Mewtwo is a clone
>>
>>340422821
>Ness takes on an alien army of powerful psychics who have time travel under their belt.
>He takes on a object that brain washes entire cities and places next to it, creates pocket worlds
>Beats a living storm
>Beats a living fireball so hard that it turns into living diamonds, then breaks said diamonds
>Takes on an entire army of undead soldiers
>destroys a giant ship sinking monster
>creates a world using his early childhood memories as the base
>using telepathy and drugs he possesses another body and completes the final phase of that guys training with him

All this is before he hits god mode.
>>
>>340424228
You cant really prove that Ness CAN resist mind wiping, can you? It's fine and dandy if he has mind control (So does mewtwo) but that doesn't mean anything against mind control.

also its been confirmed the mewtwo in DB will be heavily composited.
>>
>>340423516
Ness is the reason Paula is able to call for help. You are aware Ness linked himself to the universe right?
>>
>>340424495
Here's mewtwo
>Casually blows up a lab when his aging is complete
>Creates a world-ending storm by waving his hand
>Mind controls someone with ease
>Easily capable of just halting someone in midair with Psychic
>slices buildings in half with a spoon
>catches a hyper beam from Lance's dragonair that leveled a city
>helped pull earth from falling into the sun in Mystery Dungeon
>Wiped away years worth of memory from an entire organization
>survived impalement from Deoxys (He can regenerate)
>can slow down time in mega form
>can directly attack the brain
>can engulf the planet in a ball of energy
>>
>>340424515
>main foes way of attacking is to use tax
Telepathy, to the point where he controls animals and humans all over the world with one big brain wash.
>his attempt to get Ness directly using stuff like the mani mani statue fails.
>pk flash is using lights to attack by telepathy in general

Ness has tank mental defense friend.

Mewtwo wouldn't do shit to him telepathy wise.
>>
>>340425140
>Mystery Dungeon
You sure you're not putting different Mewtwo's feats into one?
>>
>>340425350
I am only because the research team confirmed they're using a composite mewtwo.
I admit only one single mewtwo gets shit on by Ness, but not composite.
>>
>>340425140
You are aware that none of that is equal to creating a world like Ness did right?

Your building feet would be a lot more impressive if it wasn't for the fact that ness handles building size rampaging psychic dinosaurs as well
>>
>>340425573
How does creating a world have any significance in a fight?
Is ness just going to stop and say, "I'll make a world now!" and just poof to somewhere else? That's not winning a fight, that's escaping it.
>>
>>340425763
He did it with his psychic power man.
>>
>>340426660
I could create a building with my muscles. That doesn't mean I can break it down with my muscles. That doesn't mean my muscles are the reason the building was built.

It's the same thing with Ness, it has no significance in a fight, it's essentially just showing how creative Ness' mind is, but theres no way to actually translate that "psychic power" to an offensive technique. Hence, it's useless.
>>
>>340407489

Oh man I can't wait until YouTube shit is banned

I'm counting the days until you fuckers leave
>>
>>340426952
It's vidya related whether you like it or not.
>>
>>340408328
The fuck are you talking about? They do side fights now?
>>
>>340427312
Watch your language there, mister.
>>
File: neck_1_.png (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
neck_1_.png
76 KB, 640x480
>>340407489
Gieg.
>>
>>340410812
Isaac from GS?
>>
>>340423919
You're right. Mewtwo is fucking nothing compared to Giygas power-level wise. If they were direct copies, Ness could only win with direct divine intervention of the Player, but a max level Earth's power-synced Ness could easily take down a perfect IV perfect EV perfect nature level 100 Mega Mewtwo.
>>
>>340411925
T. Assmad cloudcuck
>>
>>340421438
>Silver the Hedgehog
It's already been said 10 times in this thread, not a DBZ character
>>
>>340427704
>using only game mewtwo
>when its already confirmed he'll be heavily composited
w e w
>>
File: 33.gif (813 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
33.gif
813 KB, 303x303
>>340427752
>>
>>340426886
We'll u clearly don't get why a feet like that is impressive so I'll also remind u that he destroys said world as well
>>
>>340427865
>Implying the anime is canon
>Even then, implying anime Mewtwo is anywhere near Giygas' powerlevel
>>
>>340428098
How does destroying an imaginary world equate to fighting someone though?
I mean, if he could trap someone in it, cool. that would work. But as far as I know he cant.
>>
>>340412076
What deathbattle does is go off lore instead of what the characters can do in the games. I've always taken issue with this.

If you had two players controlling Doomguy and Master chief, with each character behaving like in the games, the Doomguy player has an advantage in speed and hitpoints. He could win easily by getting in Chief's face and trading hits with him.

Yet deathbattle has Doomguy lose because someone who only checks a wiki page on each character will see that Chief has super duper power armor and Doomguy is "just a marine".
>>
>>340411925
>Implying they aren't even bigger Marvel fanboys.
You would have to be incredibly ignorant of Jean's feats if you think Mewtwo could take her at her best.

>>340422239
>Mewtwo not fighting another psychic
Garbage fight, don't want to watch.

I'm personally hoping for Tetsuo, but that's unlikely.
>>
>>340428218
>of what the characters can do in the games
What? They bring that up every time. Like when they compared DK's moon punching to Knuckles'. They do bring it up as well in the Doomguy vs MC video too, like Doomguy's speed. Thing is that the animation didn't reflect that but in the end it doesn't matter, it's just irrelevant eyecandy.
>>
>>340425140
The second mewtwo movie also shows mewtwo telepathically pulling a mountain from it's foundations and moving it several dozen kilometers to a different location.
>>
Do you guys at least think the fights are cool?

Sweet tooth killed joker right?
>>
>>340428218
That's not really the point of death battle, and most fights would be kind of dumb if they tried to do something like that.
>>
>>340428465
>>Implying they aren't even bigger Marvel fanboys.
Which is why Captain America lost to Batman.

And Quicksilver lost to Flash.
>>
>>340428673
>Quicksilver lost to Flash
Let's be real, anon, even the biggest Marvel fanboy would agree with that.
>>
>>340428913
Then that's not a fanboy. A fanboy is someone who is blinded by his love of something and does not think rationally. I'm sure the youtube comment section of that fight has people arguing about the outcome like all the others.
>>
>>340428485
They brought it up and ignored it completely in the fight. They showed Chief taking cover and Doomguy just standing there like retard, when he could have zoomed around behind Chief in a second, or even taken cover himself. They did not present a fight in which the conclusion was reached believably.
>>
Ge this fanfic tier shit outta here.
>>
>>340429206
>and ignored it completely in the fight.
Next time try to read the rest of the post you're replying to.
>>
>>340428619
I used to think that until I saw the Link vs Cloud deathbattle. Link was shown using a level of agility he had never before demonstrated in his games. Not even in cutscenes. Cloud was not allowed to use his most powerful attacks and items, while Link was using every overpowered item from every game. The whole fight was a shit show, with the outcome not being convincing in the slightest. As far as determining "who would win" with logical methods goes, they failed to deliver.
>>
File: 1381269553883.jpg (99 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1381269553883.jpg
99 KB, 720x720
>>340416137
Why would you even bother with a matchup like this? The only thing that's really similar about these guys is that they're considered relatively strong within their universe and have similar color schemes and ayy lmao looking bodies. That's about it though, Freeza is a fucking planet buster evil dictator while Mewtwo is an animal-like monster that might wreak havoc on some towns at worst if it got in a bad mood (but mostly it just huddles inside caves honing its psychic powers for battle). There's no contest here, it's no fun at all.
>>
>>340429884
It doesn't matter, it's just an irrelevant animation for the public, also they gimped Link by not allowing him to use the triforce which would have been an automatic victory anyway.
>>
>>340429985
>The only thing that's really similar about these guys is that they're considered relatively strong within their universe and have similar color schemes and ayy lmao looking bodies
And they're both psychics who move things without touching them.
>>
>>340429884
>while Link was using every overpowered item from every game
Except Mirror Shield.
Or Great Fairy's Sword.
Or any of his magic.
Or Magic Armor.
Or any of his masks.
>>
>>340429985
while mewtwo isn't even near freeza's power it is powerful enough to act as a major extinction level event, most of the legendaries his class are
>>
>>340429065

Not for Quicksilver vs Flash.

The entire comment section was asking why they dedicated a whole video to such a ridiculous stomp.

No one argued that Quicksilver should have won, people were just irritated that it was a completely wasted battle.
>>
>>340407964
Giygas is an even worse match for Mewtwo.
>>
>>340429389
I did, idiot. You missed the MY point, which was that the shown fights are not irrelevant. They reflect the logic the researchers use and show how they think and why the think character x beats character y. If they show it happening in a way that it should not, they fail to prove the outcome is what would happen.
>>
File: HhVhCrR[1].png (313 KB, 632x628) Image search: [Google]
HhVhCrR[1].png
313 KB, 632x628
>>340430153
Most ki-manipulating characters in Dragon Ball can pull off similar feats, just powering up for a fight lifts rubble off the ground or alters the weather, and Goku uses ki pushing in fights a few times (like against the Ginyu members when he arrives on Namek). If we're looking for a character labeled as a "psychic" within the DB world, we have Guldo.
>>
>>340429884

They took the Dissidea Cloud vs Smash Link.

They didn't let either character use most of the overpowered shit.

And to be honest, there's nothing Cloud could do to beat Fierce Diety Link.
>>
>>340430393
I'm sure there's someone there drowned in the 34000 comments the video has.

A quick google showed this too:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/quicksilver/4005-1467/forums/why-quicksilver-is-a-superior-speedster-532334/
>>
>>340410942
Nah, Charizard is one thing but Mewtwo at his best is completely broken. In the first movie he created and upheld a country sized, potentially life wiping storm with zero visible effort.
>inb4 Origins or game mechanic arguments
>>
>>340430607
Goku had to strain his butthole for 5 minutes to move an object. Frieza can easily lift people by simply waving his hand and blow them up from inside. I think it's pretty clear who's the notable DBZ psychic.
>>
>>340430448
>which was that the shown fights are not irrelevant.
How the hell are they not? They even sometimes say ''even if x hadn't happened like it did in the fight, y would have still won because blah blah''.

Again, they're just irrelevant eyecandy. They never use every single weapon/ability that they say the character has.
>>
>>340430656
Every argument as to why quicksilver is better comes down to the argument that the Speed Force isn't in every universe. Nobody thinks Quicksilver could beat Flash if he had access to Speed Force, which Death Battle would allow him to have.

>>340430853
Frieza isn't a psychic. He uses ki.
>>
>>340431156
>Frieza isn't a psychic. He uses ki.
Do you seriously think this matters?
>>
>>340430036
If they show the fight going down in a way that makes you go, "Hang on, that wouldn't actually work out like it's happening" it's not irrelevant. It does matter if what they show happening is outside of what the characters can or would likely do. Both theory and practical need to make sense.
>>
>>340431291
>Do you seriously think him not being psychic matters in a discussion about why Frieza isn't psychic?
Not that it matters, they confirmed that the battle wasn't going to be Frieza vs. Mewtwo.
>>
>>340431401
The fight animation isn't actually how they determine the winner, it's mostly supposed to be a fun thing to showcase both characters. There are issues in how they portrayed Doomguy in the fight animation, yeah, but you should consider the fight animation and the actual analysis/reasoning for the victor to be two separate things.
>>
>>340431401
>If they show the fight going down in a way that makes you go
It
Doesn't
Matter
They make the fight for the sake of eyecandy, again, not only do they never use all the abilities they say the characters have, but they also point out how even if [event] hadn't happened, [character] would have still won because of something else, meaning the fights are irrelevant because they're just a way of showing what could happen, not what _must_ happen. If they were being realistic then Kirby wouldn't be the size of Majin Buu.

They always explain by words after the fight how x beats y, you could skip the whole battle if you wanted.
>>
>>340431029
>How the hell are they not?

Read the rest of the post you quoted and you'll find your answer. With regards to the Doomguy/Chief battle, at no point do they explain why Doomguy does not bullrush Chief or why it would not work. So, the outcome is invalid.
>>
>>340431565
>him not being Psychic
He moves things with his mind, that's what matters, it doesn't matter if in canon it's actually the magic power of happiness that does it. You're the living embodiment of the ''ackshually'' guy.
>>
>>340432057
Sorry anon, I'll just let you look like an ignorant jackass next time.
>>
>>340432034
>Read the rest of the post you quoted and you'll find your answer
But there is no answer, all you say is that the battle MUST consider everything and I'm saying it doesn't because it's irrelevant eyecandy and has variables like environment (like the lava hole in the Goomba vs Koopa battle). It's just 100% eyecandy and they show that fact themselves often after the battle by pointing out how even if x was y, z would have still happened.
>>
Asura vs Kratos when?

Kratos wins.
>>
>>340432528
are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>340432528
Kratos already lost to Spawn.
>>
>>340431797
Of course it's not how they determine the winner. It's how they show who wins and how, while bringing up the "weapons armor and skills" analysis. If they show a character doing something the character can't do, it shows that they don't know what they're doing. Case in point is Link having more agility than ever demonstrated before AND USING that agility to defeat Cloud.

They can have Link win with whatever is from the games, but if he needs to be a spider monkey (when he isn't) to actually touch Cloud, then the result is not something more credible than any other fan argument.
>>
>>340433446
>It's how they show who wins and how
No, it's a demonstration of both characters, and often will exaggerate some things in order to make the animation more entertaining (such as buffing Raiden so he doesn't get one shotted by Thor, or letting Vader survive more than a minute against Doom.)

Again, saying that "I disagree with the result because so-in-so character did this during the fight" is silly, and what you should be doing if you want to debate the result is arguing against the research and ultimate reasoning.
>>
>>340432335
They don't do that for most of their battles. If you read the rest of my post, you'd see how it was mentioned that they never explained why Doomguy never used his speed to negate Chief taking cover and toughness to defeat Chief in a straightforward slugging match.
>>
>>340433941
The fights they show are indeed how they show their reasoning. It is why they do all the reasoning while replaying parts of the fights. The problem is that the fights tend to inadvertently poke holes in their logic. This is why deathbattle is not definitive in their conclusions. Their fights are not realistic in the sense that they fail to portray what Wizz and Boomstick say would happen, whether the fight eye is candy or not. Doomguy is not going stand still and let Chief take cover, while Link is not going to move around like Spiderman.
>>
>>340430616
>They took the Dissidea Cloud vs Smash Link.
They didn't allow Cloud to use materia. Dissidia Cloud has materia equipped since he can use magic. So they didn't use Dissidia Cloud.
>>
File: Blue.(Pokémon).full.1740375.jpg (543 KB, 780x1490) Image search: [Google]
Blue.(Pokémon).full.1740375.jpg
543 KB, 780x1490
I know for a fact it's BlackWarGreymon, screencap this.
>>
File: dagoth_ur_by_youhey-d4mckpz.jpg (138 KB, 620x886) Image search: [Google]
dagoth_ur_by_youhey-d4mckpz.jpg
138 KB, 620x886
>>340407489
I'd like to see him fight based Lord Dagoth.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.