[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that Wrath of the Lich King was literally the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 34
File: Wrath_of_the_Lich_King.jpg (67 KB, 256x355) Image search: [Google]
Wrath_of_the_Lich_King.jpg
67 KB, 256x355
Friendly reminder that Wrath of the Lich King was literally the downfall of World of Warcraft
>Introduced Dungeon Finder
>Introduced Heirlooms
>Literally rehashed two raids
>Shitty raids overall except for "muh Ulduar"
>Death Knight is literally spooky blue eyes and voice filter

Prove me wrong
Protip: You can't
>>
>>340398647
I'll agree with you

I actually quit shortly after they introduced dungeon finder. I loved bumming around cities slowly gathering a group to run dungeons with and chat with. It was a unique experience.

I'm not entirely against heirlooms and I'm not against Death Knights on principle though
>>
death knights are fun, but the entire Lich King story is retarded
>>
>>340398647

Pretty much but watch the WotLK kiddies come in and defend it
>>
>>340398782
>Tfw gathering people to do Baron 45

Was fun
>>
WRATH OF THE LICH KING IS OBJECTIVELY THE BEST EXPANSION AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS RETARDED.
>>
>>340399134
nice try Tirion
>>
File: 1463014971887.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1463014971887.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>340399134
>>
Can't really say much about the Raiding cause PvE is autism.

But WotLK PvP for arena was by far the most balanced expansion. Cata and beyond is all just gimmicked bullshit.
>>
>>340398647
You forgot;
>Introduce VoA which was a million times worse than any welfare epic system BC had
>>
>>340398647
Late Wrath perhaps. I'm keeping it till Arthas died. ICC was the last great raid.
>>
>>340398647
>dungeon finder
improved the game greatly. if it was never added, wow would've died years ago
>heirlooms
indifferent. heirlooms didn't remove people from the world, nor should anyone matter if someone else is leveling faster.
>rehashed raids
hello, newfag. guess you weren't around when people were literally begging for naxx to be used again, since the 99% weren't able to run it during vanilla
>shitty raids
Opinion. I enjoyed ICC, Ulduar and Naxx. Didn't care for ToC and Ruby.
>death knights
I hate DKs but you're alone in this. Literally complaining about a new class being identical to how they were described in the novels?
>>
>>340399261
indeed. even when they introduced frostmourne, it was still somewhat closer to being balanced.

cata came and ruined it. glad I was rogue because I shitted on niggas all day.
>>
>>340398647

All my friends in game were made pre-dungeon finder trying to make groups by using /who "class" or w/e

I never made a new friend later and all runs were either with randoms or guild only. Except for raids like Onyxia here and there
>>
>>340398647
Sup anon, what's your gearscore?
>>
>>340399385
>dungeon finder
>improved the game greatly. if it was never added, wow would've died years ago

Please play in traffic Timmy
>>
File: 1464858508729.gif (1 MB, 329x274) Image search: [Google]
1464858508729.gif
1 MB, 329x274
>>340398647

I can accept that people liked WoTLK but I can't accept anyone who thinks it was better than the previous expansions or thinks the game hasn't gotten a lot worse post BC.

Also
>anyone who didn't play Vanilla + BC thinking their opinions on what xpack is best are valid
>>
File: 1465322815640.png (168 KB, 403x331) Image search: [Google]
1465322815640.png
168 KB, 403x331
>havent played WoW in 7 years
>log in and create new character
>one shot mobs
>already level 10 after 20 minutes
>uninstall
>>
>>340399385
>hello, newfag. guess you weren't around when people were literally begging for naxx to be used again, since the 99% weren't able to run it during vanilla
Oh yes except that they butchered Naxxramas difficulty you filthy fucking casual and to top it off they actually REMOVED content when it was released so no more Ateish or Corrupted Ashbringer. Or pay shit ton of cash so you can have a chance to get T3 gear.
>>
I'll forgive it because WotLK actually had raids with mechanics and real difficulty beyond "we overtuned this so you literally can't do it but have fun trying :^)"

Raids only got better with every single expansion since WotLK as well, regardless of story or other content
>>
>>340399632
These are my exact opinions toward this debate. Stop being me. It's unhealthy.
>>
>>340398647
Dungeon Finder wasn't inherently bad, what was bad about it was a few things, mostly related to post-Lichking alterations.

The first iteration was great. You just queued up with your buddies and found some randoms, -and- got teleported to the dungeon to boot.

The problems were later.

>Cross Realm Dungeon Finder
Pretty sure this was introduced after wards, but maybe not, but it was definitely a mistake. It made ninja looting way fucking worse because who fucking cares if you fuck over some guy from another realm. It also destroyed any sense of community because you're grouping with people you'll never see again.

Which leads into:

>Instances were dumbed down because of it
Instances literally became pull everything and kill it. No more precisions pulls or requiring CC. Just run in, spam the shit out of it, and go.

Looking for raid was even worse in this regard. I quit in LK and got boosted in cata and joined a raid for Deathwing without knowing a damn thing about it and we still won. That's a fucking joke.

>Death Knights
Death Knights were so fucking disgustingly broken it was retarded.
>>
is it weird that my problem with Naxx isn't rehashing old content, but the fact that they removed the top level of vanilla content to put back in as a gearing raid? Imagine if they removed Dragon Soul from the game so they could put a 1:1 copy of it with inflated numbers into the game as the first raid of Legion. It just makes no sense
>>
File: 1463719898600.jpg (35 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1463719898600.jpg
35 KB, 460x345
>>340398647

Wrath of the Lich King aka The Slippery Slope Into Downtown Casual Town
>>
Ulduar is still my favourite raid by a mile, what pisses me off is how shit the loot was, my pvp weapons were better than algalon drops.

The game did simmer down at WOTLK, it's a fact based on subscriber numbers, I left when the content gating began.
What killed it though was cata, you cannot defend that abortion of an expansion, that's where the retard mcgee should kill deathwing 2 days after dinging max level idea came from.

Least those of us that played vanilla and TBC have good memories
>>
>>340400197
This

WotLK is where Blizzard started chopping off huge pieces of the game because "convenience"
>>
File: 13598744165.gif (391 KB, 292x214) Image search: [Google]
13598744165.gif
391 KB, 292x214
>people used to mock wrathbabies on this very board for being the audience that motivated the casualization of WoW
>now they are the vocal majority and WotLK is considered one of the best expansions

Where did everyone go?
>>
>>340400004
>is it weird that my problem with Naxx isn't rehashing old content, but the fact that they removed the top level of vanilla content to put back in as a gearing raid?
Nope that's actually a pretty valid reason since old Naxx was literally the best of the best and new Naxx is a joke.
>>
>>340398647
Pretty much.

And to everyone complaining about not getting to do Naxx in vanilla I say go fuck yourself. You either started late and didn't get to enjoy it like we did. Or you sucked to hard and didn't get to enjoy it like we did. Fuck casuals, Blizzard needs to stop pandering to their bullshit with this reskinned game of the month shit.
>>
>>340398647
WotLK set up WoW to fail but it didn't actually fail until Cata came around.
>>
Nothing wrong with WOTLK except the painfully looking titan instances. Ulduar was okay, some fun bosses here and there but singling out the last boss for mlg guilds was a mistake.
>>
>>340400346

No-one cares about WoW anymore thankfully
>>
>>340399769
>REMOVED content when it was released so no more Ateish or Corrupted Ashbringer
Jeeze I wonder why they removed the ashbringer when its explained exactly why its not there. I bet you also shitpost complaining about being getting the ashbringer as well.

>>340399385
>Dungeon finder
I don't really use it because I'm in a guild so I guess it hurt casuals who thought they weren't casual feelings?
>heirlooms
Changes nothing about anything sounds like someone who didn't play trying to look cool on /v/
>Shitty raids
If you didn't like ICC you are the definition of a casual shitter it could have been the worst raid ever and the LK fight would still have been worth. Kill yourself
>death knights
A new class is bad because it was op for too patches.
>>
>>340400346
Do you even play WoW
>>
>>340400360
The thing the casuals miss is that naxx being this mega hard engame raid made the game BETTER.
It gave them an end goal, something far far in the distance to strive to, I only got halfway through it (four horseman :))))))))))))))))))))) but it was nice to see KT as this giant end boss that if we try hard enough we can reach.

It's the same with TBC, I never killed kil'jaeden but it was nice to know there's an endboss which is fucking difficult to get to but if you put the work in you can get there.
>>
>>340400359
I never did Naxx in vanilla, but it just feels weird to take out the last PvE content it ever got because Blizzard was too lazy to think of a different reason to fight Kel'thuzad
>>
>>340400346
People stopped giving a shit about it until the recent Legion spam + Nost threads
>>
>>340398647
I don't think it was the downfall, but it definitely paved the way for the huge fuck up that was Cata. WotLK on release had a lot of good things going for it, but with subsequent patches they introduced more and more of the streamlining from Cata that fucked it all.
>>
>>340398782
>>340399385
>>340400557
Heirlooms kill non max level world PvP. They are absurdly overtuned and mean instant victory over anyone who's not wearing them.

They should've been implemented as just exp buffs, so that you still have to go look for gear.
>>
>cater to casuals
>casuals flock to the game
>casuals move onto FB games after getting bored
>they lose numbers ever since
>don't understand why the game is failing
>still claim they know what the fans want
>laughingelfman.bat
>>
> you will never be a cute draenei girl
why live
>>
>>340401143
With a huge futa cock
>>
>>340401205
exactly
>>
>>340398647
ToC was pretty fun.
>>
File: images22.png (8 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
images22.png
8 KB, 211x239
>>340401093
>numbers are the same as vanilla days

good old days just like everyone wanted
>>
File: hunto.png (420 KB, 484x671) Image search: [Google]
hunto.png
420 KB, 484x671
>>340401891
yea shoving a cactus up my asshole was pretty fun too
>>
File: maxresdefault3.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault3.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
It's going to suck.

>Adds even more layers to the bullshit loot RNG with titanforged and PVP strongboxes
>Artifacts still gated behind Garrisons 2.0 (unless they actually changed that like they said they would)
>Plot is even more "Ur da bes mane ^3^" then WoD with lore characters getting fucked up so you can wield their toys for an xpac (Thrall gets hard nerfed by the elementd themselves, Malfurion is made into Xavius' bitch, Ysera and Tirion straight-up die)
>Still nothing done about the botched as fuck leveling experience
>No new BGs or Arenas again
>Blizz trying to fix what isn't broke with Presitge
>Mythic plus will be nerfed to shit and made irrelevant
>>
File: 1461773700944.jpg (70 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461773700944.jpg
70 KB, 1440x1080
Honestly, while it shouldnt have been its own raiding tier (and especially not so soon after ulduar), ToC was pretty alright

>No trash (because fuck people who always goes afk when we have to clear trash so it takes way longer than it should)
>pretty unique and interesting fights (if a bit too easy and too few)
>immortal chest runs

also some of the music for it was REALLY good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2tHqM7geAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj5uw126POY

>mfw listening to this
>>
>>340402586

>YFW music has been muted since Vanilla
>>
>>340402586
TOC heroic unironically had some banging boss fights, aside from the shitty "pseudo-PVP" bullshit.
>>
>>340401093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM
>>
>>340402581
It's going to be the best solely because I'll run around as a Demon Hunter doing flips and shit for a month killing demons. I'm gonna RP so hard, and exclusively fight only DEMON enemies in raids and dungeons and just stand there cursing SARGERAS and not associate with other classes because I've become EMBITTERED by my dark plight that other non-demon hunters can't appreciate.
>>
File: eggMKWJ.png (37 KB, 128x146) Image search: [Google]
eggMKWJ.png
37 KB, 128x146
>>340403517
>the average LFR retard
your affirmative action mode needs to be purged
>>
>>340402581
>Mythic plus will be nerfed to shit and made irrelevant
It's not queued, they almost never nerf non-queue content

>>340401036
>World PvP
>Post TBC
Nice try boyo
>>
>thinks leveling was an enjoyable experience outside of vanilla, or a week after an expansion pack is out

nostfags everyone
>>
>>340398647
i liked ICC, it was enjoyable
>tfw never killed arthas in both 10 & 25 thanks to shitters
>>
Friendly reminder that World of Warcraft was literally the downfall of Blizzard
>officially made them a company that only cates to casuals
>ruined Warcraft lore
>not a single worthwhile Blizz game came out afterward
>>
>>340403517
>Can't enslave metamorphed locks
>won't be able to enslave tards like this
Why resub
>>
>>340404295
well from the pictures i saw . nost looked like "first week of a exp" kind of leveling
which its the only mmo part of wow
>>
>>340398647
TBC was way worse for anyone but poopsockers.
>>
File: Blizzard being a good bitch.jpg (8 KB, 225x226) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard being a good bitch.jpg
8 KB, 225x226
>>340404520
>tfw
>>
>>340404673
>Cleaned up the shit that Vanilla left
>Worse

Lol no cuck
>>
File: 1462528931660.jpg (59 KB, 700x547) Image search: [Google]
1462528931660.jpg
59 KB, 700x547
>>340398647

>implying anyone liked riding to a raid

>Introduced Heirlooms

You're free to not use them if you don't like to level up faster, nigger.

Got some bad news: all raids are literally fucking rehashes

>Shitty raids overall except for "muh Ulduar"

90% of the raids are all the same, fuck off.

>Death Knight is literally spooky blue eyes and voice filter.

They're KNIGHTS, not deformed fucks

Overall you can go suck a big fat nigger dick, OP

/thread
>>
>>340404803
Vanilla was much better than TBC though.
>>
>>340402581
>a whole fucking world turned into a fucking little tiny raid for 20 retards
>>
>>340403969
>>340404535
I wouldn't expect unblinded to understand
>>
>>340398647
Death Knights also had unique skin textures and hair colors.
>>
>>340404520
yeah so bad it made them so much money and of course overwatch is complete shit nobody is enjoying it
>>
>>340404827
>>implying anyone liked riding to a raid
one of my best wow memories is killing the alliance raid at the entrance of mc and onyixia
>>
>>340400346
To work
>>
>>340405103
Going to raids for the first few times with your friends is fun, yeah, but it eventually gets boring

Best thing to do is to go on foot towards raids at least once before being able to use dungeon finder
>>
>>340399261
LOL are you fucking retarded? DKs being the fotm were fucking superior in everyway, then there were months that ret pallys could 1v10 in bgs and arenas, WOTLK was bullshit all the way
>>
>>340405360
>but eventually gets boring
agree , like everything
that was cata model , dunno if they changed it when they made heroics a joke
>>
>>340405584
I'm a nostcuck, but people fellating WotLK arena is the definition of nostalgia painting something way better than it actually was. DKs, Rets, Warriors, Smourne all made the entire expac fucking retarded balance wise. Arenas in early Cata were way better than they were in all of Wrath.
>>
>>340398647
I agree even though I liked wrath overall
but it definitely was the beginning
well maybe sunwell was the beginning, cause that was when they added welfare epics to the game
but wrath has a lot of things that steered wow in the wrong direction
wrath was also originally supposed to have a lot more raid content, an utgarde raid, a zul'drak raid, a lot more content regarding the nexus war, an azjol-nerub raid/zone, more dragon bosses (emerald, brronze and azure sanctum)
they scrapped a lot and when you compare amount of raid content from tbc to amount of raid content of wrath and the expansions after, it's clear to see that wrath was the beginning of minimal raid content and of rehashed dungeons and raids
>>
>>340402581

>Ysera dies

At least it's better than her being eternally ignored, right?
>>
>>340407812
>At least it's better than her being eternally ignored, right?
I would say no, but then again, I don't care about WoWs lore anymore, because Blizzard ruined it long ago
>>
>>340398647
Considering that's the last expansion where they adapted stuff, it's obvious

Maybe if they made Warcraft 4 their legendary MMO wouldn't be failing to a shitty card game or FPS ASSFAGGOTS
>>
I've always wondered what would have happened if they moved more towards everquest after the success of vanilla.

You already had a good chunk of old players and a new fanbase by making a mmo more accessible.
>>
>>340398647

So who was better, Alliance or Horde?
>>
Getting loot from badges towards the end of TBC gave me a bad feeling and judging how WOTLK turned out besides Ulduar i was right.
>>
I started playing WoW in June 2005 and WOTLK was my favorite expansion ( played them all more or less ) and Pandas the worst.
>>
>>340398647

Friendly reminder that Burning Crusade was literally the downfall of World of Warcraft
>Introduced resilience
>Introduced flying mounts
>Introduced welfare epics
>Introduced daily quests
>Literally rehashed two BGs to make EotS
>Shitty lore overall except for "muh brown orcs"
>Draenei are literally Protoss with Russian accents
>>
Fuck off, wotlk was still great
>>
>>340408773
MY LIFE for the horde
>>
File: Grizzly_hills[1].png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Grizzly_hills[1].png
2 MB, 1600x1000
>tfw nostalging about Grizzly Hills just the other night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLJSIsg3lh8
>>
>>340409642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD5etU_225Y
>>
File: 1458867581051.gif (2 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
1458867581051.gif
2 MB, 359x346
>>340403025

serves those jews right! MAKE IT F2P ALREADY! FFS

there making how much off of hearthstone? and how much of overwatch and heroes of the storm? hearthstone and heroes of the storm are free to play

they have made trillions upon trillions of dollars off of over 10 years of wow being 15 dollars a month per person plus expansions, plus microtransactions

AND THESE GREEDY ASS JEWS CANT MAKE THERE OUTDATED 12 YEAR OLD GAME F2P YET? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? REEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK JEWSTONE, FUCK HEROES OF THE JEWS, FUCK JEWWATCH, GIVE ME F2P WOW ALREADY YOU DIRTY KIKES! I'LL BUT THE EXPANSION, JUST DONT SQUEEZ THE BLOOD OF ME TO RENT A GAME EVERY 3 TO 4 WEEKS FOR A DECADE OLD GAME, FUCK!

*blizzards face when they just keep getting away with it
>>
PVP Arenas with best in slot PVE rewards and the retcons to start BC is what killed WoW, but the devs responsible for it would have done something else eventually. Wrath of the Lich King was just when WoW gasped it's last breath.
>>
>>340410805
>I'LL BUY* THE EXPANSION, JUST
>>
>>340408773

Lok'tar Ogar¡¡¡
>>
>>340398647
>introduced rated pvp
opinion discarded
best xpac
>>
>>340409140

Look at this faggot, guys
>>
Boy sure is fun to spam "LFG (x)" All day.
>>
>>340398647
>game at its peak popularity ruined it

ok
>>
What did everyone think about Ulduar, looking back?

When I played during wotlk it was a refreshing challenge from shitty eoe naxx and OS 25
>>
>>340398647
imho the downfall was the introduction of flying mounts. it was a great world pvp game until tbc.
>>
WotLK had best pve rotations.
>>
File: 1464582184847.jpg (46 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
1464582184847.jpg
46 KB, 600x703
>literally ripping abilities away from rogues and warlocks so demon hunters can have them instead

Creatively bankrupt is an understatement
>>
>>340399785
I would argue that raiding has gotten worse as a tank. 99% of boss fights after wotlk were "taunt at x stacks". I like actually having to use my brain in raids.
>>
>>340411069
He's right, though. Anyone that played pre-bc can tell you it was better before the expansions, period. Therefore BC killed WoW and started a trend that most players happily bought into. Rated Arenas you can queue from anywhere with best in slot PVE gear even counting resil was what really did it.
>>
I agree with you
>>
>>340409140
>focusing the game around 2vs2 pilar jumping mini-game
not that resilience wasn't a problem
>>340411163
>vehicle fight
>dks nerfed to worthless (arcane was stealth nerfed too , ended without fun classes to play)
then i dropped the rest of wotlk
>>
>>340411521
Cataclysm had some pretty interesting tank mechanics though
>>
>>340411297
world pvp was killed when they added battlemasters during vanilla
>>
>>340411163
I was in the guild that got Martin Fury and was one of the folks banned. AMA.
Really ruined what I can now see was probably the best raid in WoW
>>
>>340411913
>Martin Fury
what's that?? I was in The Core on tich, quit before totc
>>
>>340412049
Mods accidentally gave a guildy ashirt that had the ability to kill everything around the user, no joke
got caught because we brought it into Ulduar and got a world first for a cheevo from Flame Leviathan on accident and fags noticed. We all got banned in the raid and everyone else in the guild related or not got banned for up to 3 days while they figured out what the fuck happened
>>
>>340411623

Arenas were terrible for the overall game I agree with that.
>>
>>340398647
>>340398782
I disagree. The downfall of WoW is being the same game/play for it's whole existence. Shit gets stale, but even if the general combat isn't (PvP is still really entertaining, and there's nothing really as deep for fantasy games), theme parks are.
>>
>>340398647
>crying neet appealing to neets thread

Idling in lfg chats for hours to get groups wasn't fun.

Leveling alts still isn't fun but heirlooms help

Nobody saw or played vanilla naxx. It was new for 99% of the players.

ICC was better than ulduar.

DKs are as much of a normie pandering mistake as DH is.

No, BC killed wow

>flying
>dailies
>starts of class honogenization
>>
>>340398647
didn't it also have the fastest clear time of world firsts on its raids?
>>
>>340398647
... the community is the downfall of wow.
and blizzard right there encouraging their shit.
>>
>>340413265
>Nobody saw or played vanilla naxx. It was new for 99% of the players.
Keep telling yourself that pussy ass bitch
>>
File: 1464702098450.jpg (48 KB, 268x256) Image search: [Google]
1464702098450.jpg
48 KB, 268x256
>>340412817
>vanilla
>achievements
>>
>>340398647
Wow was always shit.
>>
>>340413593
>Ulduar
>Vanilla
retard
>>
Wotlk had the best soundtrack in my opinion, fishing around grizzly hills for hour to the music
>>
>>340413552
Pretty sure that it no longer matters.

Bottom line is WoW is an old shitty game in 2016.
>>
>>340413747

Martin Fury incident took place in vanilla, not Wrath you dickfuck
>>
>>340413131
I proved your theory wrong bud. The gear treadmill already exists, the problem is the gameplay has been made trash and content is a yearly thing.
>>
>>340398647
Don't forget Wrath gave birth to the cancerous Gearscore meme.

>LFM VoA 5.5k GS REQUIRED LINK ACHIEVEMENT

People cared more about item level than actual player skill.
>>
>>340413870
WoW's gear treadmill doesn't provide the crafting volume that expiring gear would, and it doesn't provide Wplay/PvP. Post invalidated.
>>
>>340413860
I was there faggot it happened in Ulduar and was caught because of the highest killing blow ever being the exact health of Flame Levianthan on the Armory on the fucking website
>>
>>340414293
>WoW's gear treadmill doesn't provide the crafting volume that expiring gear would, and it doesn't provide Wplay/PvP
I've already explained to you how it does though, multiple times.
>>
>>340398647
This was around the time I quit, so yeah. Good call, op.
>>
>>340398647
3.3 was the downfall of WoW when 1 year raid tiers and dungeon finder became a thing.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_060405_015653.jpg (51 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_060405_015653.jpg
51 KB, 512x384
TBC started it first
>flying mounts
>arenas
>attunements get removed
>leveling gets easier
>raid size drastically reduced
>alliance and horde no longer have unique classes
>maximum level city is a safe space where no ganking may occur
Fuck TBC and TBC apologists.
Give me Vanilla or give me death.
>>
>>340414926
That was just building on the foundation BC planted. BC is at fault, through and through.
>>
>>340413265
>nobody saw or played vanilla naxx
on other notes
vanilla naxx at 70 was harder than fucking naxx at wotlk release
>>
>>340415381
>attunements removed
>in BC
?
>>
>>340415543
Patch 2.4 buddy
And no raid has required an attunement ever since.
>>
>>340415381
no problem with flying mounts
agree with everything else
>hey pulling kazzak/doomwalker (was called?) to sattrath is fun
>FUN!? FUN!? IN A BLIZZARD GAME! CAN'T HAVE THAT NERF NERF NERF NERF RUIN FUN MODE ON!
fuck blizzard
>>
File: 1463628769964.gif (236 KB, 311x267) Image search: [Google]
1463628769964.gif
236 KB, 311x267
>>340415491
>Guides decides to do Naxx
>Think I will be fine in T6 raid geae
>mfw Sapphiron fight

Holy shit he tore me a new asshole
>>
>>340414804
>not providing an argument.
>>
>>340415759
>no problem with flying mounts
It's the biggest flaw of the game imo desu. Completely ruined World PvP, made world feel much, much smaller and made exploration/wallclimbing in newer zones obsolete.
>>
>>340415695

The Eye kind of
>>
>>340415381
I didn't mind reduced raid size since getting 40 people was a hassle
>>
>>340416086
Tempest Key was removed in 2.3.0
>>
>>340398647
Ulduar best raid zone to date
Icecrown best questing zone to date
comfy new fishing tournament introduced

Everything else with the expansion sucked dicks

Onyxia was rehashed for 5th anniversary and was a nice bonus desu
>>
>>340398647

Yeah. Actually I saw it coming towards the end of TBC and quit then. WotLK only proved me right.
>>
>>340398647
WotLK was also the highest point of WoW.
After reaching the top of a mountain, the only direction left is down.
>>
>>340416208

I meant Eye of Eternity
>>
>>340416074
world pvp was ruined when they added battlemasters
even during vanilla there was less people doing tarren mill fights after battlegrounds were added
i have no problems if they make zones ground-only mounts
problem i have its the fucking slow ass mount not moving at 350%
>>
>>340416189
If you had to manage the guild or lead the raids, probably. But from a raider's perspective, it was fucking fun. You had class leaders, you had those fights where boss dies to 1/4 of the raid while the rest dies, you had fucking massive guild events outside raids. Bigger guilds were simply better.
>>
>>340416374
Kinda forgot about that one. It wasn't much of an attunement though, MC and BWL had similar objectives.
>>
>>340398647
What's funny is that Wrath babies grew up into wrath men and they're calling it the best expansion.
But also your last point was dumb dude. Other classes don't get spooky eyes and a voice filter at all and undead is already a race.

WotLK is where the shit that ruined the game happened, it just took until Cata to really have an effect.
>>
File: 1461275548798.jpg (104 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461275548798.jpg
104 KB, 500x375
>>340398647
Why did they have to kill my boy Arthas...
And his pre-LK model looks like he has down-syndrome, and his old voice actor was GOAT
>>
>>340416459
Of course people started doing southshore PvP less after battlegrounds came around, but BRM/EPL/Silithus PvP always flourished just because it was natural for opposing factions to meet there and try to kill each other.
>>
File: JVy5G9A.jpg (116 KB, 1360x1318) Image search: [Google]
JVy5G9A.jpg
116 KB, 1360x1318
>>340399727
>You can literally give your level 1 a mount and full epics.
>>
>>340398647

Friendly reminder that the gameplay had nowheres to go but down from release day. It's a Skinner box with awful gameplay.
>>
>>340417047
never saw any pvp in silithus outside the beta servers , but thats me
>>
Wrath was great until ICC and there was an extremely noticeable change in the playerbase becoming relentless faggots
>>
File: 1464808917972.jpg (9 KB, 233x271) Image search: [Google]
1464808917972.jpg
9 KB, 233x271
>>340409749
>>
>>340398647
TBC actually killed wow

>little zones
>everything in the 10 new zones is completely disconnected from the previous content
>Quests that are done in the exact spot where you find the quest givers
>raiding is the center of the game
>flying mounts
>PVP gear is better than PVE
>Resilience
>Arena
>Killing major lore characters in shitty raid
>major retcons
>Bloated numbers where the first pieces of gear you get are better than everything in the previous content

wotlk was just TBC but more casual
>>
are there any good WOTLK or TBC servers?
>>
>>340416875
>not BC
>calling other people nostalgic
anon you're wrong tho
>>
File: 1462742796785.png (152 KB, 300x319) Image search: [Google]
1462742796785.png
152 KB, 300x319
>>340417059
I don't know why they thought that was a good idea, it reminds me of every korean/chinese mmo, when all the pay to win faggots are hanging out in the starting are with their bought gear and mounts
>>
I didn't enjoy Wrath as much as I did TBC, but I still had fun.

Cataclysm was the real downfall of WoW objectively speaking though. That was when the subscriber count officially nosedived and when people were really starting to get fed up with the game after nerfing heroics, implementing raid finder, changing the classic zones and music, and made item level a big deal more than it was back then. People would flat out refuse to invite you to raids not because you sucked or you were an asshole, but because you didn't meet a inflated number.
>>
>>340398647
It certainly was the beginning of the end but still miles better than any of the shit that came later.
Cata was were the game really went to shit.
>>
>>340417302
This actually.

WoW should have kept 60 level cap forever and just expanded horizontally with more content throughout the game. Would have been fucking great.
>>
>>340417541
>People would flat out refuse to invite you to raids not because you sucked or you were an asshole, but because you didn't meet a inflated number.

it was like this since wotlk
>>
>>340398782
>>
>>340417750
but it was taken to an extreme in Cataclysm when they started gating instances behind item level and they added their own official "gearscore" number in the character info list.
>>
File: feel.jpg (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
7 KB, 205x246
>:ftw no Warcraft IV
why bother
>>
>>340417975
>tfw we got a shitty moba instead.
>It's an "Hey look all our IPs are fighting eachother" episode.
>>
>>340417319
I played dalaran-wow some time ago, it was pretty good. Had some bugs here and there but GMs pretty much always helped you if you made a ticket that explained the problem clearly.

1x rates and it's a progression server, apparently they're at Onyxia's Lair. I'm looking at a forum post right now and they get like 2k people at peak times.
>>
The downfall started with ToC. Ulduar was the best experience I've ever had and then Blizz just decides to shit the bed in the very next patch. Fuck them.
>>
>>340417685

So Naxx gear would -always- be the best gear you could get, even ten years later? Because that's what you're implying. Eventually old content needs to be replaced by new content.
>>
>>340417319
Lordaeron/warmane is hte only wotlk server with enough population

TBC servers are dead
>>
>>340417975
Warcraft IV would have been shit anyways thanks to Activision-Blizzard.

Enjoy your skinnerbox that's dumbed down for the mobile audience.
>>
>>340418452
its not that

they made all content pointless which led people to grind to max levels to raid and the current wow dilema

theres not enough content to keep people playing

because of the nature of the design its absolutely impossible for blizz devs to make enough in such a short amount of time

they could just advanced the world aka reusing it but changing it enough while adding content to each zone

The expansions removed the world from WoW
>>
WoW started going downhill when they made alliance shaman and horde paladin.

Though i guess if they hadn't the horde would have lost at everything during wotlk since shaman were utter shit and paladins were buffed to be the easiest faceroll class of the time
>>
I'm just curious, did we ever get to do anything with the Emerald Dream?
I think I remember reading in the original WoW manual that Furion wss trapped in the Dream and the player might get to go rescue him.
>>
>>340419356

There was a novel that sorted the whole thing out
No need to bother busy adventurers with stuff like that
>>
>>340419508
Man fuck that, I wanted to fight dream dragons.
>>
>>340419356
No, but in Cata, Malfurion returns from the Emerald Dream. Alongside him, all the demigods: Cenarius, Malorne, Avianna, etc as part of the Mount Hyjal questline. So much for dying.
>>
>>340419838

With a measly 12 million subs, they just didn't have the resources
>>
>>340419356
>World of Warcraft
>Letting the player do anything important despite the fact its constantly telling them they're important.

Nope.
>>
anyone playing on Kronos1 or 2? this shit any good?

I avoided Nostalrius because devs were french cucks but lately I've been felling urge to play me some wow
>>
Can I just say rehashed or not I liked WLK Naxx because I was a scrub in vanilla and never got to experience it. So many fond memories of that place both with randoms and /v/ guilds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNAVqW1shA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M
>>
>>340398647
It was fun but it was definitely the beginning of the end.
>>
>>340418452
well could be like tbc
>best trinket in ssc
>best weapon in archimonde
>best offhand in kil'jiaden
i only remember this being true for the trinket but you get the point
>>
>>340419927
>>340420269
>>340420418
God dammit this is why I hate neo Bliz, they had all these amazing ideas and locations for WoW but most of them were scrapped (ED, Twisting Nether, Undermine) or Cata did them poorly (Gilneas, Deathwing)
At least Grim Batol was kinda cool.
>>
>>340421828
>most of them were scrapped
>did them poorly
If they do a full-blown Emerald Dream, it'll probably be something like a trippy-reskin of Azeroth.
>>
>>340421828
I'm not exactly sure what I expected from GB but in my mind I built it up a lot over the years and it felt super underwhelming in Cata, just another instance with boring mobs. It along with Emerald Dream and so on had this almost mythical "soon" feeling to them, that sooner or later the epic World of Warcraft would be expanded and our minds would be blown. Maybe I expected too much.
>>
>>340421828
i expected a fully city like ironforge to be grim batol , but a lot bigger deeper and with instances and raids
i was expecting too much but at least i expected a big city
>>
File: 1465330680120.gif (740 KB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
1465330680120.gif
740 KB, 300x242
>>340402581
>No new BGs or Arenas again
i watched a vid from bajheera a few days ago and i'm pretty sure he was in one of the new arenas
grass-covered plateau or something like that
>>
>>340399134
Cata
>questing zones that are actually unique and strongly stand out from each other
>reinvigorated old questing zones
>story is strongly concurrent across all new content instead of individualized, self-contained stories for each zone as in other expansions
>fun, unique dungeons and extremely lore-heavy raids

Cata, in hindsight, is the most solid effort in an expansion Blizzard ever put out.
>>
>>340422240
I'm picturing a Caverns of Time situation where you'd meet one of Ysera's consorts and he teleports you to this vast zone that feels like the Barrens (except not as big, obv) with tall grass, there'd probably be a part of it that has a lot of heavy Nelf forest, which is where you'd find Furion.

>>340422269
>>340422275
I blame Richard fucking Knaak, this book was essentially a Grim Batol hype generator.
>>
>>340398647
>>Death Knight is literally spooky blue eyes and voice filter
you forgot that paladins had a huge buff and literally everyone ended up rolling one
>>
>>340422240
If they do Emerald dream, they can go fucking crazy with it. I don't get why they'd avoid it because its too green when they did Wrath without making it all white.

Nature has every color there ever was and we would be able to see pre-sundering Azeroth fucking exploding with nature, but Blizzard isn't creative enough for that.
>>
>>340398782
You're still here, still stupid, and still wrong. That's dedication you can't buy.
Please go ahead and find yourself a way to just never speak again though. You're an idiot.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.