[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone like Devil May Cry 2? I just got done playing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-DMC2FrontCover[1].jpg (25 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
250px-DMC2FrontCover[1].jpg
25 KB, 250x355
Does anyone like Devil May Cry 2?

I just got done playing the first through DMD mode, and this one seems bad by comparison. Most of the normal enemies aren't even attacking half of the time, and bosses feel like you just need to button mash to win. I just got done with the helicopter boss, and the whole fight was spamming guns while occasionally pressing the dodge button. It was tedious.

The first game had its own issues, bad camera, and the first Mundus fight was pretty tedious too. Overall it was a good game though, but this one seems so much worse. Am I not giving it a chance or should I just play 3?
>>
Just play 3
>>
>>340395081
3 is argued to be best in series
>>
>>340395081
Play it so you can suffer like those who bought it when it released.
>>
>>340395081
DMC2 is mediocre to shit.
Just play 3.
>>
>>340395081
It has good aspects, but overall is very weak.

Are you the anon who was wondering whether or not to play it about a week ago? You should be good to move on to 3 now.
>>
>>340395081
That game was really bad, like, wow.
>>
Only good thing it 2 is the soundtrack. Skip. Play 3
>>
2 is a truly terrible game. I replayed it when I got the HD collection, thinking "ah, it can't be THAT bad, maybe we're all just too hard on i-"no.

It's awful in almost every way. Some enemy designs are cool and the soundtrack might be the best in the series, but everything else is terrible. Levels are too big, enemy AI is awful, the camera is broken, there's no cohesion in the plot, they made Dante incredibly boring, the texture work in most levels is so muddy it looks like someone spilled ink all over it, bosses are terrible and the one good idea, Dante's overdrive Devil Trigger, kills EVERYTHING in 4 hits or less.

Even if it's less offensive, it's worse than DmC.
>>
Is there anything more edgy than the devil may cry series?
>>
3 > 4 = DmC > 1 >>>>> 2
>>
>>340395081

I hated it. I played through it twice back in the day. It's bland, ugly, easy.

2 was made by a totally new team with zero imput by Kamiya or his team.

3 is pretty good as they listened to the complaints of 2.
>>
I remember renting 2 back when it released. I loved 1 and was full ready for the sequel. It was so mediocre after playing 1 that it hurt. My child brain couldn't really understand that a sequel could be worse than its predecessor. This was probably the first instance of my life where I realised this.

Replayed it in the HD collection recently and it's alright. Not great. You can beat the game using guns only and for most enemies guns only is required.
>>
>>340396030
>devil may cry
>edgy

Unless you're talking about DmC specifically; you're completely clueless
>>
>>340396030
Why are you such a faggot? If you have a problem with a game being "edgy" then you shouldn't be playing games in the first place.
>>
>>340395081
They should really remake this game and make it not shit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.