[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm just starting Dark Souls for the first time, what should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
I'm just starting Dark Souls for the first time, what should I know before going in? What class is the best for retards like me?
>>
You just need git gud you are welcome
>>
>>340393181
Play a better game
>>
>>340393181

If you're getting absolutely fucked, you're either terrible or going the wrong way.
>>
just be a knight
>>
>>340393181
Go knight if you are a complete newb.

Only thing you need to know is kill the dogs first

That is literally it.
>>
>>340393181
Knight for noobs. Deprived if you're going all out. Always choose master key get 12 faith and the starting heal spell and then go to fight Dwayne in the tower with the locked door
>>
Knigga is the most retardproof class.

Keep your equipment weight below 50% at all times. Go below 25% if you want the best rolls.

If you are fighting skellies after leaving the tutorial area, you are going the wrong way.

Be patient and pay attention to your surroundings.

Read item descriptions if you are a story/lorefag cause that's all you get.

Don't put points into Resistance.

If one tactic gets you shrekt 2-3 times in a row it's time to stop being retarded and try something else.

Try out a bunch of weapons and pick one that has a moveset you like.
>>
File: 1460064177698.jpg (328 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
1460064177698.jpg
328 KB, 746x746
>>340393181
>>
-Read messages, think before following them though.
-Heavy armor gives you poise, which will prevent you from being staggered by light attacks.
-First time play with shield and use a shield with high stability to block anything that looks like a stupid wheel.
-Pyromancy requures no magic stat except attunement for slots. Level up the glove you can get later for some neat spells.
- Take your time and enjoy the atmosphere and level-design
- Remember that all fights except two bosses are fair and possible on first try.
Don't get smoked by the frogs.

An area with "township" in the name is pvp-hotspot. Be at Level 120 for it, it is the meta level.
>>
I am also about to get this game. Should I get the prepare to die edition or the original? Does PTDE have the base game the same?
>>
Wear fedora
>>
- The cemetery near the beginning isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be. Just watch out for the big skeletons. They hurt.
- The flooded ruins are actually pretty safe to poke around a bit early on. Just don't aggro the ghosts.
>>
>>340393181
Your starting class REALLY doesn't matter as much as you think it does. Knight is probably the best choice for beginners though because it has really good starting stats like high strength which will be really useful when you want to use better weapons.

Your starting gift should be the master key because it allows you open some doors that really come in handy.

Don't be afraid to explore areas but you should know that because the game is non linear it gives you access to some really difficult areas right at the start so if you're really struggling with a certain area just go somewhere else for a bit and come back when you have better gear and stats.

Being able to dodge attacks is really important so you should practice that as much as you can. Shields should only be used when you have no other option or you want to tank something.

Equip Load should always be less than 50%, ideally less than 25% but that's not always possible.

Suicide runs are a thing. You should try to run through areas and avoid enemies just so you can get a feel for the area and maybe pick up some good loot along the way.

Learn how to backstab.

Learn how to parry. (This is really difficult at first but you'll get used to it)

The best stats to level up as a beginner are: Vitality, Strength, Dexterity and Endurance. Avoid everything else unless you really want to try something specific like magic. Avoid Resistance because it's literally shit and doesn't do anything useful.

When you die the only things that you lose are souls and humanity. Humanity allows you to summon helpers, be invaded and also raises your item discovery so you get better drops.

Play the DLC. It is really good.

Be prepared to die a lot.

Kill the dogs first.
>>
I keep hearing people say "kill the dogs first"
What does that mean? Which dogs are you guys talking about.
>>
>>340398986
the dogs
>>
>>340398986
ah never mind, I just realised this is for the Capra Demon, I thought it was related to some kind of irreversible choice.
>>
>>340398986
Capra demon boss fight...he is easy but he have two dogs that help hin wombo combo you to death easy
>>
File: 1401829320270.jpg (284 KB, 746x800) Image search: [Google]
1401829320270.jpg
284 KB, 746x800
>>340395402
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.