[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to get a mechanical keyboard for vidya as my last ke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Red[1].gif (109 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Red[1].gif
109 KB, 200x200
Looking to get a mechanical keyboard for vidya as my last keyboard finally shit out on me, and now I'm stuck with an HP keyboard I had in a box somewhere..

Was looking into this guy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZUPOMDQ/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER , any of you guys have recommendations/already have this keyboard? trying to stay under $100 with red cherry switches
>>
File: kuwabara.gif (436 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
kuwabara.gif
436 KB, 500x370
bump
>>
File: segata.gif (999 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
segata.gif
999 KB, 480x360
one last attempt before I just gopher it
>>
>linear switches
>gaymer LEDs
Disgusting. Just get clears for maximum comfy when typing.
>>
>>340390717
I'm not gonna use the lights, and I have similar switches in my Neo Geo MVS.. do you have cons to cherry (red) switches?

It's just the price is right, if you can find something lower with 10-key be my guest.
>>
>>340389374
I have a Razer Black Widow with clicky keys. I like the feedback and sense of weight when typing but to be honest I wish I'd got a non-clicky one. The sound can get annoying. Typing on a mechanical keyboard that doesn't have that extra click though, it's very relaxing.
>>
Get blues or browns for that delicious clickity clack and tactile sensation.
>>
>not ducky

lmao
>>
Keyboards have a strong placebo effect but otherwise make no difference. You're gonna be better off saving that money for a crazy mouse for something else
>>
File: 1464845808413.jpg (30 KB, 359x251) Image search: [Google]
1464845808413.jpg
30 KB, 359x251
>>340393582
I've got one of those cheaper Duckys without all the LEDs and I love it.
>>
Corsair is notorious for having LEDs go out within a year. I also owned the rainbow one briefly, and while incredibley fun, the driver software was incredibley fucky and would stop responding and make my system hang for a second when it redeteced. Returned that shit and got a Ducky instead.

Also Brown = Blue > Black >>> RED
>>
>>340389374
If you want a cheap, good board and don't mind (good) clone switches and no LEDs, get a Magicforce. Really nice case, removable cable, and it comes with outemu black switches (stiffer version of red, actually better than original red).
I have a board with outemu blue switches and they're really nice, like a very slightly heavier version of the original MX blues.
And razer uses trash clone switches with cheap plastic, never buy a razer board.
>>
>>340393750
Mice have a strong placebo effect but otherwise make no difference. You're gonna be better off saving that money for a keyboard
>>
>>340389374
buy browns or blues, red/black is same as membrane just harder, only retards buy them.
ive got cm storm xt with browns and im happy.
>>
>>340393750
There is an effect, but it's not really noticeable unless you have a shitty keyboard for comparison. Just got a Ducky One after my old "gaming" keyboard crapped out and it's really nice, but I could have gone with another cheap 30$ keyboard and done just fine for most games. The best I can say is that now keypresses have the same responsiveness as controller buttons.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.