[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this actually any good? I know NSLU is essentially to NSMBU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
So is this actually any good?
I know NSLU is essentially to NSMBU what The Lost Levels was to SMB but what about just the normal New Super Mario Bros U?
I've heard some stuff about it being a big return to form and not as mindless as previous NSMB games but I'm looking for some additional input.

Also, what is your favourite Mario platformer?
64 would have to be my favourite.
>>
It's the best of the NSMB games and that is all you need to know.
>>
NSMBU is the best one by far
>>
If you played NSMB Wii then you already know what to expect. It's nothing exciting but it's a good game.
>>
It's in the same ballpark as SMB3 and World. Took them four NSMB games to get there, but better late than never.

Favorite Mario platformer is World, but my favorite platformer in general is Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>340385487
I liked it more than NSMBW and a lot more than NSMB2.
The special world is a bit disappointing, but everything else is great. There also a nice challenge mode.
NSLU is nowhere near as difficult as Lost Levels except maybe one or two stages, but it's still good and more challenging than NSMBU. The stages are more designed around having a short time limit though.
>>
Well that's good to hear.
I ordered the Nintendo Selects copy this morning.
I know the NSMB are "fun" when playing co-op but having what I've heard before reaffirmed by others is reassuring that I'll have a good single-player experience as well.
>>
>>340387004
>reassuring that I'll have a good single-player experience as well.

you will, the only problem with U is that people got burnt out on the series by the time it came out.
>>
>>340387267
Releasing four months after NSMB2 was retarded.
>>
>>340385487
It was pretty decent actually.
>>340387004
I did play it fully in co-op so maybe I'm slightly biased. But I think I would've enjoyed it just as much playing it by myself.
>>
NSMBU is not innovative in the slightest but it is fantastic. The levels felt very organic, shifting walls, collapsing ruins etc. Shit that couldn't be made in Mario Maker

My issue with co-op though is player collision which turns it into a bodyslamming murder contest unintentionally. If players could stack on each other I think coop would have been balls deep fun.
>>
>>340387506
NSMB2 shouldnt have existed period.
>>
64 had terrible camera controls so I'd have to go with the 2d scroll ones and they are all exactly the same

I rate Mario a strong 3/10
>>
>Don't have New Super Mario Bros. U or New Super Luigi U
>If I get them now, they're going to have that stupid Nintendo Selects box
>If I get Tropical Dong or Pikmin 3 now, it'll be the same for them
>My 3D World has that stupid "Family Game" thing on it
>I'm Canadian so my 3DS games have a "French available" logo on the cover art
Why can't I just get my pure box art? Am I going to have to start importing games from Japan as soon as they're available?
It's probably for the best if we're talking about Zelda.
>>
Test
>>
I loved NSMB2. All them motherfucking coins.
>>
File: 1444075150255.jpg (8 KB, 193x225) Image search: [Google]
1444075150255.jpg
8 KB, 193x225
>Europe only

So other regions are still expected to pay $50 for the game?
>>
>>340392202
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>340392202
Hey, NA got their own Nintendo Selects line.
>Tropical Freeze
>NES Remix
>Pikmin 3
>SM3DW
That's a lot fucking better than Wii Party U and Lego City Undercover.
>>
>>340392272
Europe and NA got different Nintendo select options because Nintendy for some reason still region locks

>>340392303
But why couldn't they let both regions have them? I own all of those so I don't benefit from it, but I was hoping for a price drop on NSMBU
>>
>>340392431
Because Nintendo is arrogant.
Simple as that.
>>
>>340392202
>>340392431
Dude just pirate it if you're that ticked off about it.
>>
>>340385487
Luigi u is not like a "lost levels" it's the same levels remixed into shorter formats, with shorter time limits. Also Luigi physics which are shit.

Nmsbu is really good though
>>
Not the best, but another solid Nintendo offering.

Luigi is a much smaller game. I got both in my Wii bundle, but I don't know of Luigi would be worth a purchase on its own.
>>
>>340385487
Oh neat they put Weegee U on the disc for the players choice edition.
>>
>>340392202
>>340392303
NoA is seriously one of the worst companies in videogame business. Not as bad as msony but still.
>>
I haven't beaten NSLU yet, to me it's not at all like the Lost Levels. You control Luigi which is insufferable and all levels are 100 seconds long. So to me you're always just feeling a sense of haste that isn't pleasant. Also the music is unbearable due to speed-up even more than usual.
I like NSMBU though, along with NSMBDS they're great, not all levels are memorable though but I enjoyed it enough for a pirate.
>>
>>340394986
Also, it's actually good unlike 3D World. That is, if you're an adult and know good games require good controls. They're still NSMB controls. But it's not the devolution that 3D World brought.
>>
>>340385487
NSMBU is a very good game. I've played it with a friend on his Wii U, before I got my own system. I haven't played NSLBU though. I'll get it down the line, the next time a brig retailer has a "buy 2, get 3" deal. ~50€ for three first party Wii U games is a really good deal.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.