[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this turn out? I haven't gotten it yet since I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bravelysecondendlayer.jpg (27 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
bravelysecondendlayer.jpg
27 KB, 854x480
How did this turn out? I haven't gotten it yet since I am too much of a lazy faggot to have finished the first one yet so I am waiting until I get off my ass and finish it

inb4 censorship fags complain about the lack of superdeformed titties getting covered up
>>
I hear the plot's buttfuck retarded but the gameplay is improved.

I wouldn't play it til I finished the first and I'm not finishing the first because I don't gave the patience for groundhog day.
>>
I'm on chapter 3 right now, if you've liked the first half of Default you should like this too. It's really similar gameplay-wise which means it's pretty good. As for plot, it definitely takes after the less serious kind of writing Default had in the last few world loops and it's considerably more anime-ish, so you may not like that. The idea of letting you pick and choose between two asterisks in every sidequest preventing you from getting the other in the first half of the game is also nice, lets you further customize your gameplay experience.
>>
>>340381568
Id say it is the better game of the two, if not for the fact square went full jew and gave the game a lower budget than the first. It's why so many assets are recycled.
>>
>>340382514
I'll play devil's advocate here and say that the fact that almost every town and dungeon from the previous game is still present (though often barely changed up) on top of the new towns and dungeons makes for a game with a lot more overall content than Default where you're always going somewhere different at every step of the way. Yeah, it would've been better if half of that weren't places you had already traversed in Default, but on its own it's not bad, especially if you haven't played Default in a while or at all.
>>
>>340382836
Oh yeah it does feel like the definite bravely game, i just wish square treated the series with a bit more respect considering how well the first game did. Hoping for a 3rd game
>>
>>340383789
Same, and that one should take place in a new setting with an entirely new cast, or at least bring back just one character from the previous party members. I love Tiz and Edea as much as anyone, but I feel their spots on the party should've belonged to Janne and Nikolai instead. They could've been recurring characters helping you out.
>>
>>340381416
Just finished it about 2 days ago, definitely the better game of the two due to it not having the tedious as fuck loops Default did. Also looks like it sets up a third game so I'm hoping we finally get a new cast of characters to play as. If they do decide to include one of the prior party members it'd better be Ringabel because he brought a lot of charm to Default and I'm sure he would do so again.
>>
>>340381416
There's a hot springs episode.

Any more questions?
>>
>>340384734
Since I'm midway through it, do they properly explain exactly how the transition between Default and Second works? Do they go back to their original world at the end of Default and have one more unseen journey to purify the crystals where everything goes exactly like the first four chapters but without the asterisk holders dying, which is why they're alive in Second? I can't explain this discrepancy otherwise.
>>
>>340384917
You're for the most part right on the money, but even so you'll be in for a wild ride in other departments of the story.
>>
>>340385250
Okay, thanks.
>>
It's garbage. I really hope you like gravy and Ba'al busting, because any given exchange mentions one of the two.

It fails on every level compared to the first. It even fucks up the fun of breaking the game with combos like Reraise Group-Cast All, by balancing everything out very well. I know they sounds like a good thing, but in practice it just forces you to pay the game straight in regular JRPG fashion. There's no interesting combos because they're balanced out in favor of regular stat buffs, and traditional party composition.

The plot is awful. I don't even want to waste my time explaining the nuances of why.

But where it really fails is pacing and dialogue. It's a bunch of shitty in-jokes, every time anything happens you get the same dialogue rehashed and repeated 3 times (as it happens, right after it happens, and again when you get where it leads you).

Bad game, huge disappointment.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.