[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a more bullshit boss fight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19
File: 1465272370410.png (478 KB, 654x727) Image search: [Google]
1465272370410.png
478 KB, 654x727
Name a more bullshit boss fight.
>>
File: igniz-hugeball.gif (362 KB, 595x300) Image search: [Google]
igniz-hugeball.gif
362 KB, 595x300
>>
>>340377914
His bat attack kept instakilling me before I learned the timing to dodge it, but other than that he was piss easy.
>>
>>340377914
>its a stupid mmo style phased fight in a single player rpg that subscribes to vampires are x-men with super powers lore

he wasn't hard by any means, but it was a silly fight that i laughed at because it was so dumb especially to have in a witcher game. i guess the bat swarm can be bulshitty if you dont time your dodges and rolls right.
>>
>>340377914
He's piss fucking easy, his attacks are super fucking telegraphed and easy to dodge, the bat attack thing is a joke too you just do the long dodge before it hits you and the 3rd phase you can even ignore the fucker using quen and just attack those balls
>>
File: marburg.png (1 MB, 854x440) Image search: [Google]
marburg.png
1 MB, 854x440
I ran into this guy while using a heavily focused shotgun build. I spent most of my ammo for my other gun clearing out the guys he summons and when he goes into rage mode his melee attacks are crazy strong and fast. It took me almost 2 hours before I finally beat him through phosphorus rounds and getting lucky trying to slow him down on the terrain.
>>
>>340378531
Huh, barely remember this boss fight but the one thing I remember about the game is that it was complete bullshit how the only way to kill him was to not only let that other girl die but also having negative relationship points with him or some shit, it's just stupid
>>
He was pathetically easy except for that damn bat swarm. Couldn't figure out the timing for it at all. I had a harder time with the toad prince because he wouldn't stop jumping.

>>340378483
There wasn't anything wrong with the way his fight went. Vampires are not used to having to use their full power against anything. He expected to kill you before he took on his true form.

The fan fiction tier shit was Geralt being able to kill a higher vampire of dettlaff's caliber in the first place.
>>
File: I'm a faggot.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
I'm a faggot.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>
>>340378837
The fuck are you on about? I don't really get why / how the game's even making such a big deal about vampires now of all places, like saying they're on the level of gods or some shit like really? Just use some silver and fuck them up I mean you can kill High Vampires in the base game no problem and they weren't even hyped up or anything
>>
>>340378531
You fight him in the museum right?

I had much more trouble with that russian junkie.

If I hadn't spiked his coke on a whim beforehand, I don't know if I could've beaten him
>>
>>340378759
It's just unfortunate I couldn't fight him at longer range because he runs faster than you and his melee does crazy damage.
But do you really need negative relationship? That sucks so much because it would've been cool if we kind of got along but he had to die because he's fighting for the wrong "side". Also I'm pretty mad about intending to kill him for the sick perk and missing out on whatever that was. I killed that girl too, for the cool showdown, what a waste.
>>
File: 20160608015339_1.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160608015339_1.jpg
457 KB, 1920x1080
>beat his ass in his Freddy Krueger Nosferatu form
>Suddenly Castlevania

What in the fuck was this all about?
>>
>>340378837
>their full power

that's the stupid part. too many games hand wave this shit with "its because he's old" to explain away vampires being x-men that can turn into whatever the fuck they want, its makes no sense and its stupid especially the part about only a higher vampire can """""truly""""" kill another one, give me a break.
>>
>>340379237
remember, all the monsters in the Witcher universe are canonically from other dimensions. Vampires in their truest form are literally ayy lmaos.
>>
>>340379148
Yeah, the museum fight.
I didn't have so much trouble with the chav guy, but he had a really cool fight that felt like it was right out of Saints Row or something.
>>
>>340378837
> Geralt being able to kill a higher vampire of dettlaff's caliber in the first place

He didn't kill Detlaff you fucking retard. Geralt just incapacitated him while Detlaff killed him.

> I mean you can kill High Vampires in the base game no problem and they weren't even hyped up or anything

That was a mistake and went against the lore. They're canonically supposed to be as powerful as they are in Blood and Wine.
>>
>>340377914
MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR MASTER MIRROR
>>
>>340379359
>its makes no sense and its stupid especially the part about only a higher vampire can """""truly""""" kill another one, give me a break.

this, I mean what the fuck is that even all about anyways? couldn't geralt just chop him up into little pieces or something? or what if you chop someone in 10000 pieces and place a few under and really huge rock or dump them in lava or something? can the dust start healing from nothing? that's just incredibly dumb to me, also what did the other dude do that was so special? he just seemed to suck dettlaff's neck off I mean couldn't geralt use some acid or some shit on the fucker to corrode him into nothingess?
>>
>>340379767
While Regis killed him*
>>
>>340377914
can you win the first fight with him?
>>
>>340379767
>That was a mistake and went against the lore. They're canonically supposed to be as powerful as they are in Blood and Wine.

Too late now though. Vampires will always be seen as piss easy because of the base game.
>>
File: 1456565845678.jpg (144 KB, 972x454) Image search: [Google]
1456565845678.jpg
144 KB, 972x454
>>340378328
>bat attack
It honestly reminded me of Destiny when you had to fight Oryx in the raid. If you fuck it up, it will grow silent for a moment then he'll slam his fists together and poof, you're all dead. I applied the same thing to this fight. Just before the bats swarm you it will grow silent momentarily then you roll away.

If you're good enough you should only have to do it once.
>>
>>340379895
no anon you see vampires like him can be melted down t-1000 style but the drops of blood will find each other like the end of iron giant and he will just regenerate. you can't REALLY kill him :^)
>>
Louse Queen from Blackguards.
>>
>>340379447
Am I really the only one who finds it completely retarded that humans have only been in the Witcher world for less than 2000 years?
>>
>>340380143
Except they just don't regenerate on their own all the time. Regis was lucky enough that Dettlaff found him after Vilgefortz killed him.
>>
>>340380156
i always try to finish that game but get stuck on that mission in the early stages where you need to save the bitch in 5 turns or something
>>
>Not playing on easy

Witcher 3 combat is fucking shit. Anyone who plays this game for the combat is a mongoloid nigger.
>>
>>340380174
Humans were high tech when they came to the Witcher world too. They came on "Iron Ships" but then monsters killed so many of them that they entered a dark age.
>>
that second stage had me FUCKED UP.
>>
>>340380427
This. The game became exponentially more enjoyable when I put it on easy. The combat is garbage and a waste of time.
>>
>>340380345

Regis specifically said that he would have regenerated even if Dettlaf didn't restore him, it would just have taken a ridiculously long time. Dettlaf just sped it up tremendously by giving him his blood so rather than say... hundreds of years, it took him only a decade or so to have a real body again.
>>
>>340380427
>playing anything on easy for any reason
Filthy fucking casual. Keep rationalizing, scum.
>>
>>340380427
The story is boring as fuck though. Hearts of stone and bloody barren where the only good points of the story.
>>
>>340380795
Hearts of Stone was legitimately one of the best stories ever told through video games.

It's a shame B&W started outnpretty cool and them just devolved into EVIL LONG LOST SISTER
>>
>>340380953
>Hearts of Stone was legitimately one of the best stories ever told through video games.

It was cool but I wouldn't go that far desu. The voice acting was top notch for it though. Von Everec's was solid.
>>
>>340381424
I certainly would. Olgierd was one of the most fleshed out and interesting characters we've had in decades.
>>
>>340381424
Yeah the mirror man and the whole thing where you reenact the shit in the house was great
>>
Detlaff is honestly one of the worst boss fights in recent memory.
Literally a 1 hit kill garbage damage sponge
>>
File: 1458093701266.gif (831 KB, 300x221) Image search: [Google]
1458093701266.gif
831 KB, 300x221
>>340381779
>not switching to easy after the second death

ENOUGH
>>
>>340381913
I never play on easy but this is a fucking chore at this point, this doesn't even feel like a fight and just repeating the same actions over and over while the game decides at random it's time for me to die
>>
>>340381632
>I certainly would.

You should really play some more story driven games anon. There's a lot out there that /v/ will tell you is shit or 'not a game'.
>>
>>340381779
>>340381913
>can't skip his transformation cutscenes
That alone made me stop caring and cheese it on easy with Quen.
>>
>>340382023
I don't listen to meme hiveminds. If i did I wouldn't have been playing W3 to begin with.

I'd unironically love to have you recommend me some character driven stories on par with Olgried and O'Dimm.
>>
>>340382035
Oh my god have you played quantum break? The final boss has multiple one hit kills and every time you restart you have to watch a fucking minute long cutscene that you can't skip Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1452715162021.jpg (66 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
1452715162021.jpg
66 KB, 300x287
>" Ok everyone let's begin planning for Blood and Wine. For this final DLC let's take Geralt to a beautiful idyllic land of chivalric romance like out of Arthurian myth, with noble knights and lovely damsels, vibrant colors and even a small land of fairy tales turned on their head! We should even imply Geralt will retire here at some point!"
>"Cool, what should the main antagonist be? We need something appropria-"
>"Vampires"
>>
>>340382164
GTA IV

Not even meming.
>>
File: Beast Eye.webm (3 MB, 422x318) Image search: [Google]
Beast Eye.webm
3 MB, 422x318
>>
>>340381779
>1 hit kill

I was playing on fucking death march and using grandmaster feline gear which is shit defense, just switched the torso piece to grandmaster ursine and use the quen shield and I was able to tank the bat attack, add white raffard potions to that and there's nothing to worry about

or you could take the even easier route and just fucking dodge it, it's not that hard you fucking scrub
>>
File: frogprince.jpg (79 KB, 565x316) Image search: [Google]
frogprince.jpg
79 KB, 565x316
>Hit twice
>Jumps up and slams ground
>Lose half my health
>>
>>340382275
They just wanted to shoehorn Regis in since he is one of the few major book characters yet to appear in the games and has a lot of fans. Bringing him back like that was a fan-fiction tier contradiction of book lore though.
>>
>>340382353
Kek I remember this bullshit. What the fuck were they thinking. Isn't that like the first enemy you see too?
>>
>>340382353
Hit detection on his tongue whip attack ruined that fight for me. Terrible.
>>
you know reading threads like this I always wonder if I'm the only person who uses quen all the fucking time, I mean seriously the game's easy as fuck even on death march, I dunno what people are on about
>>
>>340382353
>>340382473
>>340382504
Worst way to start a witcher dlc. Fucking hacks at cdpr I swear.
>>
File: first-dracula2.gif (11 KB, 336x256) Image search: [Google]
first-dracula2.gif
11 KB, 336x256
seriously where did it come from that vampires transform from humanoid to huge hulking demonic beasts when they get hurt enough? where was that line in Bram Stoker's Dracula?
>>
>>340382632
The guy in charge of combat might have the brain of a monkey
>>
File: battman.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
battman.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
Still haven't finished Bitter because of the absurd amount of bullshit in the second and third phases of his second form.
>>
>>340382592
Everyone who played Witcher 2 uses Quen all the time.
>>
This cunt.
>>
>>340382592
Quen is the best sign. There's only a few small times where you need to switch. Otherwise you keep it on and spam it at all times.

The vampires attacks just go through you quen and still do shit tons of damage.
>>
>>340377914
>blood and broken bones
>bat attack instakills
>learn the timing on it and to get far away
>easy, get to third phase
>holy fuck this is tedious
>this faggot won't leave me alone while I smash his sacks

The only bullshit part was that third phase.
It was annoying have to dodge, get two hits on a sack and then dodge, run and then repeat.
>>
>>340382995
Nigga, just use Whirl on the sacks and he cant attack you. I beat the third phase in under a minute.
>>
>>340380174

It is heavily implied that the humans from the witcher world are polacks from a cyberpunk (cyberpunk 2077) dystopian future, they're said to come in "iron ships", but eventually their numbers died out and they lost most of their technology so they had to start again. Think of it like the ending of battlestar galactica.
>>
>>340379135
For the last fucking time

There are no higher fucking vampires in the god damn shitting base fucking game you fucking pisspot shitass fucking god fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck you fuck.

I'm sick of having to say this every fucking day.

There is a fucking difference.
>>
>>340383110
Don't think I had whirl unlocked on that build.
Even then, enemies still damage you when using whirl, especially ones that leap like him.
And on blood and broken bones, like two hits from him is death.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>340383149
:^)
>>
>>340382592
shit i use all the signs, they're all so retardedly op but also kinda fun. i only quen for bosses, otherwise you can destroy the game with everything else

>uh oh a group of bandits
>igni, whirl them all into dog food while they're screaming from being burned to death
>or 360 aard slam and one hit them with the ground stab while they're knocked down
>or axii stun them one by one, you automatically trigger finishers which have iframes so you can't die
>or yrden circle, everyone moves like molasses, whirl them all into dogfood
>>
>>340383149
>There are no higher fucking vampires in the god damn shitting base fucking game you fucking pisspot shitass fucking god fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck you fuck.

Oh really? I beg to fucking differ you fucking faggot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fcWsCP6xxs

Also why does the bestiary entry for this fucker says higehr fucking vampire then huh? I bet you just played the main quests on the base game too you little bitch
>>
>>340383285
Was on blood and broken bones as well, the Whirl held him back and he couldn't damage me.
>>
>>340382750
I guess that explains it then
>>
>>340383375
That guy was just a Katakan

>>340383298
This was the base games only Higher Vampire.

and he was weak as fuck and a waste of that monster
>>
>>340383403
Fuck, should have kept my previous build instead of investing in signs.
>>
>>340383149
>i didn't play base game ;)

Check the bestially entry you fucking moron.
>>
>>340383498
>That guy was just a Katakan

you literally can't read huh? literally below the youtube link I say

>Also why does the bestiary entry for this fucker says higehr fucking vampire then huh? ~

fuck off m8
>>
>>340377914
capra demon,
the old dude from DMC4(that one with teleportation, regenerating shield and an insta-kill attack when you are about to kill him)
>>
>>340383616
>you literally can't read huh
Speak yourself, I point out the games only higher vampire in my post retard.
>>
>>340383498
>and he was weak as fuck and a waste of that monster

He was still a higher vampire. Vampires are nothing in the witcher world. Just the ones in B&W were made stronger because of lol regis fanboys.
>>
>>340382703
That's the natural progression of monsters, to turn uglier and more intimidating to signify great power. Hell it didn't even take long with Dracula when Nosferatu popped up not long after.
>>
>>340377914
>still has nightmares about the unavoidable bat move he has
>>
File: 1445891276566.png (591 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1445891276566.png
591 KB, 500x750
>>340383808
Both Dracula and Nosferatu are just very ugly, they didn't transform into 10 foot tall musclebound demons shitting fire and bats out of their ass until video games did it
>>
>>340383375
>>340383616
He is a Katakan.
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Higher_Vampire

>Many experts include alps, mulas, katakans, bruxae, and nekurats as members of this group. Despite all these abilities, however, they are not true higher vampires.

Genuine higher vampires are a separate, extremely powerful breed, commanding great powers are sometimes unique to particular specimens. They are masters of the art of camouflage and in most cases appear nearly identical to humans. Only their their teeth, and the fact that they cast no shadows and have no reflections in mirrors, can reveal their true nature. They are invulnerable to sunlight, fire, and silver, and have unbelievable regenerative powers which allow them to return to life even after beheading, dismemberment, or incineration- though in such cases the process may take many decades.
>>
>>340383676
>I point out the games only higher vampire in my post retard.

says this while he literally replied to 2 different posts showing 2 different higher vampires

top lel
>>
>>340383846
It isn't unavoidable.
Run as far as you can from him, he takes a bit to charge it up and then right when you see him throw them, roll to the side.
>>
>>340384039
Your precious youtube video is wrong you dumb faggot, but maybe if you played games instead of watching them you would know that you stupid cunt. When you kill the vamp in the coffin the Novigrad sewers, it adds the Katakan bestiary entry into the game. It is never stated that he is a higher vampire.

Meanwhile, the one at the end of Dandelions quest flat out states that he is a Higher Vampire. You probably didn't get that far in the quest though, because apparently you are some kind of child-like retard who cant read. I bet you just killed the wrong guy and never caught the real killer you stupid dumb asshole.
>>
>>340382282
>has a weakness
>in a press Turn system game
>>
>>340380409

Put Dwarf into tank mode, give him potions and rush the bitch, the timer goes off when you pass the second bridge. There is some trial and error involved due to traps though.

Hold the line with main character and and use mage to fireball boxes and try force people into burning debris.
>>
File: geralt smiling.jpg (110 KB, 915x493) Image search: [Google]
geralt smiling.jpg
110 KB, 915x493
Okay, fuck me

Is Grandmaster Wolven just shit or is it just the bonuses?

I mean, 3 oils thing is just slightly convinent and what about this bomb thing? Is it even working?
>>
plesioth
>>
>>340377914
>Dettlaff
>bullshit

How? He was pretty easy.
I had more trouble fighting those invisible female vampires cuz they staggers me into combos all the time.
>>
>>340378837
Geral killed Vilgefortz who had previously neutralized Regis without effort.
>>
>>340385752
>3 oils thing is just slightly convinent

its actually the opposite. since you can't remove oils until you use up the charges you can get 'stuck' with 3 oils applied you don't need while fighting.
>>
>>340386410
geralt is batman

he can beat people who exceed his powerlevel
>>
File: 1424649812138.png (512 KB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
1424649812138.png
512 KB, 1050x1500
>>340385756
Ha! you fucking kidding me? Real biggest nigger in the MH series coming through.
>People actually like Agnak
This is a real enigma to me.
>>
>>340378328
You can just start sprinting to the side once he starts the animation, works every time, unless you run into a wall. Had problems with it too.
You can also hit him while he is using the mist to close the distance to you, and that stuns him so you can finish the first phase in about 2 seconds.
Why the fuck was there no save after the dialogue?
>>
>>340386050
Protip:
Black Blood potion and Yrden fuck those faggots over.
>>
Any of the Grandmaster sets worth crafting right now? I've been wearing Viper since Hearts of Stone, and as good as it is, I want something different. Set bonus for Griffin seems kinda cool, doesn't seem like much of an improvement over what i have though. Sucks that I have to choose between 6 set bonus or Aerondight. Unless someones made a mod for that yet.
>>
>>340386913
I never had problems with agnaktor, only in higher ranks when they're super fast are they annoying. The ice one can fuck right off though, one of the worst designs in the series imo
>>
>>340387461
i use manticore chest for looks and 5 pieces of cat because the 3set bonus is fucking great
>>
>>340387461
use whatever looks cool to you. none of the bonuses are particularly great and once you aerondight you will wreck the fuck out of everything anyways. just use whatever you like.
>>
>>340379148
TURN UP THE RADIO
>>
>>340382753
it was easy as fuck
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.