[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what attracts you to play certain games? Is it just hype or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: LIsUGCbU.jpg (12 KB, 274x274) Image search: [Google]
LIsUGCbU.jpg
12 KB, 274x274
So what attracts you to play certain games? Is it just hype or word of mouth?
>>
File: MUDs.jpg (299 KB, 1204x1089) Image search: [Google]
MUDs.jpg
299 KB, 1204x1089
>>340360456
it's mostly autism
>>
>>340360546
well what makes you excited to play them?
>>
File: skzhxo.png (135 KB, 658x837) Image search: [Google]
skzhxo.png
135 KB, 658x837
>>340360623
reading the manual
>>
File: Sketch2493428-1.png (244 KB, 386x1182) Image search: [Google]
Sketch2493428-1.png
244 KB, 386x1182
>>340360456
>Cool mechanics and a feel that I can make something of my own
>Community (mostly vg)
>Something different
>>
>>340360456
Im to cynical about games to buy into hype any more. If its of a genre I like and looks good I will wait for the word of mouth after it comes out.
>>
>>340360456
I usually only bother looking forward to games from developers who've made games I enjoyed in the past or games that have a really enticing concept or something to hook me in. I don't buy into hype at all. Anytime people around me start hyping up a game, I tend to start looking harder for its flaws or flaws with the developer. You can't hide track history of bullshit and bad business practices. You can generally tell how far on either side of the line they fall on making a good game and making a game that will sell.
>>
>>340362167
Also I never buy games on release, I wait a year or so for the launch to pass. The crowd that jumps from overhyped garbage heap to overhyped garbage heap are as terrible and unpleasant as the games they play.
>>
Gameplay videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYJCvndngPQ

>tfw gigantic is no longer a W10 exclusive
>>
>>340360456
I play WoW because Blizzard owns it
I play Diablo 3 because Blizzard owns it
I play Hearthstone because Blizzard owns it
I play Starcraft 2 because Blizzard owns it
I play HOTS because Blizzard owns it
and I play Overwatch because Blizzard owns it
>>
I like third person combat, and dressing my barbie doll so I gravitate towards mmo's

Mostly wow....fucking transmog
>>
Same way I choose anything to spend time on, I do about 10 minutes of research, try it out, then drop it if it's shit.

Source: Souls games. They're shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.