[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that it's been nearly a year, what went so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: MGSV-Release-Date-Art.jpg (81 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-Release-Date-Art.jpg
81 KB, 1024x576
Now that it's been nearly a year, what went so wrong?
>>
The rest of the game was never released.
>>
>>340356928
The game was made to be bad on purpose
Literally who does this
It's not even about parity or exclusive DLC
Everybody gets shit
>>
Kojima's open world fuckery.
Konami's general fuckery.
>>
>>340356990
Pretty much what he said.
It's a shame too cuz I do enjoy playing the game, it's just that I don't know what else to do anymore now that I've beaten the story. MGO is infuriating, so no thank you.
>>
>Boring, empty open world
>No plot
>Shitty characters
>It's a Metal Gear game

Now go play Splinter Cell instead
>>
File: 1444500664828.jpg (94 KB, 1000x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444500664828.jpg
94 KB, 1000x1024
There really isn't much else to talk about. It's an unfinished product.
>>
Spent too much money on getting licensed music
>>
kojima kept adding features and innovation and forgot to release the game. He litereally would have kept adding shit until his last breath if konami hadn't stopped him.
>>
/v/ and neogaf whipped themselves up into a frenzy for something that was never promised and never existed
>>
>>340356928
Making Peace Walker 2 and calling it MGSV
Just like PW, MGSV is decent in small doses, but i dont want that kind of a game on anything but handheld.
>>
File: 1447977141000.jpg (49 KB, 274x411) Image search: [Google]
1447977141000.jpg
49 KB, 274x411
Stupid shitty weak story
Really, what the fuck do you expect from a fuckig MGS? Gameplay? No, story, all we wanted was a memorable, violent edgy story.
>>
>>340357579
>give it back! this isn't right. that was ours
>>
>>340356928
failure to live up to the hype set by the outstanding trailers, trailers that teased things that simply didn't happen at all in the game
>>
>>340356928
never lived up to IM NUUUUUCLEAARRRRRRRRR
>>
Never forget the great times we had march 2014- march 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ngjDr-Ad7s
>>
>>340356990
>>340357148

Unfinished game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk
>>
Fell for the open world meme
>>
Zero emotional connection with the characters in such a story-driven game. The only moment that stirred an emotional reaction out of me was when you're forced to kill your grunts.
>>
>Boring world
>No story
>False advertising
>>
Kojima's ego and ambition clashing with Konami's Japanese business practices.
>>
>>340357332
>Me and my boss's son.
>>
It may be because I still haven't finished it, but I thought the first chapter was really good. I felt really tense when I was riding with skull face, and I really enjoyed the boss fight with sahelanthropus. Maybe it helps that I wasn't over hyped for the game or anything.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.