[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Megaman fans such entitled little shits? There are over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: MM10-MegaMan.png (238 KB, 782x814) Image search: [Google]
MM10-MegaMan.png
238 KB, 782x814
Why are Megaman fans such entitled little shits?

There are over 60 games in this series, most beloved franchises don't make it past 3 or 4.
>>
>>340353264
I don't understand why you're so angry, Anon.
>>
There are fans of the various installments.

>megaman Legends is a rehash of Megaman X- OP

Oh, okay. You never played them.
>>
Because most of the series' derivatives all ended on cliffhangers and as well as projects getting canned.
>>
>>340353264
I like almost all of them. Classic and X series are my favorites, but Zero, Legends and ZX were also great. I didn't like EXE and Star Force though.
>>
>>340353495
Who are you quoting?
>>
Because autism.
>>
Some of them ended with cliffhangers. Some of them had their quality shoot into the toilet and never recovered. Some of them started out in the toilet and got cancelled right as they got good. I want more Mega Man, but I could frankly do without another Classic, Battle Network, or Zero game. X seems the easiest to modernize and I'd like to see them prove they can make a good X game again. Do the elf wars or something, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>340353264
Mega Man is less of a series and more of a brand at this point. There's so many sub-series with radically different gameplay under its umbrella that saying they should be pleased because one of them still exists is equivalent to telling Paper Mario fans to get over themselves because the Mario Kart series is doing fine.

Classic, X, Zero, Legends and Battle Network all have pretty distinct fanbases, even if they overlap. I fucking love Classic but Mega Man 11 isn't going to scratch my itch for a new game starring the Bonne family.
>>
>>340353264
Legends 3 got canned. While I do feel bad for them in that aspect, Inafune shouldn't have left before it got far enough into development like he did.

He pretty much attempted to pull a Dead Rising but backed out before it could go anywhere.
>>
Because the last thing to happen to their franchise was the cancellation of all in-development games including the one last game needed for story closure on the series that had been desired for over ten years prior to cancellation, and now you have the guy who kept installments being made for the last ten~fifteen years before its silence period and who many incorrectly believed to be the creator completely and totally fuck up with his own company's spiritual successor

If it had just ended quietly on Star Force 3 and Mega Man 10, or Inafune wasn't a total shit and stuck around long enough to make sure Capcom got Legends 3 done then left the series with that, it probably wouldn't be nearly as bad
>>
File: yooka laylee logo.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yooka laylee logo.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
Why are 3D platformer fans such entitled little shits?

There are over 60 games in this genre.
>>
>>340353264
Maybe because some people consider Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman ZX and Megaman Legends to be separate series.

Personally, I think Megaman needs a good conclusion. And about four or five more games to segue into Megaman X.
>>
I don't know OP. I see all these fucks whining about how "dead" Mega Man is, and all I can think about is how saturated with fucking Mega Man the market was several years ago.

There were over 30 MM games released between 2000 and 2008. Jesus fuck. The little faggot was everywhere.

He needed a break. I'm still sick of him.
>>
Because only like ten of the over 100 games are good.
>>
Meanwhile Darkstalkers has a whole whopping 3 games, all released in the mid-90s. Then just a few years ago Capcom pulled a dick move towards its fans that was only one step below the MML3 fiasco. But somehow its fanbase manages to be not totally insufferable.
>>
I agree OP MegaMan fans are retarded children. When you take away a toy that a child isn't playing with they start crying just because you took it. Not because they want it.
Every review of every MegaMan game throughout the 00s would joke about how many MM games there are and how they were sick of them. It was a running joke how many MM games there were for years.
>>
>>340353264
because the only thing they'll make with him now is shitty remakes. he has released a lot of games in the past yes but now it's slowed down to a crawl in terms of original content
>>
>>340353264
Because they're literal babies spoiled to the point where weaning is impossible.
>>
Because the games are fairly short
not that you'd understand since you never played them.
>>
>>340359505
Exactly. Megaman shat out shit so frequently even Call of Duty would have blushed. It was so bad, people WANTED Megaman to die, just so he'd stop polluting the world of video games, but Capcom wouldn't stop milking it after the teat went dry decades and decades ago.
>>
>>340359403
it manages to not be insufferable because it's infinitely smaller as a result of having three games
>>
>>340356107
Why are gamers such entitled little shits?

There are over 60 games ever made.
>>
>>340359403
The fanbase is smaller. Hell, Most of them don't even play darkstalkers. They just fap to the girls and remember them from crossovers

DSR was basically "Show us the Data that Darkstalkers won't flop and we'll sign the check for it" just like SF2HD was for SF4. Only this time it didn't work.
>>
>>340353264
it's mostly because of the way it happened.
He had a string of games that were suddenly cancelled, Inafune left and blamed Capcom, the currenlty running series ended on cliffhangers, and Bad Box Art Mega Man in Street Fighter x Tekken rubbed salt i nthe wound.

Then a year later Mega Man shows up in Smash Bros, and everyone jokes that Nintendo treats Mega Man better than his own company, and his anniversery is celebrated with an 11th hour fan game, while Street Fighter gets all sorts of crossovers for its anniversery the same year.

And let's not even et started on Comcept.
>>
>>340361594
>Only this time it didn't work.
For the same reason it didn't work for SF3, Jojo, and MvC1. Oversaturation, both of new games and of rereleases of old games. When SF2 HD came out, it was the only Capcom fighter out that gen. By the time they got to Darkstalkers, you had half a dozen versions of SF4, two versions of TvC, two versions of MvC3, SFxT, two rereleases of SF2, MvC2, SF3, Jojo, and MvC1 already out.
>>
>>340361797
Dont forget about the new animated series that looks like something you'd find in Newgrounds.
>>
>>340362487
have we seen it in motion yet or is it still just that one picture?
>>
>>340361594
>"Show us the Data that Darkstalkers won't flop and we'll sign the check for it"
Shouldn't all 3 games in the series making the top 5 best arcade sellers of their release years be enough data already?
>>
There may be 60 plus games, but most of those are straight up, honest to goodness rehashes. It was easy for Capcom to churn out these simple, short little formulaic entries because they rarely had to put a lot of effort into them, and while they were fun, they're all pretty bite-sized and straightforward as a result. Those numbers stop being quite as impressive if you're looking at things like the amount of play time, or new content in each one.
>>
The number of the good games is too small.
>>
Megaman was never good.
>>
Why are video game fans such entitled little shits?
There are over 10000 games.
>>
proto man is my waifu
>>
>>340353264
Because he's easily Capcom's best franchise, yet he's treated like garbage. Megaman games can't possibly even be that hard to make, yet they never make them or completely don't understand why people enjoy them. Megaman 9 and 10 were amazing returns to form, but then they forgot about him again. Do they really think a modern Megaman X game wouldn't sell?
>>
None of you bought 9 and 10, so you don't get to complain
>>
Nobody would care if Megaman just quietly died one day. You know, 10 came out and that was just kind of it. It would have been a fine send off.

Our issue isn't the lack of games but how Megaman has been treated since the Legends 3 thing.
>>
>>340353264
they were promised a bunch of shit and they didn't get it. Wouldn't you be pissed?
>>
>>340362969
Arcade sales from 20 years ago are meaningless now that arcades are fucking dead. Street Fighter and Marvel were able to sell millions on home consoles back in the day but Darkstalkers never did, even at the height of its popularity.
>>
>>340365205
That's like saying that Mega Man's past sales are irrelevant because the NES is dead.
>>
>>340362969
No, because times have changed since the 90s. Back then games were cheaper to make and Arcades were far more numerous than they are now worldwide.

If something was popular back in the day, that doesn't automatically mean it'll be popular if you bring it back now. Nobody wants a flop on their hands after investing millions of dollars into it and spending more than a year of development on it. Which is where the data collecting comes in and that's mainly taken from the sales of DSR instead of people saying "I'd totally buy Darkstalkers 4" because it's easy for someone to talk the talk, but walking the walk is a different story.
>>
>>340363851
>Because he's easily Capcom's best franchise

It's not. 10 sold like ass. 9 sold based on the "Return to NES style" factor and they didn't even start working on 10 until they got the sales for 9. Other than that, the games were selling like shit. Starforce didn't last long because 1 wasn't that good and 2 was fucking horrible. They straightened up with 3 but by then it was too late.

ZX took legends' spot as the worst selling Megaman series

X8 only sold 35k during its year of release.

The only reason they kept coming out was because Inafune was the only guy there pushing for it.

>>340365406
in a way they are because as time went on, the games started selling less and less. From millions, to six digits, to the low five digits in terms of sales numbers.
>>
>>340365850
When you think of Capcom, Megaman and Ryu are about the best they have for mascots. ZX and X8 were just garbage because it was another "Let's make it more anime" game that Japan is obsessed with. It's what I meant by they forgot what people liked about Megaman in the first place. 10 selling bad sucks but it wasn't a bad game all in all. If they made an X9 but didn't anime the fuck out of it, there'd be a chance it would sell well.
>>
File: rebuilding_megaman.jpg (529 KB, 800x2950) Image search: [Google]
rebuilding_megaman.jpg
529 KB, 800x2950
>>
>>340366253
not gonna happen, inafune and capcom dont know what to do with him
>>
>>340366253
10 really only bombed because everyone saw Capcom was trying to pull the same "let's make hammer out a game every year" shtick that everyone got sick of back in the 90s, and they were having none of it.

If they made a legitimate sequel that felt like a sequel, maybe it would have sold.
>>
>>340368043
>10 really only bombed because everyone saw Capcom was trying to pull the same "let's make hammer out a game every year" shtick that everyone got sick of back in the 90s, and they were having none of it.

If it was only just one game a year then that would have been fine.

It actually got to the point where you'd get 2-3 Megaman games a year.
>>
>>340366253
>ZX and X8 sold poorly because "not muh Megaman" despite being good games
>Megaman 10 gets made because Megaman 9 sold well and is surely the direction the franchise needs
>surprise, it bombed
Gee, I'm sure these mixed signals would go so well with a company trying to sell a product.
Face it, Capcom tried to both innovate and pander to the "hardcore Megaman crowd", both attempts failed either way. No matter how hard you try to rationalize it, the fact remains Megaman is not Capcom's best franchise, not by a longshot.
>>
>>340368639
I'd hardly call X8 good, and ZX was "okay" but not good either. Their attempts to innovate just really aren't necessary. They just need to try to make what MN9 was trying to be, just an updated version of Megaman but with good music and non-shit level design. That's all people really wanted.
>>
>>340365406
No, it's like saying arcade trends don't necessarily translate into console sales. If they did, then Darkstalkers games probably wouldn't have flopped on consoles while people were apparently still playing them in arcades.
>>
>>340368639
ZX was basically just Zero again with some slight, often annoying, Metroidvania style backtracking tacked on. X8 was coming off the heels of the worst game in the whole Mega Man series so it's no surprise no one was willing to give it the time of day, and it really wasn't that good to begin with.

Ultimately Mega Man was damned just because Capcom drove it into the ground and never gave it the space or attention it needed to go anywhere good.
>>
File: 1460227998844.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1460227998844.png
75 KB, 348x301
>>340353264
>There are over 60 games in this series
There are?

>Mega Man 1-7, 9 and 10
>Mega Man X1, X2 and X3

That's 12 I count anon, I dunno what else you could be referring to because I'm shit-blind.
>>
>>340369107
A fighting game is a fighting game, you play it h same way whether it's at arcades or on consoles. The fact that the ratio of arcade to console has become one-sided in recent years doesn't change anything. And I wouldn't consider a total of 500,000 console copies sold between two games to be a flop by mid 90s standards.
>>
>>340369543
Wow, look at this plebi-tier taste.
>>
File: drizz.jpg (74 KB, 1023x574) Image search: [Google]
drizz.jpg
74 KB, 1023x574
>MMX8 is good
>>
>>340359403
i picked up a nice minty darkstalkers 3 the other day at the flea market

makes me sad that we ain't getting anymore games
>>
>>340366327
is that meta knight being covered by the disclaimer text? i'm not sure what's going on.
>>340369543
the zero games were alright. if you didn't like z3, i'm not sure what to say.
>>
>>340359403
like 8 people really care about darkstalkers and one of thems a literal dog that just shitposts
>>
>>340369543
I don't get why everyone keeps shittin' on 7. That game had more care and attention put into it than the later half of the NES games combined.
>>
>>340353264
>Why are Megaman fans such entitled little shits?
>There are over 60 games in this series, most beloved franchises don't make it past 3 or 4.

Why are people such entitled little shits?

There thousands of games out there across several generations. You don't need to buy anymore games.
>>
>>340353264
Here's what i want you to do OP nad to anyone who agrees with OP.

>imagine your favorite video game series
>now imagine that no more games in that series will ever be made
>the company that makes it will go out of there way to shit on it, fans and you and will never sell the copyright

Now ask me why people are pissed at Capcom and want more MM.
>>
>>340376490
i just continue to play ninja gaiden black and 2 for the rest of my life
>>
>>340377057
What if that happened to Ninja Gaiden to the point where nobody recognizes the franchise as anything but a shadow of its former self?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.