[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bethesda admits they would try to ruin Morrowind if they remade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>"To take Morrowind and then to completely rebuild it? It was an Xbox game. To completely rebuild it have it be relevant for today? That’s a pretty massive team doing a massive amount of work,” he explained.

http://www.gamesradar.com/a-skyrim-remaster-might-be-on-the-way-but-heres-why-bethesda-will-never-do-morrowind-hd/?utm_content=buffer3ecbb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer-opm

My opinion: they have put thought into what they would do if they remade Morrowind today, and they think it would be a lot of effort. This likely means that they have thought about ruining Morrowind with mechanics from Skyrim. How does that make you feel?
>>
To elaborate, I'm saying that slapping some HD textures over Morrowind is not a big task. They don't need to voice act anything, and it wouldn't be good if they did.
>>
>>340347838
Where's the pastebin, OP?
>>
Basically they're lazy fucks
>>
>Morrowind
>Xbox game
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>340347838
They just know that nostalgia is what's popular these days, and the majority of "gamers" who were there for the original Marrowind are not at the "nostalgia is the best drug" age..... yet.

They WILL remake or "remaster" it soon enough.
>>
Morrowind is shit. They'd have to completely overhaul it.
>>
>>340349890
3/10
>>
Pete Hines is Bethesda's pet retard. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.
>>
File: dogs.jpg (66 KB, 360x506) Image search: [Google]
dogs.jpg
66 KB, 360x506
It's guaranteed that if they remastered Morrowind they would remove the dice roll for hits and rework the stamina system.

For the better.
>>
>>340347936
>To elaborate, I'm saying that slapping some HD textures over Morrowind is not a big task.

They would need to do a lot more than just slap some HD textures over it.
They would have to remake all 3D models from scratch because Morrowind models are very low poly, considering the year it came out.

Just those two are an immense amount of work to do to today's standards in game assets.
I don't think you realize just how much work that is.
That's not even going into the whole workload of having to redo most of the code, AI and pathing, etc. since it's doubtful a lot of it would even be compatible in the current iteration of Gamebryo they're running. And going back through thousands upon thousands of lines of code to see what they could salvage would be more work than just redoing it from scratch.

They would have to remake the combat too, no one in this day and age would tolerate the D&D system Morrowind had, as sad as that might make some of you.
>>
File: 1345545234234.jpg (17 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
1345545234234.jpg
17 KB, 225x300
>>340348982
Right here mothafucka

http://pastebin.com/kEvZUq0L
>>
>>340347838

>remake
>not screwing up

Show me one remake of RPG games that have no screw up, JRPG included. At least he's frank about needing lots of resource and effort.

Its like asking a person trying to recreate mona lisa using the same exact brush strokes but in a newer canvas. It'll either be a big fuck up or not up to expectations based on the opinions of the "old" skool fags etc.

inb4 J.E (SjWcuck) Sawyer defend squad claims anything.
>>
>>340350116
Morrowind Graphics Extender

If random assholes of the Bethesda community can make Morrowind look amazing (better than Skyrim in some regards, imo) then a multi-billion dollar publishing company should be able to fund an even better project with ease.
>>
>>340347838

>morrowind
>it was an xbox game

Mother of God.

As someone that had a shit pc at the time and had to suffer through the xbox version, I can safely say that no, it really wasn't meant to be an xbox game.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.