[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
amd processor vs intel processor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: AMD-vs-Intel-600x412.png (252 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
AMD-vs-Intel-600x412.png
252 KB, 600x412
what would be better for gaming? amd or intel? whatre your thoughts?
>>
amd
>inb4 cancer intel fans say intel
>>
Whatre. Fucktard
>>
Personally I like intel, but thats because I've always used it, i currently have an amd processor and its more of a bottleneck more than anything
>>
>>
File: 07[1].jpg (103 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
07[1].jpg
103 KB, 1000x1000
>>340346585
buy amdchan's zen
>>
Intel, until AMD releases their modern stuff with Zen and they have some competition
>>
Intel has better single core performance.

If you're fond of emulation, AMD processors are worthless, especially with Dolphin.
>>
Wait for Zen.
>>
Intel.

AMD hasn't been doing well with processors for a while now.
>>
>>340346993
Shut up intel fag.
AMD will ruin Intel's career
>>
An Intel is always a good choice, especially if its got a K on the end of it. I still hear guys saying that their 2500k is not a bottleneck with a bit of an OC. Only downside is that they cost a lot.

AMD has been the budget option so far, but in the near future they're going to be releasing a whole slew of new shit that will either bring them back into direct competition with Intel at a sizeable price advantage or be a total flop.
>>
AMD uses Intel CPUs whenever benchmarking their graphics cards for a reason.
>>
Choose Intel for gaming.
Maybe AMD will catch up with Zen but for now Intel.
>>
>>340346585
Obviously the most costly one, Intel.
>>
File: Cocksure_Chinaman.jpg (37 KB, 490x350) Image search: [Google]
Cocksure_Chinaman.jpg
37 KB, 490x350
>>340347149
>people actually believe that Intel would go out of business if AMD releases a competitive product
>>
>>340347154
2500 is the best choice for buying second hand as you can get them filth cheap
That's if you're willing to buy second hand.
The problem being that intels thermal application between the lid and the dye is batching retarded after the 2000 generation because they went for a cheaper method
>>
intel. Anyone that goes with AMD is a retarded contrarian
>>
If you can wait you should wait till November where Zen will be competitive, Intel will be forced to cut prices and on top of that we'll have Black Friday deals.

If you can't wait then paying through the nose for Intel is about your only option because even if AMD's current chips aren't incapable of gaming all of AMD's current sockets AM3, FM2, etc is dead now and no AM4 hardware is available yet.
>>
File: 07180017243l[1].jpg (93 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
07180017243l[1].jpg
93 KB, 500x375
>>340346585

intel

enjoy those bent zen pins lol
>>
>>340347823
I will, thanks! Its always been so much easier to repair a bent pin on a CPU enough so that it will fit into the ZIF socket properly than it is to try to fix the pin grid array on a motherboard.
>>
File: 1421362880615.jpg (89 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1421362880615.jpg
89 KB, 800x1000
>>340346928
>>
>>340349247
>implying that not what AMD did
Only half of their cores are full fledged, independent cores.
>>
At the moment it's absolutely Intel as far as processors are concerned. I prefer AMD for graphics cards but that's it.

I very recently swapped my 8350 which I had running @ 4.5 GHz for a dirt cheap 4670k I found locally and the difference has been absolutely worth it in many games.

With a 4670k at 4.0 GHz so far I've tested Arkham Knight, GTA 5, DkS3, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, and AC:Syndicate and they all ran MUCH better. It was a very noticeable improvement in both framerate and general snappiness, I noticed less stuttering in general which is most likely thanks to the more consistent frametimes over the 8350. DkS3 would dip into the low 40s/high 30s at Lothric Castle and Irithyll with my 8350 and I ran through those areas on my new chip without dipping below 50 a single time. Far Harbor also ran pretty shitty with dips into the 40s on my 8350 even though the rest of the game was mostly 60+ and it runs pretty much perfectly on my 4670k now.

I tried out LA Noire as well and after removing the 30fps cap I can finally maintain a capped 60fps without any dips whatsoever where as the 8350 would hold 60fps indoors and in cutscenes but drop immediately down into the 30s whenever I was outside.

I'm still looking forward to Zen though. The Polaris GPUs are the first fruits of Raja Koduri's work after being hired by AMD 2-3 years ago and Zen should be the same for Jim Keller. Polaris has been impressive thus far and I'm fairly confident that Zen will be as well.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.