[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kirby Triple Deluxe makes me cry.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 96
File: kirby-Triple-deluxe-artikelbild.jpg (355 KB, 1448x853) Image search: [Google]
kirby-Triple-deluxe-artikelbild.jpg
355 KB, 1448x853
>Absolutely garish and boring aesthetic in the first 5 world but the gameplay is generally decent (pretty okay at best)
>Absolutely beautiful and interesting aesthetic in the 6th world, but the gameplay and level design is fucking awful all throughout

>every boss is fucking boring, repetitive, and wastes your time by hiding in the background, like Fatty Whale but worse. Even minibosses are worse than they were in the NES game
>so the arena and true arena are pretty much just chores, Super Star's arena and even the boss rushes in the "Dark Matter" games did it way better

>Final boss has an awesome first phase
>2nd phase is mediocre

>lots of abilities with variety
>compared to Super Star, abilities have a bunch of tacked on filler moves but the physics make them less flexible and versatile

>OST is good
>OST is mainly remixes

>Kirby feels too strong compared to his walking target enemies and bosses

>Kirby never changes colors with any abilities in the main game (it's understandable in Kirby Fighters)

>playing as Dedede is cool
>playing as Dedede is just snippets the main game again instead of his own little post-game adventure, how boring
>Dedede can't inhale, super Dedede jump, or face-plant
>playing as Dedede isn't actually that cool

>Kirby Fighters and Dedede's Drum Dash are okay but really shallow and short, they should have delayed the game to just include the DLC version packed into the main game

>HYPERNOVA
>HYPERNOVA
>HYPERNOVA
>HYPERNOVA
>HYPERNOVA
>HYPERNOVA
>>
I liked it a lot. One of my favorite Kirby games. Wish it was a full HD Wii U game though.

Canvas Curse doesn't count.
>>
File: angry kirby.jpg (15 KB, 471x353) Image search: [Google]
angry kirby.jpg
15 KB, 471x353
>le Fatty Whale meme
You fags keep up bringing Fatty Whale when the big, stupid fucker could always be hit, even when he jumps at the screen.
You fucking faggots would know this if you weren't such massive pussies, sitting on the side of the arena, waiting until it's safe to get in one swing from your ability's weapon because the helper you spawned got wrecked while you stood back and held guard the entire time.
Fatty Whale is a fucking joke of a boss and doing something as stupid as generalizing an entire game's boss list as being him and even worse when there was only one that wasted time in the background (Coily Rattler, like Fatty Whale, can be hit when he's peeking out or flying around if you're, again, not a massive pussy) just proves you're too brain dead to be playing a series already aimed at children/people new to video games.
>it's okay if RtDL didn't change colors
>it's okay if RtDL had a cutscene specials that killed the pacing
Hypernova got old faster though.
>>
The Kirby series as a whole makes me cry.

It has so much potential to be amazing, but Hal insists on playing it incredibly safe with the series because "muh easy accessibility for casuals".
>>
File: Sarcastic Kirby.png (562 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Sarcastic Kirby.png
562 KB, 853x480
>>340347327
I didn't say Fatty Whale was bad. I like him and his fight, and I like that lava boss from Kirby 64 too. The problem is Triple Deluxe took his gimmick, made it insufferable, and slapped it onto every single boss (and miniboss) in the game.

>>it's okay if RtDL didn't change colors
It's disappointing, but understandable since three of your friends can play as Kirby recolors. Triple Deluxe has no excuse.
>>it's okay if RtDL had a cutscene specials that killed the pacing
It isn't, but at least they went by a lot faster than Hypernova and had a bit more purpose.
>>
This is the most boring Kirby game I've ever played.

Why is it so fucking casual? I know the series has been forever but this game is just a chore to play.
>>
triple deluxe is a slog. planet robobot is leagues better
>>
File: 1462233707736.jpg (19 KB, 230x199) Image search: [Google]
1462233707736.jpg
19 KB, 230x199
I loved Triple Deluxe and thought it was fantastic.
>>
File: poyo pop.png (192 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
poyo pop.png
192 KB, 500x332
>>340347829
>and slapped it onto every single boss (and miniboss) in the game
Flowery Woods is either in range or his roots can be hit.
Paintra, Kracko, Dedede, Sectonia, and Dark Meta Knight can be hit when they're within range or flying in. Their attacks don't take long.
Pyribbit is the only one that fits your exaggerated claim because it's a poorly designed boss fight, period.
>It's disappointing, but understandable since three of your friends can play as Kirby recolors
>they went by a lot faster
You can't even move when you activate them. Beam is the worst of the bunch. The only thing worse than Beam is when Kirby Hypernovas trees and they felt obligated to have him pluck leaves before an overdone trunk spin.
Also, I'm not saying Triple Deluxe is excused. I'm just tired of people blaming it for things RtDL established.

I'm glad Robobot remedied some of those things.
>>
Kirby died at 64. It's time to let him go.
>>
File: image.gif (83 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
83 KB, 200x200
>somebody fucking hating on Triple Deluxe?

In all seriousness, I think Triple Deluxe has some of the best level design in the series, the boss stratagies are cool, the final levels are nice, the Hypernova ability is amazing, but to each their own.

But can we at least agree that Dedede Tour is the best thing ever?
>>
>>340348705
Flowery Woods isn't always in range, there are plenty of dull moments where he can't be hit. Paintra and Sectonia have lots of moments where they're unreachable. There's also Coily Rattler. Flower Sectonia and Soul of Sectonia are the epitome of camping bosses. Regular Sectonia and Dark Meta Knight are cool, but they're the only good bosses in the game. Pyribbit isn't the only one that fits the claim, it's the one that fits it the most.

>>340349318
No, I'm not "hating on" it.
>>
>>340349746
I'm only exaggerating.
>>
I agree OP

Amazing mirror and squeak squad a best
>>
>>340350043
>squeak squad
Come on.
>>
>>340350043
They're about on par but they have their own strengths and weaknesses. Super Star, Kirby's Adventure, and Air Ride are the best.
>>
>>340350081
It's litterally the same as Amazing mirror just without the metroidvania gimmick. The level design inside each actual stage is still fairly complex and nonlinear.

I don't know why the fuck people dislike
>>
>>340350260
Oh, I can agree with Super Star. That's my favorite in the series. Kirby's Adventure I'm mixed on. It's great, but I rarely want to play it.

I haven't ever played Air Ride, but I REALLY want to.
>>
>>340350043
is squeak squad any good? my favorite games are the older ones, so i was thinking i'd like it.
>>
>>340350302
I don't dislike, I love its level design, its powers, and its pacing. It's kinda like another Kirby's Dream Land 1 with some Super Star elements and mechanics.

>>340350481
If you like the older ones, you'll probably like Squeak Squad. It's a very simple and quick game.
>>
Is it just me, or is Triple Deluxe slow as fuck compared to the older games?
>>
>>340350440
>I haven't ever played Air Ride, but I REALLY want to.
It's only fun with a few friends. And/or if you like doing a ton of little challenges that tick off little boxes to unlock stuff.
>>
File: 1464613381044.jpg (59 KB, 500x426) Image search: [Google]
1464613381044.jpg
59 KB, 500x426
>>340346362

I feel you OP. Coming from a die hard Kirby fan, I felt like the only one on /v/ who was disappointed by Triple Deluxe on release. It isn't awful, it's playable and has its moments but I felt like it was too simple compared to the older game in the series.
>>
The best kirby game is always the first one you played.
for me it was squeak squad. I loved the ability system and the mixed. I played it for hours.
>>
>>340350758
Not really. My first was Adventure, but my favorite is either Super Star or Return to Dreamland.
>>
File: 45822524_p35.png (104 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
45822524_p35.png
104 KB, 360x480
I want the option to play as a Waddle Dee. Not a "Helper" Waddle Dee with a parasol or spear, not a Waddle Dee with a hat or color that gives them individuality. Just a regular, slow, pitiful, weak, unremarkable Waddle Dee with a tiny little hop.
>>
File: 1462935014456.png (574 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462935014456.png
574 KB, 600x600
My top 5
Adventure
Crystal shards
Amazing mirror
Air ride
Super star ultra

I haven't played TR, PR, or RC. Only one I really felt was kinda bad was squeak squad, looked beautiful and some abilities like animal were cool but overall I found the levels pretty boring. As much as I hate to say it I worrybthe series might be becoming a bit stagnant, HAL releases quality games but they have felt too safe as of late. I don't know exactly what kirby needs but he needs something new.
>>
File: 55032595_p8.png (360 KB, 637x900) Image search: [Google]
55032595_p8.png
360 KB, 637x900
>>340351438
My top 5

Super Star
Adventure
Air Ride
Dream Land 3
Kirby 64

Of all my favorites, Dream Land 3 doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>340351438
My top 5 as well

Super Star
Return to Dreamland
Triple Deluxe
Crystal Shards
Nightmare in Dreamland
>>
File: 1462546503972.jpg (117 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
1462546503972.jpg
117 KB, 500x519
>>340351178
Does anyone have a .gif or webm of that one super strong Waddle Dee that lifted an island during Endless Explosions' Hypernova section?
>>
File: 53945118_p4.png (13 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
53945118_p4.png
13 KB, 600x360
>>340351438
hmmm my turn

5 amazing mirror
4 dream land 1
3 canvas curse
2 adventure
1 super star

i don't have a wiiu so i can't play rainbow curse, is it better or worse than canvas?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>340351178
We were kinda close.
>>
>>340346362
I hope Robobot isnt more of the same, i didnt like Triple Deluxe and i hope Robobot improves on the format they chose for the first game on 3DS
>>
>>340347829
I'd rather have sprays like the GBA games had, Triple Deluxe's exclusion of neither prays or recolored abilities is pretty shit.
>>
File: kirby.png (1 MB, 965x600) Image search: [Google]
kirby.png
1 MB, 965x600
>>340351178
Squeak Squad's ghost ability lets you do just that.
>>
>>340351178
sometimes i play through levels as "fat kirby" just to simulate somehting like this
>>
>>340351438
Top 5
Air Ride
Amazing Mirror
Superstar
Kirby 64
Nightmare in Dreamland
>>
File: 1464378632585.jpg (1014 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1464378632585.jpg
1014 KB, 2560x1440
>>340352236
Waddle Dee's mechanic to just grab enemies was implemented through Kirby for a while, see 0:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0pwsX73jw
His ability to hold enemies over his head and use them (Bronto Burt, Sir Kibble, Flapper) was retained, but not nearly as fleshed out as it would have been if Waddle Dee had stayed playable.
He probably would have had props lying around to use that wouldn't have been there if you chose one of the other 3 characters.
I wonder how he would have gotten those crystal shards that required abilities. Perhaps it would have been like a DK64 thing, and there were initially going to be 3 times as many shards? Its more likely that you could switch between the four freely, and Kirby can retain whatever powers you've gained as him while you play as someone else. I wonder what minecart sections would have been like while playing as him. Would Kirby jump in with you? Or one of the other 3 at random? Would Dedede break the boulder blocking the Ripple Star Catacombs? Also it would have been really cute to ride on Dedede's back as Waddle Dee or Adeleine. Come to think of it, I'm the most curious about how Adeleine would have played.

>>340353386
Yes, and it was very fun and novel. Something about being so gimped and after playing an overpowered character is very fun. A shame the game wasn't designed around it at all, you get stuck quite often. I'm thinking more like a lone Waddle Dee trapped in a hostile realm with a Dream Land Extra Game style hell storm of enemies to avoid. Kinda like a mix between Captain Toad mixed with a kiddy Silent Hill.
>>
I liked Triple Deluxe and played through it twice and had a lot of fun. Tried playing it again a little while later and hypernova finally broke me and I just skipped those stages.

It was a fun gimmick at first seeing all the silly things involving it, but it really does kill most of the stages on replay.

I loved all the bosses outside Pyribbit though so can't agree with you there OP, sorry. They're all super fun to dodge and dance around and the only one outside Pyribbit that I didn't like was hypernova sectonia because it only has 2 attacks and neither are very interesting. Watching the seed bombs explode a half-dozen times was a mistake.

Favorite Kirby games to get in on that

1: Triple Deluxe (despite complaints the movesets and bosses were a complete blast and I look forward to robobots bosses)

2: Super Star Ultra (Close second, literally everyone should have this as 1 or 2 though)

3: Canvas Curse (If this counts. I just found it relaxing and Drawcia is my favorite Kirby villain design wise)

4: Adventure (Solid all around game)

5: Return to Dreamland (Tied with Adventure really but Adventure was my first one and super abilities were worse than hypernova so ehh)

Only game I just cannot play anymore is 64, Kirby is just so abysmally slow and the power mixing just resulted in different flavors of swords or weapons with only a single move to them. Power mixing is super over-rated. Doesn't help most enemies are literally just "colorful ball with eyes" and nothing else.

It did give us Factory Inspection though so I'll never call it trash.
>>
File: Kirby 64 Ado's drawings.png (341 KB, 443x2978) Image search: [Google]
Kirby 64 Ado's drawings.png
341 KB, 443x2978
>>340354668
>most enemies are literally just "colorful ball with eyes"
That's literally the main character, to be fair. Yeah Kirby 64 did have some lame enemies though I'll agree, Dream Land 1 - 3 did the minimalist character design amazingly well, Kirby 64 did it just sort of "eh". I think the problem is more of a graphical limitations thing than a problem with the actual designs, since they look great in the credits, and RtDL did the same kind of thing for enemies and they look fine.

Despite its age Kirby 64 has amazing atmosphere, the best aesthetic, and great main characters/bosses/NPCs design. And N-Z/Keke are great common enemies.
>>
>>340348359
Nintendo fanboys say this shit about everything.
>Fates is so much better
Just as garbage as Awakening, thanks.
>>
File: 4428576_p0.png (275 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
4428576_p0.png
275 KB, 600x800
>>340352506
If you didn't like the playstyle of Triple Deluxe, then you won't probably like Planet Robobot either. However if it's the Hypernova section that irked you, then the newest game could be a treat for you since the robobot armor can be used optionally or is hidden in the stage, so it is not a necessary or forced unless you're going for 100% completion.
>>
>>340355529
I thought Planet Robobot made many improvements over Triple Deluxe. The aesthetic is still kind of bad imo and the bosses are a little dull, but not as bad as Triple Deluxe. My biggest gripe was actually how often you were interrupted by minutes long cutscenes dialogue and how Kirby is actually in a fucking robot. It was very un-Kirby-like, and not in way that improved upon anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>340355914
>Kirby in a mech is un-Kirby
>When he's canonically an expert mechanic and he even transforms into a robot in Epic Yarn and Mass Attack
>>
File: Kirby Riding a Tank.png (766 KB, 953x510) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Riding a Tank.png
766 KB, 953x510
>>340356136
>Epic Yarn
Mixes with a yarn friend to turn into yarn in the shape of a robot, not an actual robot. It's whimsical and light, doesn't feel like cheap pandering to the Mecha crowd.

>Mass Attack
>Implying anything about Mass Attack is in any way relevant
>>
File: Gooey_KDL3.png (4 KB, 217x162) Image search: [Google]
Gooey_KDL3.png
4 KB, 217x162
>>340346362
some things
-the 3d in this game is really good unlike other 3ds games
-like rtdl wii, the power's movesets are great. the game feels like a portable and 3d version of that

however:
-the hypernova sections bring the game down. they're not optional and have to be done every time you replay the level.
>>
>>340356434
The fuck does relevance gave to do with anything?

Regardless I don't find Kirby riding a mech that much of a stretch when there's a lot weirder shit he can do like turn into yarn.
>>
File: 49525363_p0.jpg (984 KB, 1985x1494) Image search: [Google]
49525363_p0.jpg
984 KB, 1985x1494
>>340354264
>I wonder what minecart sections would have been like while playing as him. Would Kirby jump in with you? Or one of the other 3 at random? Would Dedede break the boulder blocking the Ripple Star Catacombs? Also it would have been really cute to ride on Dedede's back as Waddle Dee or Adeleine. Come to think of it, I'm the most curious about how Adeleine would have played.

I hope if HAL ever does a remake in the same vain as Adventure and Super Star, they'll include an option to play as these characters as they were originally intended. I'm sad to see concept and ideas like these go to waste.

>Yes, and it was very fun and novel. Something about being so gimped and after playing an overpowered character is very fun.

I hope the ghost ability gets a revamp the same way UFO got a revamp in Planet Robobot, aside from being amiibo locked unless you get 100%.
>>
File: happybowser.gif (2 MB, 340x240) Image search: [Google]
happybowser.gif
2 MB, 340x240
I liked Triple Deluxe and didn't have any problems with it.
>>
>>340346362
I preordered it and played it a bunch on release but then slowed down and forced myself to only play a few levels a day so I wouldn't finish too fast. Then something else came out and I forgot about it and never played more.

I have Robobot ready to arrive this week. Is it worth going back to finish Triple first or atleast after Robo?

I love kirby but they are shitting out too much shit lately. We really need some Metroid and Zelda to balance it out.
>>
>Get Hypernova fruit
>Walk 5 feet
>Press B
>Walk 5 feet
>Press B

wow this is something.
>>
File: Kirby then and now.png (174 KB, 657x336) Image search: [Google]
Kirby then and now.png
174 KB, 657x336
>>340357393
I'm worried they'd not only update, but "modernize" the aesthetic, designs, and characters like they did in NiDL and KSSU. RIP Capsule-J, Rolling Turtle, Bounder, and Togezo.

If they just made it look like the official renders with more polish and a good lighting engine, they added some mini games and made the physics a little more fluid, then I'd be all for it.
>>
>>340358668
i really hope kirby robot isn't like this
i kinda pre-ordered it blind
>>
>>340358851
I'm not a fan of the Robobot but it isn't nearly as bad as Hypernova. It's more like if Rick and Wheelie had a big, clunky baby.
>>
File: GSNN067-850x850.jpg (142 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
GSNN067-850x850.jpg
142 KB, 850x850
anyone got any kirby merch? my magnetic limbs nendoroid just came in.
his posing is godlike and probably the only way a kirby fig could be made.
>>
File: 1462926134205.png (90 KB, 150x214) Image search: [Google]
1462926134205.png
90 KB, 150x214
>>340351438
Since everyone is posting their top 5:

>Return to Dreamland
>Planet Robobot (would be #1 if it had a full hard mode like RtDl)
>KSSU
>Amazing Mirror
>mass attack
>>
>>340358753
I think HAL knows that changes like the ones in NiD aren't desirable to the fanbase, and the reason they changes Capsule-J was to avoid possible TwinBee lawsuits.
>>
>>340358238
Go ahead and finish it now anon, there's actual triple deluxe stuff that shows up in robobot as callbacks.
>>
>>340359807
If they did those changes would have been reverted in SSU.
>>
>>340359438
I have the nendo and a plush, meta knight also had a nendo announced which I plan to get.
>>
File: Nova.png (90 KB, 217x231) Image search: [Google]
Nova.png
90 KB, 217x231
READY. ->
>>
>>340350481
Squeak Squad is great. Fun abilities and fun levels with treasure hunting inside each level.

Too bad it's pretty short and its final boss sucks balls. Daroach a best tho
>>
File: 30637900_p3.jpg (80 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
30637900_p3.jpg
80 KB, 300x300
>>340360420
I want a Kirby 64 remake that polishes over its flaws and enhances its strengths, while staying faithful to the art direction and atmosphere of the original game!
>>
File: Kirby Plushies.png (2 MB, 1535x1299) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Plushies.png
2 MB, 1535x1299
I want these
>>
File: Nova_only.png (11 KB, 138x141) Image search: [Google]
Nova_only.png
11 KB, 138x141
>>340360947
YOUR WISH IS GRANTED

THE GAME CAN ONLY BE PLAYED USING THE DK BONGOS

ALSO I'M GOING TO GO DESTROY POP STAR, DON'T THINK I FORGOT THAT PART OF YOUR WISH
>>
File: Acro.png (97 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Acro.png
97 KB, 600x480
Don't mind me, just posting best girl.
>>
File: 1462334007526.jpg (546 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1462334007526.jpg
546 KB, 800x600
>>340361696
>Best girl
>Not the incarnation of beauty itself
>>
File: Acro bite.png (8 KB, 264x182) Image search: [Google]
Acro bite.png
8 KB, 264x182
>>340362048
Was*
Remember the part where she died?
>>
File: 12 - YnRkFJ1.jpg (740 KB, 2304x1296) Image search: [Google]
12 - YnRkFJ1.jpg
740 KB, 2304x1296
>>340359438
I got this set when it first came out. They are pretty fun for tossing around with other displays and stuff.

The nendo is pretty tempting.
>>
File: 5673382_p0.jpg (27 KB, 363x305) Image search: [Google]
5673382_p0.jpg
27 KB, 363x305
Meta-Knights game when
>>
File: 1465356960911542515069.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1465356960911542515069.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>340362551
>Not combining both for the best of both worlds
Faggot
>>
File: 1462241247734.jpg (124 KB, 531x637) Image search: [Google]
1462241247734.jpg
124 KB, 531x637
>>340362398
Yes.
>>
>>340362559
I wish Dedede and Metaknight went out of their way to fight Kirby more.
And I don't mean possessed or controlled by a greater force.
>>
File: 1408301901644.jpg (84 KB, 312x321) Image search: [Google]
1408301901644.jpg
84 KB, 312x321
>>340347683
>Playing it safe
>Every other game is a spinoff
>>
>>340346362
Superstar combat/damage/guard system combined with amazing mirror physics and fighter + sword kirby would be best kriby game
>>
>>340361078
They look pretty easy to make yourself...
>>
File: 1324688497287.jpg (64 KB, 462x462) Image search: [Google]
1324688497287.jpg
64 KB, 462x462
>all these amazing mirror bros
Mah fucking niggas. Needs to be a another Kirby metroidvania, but with Crystal Shard's combo ability mechanic.
>>
>>340359438
I got a Waddle Dee Plush from a crane machine the other day.
>>
Where is my Kirby tilt n tumble 2 on the Wii U?

Such a shitty game pad, but it would be perfect for that kind of game.
>>
File: 17741016_p0.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
17741016_p0.png
8 KB, 400x400
>>340362559
>Meta-Knights game
>not "Meta Knight game"
My man! I want the same kind of thing.
>>
>>340346362
>Kirby never changes colors with any abilities in the main game
He hasn't done that in years. Starting with Amazing Mirror, the sprite games had spray cans that gave you a bunch of different palette swaps.
>>
File: Kirby.jpg (17 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
Kirby.jpg
17 KB, 476x357
>>340347327
>>
>>340355603
>Conquest is so much better
There. Now it's accurate.
>b-but it has a worse story
It's shit in all three versions.
>>
File: 2010-7-20ric7.jpg (222 KB, 720x1100) Image search: [Google]
2010-7-20ric7.jpg
222 KB, 720x1100
>>340361696
>>340362048
>>340362398
>>340362860
Come now, let me show you who truly is best girl.
>>
crystals shards is by far the best kirby game
>>
>>340353386
Man, when are getting Ghost back? I spent a lot of time seeing how far I could get as possessed enemies.
>>
File: 1437516723356.jpg (10 KB, 201x211) Image search: [Google]
1437516723356.jpg
10 KB, 201x211
>>340363451
Kirby metroidvania combined with Crystal Shards combo ability will be fucking great. But with Squeak Squad inventory holder and Dededeluxe secret portals taking you to secret areas and secret bosses would be awesome as well.
>>
>>340364785
>He hasn't done that in years.
Not an excuse.

>the sprite games had spray cans that gave you a bunch of different palette swaps.
Those haven't been around longer.

It's laziness.
>>
>>340366036
So you want a better great cave offensive?
>>
File: 38284984_p0.png (659 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
38284984_p0.png
659 KB, 1024x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1UyufS8Mqo
>>
File: 5997903.gif (115 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
5997903.gif
115 KB, 160x160
>>340366449
Yeah, with 4 player co-op similar to Amazing Mirror and all the other stuff I've typed before. Maybe with other playable characters like Prince Fluff, Adeleine, or Daroach but I'm getting ahead of myself.
>>
>>340367994
>playable Adeleine
yes pls
>>
File: 42843080_p0.jpg (250 KB, 1480x1767) Image search: [Google]
42843080_p0.jpg
250 KB, 1480x1767
>>340367174
This mini-game has no right of having such catchy music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzFi1k-Z7iA
>>
File: hose poyo.png (157 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hose poyo.png
157 KB, 200x200
I want to get Planet Robobot, but I should also save up my money for the time being.
>>
File: 4378853_p0.png (304 KB, 568x583) Image search: [Google]
4378853_p0.png
304 KB, 568x583
>>340369481
I hope she makes an appearance in a future Kirby title. Maybe they could improve her status from assist to playable. I have an idea of her using roller skates to dash like Paint Roller and using attacks like the concept art you've just posted. Please HAL, let her come back along with the other forgotten Kirby characters.
>>
File: nintenf252.png (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
nintenf252.png
5 KB, 250x250
>>340369602
It's better if you save your money rather than spending it on vidya if you're having money problems. I care for you anon, don't be like me who use to carelessly spend money on non important stuff.
>>
File: MAAAGIC.png (241 KB, 375x387) Image search: [Google]
MAAAGIC.png
241 KB, 375x387
Favorite copy ability?

>inb4 NEVER EVER
>>
File: kir.jpg (32 KB, 334x342) Image search: [Google]
kir.jpg
32 KB, 334x342
>>340370973
But video games are important to me.
>>
File: nintenf269.png (4 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
nintenf269.png
4 KB, 300x250
>>340371079
But it's not as important as smart financial decisions anon. Run anon, run while you still have the chance!
>>
File: 44752743_p17.jpg (239 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
44752743_p17.jpg
239 KB, 500x443
>>340371048
All about that Jet boi. Yo-yo comes close though.
>>
File: NEVER.png (17 KB, 382x472) Image search: [Google]
NEVER.png
17 KB, 382x472
>>340372301
IT'S TOO LATE
I'M GOING TO PISS ALL MY MONEY AWAY AND I'M GOING TO KEEP BROWSING /v/ INSTEAD OF WRITING A SPEECH FOR THIS STUPID CLASS I SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE TAKING FOR MY DEGREE
>>
>>340371048
Fighter, hammer or smash
>>
File: 28869251_p24.png (122 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
28869251_p24.png
122 KB, 512x384
>>340370619
I think she'd play kinda like this.

Paintbrush Swipe

Paint Bouncy
↓ + 1 in midair

Shimmering Rainbow Swipe
1 with full health

Paint Uplifting Umbrella
↑ + 1

Triple Paintbrush Swipe
1 twice after Paintbrush Swipe

Paint Ice Dragon (It's like a big, simplistic Super Star helper)
Hold 1, release

Paint Flying Cutters
1 after Triple Paintbrush Swipe

Paint Bang-Bang (the missile guy, ride him at a downward diagonal angle with a crash when you impact)
Dash + ↓ + 1 in midair

Paint Wheelie Scooter
Dash + 1

Ride Spiky Flying Dragon
↓ + ↑ + 1

Paint Tornado
Dash + 1 in midair

Paintbrush Somersault Bonk
1 underwater

Paint Bronto Burt (it flies off very quickly)
1 in midair

Most of her attacks are melee, but they also shoot out big globs of paint of various colors, hitting an enemy with it does half a point of damage. Paint tornado flings the most, in all directions.
Note that hitting an enemy with paint changes its color. Like, hit a red Waddle Doo without killing it, and it could turn green or blue or pink or yellow etc.
She draws incredibly fast, but every move where she draws something causes her to freeze in place (even in mid-air) for half a second.
Painting Ice Dragon takes about 5 seconds.
>>
>>340346362
At least it's better than Super Star in every way.
>>
File: ultrasword.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
ultrasword.webm
3 MB, 720x405
Gotta have your final smash powers.
Hypernova is just Triple D's version.
>>
File: 47062012_p3.jpg (253 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
47062012_p3.jpg
253 KB, 1000x750
@340373832
There wasn't even an attempt.
>>
It's like Nintendo lost the ability to make good games anymore, if NX tanks they will become as relevant as nokia is to the phone industry
>>
File: bait squid.jpg (385 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bait squid.jpg
385 KB, 1280x720
>>340374051
>>
>>340373878
the problem is even the hardest sections of hypernova were only about as hard as the first 3 times you got an ultra ability
>>
File: 49184629_p6.jpg (122 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
49184629_p6.jpg
122 KB, 700x700
>>340372696
YOU FOOL, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND WRITE YOUR SPEECH FOR YOUR STUPID CLASS AND GET THAT DEGREE AND MAKE IT YOUR BITCH. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!
>>
File: hypernova.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
hypernova.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>340374187
Still, wasn't it cool in that bonus hypernova only stage where the normal hypernova song was instead Fountain of Dreams Smash Bros version?
>>
File: 38640764_p0.jpg (508 KB, 818x590) Image search: [Google]
38640764_p0.jpg
508 KB, 818x590
>>340373878
Love-Love Stick > Star Rod > Landia > Rainbow Sword > Starship > Ribbon's Shard Gun > Halberd Mode > Big Ultra Sword > Triple Star > Master > Hypernova
>>
>>340374402
In robobot the melee version of green greens kicks in as soon as you get into the fucking robot
>>
File: 7159476_p0.png (729 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
7159476_p0.png
729 KB, 1200x800
>>340373685
Dash should be the final resort attack.
Also adding some movesets

Canvas Plant
↓ + 1

Canvas Drawing
Hold ↓ + 1
Short - Wheel/Car/Baseball Drawing
Medium - Waddle Doo/Waddle Dee/Bouncy Drawing
Long - Poppy Bro Sr./Bugzy/Rolling Turtle Drawing
Longest - Kracko/Ice Dragon/Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright Drawing

She could only draw on the canvas and she can only place one so the placement of the canvas must be important in certain situation.

>Most of her attacks are melee, but they also shoot out big globs of paint of various colors, hitting an enemy with it does half a point of damage. Paint tornado flings the most, in all directions.
>Note that hitting an enemy with paint changes its color. Like, hit a red Waddle Doo without killing it, and it could turn green or blue or pink or yellow etc.

It kinda remind of how Mickey plays in Power of Illusion. Her being mostly melee based sounds great and maybe she could use her palette as a shield or a special defense kind of deal.
>>
File: 24599663_p3.jpg (94 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
24599663_p3.jpg
94 KB, 480x640
>>
>>340370619
I like the idea of Paint Kirby using roller skates, if Adeleine helps Paint become a real ability, but Adeleine should just wear her regular bread shoes.
>>
File: 38629787_p0.jpg (128 KB, 335x600) Image search: [Google]
38629787_p0.jpg
128 KB, 335x600
>>340380237
Maybe her bread shoes are secretly heelys.
>>
File: 2046758_p0.png (244 KB, 998x700) Image search: [Google]
2046758_p0.png
244 KB, 998x700
>>340364234
>Meta-Knights game
>starts off with Halberd having been broken in the intro by the main villain, who has put Kirby, Dedede, and any other heroes out of commision
>your goal is to retrieve the parts of the broken Halberd while Meta Knight stays in the shadows and observes you
>Sailor Dee is your mission control
>get to control the Heavy Lobster in one level
>final boss is like the one in Robobot where you control the Halberd
>Lord Meta Knight is the secret boss to test how much you've learned
>>
>>340382594
Just make it Lemmings and each type of lemming is a meta-knight.
>>
>>340382109
but i wanna run
>>
File: image.png (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 100x100
>tfw Kirby threads are the best part about /v/
Playing through epic yarn right now. So fucking comfy.
>>
I don't care if there's a 64 remake. I just want Ribbon and Addeline to come back and complete the squad
>>
>>340374402
>BURN IN THE EVERLASTING HELLFIRE OF CREATION
>>
File: 35737565_p23.png (80 KB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
35737565_p23.png
80 KB, 500x524
>>340383479
Fine run away, it's not like I like you or anything baka. It's just me trying to mix things up a bit by borrowing Paint Roller's and integrating it with Adeleine. But maybe rolling doesn't fit her character.
>>
File: 42884861_p2.jpg (161 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
42884861_p2.jpg
161 KB, 400x400
>>340384615
I love the idea but it just seems a little unfitting for her personally.
Also go into detail how you think the canvas thing should work, I was picturing her just drawing into the air or on the walls or whatever.
>>
>>340346362
It's got arguably the most complete moveset in the franchise, though Robobot may have one-upped it.

That's all that mattered to me, but I agree the minigames suck.
>>
File: 4264022_p0.jpg (61 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
4264022_p0.jpg
61 KB, 450x300
>>340384149
>tfw I may help promote borbposting when all I wanted to post was weird Meta Knight figures.

Also best world is Snow Land with Cozy Cabins and Frosty Wheel for max comfy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQNpZeZgNtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBLpyM5s_KY

>>340382594
Sounds really interesting, although I think this could also apply to Daroach since he does have his own crew as well. It'll be interesting to see other Kirby character in on the action as well.
>>
File: 41574125_p18.png (709 KB, 700x557) Image search: [Google]
41574125_p18.png
709 KB, 700x557
>>340385214
replying to and repeating those kinds of shitposters will only encourage them
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 560x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 560x480
>Two Days
I'm so hype the wait is killing me.
I've already best all the mainline kirby games again while waiting for this game.
I really wish I didn't spoil myself on the bosses, but that thread where it got leaked was fun as fuck.
>>
File: 17992508_p0.png (613 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
17992508_p0.png
613 KB, 800x600
>>340384807
>Also go into detail how you think the canvas thing should work, I was picturing her just drawing into the air or on the walls or whatever.

Sure thing. I imagined Adeliene's down special would be her placing a canvas in front of her. If she does her down special again on front of the canvas, then she could make certain enemy drawing come to life, depending on how long you hold the down special. If you try to do that outside of the canvas then nothing will happen. If you don't like where you placed the canvas and want to put it somewhere else, then holding the down special outside of the canvas should make another one appear but the previous one disappears. Sorry if this sounds really confusing, I'm not really that great at explaining things.

>>340386169
I know, but I like posting weird and bizarre Kirby fan art, especially the ones that make Meta Knight look out of character since he's the suppose enigmatic guy in the series.
>>
I wish they would fucking add SSU to the Wii U VC that way I could have all the main-line Kirby games.
>>
>Final boss has an awesome first phase
>2nd phase is mediocre

The final boss has like 15 fucking phases you plebian.

>>340387086
>Ruining the game for yourself

Too bad you won't experience seeing that you've been fighting NOVAS this whole time
>>
File: 12107228_p0.png (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
12107228_p0.png
26 KB, 500x500
>>340387086
>I really wish I didn't spoil myself on the bosses, but that thread where it got leaked was fun as fuck.
>Anon playing through the game as fast as he could so he could reveal who the final boss
>Everyone freaking out when the final fight was posted.
>This drill is the drill that will pierce through the heavens happened
>Meta Knightmare Returns' final bosses was revealed and everyone freaked out even more
>All that LOR and boss descriptions

That was the most hyped Kirby thread I've witnessed so far. I hope the next game would be as equally as fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 1044x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 1044x585
>>340387297
I would have lost my shit about Dark Matter returning (as a clone too because I've been begging for a remix of his song in ages.

From now on I'm avoiding kirby threads when there's a new game coming out, I can't risk it on the off-chance that Nightmare gets leaked as an extra boss.
>>
File: 47755386_p0.jpg (251 KB, 1409x1325) Image search: [Google]
47755386_p0.jpg
251 KB, 1409x1325
>>340387140
That seems fitting, but clunky and unpractical in practice, especially if you're playing with 3 other people. Maybe she could constantly carry a little easel and canvas on her back, every time she draws something she sets it up (even in midair), draws, and puts it back in split-second animations?

Also how would paint Kirby play? I'm thinking kinda like Ice+Cutter from Kirby 64, with the ability to swing around a brush and fling globs of paint everywhere
>>
>>340387936
One of his attacks should be ↓ + ↑ + 1 where it's like a smaller and weaker version of his screen nuke from SS, but it does muti-hit and you're invincible while doing it.
>>
File: 1464717548966.gif (749 KB, 508x583) Image search: [Google]
1464717548966.gif
749 KB, 508x583
>>340387559
>tfw I got to the final boss almost at the same time when it was posted.
That night was the hypest shit ever
>>
>>340351438
Top 5
1. Canvas Curse
2. SuperStar Ultra
3. Air Ride
4. 64
5. Adventure
>>
>>340387559
I was checking the archives recently and reread the thread. Still hype as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 245x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 245x237
>>340387559
>>340388432
I really want to read through that thread again but I can't find the fucking thing on the archives anywhere.
>>
File: 37940694_p0.jpg (161 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
37940694_p0.jpg
161 KB, 1000x1000
>>340388370
Yes, and also if you hold that it does a regular strength screen nuke, but it exhausts the ability.
>>
>>340388938
Link? I can't find it because I don't know what to search.
>>
File: 4900030_p0.jpg (156 KB, 760x970) Image search: [Google]
4900030_p0.jpg
156 KB, 760x970
>>340387936
>Maybe she could constantly carry a little easel and canvas on her back, every time she draws something she sets it up (even in midair), draws, and puts it back in split-second animations?

That sounds better than my idea. There could be an off chance of her making a healing item so it could heal her or her friends. Maybe, depending on the size of the canvas, she could make bigger drawing come to life as well.

>Also how would paint Kirby play? I'm thinking kinda like Ice+Cutter from Kirby 64, with the ability to swing around a brush and fling globs of paint everywhere.
Sounds neat. You could charge your neutral attack so it could shoot out the globs. And this sounds awesome as well >>340388370.
Maybe we could add a drawing line attack to make mini, temporary platforms to walk on or shield from attack from the above. Kinda like Canvas Curse.
>>
File: tumblr_nsix85ZKXY1uszk1eo1_1280.jpg (621 KB, 1162x1365) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsix85ZKXY1uszk1eo1_1280.jpg
621 KB, 1162x1365
>>340389096
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/335566063/#q335566063
This what you wanted?
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1000x1000
>They bring back Adeline
>She's gotten older
>>
>>340389382
Based DDD Poster
>>
File: 5947026_p0.jpg (691 KB, 1100x953) Image search: [Google]
5947026_p0.jpg
691 KB, 1100x953
>>340351438
Super Star
Planet Robobot
Amazing Mirror
Adventure
64/Crystal Shards

Mainline all I need is Canvas Curse, hopefully I can afford it soon, I enjoyed Rainbow Curse after all.

Also while I agree Squeak Squad being the weakest I wouldn't even call it kinda bad, just lacking & underwhelming, but hey, it's expected since the Director for that game never directed a Kirby game before or after that.

Also when the fuck are we getting Air Ride 2? Like come on, it has to happen soon.
>>
File: 28822946_p1.jpg (94 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
28822946_p1.jpg
94 KB, 480x640
>>340388432
What was your reaction to the unveiling of the final boss? Did you had a fanboy moment? I know I did.

>>340389382
Thanks anon!

>>340389402
Don't you mean edgier?
>>
>>340389749
No, I mean S T A C K E D
>>
File: 35737565_p21.png (158 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
35737565_p21.png
158 KB, 550x550
>>340389860
Why not both?
>>
File: 1460763443406.gif (364 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1460763443406.gif
364 KB, 540x300
>>340389749
In that thread I was the one saying
>"yfw PLANET BUSTER"
So I got it a bit before it was posted.
But The spoiler about Dark Matter, Sectonia and fucking Galacta Knight got me so hype I didn't sleep that day.
>>
File: Adeleine mobile canvas.png (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Adeleine mobile canvas.png
136 KB, 500x500
>>340389235
I tried sketching it out to display some time reference. She should be able to take it out, draw something, and put it back by the time Kirby flaps his arms. Also it should get magically bigger when it's not on her back because video game.
>>
>>340389702
>Also while I agree Squeak Squad being the weakest I wouldn't even call it kinda bad, just lacking & underwhelming, but hey, it's expected since the Director for that game never directed a Kirby game before or after that.

Squeak Squad had some good ideas like upgrading abilities and the stomach storage at least. I hope those come back.

>Also when the fuck are we getting Air Ride 2? Like come on, it has to happen soon.

I bet Meta Knight's insurance policy that Kirby Air Ride 2 will be out before Might No. 9.
>>
File: Lg7By5kaXegSI.gif (495 KB, 335x209) Image search: [Google]
Lg7By5kaXegSI.gif
495 KB, 335x209
>Robobot brought back all this old music, and even some smash tracks
>For some unknown reason they didn't add Brawl's Halberd Theme
>But brought back Epic Yarn's
It's a damn good thing I like this rendition or I'd be a lot more irritated.
>>
>>340390392
I'm glad they used that version, Epic Yarn is a good game but doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>340390575
FUCK THAT BEAD RUN ON HALBERD IN EPIC YARN

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
>>
>>340346362
>>every boss is fucking boring, repetitive, and wastes your time by hiding in the background, like Fatty Whale but worse. Even minibosses are worse than they were in the NES game

I agree. Using Kirby's base star exhale feels like an afterthought in this game. It's pretty much suicide to not use powers because bosses are gigantic health sponges.
>>
File: 2691238_p0.jpg (116 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
2691238_p0.jpg
116 KB, 600x321
>>340389402
>make imaginative child character to live in a cute world of innocent whimsy
>let's make them a full grown, developed adult now to be a fan service character
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
Of all the games to throw an autistic shitfit about, Triple Deluxe is certainly the last I would expect.
It's one of the few times Nintendo didn't completely fuck up an IP. It was a solid Kirby game, like RtDL
OP is a raging faggot or robobot shill
>>
>>340391479
Or maybe he just doesn't like the Return to Dreamland/TD style gameplay, like a fair amount of kirby fans don't.
>>
>>340391637
RoTL is literally SS with a couple of gimmicks.
This is going to turn into some classicvania vs igavania bullshit, isn't it?
>>
>>340391479
>fair criticism is an autistic shitfit if it's directed at a game I like
I like Triple Deluxe, but you're the biggest autistic faggot in the thread.
>>
>>340391637
I feel like RtD gets more love than it should because of the admittedly epic final boss/es.

Robobot seems to have picked up on that, but at the same time the Dedede and Metaknight fights seem to be there for pure fanservice just like the final worlds of Epic Yarn.
>>
>>340347327
Return to Dreamland also had to account for the fact that there could be 4 Kirbys. That's why there weren't color changes.

>Going in and taking damage for no reason just to kill a boss slightly faster
lol
>>
>>340391737
Return to dreamland is nothing like squeak squad. Sqeuak squad basically plays like amazing mirror without actually having a interconnectioned gameworld, which is way different from how Rtdl and TD play

Rtdl/trd plays slower, the level layouts are more linear and the actual enemy and block placements are simplier, and the game in general is just way easier.

>This is going to turn into some classicvania vs igavania bullshit, isn't it?

no, but I incidentally got into a 3 hour long argument with friends about what the definition of a metroidvania is a few hours ago
>>
File: 50048461_p2.png (29 KB, 149x146) Image search: [Google]
50048461_p2.png
29 KB, 149x146
>>340391479
I personally liked it but it's understandable that Triple Deluxe would get some dislikes, it's a lesser Return to Dream Land that doesn't really improve upon the previous games mistakes, doesn't make it bad but it's nothing too exciting. Also Robobot is worth shilling, it's a real improvement over Triple Deluxe. Basically in the end this comes down to opinions.
>>
>>340391901
Superstar, not squeak squad, ya git.
>>
I'm super autistic and loved all of the collectable keychains in KTD. Does Robobot have something similar?
>>
>>340392137
Yeah.
>>
>>340392137
The key chains are pretty much stickers now & the stickers can be placed on your brobot.
>>
>>340392165
Did they upgrade it to a full blown model viewer yet?
>>
File: good.jpg (544 KB, 850x869) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
544 KB, 850x869
I don't like 64.
>Crap ton of powerups!
But they're all very, very limited with what they can do, most only doing one thing and nothing else

>3D stages that turn around!
But the flat sidescrollers were much better

>Boss rush came back!
But there are only 7 real bosses, and one of them you don't fight in boss rush.

It's a fine game, I just don't think it's anywhere near the top 5. It has my favorite cast of characters, and the minigames are good shit, but the main game is really lacking. I like abilites with a lot of uses, like Parasol, or Whip, or modern Spark(mixed with Plasma). Needle is one of my favorite abilities, but it's sad to see it in 64 compared to the Dreamland games or in Triple Deluxe. Bomb is utter garbage by itself, but has some of the best powerups. Cutter is also garbage. No parasol, either.

I think Dreamland 3 did the ability mixing thing better, as did Squeak Squad. I wholeheartedly believe that Crystal Shards is in the bottom 3 worst Kirby games, along with Triple Deluxe and Dreamland 1. They're not bad, just not as good as the other installments. I wouldn't say any Kirby game is outright bad, even those 3 are solid 8/10s.
>>
>>340392219
That sounds awful
>>
File: Nows00.png (17 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Nows00.png
17 KB, 128x128
>>340392306
How? It's pretty much the same thing but has a little aesthetic use. The focus is more on promotional art instead of sprites used from previous games though. But hey, we get cute art like this.
>>
File: b5cb7d95e8[1].jpg (121 KB, 856x282) Image search: [Google]
b5cb7d95e8[1].jpg
121 KB, 856x282
>>340392237
Overall, I'd say the lack of abilities is what makes the game not as good. It's missing so many abilities that are considered standard by now, like Parasol, Hammer, Fighting, Ninja, Beam, and (Throw/Backdrop/Suplex/Beetle, whichever incarnation of that ability is present in the game). Surely Hammer could've been added in to the mix, right? Sledgehammer ability mite b cool.
>>
>>340392237
>Dreamland 1
>bottom 3
Opinion invalid. It's a masturfully designed platformer and its extra mode is a fun challenge, its focus and length work in its favor.
>>
>>340392394
He wants figurines like Shenmue's capsule toys.
>>
>>340347683
What if. WHAT IF.

Kirby is an entry point to platformers and it's made to appeal casuals and children and that's ok.
You're like asking why isn't there a kids version of god of war or an actual gameplay focused version of Uncharted's movie.
>>
>>340392237
>But the flat sidescrollers were much better
3D worlds with 2D gameplay was a better concept, and I loved that about Kirby 64. But of course Neo-Hal ditched the concept because it would be harder to pull off. Rest in peace, Kirby GCN.

>But there are only 7 real bosses
That's about the regular amount.

You're not wrong about the rest.
>>
>>340392796
You mean like how it was for literally just the first game before they moved on from that and kept building upon what they had?
>>
>>340350481
Super star ultra is better. But Squeak Squad is good but the original powers are not that good (seriously Bubble?)
>>
>>340347683
Kirby is made for children in Japan. That is it's biggest audience.
>>
File: king cat.png (46 KB, 117x164) Image search: [Google]
king cat.png
46 KB, 117x164
>>340347683
I feel the same way but with Pokemon.
There's a gold mine of potential there but Gamefreak are quite literally the laziest of devs and will never do anything with it that's out of their comfort zone.
>>
>>340349094
Why? Robobot is one of the best kirby games so far
>>
>>340347683
I really feel like the games are just rehashing the RtD formula too much. But aside from that they've hardly been "wasting" potential because there's never been a hard Kirby game since the extra mode in the first game.
>>
Hypernova and Dedede are easily the weakest parts of Triple Deluxe. Despite that it's still one of the better Kirby games out there.

>compared to Super Star, abilities have a bunch of tacked on filler moves but the physics make them less flexible and versatile
This I agree fin. There's a lot of moves I never even use because no situation calls for them such as Ninja's fan move or Circus' ball balancing and balloon blowing. Circus is still up there with Yo-Yo for my favorite abilities of all time.
>>
I don't understand what made Super Star any better. To me Kirby stopped being fun after DL2. I played TD/PR 100% but the fuck was so good about SS?
>>
File: brawl.png (387 KB, 923x352) Image search: [Google]
brawl.png
387 KB, 923x352
haha time for rosterfagging
>>
>>340395141
Metaknightmare isn;t much bteer.

I like Metaknight but it's just a flimsy excuse to pad the game again for an extra tacked on boss/es.
>>
My biggest problem with modern kirby games is how close the camera is, they need to fix that.
>>
>Kirby thread
>stays up overnight
lel
>>
>>340365454
>MK was hanging out with some used goods before he got the Galaxia
fucking cuck
>>
File: muhmagic.png (47 KB, 163x146) Image search: [Google]
muhmagic.png
47 KB, 163x146
>>340371048
NEVER EVER
>>
>>340346362
>Absolutely garish and boring aesthetic in the first 5 world but the gameplay is generally decent (pretty okay at best)

>every boss is fucking boring, repetitive, and wastes your time by hiding in the background,

I stopped reading there. Boy what shit opinions.
>>
File: 44053258_p0.png (488 KB, 597x630) Image search: [Google]
44053258_p0.png
488 KB, 597x630
>>340371048
Yo-yo, always & forever yo-yo. Leaf & wheel are up there though.
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.