[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 2 was better than Witcher 3. I just got to Novigrad,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2
File: witcher 2.jpg (21 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
witcher 2.jpg
21 KB, 300x420
Witcher 2 was better than Witcher 3. I just got to Novigrad, im 21 hours in. Witcher 2 only took me 15 hours to beat but its story kept me enthralled the entire time. Witcher 3 has a lame story by comoparison.
>>
The Baron's story line is great. The Ciri one is total crap tho.
>>
>>340345961
my favorite part so far is the encounter with the crones of crookback bog. they are really creepy. great character design.
>>
>>340345626

do it for johnny not ciri.
>>
Yeah but I think 3 really nails the "experience" aspect of RPG
>>
>>340345626
Yeah Witcher 3 has like 20 hours of awesome in 60 more hours of drawn out tedium. Also there are some terrible plot/story designs in witcher 3 like changing Radovid to le super evil bad guy tm and killing off Kalkstein and just not mentioning what the hell happened to Saskia, Seigfried ect.
>>
>>340345626
Witcher 3 is especially disappointing coming right after 2 because it shits the bed on all the plot points Witcher 2 sets up.

Witcher 2 has one of the best stories in all video game. Rarely does a game's story reach Witcher 2's level of intricacy and sophistication. It treats both its supject matter and the player with a level of maturity that no other RPG matches.

Still ADD faggots are going to shit up this thread because they couldn't pay attention to a complex plot and need everything spoon fed to them.
>>
Witcher 2 is literally the worst of the three.
>>
File: download (17).jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
download (17).jpg
7 KB, 259x195
Witcher 3 is a good game, but it's a terrible sequel to Witcher 2. It ignores or retcons 90% of it's plot, and the story makes no effort to follow the fascinating political intrigue, instead making a poorly written main plot dominated by magical end-of-the-world claptrap that's uninteresting to start with and completely falls apart by the end with an ending that is ME3-tier bad. It's able to survive thanks to a bunch of cool subplots you encounter along the way, like the Bloody Baron, but in general the game is a huge step down from it's predecessor in the story department, which is why I wasn't that fond of it in the end despite it being a good game.

TL;DR: OP is right, for once.
>>
>>340347528
W3=W1>W2
The political nature of 2 is the worst part of the game
>>
They're all equally garbage, find a new game to play and fuck off
>>
>>340347989
>t. ADD
>>
After playing Blood & Wine, did anyone else feel like being part of Nilfgaard is actually not so bad and if they ever do a NG+ they'll go for the "Emhyr conquers everything and Ciri is empress" ending

I think the Northern kingdoms being puppets of Nilfgaard would be much better for the common folk than letting Radovid or Dijkstra rule
>>
>>340346373
That bog has the highest density of atmosphere i've seen throughout the whole game. It was the point where I decided I was gonna keep going with it. That combined with playing on Death March and not being able to steamroll just yet made the area really imposing and somewhat sickening in places.

Wish the battle music there carried over to other places.
>>
>>340348132
3 seems to be on a whole pushing a pro-nilfgaard narative with them being depected as a much better alternative to the Northern Realms and Mad Radovid. Emyr is a total cunt in the book though, and Radovids Maddness is bullshit.

What does Toussaint even contribute to the empire? Wine? Why aren't their knights off fighting the war?
>>
>>340348125
Has nothing to do with ADD
>>
>>340348384
Then it has everything to do with Shit taste.

Articulate to me how exactly Witcher 3's story is better then 2's.
>>
>>340348382
Speaking of Radovid, it bothers me that they carry over your choice from Witcher 1 regarding Thaler's cameo in 3, but Adda never even gets a mention
>>
>>340348539
Neither does Anaies, even though her fucking mother is in. They dropped the ball on the northern kingdoms politics. Henselt being dead no matter what was bullshit too.
>>
>>340348537
Never said it was
>>
>>340348659
Yeah, that was my favorite choice from 2

I dissuaded Roche from killing him, thinking that my entire reason for this quest was to prove I wasn't a kingslayer and it'd be dumb to make myself one after all, and killing Henselt would just destabilize yet another kingdom and play into the hands of whoever was behind letho

It felt like a slap in the face when this choice isn't even carried over to 3, he's just handwaved with an ambiguous "he died on the front lines at some point", and on top of that one of the men in Roche's camp says "I heard you and our commander killed a king!"
>>
The books are better than the games. Might as well end it.
>>
>>340349031
Yep, literally the worst part of all this shit is that it would have been better with just a few extra lines of dialogue. Just have the Nilfgarrdian ambassador at the beginning say that Radovid and Henselt are in an uneasy alliance if he is a alive. Not perfect, but better then what we got. The consequences of Witcher 2's choices didn't have to be central to the story, I understand that would be really complicated and hard to do, but just ignoring them entirely completely sucks.
>>
>>340347989
It's not politics so much as the plot coming in small slivers in between lots of unimportant bullshit. It's easy to forget what's going on and what everyone's motivation is.
>>
>>340348059
Can you recommend some games just as good or better? I literally can't find anything to play after beating Blood and Wine
>>
>>340349330
>the books are better than the games

read em, no they aren't. they aren't bad but they're nothing special, and the first one was especially shit.
>>
>>340347003
It absolutely doesn't do that.
The game is hardly an RPG at all.
>>
>>340349330
The short stories and maybe the first novel are pretty good reads

The rest of the novels are slightly above average at best, the whole Ciri plotline just feels so incredibly generic and pulpy for something that's stretched over five novels
>>
>>340347003
what is the "experience" aspect of RPG?
>>
>>340349885
The Short Stories are great and the Saga starts out ok but gets worse as it goes on.
>>
>>340349667
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Nioh (when releases)
>>
>>340350126
what did you even like about the first book, i found it really boring
>>
>>340350158
And of course Bloodborne
>>
>>340350225
It felt like a breath of fresh air compared to other fantasy books, it had a pretty interesting world and I liked how a lot of the short stories drew parallels with old fairy tales

The only one in the first collection that I found a bit boring was The Last Wish, it just dragged on a lot
>>
>>340350158
Fucking knew it was a soulsfag
>>
>>340350158
>>340350241
Played Bloodborne, it was ok. Can you recommend me other games than just one?
>>
>>340345626
I agree. The story of 3 is tedium and the payoff is terrible. The DLC outshines the main game that's how bad 3 is.
>>
>>340350527
>just one
he gave you six.
>>
>>340350527
No, cause those are the only known good action rpg's
>>
>>340345626
Well, did you choose Roche or Iorveth
>>
>>340348872
>Never said it was
>W3=W1>W2

???
>>
>>340350743
If he doesn't like one, he's not gonna like the others
>>
>>340350851
>Story is now the only thing that matters
fuck right off
>>
>>340350743
They are the same game with a different skin, no thanks.
>>340350774
They are hardly RPG games, there's no story and almost no interaction with NPC's at all, They are arcadey hack'n'slash games.
>>
>>340350074
>/v/ tells me TW3 was a great RPG
>play it expecting something like FONV with lots of interesting different dialogue choices with actual consequences
>get a linear game thats about as much an RPG as some shitty nu-Bioware game

really disappointed about that but still enjoying the gameplay (which is not as shitty as /v/ keeps saying it is) and atmosphere
>>
>>340350980
>Muh stories
>Muh characters
>Muh character development
>Muh romantic encounters
Sorry, but we're talking about game's here. And not soap opera vagina shows
>>
>>340348659
Anais is mentioned in dialogue at least twice you retard
>>
>tfw trying to remember who you sold all your rare swords to for the vineyard weapon racks
>>
>>340345626
The Witcher 2 has the best combat in the series.
>>
>>340350964
m8 did you even see the posts you were replying to?

You replied to a post about story saying
>W3=W1>W2

And then proceeded to directly reference the story of W2 and the politics as being the worst part of the game.

The anon then continued to talk about story and you try and backpeddle as if you never said anything about the story.

No, you can fuck right off.
Dumb cunt.
>>
>>340351001
Same here, W3 is totally fine to play through once but that's it.
I was actually disappointed by the DLC's, they were quite boring.
>>
>>340348125
Sorry, can I impose on you for just a minute?

I was wondering if you could explain to me what the "t." in your post meant. I understand this is some kind of meme, as I've seen users on multiple boards post "t. (something" as a response, but I can't figure out what it means, and since it's just a letter it's too obscure a meme to research on google. Could you please help me out?
>>
>>340351553
It's some Finnish meme meaning something like >written by
>t mememaster
>>
>>340351108
>muh such hard games! Everyone can beat them!
>muh slogging around lifeless world slashing monsters
>le wacky random spider with face 2deep4me
>just turn off your brain bro and slash away!
>rolling around and stabbing bosses in their legs
>NPC's not even moving lips while talking, woah telepathy!
I honestly gave Bloodborne a try but deleted it after beating Rom, I would probably enjoy it more if I was 12 or smoking crack tbqh.
>>
>>340347989
This is the only correct post in the thread. TW2 was an absolute shitpile and aside from visuals was a step backwards from TW1 in almost every way.

I was pleasantly surprised with TW3 becasue I had pretty much written the series off after TW2.
>>
>>340351863
Yeah right, more like

>I honestly gave watching a Bloodborne let's play a try but dropped it after Rom, I would probably enjoy it more if I had turned 12
>>
>>340351553
t. = terveisin
>>
>>340352496
Nigga what, the Souls-inspired combat in TW2 was infinity better than TW1's rhythm shit. The only thing worse in TW2 was the horrid UI
>>
>>340352742
I literally bought it on sale on the ps store a couple of weeks ago.
>he doesn't like the only game I play
>he surely hasn't played it!
Kys you autist
>>
>>340352496
What? TW2 was still amazing, just not as good as the others. fucking retards think that just because I think one is better, the other is somehow shit. Fuck off with this shit
>>
>>340348382
>What does Toussaint even contribute to the empire? Wine?
They are a vassal state, they probably just pay taxes to Nilfgaard. Nilfgaard wouldn't press them anyways, in the books they say that even their intelligence service refuses to violate Toussaint's borders, making it a getaway for bandits.
>>
>>340351139
Thats a straight up lie
>>
>>340353143
Then you have shit taste and you type like an inbred mouthbreather. Go eat your moms moist pussy, it tastes like chicken
>>
>>340354145
soulsfags are the worst. We get it, you like your game like a raving fanboy
>>
>>340353153
No, I genuinely thought it was a bad game and that it was complete dogshit. Aside from it progressing the plot there wasn't a single thing I enjoyed about it whereas TW1 was one of my favorite games from its era.
>>
>>340354474
You have some weird taste anon
>>
>>340354145
Said the autistic neckbeard kek
>>
Just finished the main story of Blood and Wine, it definitely wasn't as good as Heart of Stone, but I still enjoyed it, I really enjoyed the expansion overall, it was a really nice send off for Geralt.
>>
>>340354257
Git gud
>>340354734
Toppest of keks
>implying I'm not a normie with a hot gf and a glorious full beard
>>
>>340354550
Or I might actually have perspective having played the first one when it was current. I honestly can't see what people like about TW2.

The worthless alchemy system?
Making time of day and meditation an afterthought?
Mashing light attack every fight and only using heavy strikes if the boss was bigger than Geralt?
The underwhelming signs?
Splitting the story for canned replay value?
The abysmal UI?
The awful skill trees?

I would honestly like to know how people can claim it was better than the other games.
>>
3=1>2

The story of 2 is the best and the characters are fucking fantastic.
However 2 has some really fucking horrible design decisions in the gameplay department. The menus, the potions, the combat. Christ
>>
>>340355908
A fair opinion. Honestly 2 is the best for me because I am only playing these games for the story, characters, and choice and consequence anyway. So long as the rest of it is serviceable, I don't give a fuck.

For me 2's story was so good that I have to put it above the others. Still enjoyed then, just not as much.
>>
>>340349667
Xenoblade X if you want something recent.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.