[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Citizen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: star-citizen1.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen1.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1080
When will it finish being developed?
>>
>>340343693
>>
As long as they're getting money - never. They'll just release new ships for people to buy.
>>
>>340345350
What makes you say that
>>
>>340343693
Circa 2020 they have a lot of ships to make anon
>>
>>340345821
Because that's what's happening.

They've gotten $145million so far, why finish a project that makes you that kinda money?
>>
>>340343693
2019 the very earliest.
>>
>>340346524
>Pulling $30mil out of your ass

Because they don't want to get firebombed by angry virgins?
>>
File: 1465343524839.gif (493 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1465343524839.gif
493 KB, 160x160
>>340343693
>implying that it's being developed
>>
>>340347798
It is though, slowly but surely
>>
>>340343693
Eventually reality will catch up and people will realize they could be buying real space ships instead
>>
>>340343693
>when will project be finished

Never, they cant meet a tenth of their promises let alone the 100+ systems and other features

>when will they finish developing

When the money runs out, which wont be that long given how they have wasted it thus far
>>
>>340343693
Seems like it will only be fun for about 4 days at most and then you will regret paying $600 for a ship. This game will flop so hard and only autists will play it.
>>
>>340348445
Why do you want this game to fail so badly?
>>
>>340343693
>When will it finish being developed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJoHlCc4Y7E&feature=youtu.be&t=23m30s
>Star Citizen is never going to be finished...

hope this helps :)
>>
>>340350003
I'm glad it won't ever be finished, then they'll keep improving and adding new features
>>
By the time it comes close to being finished it will be obsoloete and in need of an engine change.

It will be stuck in dev hell for many many years
>>
>>340350279
>Engine change
It's CryEngine bro
>>
I want this game to actually "finish" and release just to see the aftermath.

The unfathomable, astronomical amount of buyer's remorse and ihavemadeahugemistake.jpeg that will occur will be the most amazing thing I've witnessed in years.

I want this to come out really badly, just to see all of the tears, all of the backpedaling, all of the threats for lawsuits, all of the crying and whining about groups of people going around stealing other's ships.

Please release. I want to see the aftermath, seriously.
>>
>>340350938
And what if it's actually good
>>
>>340346524
here's a crazy idea: they release the game AND continue selling ships. Woah dude.
>>
>>340351070

The people who believe it's the most perfect video game ever released can think that all they want and enjoy themselves.

I just want to see the giant backlash that is sure to occur with those who don't think it's the most perfect video game ever.

Because there certainly will be one.

The buyer's remorse that will occur will be beautiful honestly.

The supremely desperate attempt at trying to eek out more then 3 months of game time by so many people after they've spent thousands on it.

It's going to be amazing, seriously.

I want this game to release so bad.
>>
>>340350938
>The unfathomable, astronomical amount of buyer's remorse and ihavemadeahugemistake.jpeg

won't happen. When people invest that amount of money, they're completely lost. Their mind won't let them believe that the game is bad. It's basically an extreme degree of choice-supportive bias.
>>
>>340350938
>game releases
>most people love it
>one forum post where one person complains about cherry picked and mostly irrelevant issues
>/v/ parades that post around like it is the paragon of truth and and most important post about the game of all time

This is what will actually happen.
>>
What you can do now is kinda cool for the games current state. I bought the starter package for $40 which includes the Aurora. So I joined the online thing where you go to the dock and request your deal. There was another player that started following and I was like whatever. So we end up both getting in my Aroura. The cool thing about it is that it has a little bed in the cot that you can sleep in, so he slept in there while I flew around. I flew kind of far from the station and then stopped and got out , me and the guy floated around my Aroura and just talked for a bit.
>>
I'm just wondering how fucking insanely hard it must be to grind one of those big expensive (thousands of burgerbucks) ships if you were to do it only using ingame mechanics. Probably really fucking close to impossible hard, just to keep milking the retards for their life savings.
>>
>>340351201

That wastes funds
>>
>>340351403
You forgot the part where
>Shitposters rampantly make shit up about the game or stretch existing faults and clutter the board as usual
>This is all regardless of the game's actual quality
>>
>>340351690
they need to waste SOME funds to keep the snake-oil seeming real.
>>
>>340351653
The idea is that tier of ship is something orgs will own, so really it wouldn't take that long.

Even ships you'll be able to get within minutes of the game cost a HUGE amount of real money now, that's just the way they are financing it
>>
>>340351925
$40 is a lot of money to you? It includes the starter ship.
>>
>>340351378
I cringed hard

It's like you have no idea the mentality of these people anyway. They are already getting a lot out of it by "supporting" the development.
>>
Dunno why people are butthurt it's already pretty fun. The flight mechanics are better than anything out there by far. The dogfighting is currently fun.

The Universe exploration area is technically more imprissive than almost any game out there. Waking up, going to a terminal to select a ship, going to the corresponding hanger, climbing in a ship with multiple friends, chilling inside as they get into a dogfight and you can see every movement and action the pilot takes as well as the outside dogfight through the windshield(spaceshield?), then walking out of the ship and into a space station, grabbing a gun off a rack and being able to shoot people. FFS it's a technological fucking marvel and it's barely done. How are people with tencho boners not already praising the game?

Then there's the racing which is fucking phenomenal. Using all that complex ship movement to get the fastest times possible without crashing. It's a more in depth racer than any racing game in existence.

The only downsides are the tons of bugs and performance issues which there is a possibility of fixing. Though I think it will always be a fairly buggy game even after release.

>Heres an RO2 screenshot. Look at the bodies piling up in the doorway.
>>
>>340352024
For an imaginary spaceship, yeah. Back in my day you didn't buy them with real money.
>>
>>340351748

That doesn't seem to be the case. People are buying ships for a game with barely any footage
>>
>>340352121
The performance is fucking AWFUL. I get like 30fps on low settings with my HTC 770
>>
>>340352121
>It's a more in depth racer than any racing game in existence.

Way to reveal you've never played a racing sim in your life

I agree that in some ways Star Citizen is already a technical marvel, but it is lacking severely in most other ways. It's still a tech demo at this point.
>>
>>340352162
You misunderstood me. You pay $40 for alpha, beta, and final access. The package includes the Aroura starter ship.
>>
I hate what this game turned people into.

Back in 2013/2014 when this game was in full hype mode, It turned the EQ2 guild that I was in into a privilege clique where you were granted "attention". Fucking guild wanted to focus their full attention and move everyone into Star Citizen like it was the next coming of Christ. They started asking for donations to eventually buy the Wing Commander which cost nearly 10,000 dollars. First they were okay with people not donating, but then they starting demanding that people buy a least a 75 dollars ship because they wanted an armada when the game came out, and if you didn't at least drop 10 dollars, they gave you the "Oh, I don't know anon... it feels as if though you really aren't dedicated to this guild and the members".

This game is literally cancer.
>>
>>340352237
I think they had weird serverside and CPU threading issues to fix. I'd get like 30 fps on high with 7870 XT a while back but 50 FPS in offline modes
>>
>>340352234
>barely any footage

there's tons of footage. I don't even support the game, but let's try sticking to the facts.
>>
>>340352234
>That doesn't seem to be the case. People are buying ships for a game with barely any footage

Are you retarded? You can PLAY the game right now, they've implemented plenty of features and are adding more every month. People are still wasting huge amounts of money on jpegs sure, but there are plenty of ships that are not just jpegs nowadays
>>
>>340351653

You can't fly the huge ships without at least a dozen or so people anyways. they're designed for corps.
>>
>>340352358
*10 dollars a week*
>>
>>340352358
sounds like its your guild that is cancer
>>
>>340352376
What the hell. Any idea what I can do to improve performance
>>
>>340352336
Yes I know. Why did you bring that up? I was referring to the costs of "starter" tier ships bought independently, some of which are more than $40
>>
>>340352297

I used to play racing sims cause my brother was all about that. But they don't compare. This has lateral and vertical movement. You can be pointing in one direction and flying in the other using your jets. You can race upside down ffs. No racing sim is as complex except maybe that crazy ass f1 racer that action f1 pilots use.
>>
>>340352481
nice, can't be a lone wolf. Some 12 year old faggot clan will just rape you with the ship they bought with their parents credit card.
>>
>>340352536
Oh right, I thought you were talking about the Aroura. One costs like $1000 but it's fucking cool. It has a little bar in it and bunk beds and shit.
>>
the last 10 for the devs was pretty good. There's lots of cool stuff being worked on but it's always like "laying the foundation" or "building things out so it's easier in the future" blah blah blah

the game could be amazing but it's on a 5+ year dev cycle

anyway the procedural planets look awesome and they are supposed to have many different types and biomes in the works
>>
File: OH3RTEN.png (638 KB, 1120x537) Image search: [Google]
OH3RTEN.png
638 KB, 1120x537
>People are dropping literally 10's of thousands of dollars into this game when you can easily buy a speedboat or a rent a yacht for a couple of years in a yacht club with that kind of money.

Why are nerds so fucking retarded?
>>
>>340352586
I'll be your friend. There's room for two in my Aroura ;) the cot can get very comfy
>>
>>340351201
Because the "show your dedication and support by pledging to us and making this game possible and get a free ship as a gift" narrative is the only thing keeping the world at large from turning on them when they sell mostly nonexistent ships for quintuple digits
>>
>>340352540
It also has no tuning, atmospherics or anything like the friction, types of tiers etc that you can get in the most basic of sims. The way it simulates thrusters is nice but until we can customise that its laughable to go as far as you are.

It's also in no way the first full 6DOF racer.
>>
>>340352654
>when you can easily buy a speedboat or a rent a yacht for a couple of years in a yacht club with that kind of money.
They probably already did, you're just poor.
>>
>>340352121
It must have gotten a lot more impressive since the open beta I played around December. It was like a fucking gmod server, just with better graphics.
>>
>>340352532
what's your cpu? mine is 4690k at 4.3 GHz

you should have a user.cfg. The /vg/ thread and RSI forums have templates and stuff. There are settings to reduce quality for physics, sound, etc.

mine just has:
r_MotionBlur = 0
g_radialBlur = 0
r_DepthOfField = 0
r_FullscreenWindow = 1
r_VSync = 0
>>
>>340352790
they can continue that sales pitch by promising DLCs.
>>
>>340352654
They're obviously rich fags. I don't agree with what they spent it on but when you can through that kind of money around they obviously don't care
>>
>>340352882

Ya I was being a bit much i guess. But what racing games, especially flying ones, have "tuning, atmospherics or anything like the friction"

If there is a game with 6DOF that incorporates those things I will be impressed

Yes im moving the goal post incase someone says it.
>>
>>340353008
i5 3570k OC'd to 4.2
>>
>>340352946
There's a gallery floating around of people talking about how they barely have money for food because of all the money they've dumped into spaceships
>>
>>340353371

Not as many people starving from buying ships as there are people starving from buying lottery tickets.
At least the former will, eventually, see something for the money they put in.
>>
File: v2F04.png (307 KB, 600x253) Image search: [Google]
v2F04.png
307 KB, 600x253
>>340352121
Fuck the flying mechanics and the dogfighting.

The only time I developed an interest in this game was when I heard that on top of the dogfighting, you can also have fire fights and board ships.

Was so looking forward to having that flying dork, who was forced into piloting the slow ass ship because he is a fucking dork, anchor me and a bunch of teammates into an enemy ship and blasting our way into the cockpit or into the commander's deck of the Wing Commander mothership.
>>
File: Combateer.jpg (738 KB, 814x5401) Image search: [Google]
Combateer.jpg
738 KB, 814x5401
/v/ is poor
>>
File: 04kbaFl.jpg (15 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
04kbaFl.jpg
15 KB, 500x383
>>340349995
Not him but I actually wanted it to succeed really badly.

Since 2.0 has come out though it's obvious they cant implement their features nearly fast enough for the game to be completed in the next few years.
>>
File: 1410235591566.jpg (27 KB, 415x458) Image search: [Google]
1410235591566.jpg
27 KB, 415x458
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ships
Why didn't they first make the game, THEN start working on/adding shitloads of different spaceships?
>>
>>340354694
The ship detail and fidelity is their main selling point. They had to sell that first to crowd fund.
>>
>>340354694
because getting people to spend thousands on ships in the guise of funding the game is how they make their money
>>
>>340354810
This. They have to pay the developers somehow
>>
File: SC referral.jpg (191 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
SC referral.jpg
191 KB, 1280x719
Reminder that Shart Citizen shills get free shit for getting people on board with their game.
>>
They were caught plagiarizing a stock photo for advertising one of their ships. They have removed said photos from buccaneer pledge page after this mess surfaced.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/452023/tutorial-how-you-make-promo-artwork-for-spaceship
>>
>>340355187

Reminder that every online game ever made has done this.
>>
>>340355187
Referrals are a pretty common business tactic used by tons of different businesses, but it's not okay when Star Citizen does it?
>>
>>340355296
Cant afford 20 bucks for a stock image really?
>>
>>340343693
(never)
>>
>>340355592
Not the best business practice, yeah.
>>
>>340351403
>game releases
>most people love it
That's what? 30% of the spectrum of released games? And if we restrict to games with long production cycle?

>this time will be different
I'm with the other guy, i wanna see it release. I don't want it to fail. But i just know it will. Time is a hell of a teacher, and this game won't break any dogma. Nothing in it transpire confidence.
>>
>>340355592
The employee probably did it. Supposedly CGI is a terrible place to work, I could easily believe somebody giving zero fucks after getting a shitty deadline out of nowhere from CR or his wife.
>>
so /v/ did you back the game? how much money did you put in?

$30 I think that's money will spent..compared to the other games I have
>>
>>340357309
$40. And that's all I'll spend. IDC how I have to grind. This game is cozy as fuck that. I stalked some guy to his hornet and climbed the ladder to get in. You can actually walk around the ship while they're flying
>>
File: 1372648871509.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1372648871509.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>340343693
When it's cancelled they will have to shut down /v/ because the amount of trolling and butthurt will span the galaxy
>>
File: Reliant_Pit3.jpg (345 KB, 1907x1049) Image search: [Google]
Reliant_Pit3.jpg
345 KB, 1907x1049
>>340357309
I have a Mustang Beta and a Herald. Might CCU the Mustang to a Reliant since 'tall' ships get my dick rock hard.
>>
File: 1465264736316.jpg (69 KB, 386x472) Image search: [Google]
1465264736316.jpg
69 KB, 386x472
I still want to play Squadron 42 but I'll be honest House of the Dying Sun and No Man's Sky both look more focused and better at their individual goals than the clusterfuck of scope creep Star Citizen turned into. Now if they let you wife Scully all is forgiven.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHV39ahRWi4
>>
daily reminder elite: dangerous is better
>>
>>340354694
>making a spaceship game without spaceships
>>
>>340357925
Its really not.
>>
>>340357925
>>340358038
since one game exists and the other is a really shitty alpha demo.. yeah. by default even x:stillbirth is better.

but man does E:D suck.
>>
Never. Star Citizen is the new DayZ: trapped in an endless over-ambitious development quagmire.

Or they might panic from loosing public interest: and release the game way too late in a much smaller and limited version than what was originally promised, that will only serve to accelerate the declining interest and bury the game for ever.
>>
>>340355592
>20 bucks for a stock image

lol?? why pay $20 for a pic of a random lady
>>
>>340357309
$80 for avenger package. Worth it since I autism'd on this game for months but the avenger didn't really turn out how I wanted. I'd just get the basic package.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.