[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shadow of mordor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art.jpg (36 KB, 401x481) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art.jpg
36 KB, 401x481
Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Shadow of Mordor?
>>
Oh yeah that game happened I guess
>>
Boring repetitive hack n slash game. The setting sucks ass too. Mordor? They had a chance to recreate Middle Earth with next gen graphics and they chose the fucking gate of mordor instead
>>
>>340338465
great game, really cool innovative nemesis system or whatever it's called superb graphics, good music, really good voice-over, world was a bit dull but still felt kinda alive. I liked it
>>
>>340338465
A game with arkham combat can't be good in my eyes. Pretty much period.
>>
>>340339125
must suck to be you missing all those great fun games
>>
>>340338465
Not the most incredible game. I had fun platinumed it but it wasn't super incredible. but the nemesis will improve games for the next dozen years or so if it catches on.>>340338525
>>
Nemesis system was pretty neat.
>>
Woefully underwhelming for the acclaim it received. The nemesis system might have been more interesting if it affected anything other than yet another fucking shithead orc. The enemy and environment variety was just depressing.

And the Asscreed/Banham combat system really needs to be put out of its misery already, it's long outstayed its welcome.
>>
>>340339251
Combat is one of the most important things in a game to me so those games are nearly worthless in that regard.
>>
The combat is incredibly fun and satisfying, but gets pretty boring after a while. I've had fun playing it again every few months.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
YOU WILL OBEY!
>>
>>340338465
Great for what it was. Picked it up for 20 bucks, and I feel it was well worth that.

I liked the nemesis system. But it wasn't very challenging. Felt like a theme park. I'd like a better implementation of the system in a game.
>>
I thought it was fun. But I'd prefer to play as an Orc. That would be remarkably more fitting than some random Ranger with superpowers.
>>
Initially very fun, but gets boring after a while. Bright Lord dlc was fun too.
>>
>>340339795
That would be really cool! I thought the combat was good. The most impressive aspect was the nemesis system. I would love to see other games outside of middle earth try it.
>>
>>340338465
repetitive heep of shit.
>>
Would have been vastly improved if it didn't keep generating Orc commanders after a certain point. Every time I got close to wiping them all out a load of new cunts spawned who were all fresh of the boat from Mordor and essentially cannon fodder. The nemesis system may work well in something like Dynasty Warriors perhaps
>>
One of the most boring and overrated games released in recent years.
>w-wow n--nn-nemesis!!
Fucking casuals, I swear. I think it's a neat little addition, but people made it out to be the most hyped shit.
>>
Gets boring fast after a few hours. Never bothered finishing it.
>>
>>340340469
You're not one to talk, Geralt
>>
The game is most difficult at the beginning when you have no abilities. As you get closer to the end, the whole game feels like you're invincible, except for random captains who have total immunity to everything. As a result, the combat feels so mechanical and put the square shape in the square hole kind of thinking that it doesn't feel like combat at all.
>>
>>340340525
So your issue with it is other people thinking it's good? Would you have liked it if other people thought it was bad? Am I reading your post correctly?
>>
>>340341529
No, you are reading it entirely wrong. Try again.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.