[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does dark souls 1 still hold up today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: dark-souls-artorias.jpg (503 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-artorias.jpg
503 KB, 2560x1440
I really love the souls games but honestly I've never beaten dark souls 1. I played it when it first came out but for some reason stopped and then never played it again.

Does it still hold up gameplay wise and graphically? I heard that the movement is only 4-directions which seems like it could make the gameplay very annoying, although I really want to play this game
>>
How about you fucking play the game
>>
>>340338331
Well I don't wanna pay money for something that I might regret
>>
>I really love Souls games
>Even though I haven't played this Souls game
>Should I play this Souls game?

Fucking christ off yourself if you can't even think simple things on your own
>>
first half is good, second half is garbage, most the ost forgettable, only a few bosses are decent, worst combat in the series, good atmosphere, some great areas, most.. again completely forgettable. the level design for the first half of the game is incredible but towards the seconds half, like every other aspect it completely falls apart.
graphically? its ugly, its a souls game.
DS1 is a 6/10, completely overrated. very worth playing just for the first half of the game though
I say all this as someone who previously considered the game a "masterpiece" but replayed it recently with my nostalgia goggles off
>>
It has the best balance of the entire souls series (in PVP) but that's not saying much.

That is, if the P2P netcode doesn't get in the way of your fight.
>>
Greatest game ever made
>>
DS1 with DSfix in 1080p is the best in the series.
>>
I like it the most because you can't just teleport everywhere. When you explore an area it's a big adventure full of risks. You really don't want to go someplace that's hard to return from without lots of resources. But even then I think it's kind of fun to try and escape the hopless situation you find yourself in, like getting cursed.
But yeah, the combat is kind of shitty and poise is absolutely retarded. Basically if you're wearing the strongest/heaviest armor you can find you're practically invincible. Even if boss monsters are strong enough that their attacks don't just tickle you, they aren't strong enough to stun you out of your attacks or drinking.
>>
File: 1463604100259.jpg (2 MB, 2891x1927) Image search: [Google]
1463604100259.jpg
2 MB, 2891x1927
>>340339887
>>
>>340338547
Good god go outside you fucking sperg
>>
>>340340120
>I like it the most because you can't just teleport everywhere
warping.
>>
It's still the best because it doesn't have all the additional arbitrary limitations on invasions.
>>
>>340339673
Alright I believe you. Should I play DS1 or go back and try to beat DS2. I never played the DLC of 2 which I heard were really good so I was thinking of going back and doing that
>>
>>340340456
at least try the first game, the first half, despite all its problems, is well worth playing. dont worry if you dont finish it, though you might enjoy the latter half or at least find it beareable.

the dlc for 2 is better than the actaul game for the most part, so if you enjoyed DS2 then yeah, have fun.
>>
i started playing it for the first time recently, just beat o&s, it definitely holds up.
the worst thing by far is when the crypticness goes too far. illusory walls with really important things behind them, or the return to undead asylum.
>>
yes, I was literally just playing it. Just got to seathe, cutting his tail off is such a hassle
>>
>>340342280
>definitely holds up.
>only at anor londo
>>
Still my favorite one to go back and play.

The 4 direction thing is a weird thing to hear, maybe it was from someone who played on PC wit ha keyboard or something dumb.
>>
>>340342715
>2nd half is dogshit meme

jesus christ give it a rest we get it, you parrot other peoples opinions
>>
>>340343454
yes, everyone is a retarded memer and this is all a conspiracy to discredit FROM. thank god true intellects and independant thinkers like you still exist.
>>
>>340338203
yes it does
classic game that aged good
>>
>>340343732
You're digging yourself a pretty deep hole for yourself arguing that this board is anything but a congregation of retarded memers
>>
>>340339887
you know what is shit about ds on pc?
even with the fix , if the monitor isn't exactly 60hz dark souls will lose its shit on the vsync option and run in 10 fps
>>
I bought it when it came out and never played it seriously till last christmas. I beat it, then beat it NG+, then created two new characters and beat it again with both. It does hold up. Even with things like Ceaseless, Bed Of Chaos and that Centipede, it does hold up.
>>
>>340344180
Unlock the frame rate with dsfix then force triple buffering
>>
>>340344313
>bed of chaos
>expect some kind of nightmarish platformer
>die 4 times and then kill the core in 1 hit
I was let down.
>>
>>340338203
I played it for the first time only a few weeks ago, after playing through Bloodborne and DaS3. It really is amazing, even today. I couldn't put it down. I'd say I found it better than 3, but I personally preferred the setting of Bloodborne.
Still, DaS is a great game, even by today's standards. Go play it, OP.
>>
>>340338203
It's one of my least favorite and I've played them all. All the insecure defensive posts in this thread ought to be a red flag for you, imho desu senpai
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.