[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /v/'s thoughts on Rafe Adler as a character/villain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: rafe.png (395 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
rafe.png
395 KB, 500x606
What are /v/'s thoughts on Rafe Adler as a character/villain?
>>
pls reply
>>
He looks like Jake Gyllenhaal in Prisoners
>>
I liked him. Much better antagonist than random incinvible nigger slut.
>>
he did nothing wrong
>>
>>340326898
He'd probably look really good if his hair wasn't messy like that
>>
File: 0422.png (210 KB, 599x457) Image search: [Google]
0422.png
210 KB, 599x457
>>340326898
>Whole motivation is finding the treasure
>Wants to kill you so you aren't in his way
>Finds the treasure
>Still wants you dead
>>
>>340330174
He didn't really need the treasure. It was all about the glory for him, and he especially hated Drake for discovering more lost cities than he ever would.
>>
>>340326898
Great villain really memorable for me, their banter was slick but he engineered his own demise in his riches
>>
So far best villain of 2016. They really nailed it with his look and voice. You just love to hate him.
>>
He's a fantastic character/antagonist.

Naughty Dog really are masters at characterization.

Uncharted 4 10/10 would definitely purchase a Neo remaster at full price.

Not even b8ing. I would actually buy it again because it's that good. No. I do not care what you think about that. Go be poor somewhere else.
>>
His design is bland as fuck but he has a neat personality
Not Lazarevic tier but Rafe would be the second best
>>
>>340326898
Pretty good villain. I liked the backstory between him, Nate and Sam
>>
>>340332576
UC4 is peak graphics...I doubt neo would make any difference...
>>
>>340334375

60fps
>>
>>340334708
uhh eye can't see above 24 retard
>>
>>340332576
>masters of characterization
Haha what!?
It's just Hollywood stereo typing without a cohesive back story. Take your mouth off the Sony dick for a second and expand your horizons. Any person that's experienced life long enough knows exactly how cookie cutter the uncharted franchise is.
>>
>>340326898
handsome
>>
I think he was really well acted, he pisses you off just the way he should. Certainly the best antagonist in the series.
>>
>>340335023

Why are you getting so mad?

Naughty Dog does the best characterization in videogames, as they've proved with Uncharted and TLoU.

No other developer does it as well as ND. They are in a league of their own when it comes to that shit. I'm sorry if this upsets you. I guess you'll just have to deal with it.
>>
>>340326898
He was pretty shit. He just felt like a lazy way to facilitate Nathan and Sam's le character drama.

Uncharted 4 was boring. It wasn't an Uncharted game. It actually geeky like it was trying desperately not to be an Uncharted game.
>>
>>340335690
*Felt

Stupid autocorrect
>>
>>340326898
I very desperately wanted Brendan Fraser to portray him
>>
Any /v/ lobby up? No mic lobby pls.
>>
>>340332576
U4 is a 6 to 6.5 out of 10. I played it twice. The whole fucking "game" is a slog
>>
>>340336221

Graphics alone make it an 8/10. You mad.
>>
>>340335891
>Fraser accidentally says Dwayne instead of Drake
>>
>>340336394
NDrones ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>340336449

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Nigger, I will such ND's dick and lick its balls because they make games that I fucking really love playing.

Stay mad.
>>
File: 1465278238518.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1465278238518.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>340336631
Holy shit
>>
He was pretty one dimensional, no real character development, just wanted some treasures... Boring.
>>
>>340336631
How are graphics alone 8/10. Graphics are the only thing it has going for it besides a couples story elements. The pacing is shit. Out of 13 hours you are shooting 1. The first half is terrible
>>
>>340326898
i really liked him.

and he's handsome af, god damn
>>
He did nothing wrong. Also, ending was complete, predictable shit.
>>
>>340326898
Literally who?
>>
>>340326898
Cliche villain with equally cliche death.
>>
Generic rich boy. Even the characters in the story are fine with leaving that as his only trait. This game in a lot of ways is simply incomplete as a final send off.
>>
Just felt like a stripped down Flynn. Not as bad as Talbot though.
>>
Honestly a pretty great villain. Really good foil to Nate. Should have cut the dumb nigger mercenary out to flesh his past friendship with Nate out more though.
>>
I hated how messy his hair was in the ending. Looked like a generic Japanese androgynous character.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.