[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VR Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: vive.png (26 KB, 539x202) Image search: [Google]
vive.png
26 KB, 539x202
So I just ordered my Vive, there's a handful of games I already know I want to play, what else does /v/ suggest? Anything that supports multiple people playing in some shape or form is also cool as I have people over 2-3 times a week.
>>
>He fell for the meme
>>
>>340324120
>he too poor to join the fun
>>
>>340324308
Not to poor, don't be salty you fell for the latest ginmick.
>>
>>340324572
You've got the salt and an abandoned salt mine between your ears.
>>
>>340323923
>there's a handful of games I already know I want to play
>what else does /v/ suggest?
>what else
you could have listed the ones you were already planning to play.

Good Experience Tier:
>Job Simulator
>Tiltbrush
>Modbox
>Kismet
>Chunks
>The FOO Show

Good Games Tier
>Windlands
>Budget Cuts demo
>Audioshield
>The Lab
>Portal Stories VR
>Pool Nation VR
>Cloudlands VR Minigolf
>Elite Dangerous

Lewd
>waifu sex simulator
>NEKOPALIVE
>3d custom maid 2
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/search/#vrsupport=101

Have fun m8

Don't let the NEETs who don't have enough welfarebux to even buy games drag you down.
>>
>>340323923
m8 you'll want to look into vorpX's supported catalog to see if any of that interests you
>>
>>340325318
Underage detected, this explains everything.
>>
>>340326192
not him but you sound like you're from reddit and trying to shitpost on my board.
>>
>>340325413
This is true but your list covered most of em and has some new for me to check out. As for lewd you're forgetting the most important of them all... MMD!

>>340325741
I've used VorpX and Tridef with my DK2 so yeah there are quite a few I'll be jumping into that arn't native VR.

>>340325514
How did I miss this..?!

>>340324120
VR is a great experience if you've the hardware & budget for it. Not really a meme when you're having countless hours of fun.

Now, I'll need to look into it but... Did Tridef and VorpX add Vive support.. and how functional is it
>>
>>340326704
VorpX has Vive support. About 50% of the catalog has headtracking support.

Dunno about tridef.
>>
>Buying vr now when it is at its worst

Yeah you might get some fun out of it but 600-800 dollars worth of fun? Maybe in 2-3 years it might have a decent library and may be worth the price, anyone buying now is just getting an expensive dust collector.
>>
>>340327338
>Dolphin supports VR
>Vorpx and Tridef allow almost every first person perspective game to do VR
>DaS3 already has a VR mod

I dunno anon, that's a lot of content if you ask me, without even looking at the -actual- VR games. I think it depends on the person if it's worth the cost.
>>
>>340328189
Name me your top 10 vr games.
>>
>>340328356
Based off my experience with a DK2

>Twilight Princess
>GTA V
>Fallout 4
>Elite Dangerous
>Dirt Rally
>Vanishing of Ethan Carter
>DaS2 VR mod
>Ark
>Alien: Isolation

are some of the more memorable ones, pretty much any open world game that has a first person view is pretty awesome to just go exploring in, it'll be nice to get a consumer model without as much setup hassle though.
>>
People trying to convince others not to buy in or calling them stupid are the worst.

If it weren't for the early adopters of this, the better hardware and software in a few years wouldn't even exist. If people weren't buying into it, then the market will just deem it a failure and let it die, AGAIN. Another generation will then be delayed, again. Disagree with the decision making, but why try to fight it? Do you think you're doing good by trying to convince people that they're wrong and you're right? Why the fuck should you care? They have nothing to do with you. You don't know them in real life. They're just pieces of text on a screen.

/endrant
>>
File: 1461088643593.gif (927 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
1461088643593.gif
927 KB, 250x230
>>340327338
>Maybe in 2-3 years it might have a decent library

Anon, in 2-3 years it's going to be in the closet collecting dust on top of the Wii
>>
>>340329024
fuck man i desperately need a good PC and a VR set so i can just cruise around los santos and forget the world entirely

fuck me i need to win the lottery
>>
>>340329024
So games that are good and not built solely for vr just the gimmick thrown on. Why pay 800 dollars to play games I already have in a different view? Maybe name some games that are built for vr that show the best of the product, but you didn't pick any of them because they are all indie shit on level with the fucking kinect right?
>>
>>340329373
>Wii collecting dust
It's like you don't have friends, anon... I'm sorry.

>>340329142
Anon, people told me the same shit when I dropped $2500 on a film drone like 8 years ago. Now they're an industry standard and a hobbyist niche. The people here fighting VR, arn't gamers. They might have been at one point, but they've obviously lost that sense of wonder when trying out a new game or way to play a game. I just feel bad for them.

As for cost well, if I don't end up using it, I don't really feel too bad, $900 isn't exactly a lot of money to me.
>>
File: welcometoofit.png (153 KB, 800x3000) Image search: [Google]
welcometoofit.png
153 KB, 800x3000
>>340323923
This post reminds me of pic related
>>
>>340329787
Could you possibly be any more arrogant

Fucking puffed up faggot
>>
File: speccy3.png (46 KB, 732x628) Image search: [Google]
speccy3.png
46 KB, 732x628
>>340329715
I'm not a sales person anon, I have no reason nor inclination to convince you to buy it? That's not what this thread is for, fuck off.

>>340329579
Couple more years and it'll be a lot more affordable anon. I expect zero performance issues with my build, if there are any I shall be sad.
>>
>>340325413
This.

Also Hotdogs, Horseshoes & Hand-grenades if you're /k/
>>
>>340329787
>lost that sense of wonder

Yeah, this. I hate how people are so close-minded, lack imagination, and in general act like children. Unfortunately that's the majority of people too. Society's made up of a lot of idiots and although the work I do may improve the situation, I'm still pretty mad, and always will be.
>>
>>340329976
>Idon'treallygetit

>>340330106
Arrogant because I have money and enjoy my hobbies? Uh... Okay. Sorry you don't experience fun in your life. Maybe you should do something about that instead of shit posting on /v/.

On another note, best VR archery? Is it still the Valve mini game one?
>>
>>340330108
>I'm not a sales person anon, I have no reason or inclination to convince you to buy it? That's not what this thread is for, fuck off.

Yet you had no problem naming your first list of games. Thought so.
>>
>>340330597
Going into /fit/ asking for tone for summer gets you hate
Going into /v/ asking for VR games for a pricey headset could get similar results
>>
>>340330597
>On another note, best VR archery? Is it still the Valve mini game one?

Probably. I'm surprised no one has made a deeper game with archery yet, like you know in a less arcade-y type game like Hover Junkers. Seems like a no brainer to me. Then again deeper games are lacking in general.

Raw Data might be a good contender though. The demo I played of that game was fun as fuck.
>>
>>340330620
That was a legitimate question. The rest of your posts are pretty pointless and not adding up to any form of conversation I'm interested in.

>>340330504
Maybe it's because I work in a creative field. VR is just a new way to experience one of my hobbies. It also helps I have all the equipment to shoot 360 perspective video which I think I'm going to get into once my Vive gets here.
>>
>>340330925
>Raw Data might be a good contender though

Looks interesting, I'll keep an eye out on it. So far it looks like Holopoint is going to be my best choice, something ill probably pick up.
>>
>>340331725
My favorite thing about Raw Data is how it's not just about one thing. It has a range of weapons from guns to swords, has a real story, has multiple different enemies, co-op, bot allies, and just in general a lot of creativity. It's probably my favorite of the wave shooter games I've played in VR.
>>
>>340332386
I just wish the devs would launch Early Access already.

Waiting months to play has been suffering.
>>
>>340332386
>>340332591

Also they nailed the style and feel. Atmospheric to the roof with the art assets, animations, and music. It does make you feel badass how you can whip around pistols and do tricks, pump shotguns, charge up your bow. Also that Skynet influence, which I confirmed in my talks with the developers. I'm so hyped for this game.
>>
>>340323923
> Nobody has yet mentioned H3VR
Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
Look it up, VR gun sim, shit's the balls
>>
File: PSVR da good life.jpg (246 KB, 1500x819) Image search: [Google]
PSVR da good life.jpg
246 KB, 1500x819
I'll just wait for October

I'm genuinely excited to play Thumper, and Dreams seems like the best VR modeling program by a mile, I think I'll spend a good hundred hours on that alone, being an artfag and all

I will get a PC HMD on the 2nd gen when they'll be actually worth the price and their resolution will be good enough for desktop and (serious)Zbrush use
>>
File: 20160523051425_1.jpg (288 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160523051425_1.jpg
288 KB, 2560x1440
The Lab is nice.
>>
>>340333083
Only issue with PSVR is they already said it's going to be ass on PS4, you'll need a PS4Neo to use it properly. So you're going to be out of pocket over $800.

I -might- still get PSVR but this really rubs me the wrong way Sony...
>>
>>340333221
You got that one right

Reminds me of the Duke Nukem Forever scene
>>
>>340333221
It makes me wish Valve made a full on balls to the wall VR game instead.
>>
>>340324120
Go away if you're not going to contribute
>>
>>340333482
What's worse, the experience is absolutely going to be inferior to PC, considering the worse graphics, worse resolution and lack of user-made mods and VR games.

And no roomscale either, which sucks. Still, it's $800 vs $800 + 1000. But if you already have a gaymen rig, there is literally no reason to go PSVR.
>>
>>340333482
>Only issue with PSVR is they already said it's going to be ass on PS4, you'll need a PS4Neo to use it properly.

They did? That's news to me. Got any links?
>>
>>340330250
>>340333010
ctrl+f

Yeah H3VR is pretty good. Wish there were more breaching levels, and actual AI enemies.
>>
Chrysalis Pyramid (free)
BLARP!
WEARVR Ghibli Demos
>>
>>340323923
VorpX let's you play literally hundreds of pre-existing games and Steam has a dozen pages of VR titles if you do a search with the VR tag. A lot of them are free and a lot of them are shit or just short little gimmicky demos but hey the damn things haven't even finished shipping yet
>>
>>340332754
>which I confirmed in my talks with the developers

Did you meet them at a conference or do you have some connections?
>>
>>340334558
Both, actually. I live pretty close to their HQ.
>>
>>340334759
Tell those bitches to hook up more YT channels with alpha keys.
>>
File: Thumper 1.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Thumper 1.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>340333482
A guy from A studio said he thinks it's shit.

Yet, we have plenty of footage and impressions from this year's GDC (the most recent appearance, as far as I'm aware) of PSVR games running on the base PS4 in their unreleased state, and by all accounts the vast majority liked them just as much as any other VR game or HMD

>>340333684
Most games are aiming for the lowest common denominator, PC VR games included. Please don't bring the graphics masterrace when 90% of the current Vive library looks pretty underwhelming (graphically). And as we know that doesn't detract from the fun to be had in VR

I don't see anyone shitting on, or even slightly caring about the graphics of AudioShield, H3VR, BudgetCuts, or FantasticContraption, but when talking about PSVR all of a sudden high-end StarCitizen-tier graphics are the utmost important factor.

That's a pretty nasty double standard if I ever saw one.

As long as the VR market is niche, the vast majority of devs will want to target as many machines as possible, going low spec is the best way to ensure a slightly larger market and (hopefully) better sales. With the introduction of PSVR, that will become the target for most devs, to make their game run on it. As we know a lot of VR games already try to appeal to machines below the 970 minimum.

>But if you already have a gaymen rig, there is literally no reason to go PSVR.
I do and I'm still getting PSVR instead. It saves me around 600€ for the next generation of VR, instead of wasting that money right now on Vive only to skip out of the 2nd gen because I spent too much already.

PSVR is a cheap way to get in, play most of the same games as well as some bonus exclusives. Once things get more fleshed out and better options are presented I won't be have any guilt of wasted money. Vive is a robbery to get in most of Europe right now.
>>
>tfw poorcuck, but thrifty
>tfw can afford VR, but know I shouldn't
Being a saver is torture. I mull over every remotely significant purchase for weeks.
>>
>>340336915
I'm not telling you to waste money on things you think you don't need.

But if your'e the type of person who doesn't have expenses reliant on an income (aka you're a neet), you may as well spend it on things while you don't have responsibilities to worry about.
>>
>>340336584
I hope for your sake, and mine that the Ps4 is capable of it without upgrading to the Neo. I strongly doubt this will be the case in reality. I also worry you may be delusional due to believing....

>PSVR games running on the base PS4
Cause Sony has NEVER lied about this before, come on man you know thats a load of bull.

I won't be pre-ordering it as I'm sure some of my friends will, I'll see the quality of the product before giving them my money. Until then I will be very satisfied with my Vive.
>>
>>340336915
I'd saved the money for it six months ago, it wasn't until today, after seeing the demo at a local BB that I decided to pull the trigger. Shits fun, I think it'll make for countless hours of fun plus shit like tiltbrush with friends over is going to be fun.
>>
>>340337445
I have personally used it on a conference in my neighboring country last year. It was in a room where only a person (or group of persons, ie. journalist and his camera man / sound guy) would go in and try it out for 15-20mins.
The PS4 was nonchalantly on a table and they were using the old PSVR model (the one with 4 LEDs upfront instead of 5).

Unless they jacked up that devkit's specs, it was running on a PS4, there was no other machine within meters of it

Stop being so conspiratorial for once. One of Sony's main ways to push for PSVR dev support is the very appealing 40million current consumer base. It does run on current PS4's. You can't possibly think they would go forward with PSVR if it were to only work with PS4neo, which will forever only have 1/10 or at best 1/8th of the base PS4's consumer base.
>>
>>340337639
Thing is, my PC isn't quite up to snuff (running a 960), so I'd probably need to upgrade there as well.

I'll hold off for now, will probably reconsider when the new nvidia cards come out.
>>
>>340333221
>people pay 700 bucks for this
>>
>>340336915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0JTkBZdyw
Don't do it
Wait a few months or years until it's actuall good
>>
>>340340915
I actually watched the full stream (or at least the bulk of it) and that video is kinda cherry picking.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.