[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played WoW seriously since Lich King, but I gotta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1460580773557.jpg (364 KB, 1125x1374) Image search: [Google]
1460580773557.jpg
364 KB, 1125x1374
I haven't played WoW seriously since Lich King, but I gotta say Legion looks pretty cool. My main has always been a warlock too. Could this be a return of the BC glory days or should I just ignore it?
>>
WoW glory days were made up of a few key factors

-nostalgia
-the carefree lifestyle of being young with no real responsibilities
-wild-west internet with no datamining and misinformation/rumours everywhere
-server identity and community due to no CRZ or dungeon/raid finder

All of these things are gone now.
>>
>>340319201
I just started wow a week ago and I am having a fucking blast
the community is one of the best in online games

don't listen to the bullshit that dungeon finders killed community, you just need a good guild
the game is now also pretty streamlined and just fun to play

also where else do you have so much shit to do in a single video game
>>
>>340319804
Feels bad man ;_;
>>
>>340320232
Um, ok, Anon. A lot of us have been playing since vanilla, and actually know what is up.
>>
>>340320232
I think it depends on the kind of interaction you're going for.

With current WoD, you're going to need a guild if you want to meet people and chill. This is fine, but those that preferred to meet people out in the world, or in dungeon PUGS are long in the past.

I agree with the streamlining, there are so many tiny QoL adjustments that have been added over the years that make things much less tedious that they were before. This was especially noticeable when playing in a private server.

AoE looting, how did we get on without it?
>>
>>340319804
Pretty shitty post, you have to realize.

Just because you're an old pathetic fuck doesn't mean there aren't new, young and carefree people playing it. The world doesn't revolve around you.

"Wild-west internet" is a stupid fucking meme. The internet of 07 was very neatly structured and no different from today except games had cheats and social networking wasn't as cancerous.

"Server identity" is very much alive, as is the community on said servers. Of course, a jaded old faggot can't be part of it nor will he be invited to partake because all he does is complain about how everything used to be better, and nobody wants to listen to that garbage.
>>
>>340320232
>also where else do you have so much completely useless, aesthetic shit to do in a single video game that you pay monthly for in addition to several expansions and the base game, including microtransactions and international server matchmaking for dungeons and PvP
FTFY
>>
>>340320889
That's some pretty hard projecting there my friend.

I'm sure there's still some semblance of identity, there are definitely people that are "well known" on a given server. I don't think it's as tight knit as it was before.

I disagree about your observation of the internet circa mid 00's. Things were much harder to actually confirm then, there weren't as many trusted outlets and documentation was flimsy at best.
>>
>>340321230
Datamined WoW was also incredibly rudimentary at this time. Thottbot at best had, as I recall, some maps and mob spawn nodes.
>>
>>340321230
>Things were much harder to actually confirm then, there weren't as many trusted outlets and documentation was flimsy at best.
In reality, you were just a very dumb and gullible child.

Servers being tight-knight wasn't even a thing before they began with the cross-server shit. Before then you just played on your own and you enjoyed it, you didn't care if cunts from Magtheridon was winning battlegrounds all evening.

You didn't care about other servers period, there was only one server, the one you spent your time on and had your main on. But that doesn't in ANY WAY mean "tight knit".
And what you remember as "great community" was really barrens chat and chuck norris.
>>
OP here,

Got on Twitch to see what the community is up to these days. Apparently the English speaking world does not play this game at all anymore.

Goddamn it guys, I'll never get that magic back will I? I remember questing on my free trial mage and just being in awe of the people and places. As soon as I hit the lvl 20 cap I didn't hesitate to spend my last dime on getting the full game. Met many interesting people and had actual good times with them.
>>
>>340321630
At least your MMO type is still being made.
I played Ultima Online in the late 90's so imagine how I feel.
>>
>>340321561
I remember flame wars and guild rivalries on realm forums.

I remember world PvP wars that went on for hours.
>>
Protip. If you think complaining about how much better things used to be makes you look experienced and wise, rethink it and stop. It makes you look like a jaded asshole who can't enjoy anything because it isn't precisely like it was at the exact time when he was 13.

If you can find nothing more positive about the game, move on and cut it out of your life. Let the younger generations enjoy it for what it is and not having to listen to your ass whining. And if you don't even play any more, what's the point of wasting bile and time on bitching about something it really doesn't matter if changes or not?
>>
>>340321813
So do I.
And so what?
>>
>>340321561

The way you write sounds like your talking from experience, yet it's painfully obvious you have no experience.

Servers were far more close knit than they were before, for precisely the reason that it only was one server. I don't see how you can possibly argue against that.

Data mining was nowhere near the spoilerific level of now. To say otherwise is simply false.

The content is streamlined now. Yes, it's simplified beyond all belief. It was never hard but ability pruning gutted everything that made playing a warrior fun.

You sound like their new demographic, congratulations on that.
>>
>>340321561
Yeah, if you're gunna disagree, you better have a coherent argument. Server communities can't be tight knit because there wasn't cross realm shit?

Literally looks like your bitching just to bitch
>>
What makes Legion cool ?
I've only seen that they reduce the spell number for each class
>>
>>340322621
>yet it's painfully obvious you have no experience.
Well, seeing as I've played since 2007 I guess it's not really that obvious at all.
You must feel incredibly stupid right now.
>>
>>340322742
You're the one bitching here, bitch.
Try to stop being such a bleeding pussy.
>>
>>340322403
I think those things were indicative of a close server community.

We seem to have different opinions, I doubt we can come to agreement here.
>>
>>340321630
Duh faggot, it's gone. Could you not tell from the thinly veiled "I MISS WOW" threads that literally have been a daily staple since 2011
>>
>>340321630
Have you considered moving on with your life?
>>
>>340322960
kek
>>
Anyone know any good private servers? I played a long time ago on a 4x XP server and had fun. Leveled up all the way. I think I wanna do it again.
>>
>>340322771
Cinematic, looks like a whole lot of demons and shit like BC.
>>
>>340323278
no
>>
Nice to see my uni up on /v/
>>
File: 1460385817018.png (152 KB, 400x433) Image search: [Google]
1460385817018.png
152 KB, 400x433
>>340319201
What the fuck do you even do with a degree in that? I can't even think of anything. It's like throwing g your money away.
>>
>>340324279
Professional privilege checker.
>>
>>340324279

Decided to look this up and there's this article states there 5 reasons you should get a degree in it.

>It’s on the right side of history.
>It’s relevant.
>It applies…to everything.
>What you don’t know actually does hurt you.
>Oppression knows no bounds. But the good news is that justice doesn’t either

It's pretty depressing, I'm sure burning money is ten times better than getting a degree like this.

http://pastebin.com/yZFVTHep
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.