[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to play this for the first time. What difficulty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
I'm about to play this for the first time. What difficulty should I start at? I've played a good amount of DnD but am generally awful at video games.

Anything I should know?
>>
ftp://ftp.kochmedia.com/pub/hotline/deepsilver/DungeonsAndDragons_Anthology/BaldursGate2-ShadowsOfAmn_EN.pdf
>>
>>340318695
That's actually super helpful, didn't get that with the digital download.
>>
File: Jan.jpg (21 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Jan.jpg
21 KB, 210x330
>>340319021
forget that, this here contains the basics
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/faqs/8566
After that, go here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150516235837/http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php/Baldur's_Gate
>>
I'll be honest senpai. Just read a fucking guide. I know it sounds like a casual way, but BG2 is just a kinda game that will mercilessly fuck you in the ass, rob you of important items, randomly kill/remove your party members, and lock you out of quests with no warning.
And don't bother with ToB, it sucks cock
>>
File: 1449167867988.jpg (70 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449167867988.jpg
70 KB, 800x800
>>340320041
Games used to be good-the post.
And I'm semi casual compered some fags here.
>>
>>340320041
I think I'm going to try and avoid a guide for my first time. If things go horribly off the rails, I'll probably look to one and try to salvage it.
>>
>>340320041
Are you sure we're not talking about Baldur's Gate 1? Its even more fucked in terms of fuckery, especially with lack of items can mean hampering your progress or making it more difficult to continue the story.
>>
VITA MORTIS CAREO
>>
buh?
>>
>>340318540
Take your fucking time to search every nook and cranny of the world once it opens up after the first dungeon. Atkaltha has a metric fuckton of side quests which are the best part of the game by far IMO. I'd even recommend to find a sidequest checklist to make sure that you see them all. Guide not recommended otherwise.

Save often and in different slots.

Also, the first dungeon is off putting to some. Power through that.

Read a story summary of BG1. You aren't missing much otherwise, as BG2 improved on every single aspect.

Lastly, power through the learning curve and learn the systems if you don't have experience with CRPGs. It will be fucking worth it because it's one of the best games ever.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.