[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unreal Engine 4 games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: header.png (400 KB, 700x342) Image search: [Google]
header.png
400 KB, 700x342
Why do game devs keep using Unreal Engine 4? It's everywhere now so most games using it look the same. Its just a shame how some games like >picrelated can just be weighed down by the engines flaws.
>>
ue4 games does not look the same, it's not ue3 anymore
>>
>>340317101
shame bump
>>
>>340317101
Wait a sec, I donated to this game's kickstarter but it failed. They're still working on it anyway? Fucking kikestarter cashgrab, those fuckers had the money to develop all along
>>
>>340317312
Its on Steam now... In early access.
>>
>>340317305
Look at cheap Unreal 4 games and you will see a pattern
>>
>>340317445
prove it
>>
>>340317101
My guess is, it´s cheap for the tools you get and those tools are good and offer a great workflow. personally haven´t opened unreal edit since ut 2004 but the videos I saw looked good in terms of what you could create and with relative ease.

>so most games using it look the same
now that´s MOSTLY not the engines fault but the fault of lazy devs who are using the standard settings and effects which come with the editor.
>>
>>340317407
Is it any good?
>>
>>340317445
>>340317305
Plus the ones that kinda look different (A Story About My Uncle is one off the top of my head) end up looking terrible. Just look at the animations.
>>
>>340317603
Kinda shit right now but people think its gonna get better. Lots of bugs and backers that got beta access say that stuff in the beta that was finished didn't even get in to early access. Lots of stuff like that.
>>
>>340317619
>Just look at the animations.
are you stupid? animation quality has nothing to do with engine itself
>>
>>340317761
In most Unreal Engine 4 games the animations look weird and unpolished. I don't really know if its because of the engine or not but it just seems like it.
>>
>>340317101
Why does /v/ipshits still pretend they know shit about engines?

>>340317312
They made an indiegogo, so no, they didn't have the money. Was it that hard to spend 5 seconds on google? Oh, right, it is, because you're a /v/ipshit who should consider suicide.
>>
>>340317761
that depends.
I figure unreal has a built in animation function, so if that would produce bad results because of god knows what limitations, it kind of would be the engine.
But I get what you´re saying.
>>
>>340317968
Tower Unite backer detected
>>
>>340317968
Stay mad, kiddo.
>>
>>340317101
It's the best engine widely available at the moment.

Honestly I'd rather use Frostbite but since I'm a poor faggot it's either Unity or UE4.
>>
>>340317924
>I don't really know if its because of the engine or not but it just seems like it.
yep you're stupid
devs make animations, not the engine
do street fighter v have bad animation? it's on ue4
tekken 7 is also on ue4
>>
>>340317924
>>340318039
????????

Paragon/Unreal Tournament have great animations.
>>
>>340318224
>do street fighter v have bad animation?
Yes.
>>
>>340318269
>Unreal Engine 4 made by Epic Games
>Paragon made by Epic Games
>Unreal Tournament made by Epic Games
All of these are first party games. These people have had experience with the engine. We're mainly talking about third-party games like in the OP, but good point to make that people who know what they're doing can make good games.
>>
>>340318269
I´m not the guy saying all UE4 games have bad animations and I don´t think so myself, I was just saying that >>340317761 could be wrong in saying
>animation quality has nothing to do with engine itself
>>
>>340318269
don't bother, it's some retarded underage
>>
>>340318708
>could be wrong in saying
do you like bethesda games animations? gamebryo engine

on the other hand epic mickey 2 had great fluid animation, still gamebryo engine

your point?
>>
>>340319112
>your point?
my point is it can´t be ruled out. At least not without a deeper knowledge of the engines functions, which I guess none of us here have.
That´s all.
>>
>>340319112
Actually bethesda uses a edited version of gamebyro, not actual gamebyro.
>>
>>340319396
>which I guess none of us here have.
speak for yourself
>>
>>340319525
ok.
then bestow upon me your wisdom in regards of animations creation and quality in UE4 and why you are certain that the quality has absolutely nothing to do with the engine
>>
>>340319991
because genious, games like tekken 7 have great animation ported from earlier engines without any problems
If by some magical reasons all unreal engine 4 games have bad animation than tekken 7 should have worse animations than tekken 6(different engine) with is false because tekken 7 animations are even better than tekken 6 animations
simple enough for ya?
>>
File: 7uCWdjw.jpg (639 KB, 1992x3000) Image search: [Google]
7uCWdjw.jpg
639 KB, 1992x3000
>>340320568
now that wasn´t so hard, was it?
If you´d posted some facts the first time you replied I would´ve layed off right there.
>>
>>340317445
This is literally the case with every engine. Cheap source engine games look the same, cheap cryengine games look the same, cheap Unity games definitely look the same. What would you prefer? That these devs waste years to reach feature parity with UE4?
>>
>>340321185
I've mentioned tekken 7 several post ago
If some ue4 have bad animation blame the lazy devs, not the engine
>>
>>340321384
>blame the lazy devs, not the engine
I already did here >>340317597 although not for animations
>>
>>340319991
animations aren't created in the engine, aside from that small problem i think it is 100% possible that the engine is at fault.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.