[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that what happened to battleborn was nothing but pure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: battleborn.png (389 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
battleborn.png
389 KB, 594x334
Reminder that what happened to battleborn was nothing but pure karma, you should not feel bad for them.

>Gearbox literally stole money from sega to make BL1
>They stole an artist's assets for BL2
>whole anthony burch thing
>>
Dont forget Duke
>>
File: samus coffee.jpg (203 KB, 642x694) Image search: [Google]
samus coffee.jpg
203 KB, 642x694
>yfw you're not anthony burch
>yfw you also never got involved with battleborn
>>
>>340312452

>Gearbox literally stole money from sega to make BL1

First time I hear about this, explain?

>>340312452

And this?
>>
>>340312649

Sega was paying gearbox to make alien colonial marines.

Gearbox was taking the funds and resources of the game (alien) for borderlands.

Sega caught wind and put CM on hold

Gearbox later outsourced development to a company that was not even 100% game dev but simply debuggers and post production cleanup

And then alien CM happened
>>
>>340312649
>Stealing from Sega
Sega gave Gearbox money to make Aliens: Coloniel Marines. Game was mysteriously delayed over a period of years, and Borderlands 1 came out. Gearbox then asks for more money to finish Aliens, because for some reason they need more funding. After all this funding, the game is shit because Gearbox outsourced it to someone else.

>Duke
Gearbox said they'd finish Duke Nukem Forever. They did, but they literally cut content, and made what was already an unfinished piece of shit, worse, and then released it to get the money from the "It'll never come out XD" meme.
>>
>>340311849
What happened with Anthony"you better go to church" Burch?
>>
>>340313770

His writing is heavily critizised for being extremely heavy on unfunny, outdated memes like "come at me bro!" or "cool story bro!". And then he publicly came out as a cuck.

He asked his wife to fuck another man and let him watch, she said no, after multiple denials, he divorced and now claims to be in an open marriage with someone else.

Of course this in itself is just a meme and is not enough reason to judge all gearbox products, but gearbox does have some shitty karma like op stated
>>
>>340314165
How the fuck did you learn all this shit about m- I mean him.
>>
>>340311849
>karma is a thing
>anyone still cares about sega (????)
>anyone care about this random 'artist'
Why should I care again?
I enjoyed both borderlands 1 and 2, and if I had friends to play with I'm sure I'd enjoy the next ones too.
Battleborne simply failed because their main target was console, and they litterally got it out when overwatch's open beta was up.
I get that they're not the same kind of games, that's not what the majority of people thinks, tho.

TL:DR;
If they intended on battleborne to sell, they would've made it a good game.
Or at least try to.
>>
>>340313495
Don't forget.
>Use legal loopholes to pull Devolver's Duke3D off digital stores.
>File lawsuits against the guy who made the Duke source port.
>And are maybe making a new version of Duke3D with added BAZINGA memes. (this one may be untrue though.)

They also stopped Interceptors top down Duke game, but Interceptor is a shitty fucking developer too, so whatever.
>>
STOP SAYING ITS DEAD BECAUSE IT ISNT

I CAN FIND A GAME RIGHT NOW IF I WANT TO

KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>340311849
>listen to easy allies podcast
>pure hatred of battleborn beta from Huber
>Shut off the game when a hero said "U mad bro"

Lol yeah I dont need to try Battleborn
>>
>>340315591

You missed the point of the thread. People are saying they feel bad about battleborn failing but fail to realize that gearbox is shitlord tier in game devs

>>340316856

Yeah after 5-10 minutes Qs
>>
>>340315591
>I enjoyed both borderlands 1 and 2

Stopped reading there. Drink bleach ASAP.
>>
>>340317090

>5 minutes waiting for 40 minutes fun is long
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.