[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wants more creative freedom >joins activision
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: LogoBungieLogo.png (9 KB, 594x144) Image search: [Google]
LogoBungieLogo.png
9 KB, 594x144
>wants more creative freedom
>joins activision
>>
File: 1305767335332.jpg (17 KB, 144x145) Image search: [Google]
1305767335332.jpg
17 KB, 144x145
> infinity ward team wants more creative freedom
> joins EA
>>
>>340310704
>wants more money
>joins Activision
ftfy
>>
I'll forgive them completely if they bring back Marty.
>>
they were like Microsofts version of Naughty Dog
what went so wrong?
>>
>>340311385
Fuck off loser

t. Jason Jones
>>
>>340311492
>what went so wrong?
Nothing, from a business point of view. A lot of rich investors got richer, and continue to make money off the work that Bungie did.
In terms of making amazing games, that is exactly what went wrong (around the development of Halo 3, most of that game was unaffected).
>>
>>340311492
They were more like Microsoft's version of Sakurai. Anything that made the game fun was promptly removed from the next title.
>>
>>340311492
like >>340312202 said, nothing really went wrong

they were just sick of making halo games year after year
>>
They fucked up, all they had to do was wait a couple of years for Mattrick to fuck off then they could have gone the way of Rare and get some creative freedom.
>>
>>340312727
That's a cop-out excuse when Destiny has so much in common with Halo.
>>
>>340312727
Microsoft would have made a much wiser investment in the long run if they had given them enough creative freedom to not get bored, and we would have some new and interesting xbox-only IPs instead of 7 more fucking halo games
>>
>>340312239
Sakurai's games have only bean getting better.
>>
>>340313591
Another thing they have in common are retarded fanbases that flock to defend the new title.
>>
>>340313384
If I was an Xbox Exec, I would have made their release schedule this:

>Halo
>New IP

Then repeat. Lets them stretch their creative limbs, potential to create another gears/halo level of success and it also gives enough time between Halo games for fans not to get overwhelmed like they have now; not only that fans will get more excited for having to wait.
>>
>>340312893
whatever shooter they made next was going to be like halo

it's just bungie's signature as a dev

but it's still not halo and that was important enough for them to leave, even if destiny is shit (halo is shit too imo but i get why casual console babbys like it)

but microsoft did fuck up and should've let bungie make other games for them as a 2nd party
>>
>>340313779
>If I was an Xbox Exec
Unfortunately Xbox's executive team have made it clear that they're not interested in the long-term health of their franchises or platform.
>>
>>340313776
And autists who insist that future titles should target a competitive audience despite being a babies first [genre].
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.