[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you quit this game /v/? Long veteran quests were the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
When did you quit this game /v/?
Long veteran quests were the killing for me, haven't played since 2 of my party members died miserably.
>>
>>340302365
Never played it
>>
>>340302365
They overused the RNG so much, it's ok in games like FTL because they end fast but in something like this you can lose your party of veterans and be bankrupt after a couple of snake eyes from the RNG
>>
>>340302365
After maybe the second dungeon. Shit's boring
>>
>>340302486
Why, anon? It's pretty gud.
RNG plagued and sometimes pretty gimmicky but really fun when you finally grasp the concept.
>>
I had killed all the first tier bosses, so I went into medium difficulty weald with my A team. It got fucking massacred by a giant mushroom dude and some old hag. Quit the game then because low energy
>>
I played it for quite a while, something like 15-20hs maybe.

I just couldn't stand the excessive RNG. It's fine for crit hits, but a healing for 0-14 also with a chance of crit? Really? What the fuck were they thinking?

The quest often ends because of the smallest stuff that happens purely by luck.

Most characters are pretty balanced overall, but it doesn't matter when the game itself ISN'T balanced.
>>
>>340302365
Honestly?

The RNG.

Every so often I come back and play a bunch of dungeons for a few days. Great game in general.

But then you get that one run in the high level dungeon on the strongest team, where EVERYONE continuously roll fucking ones, and the enemy just crits every third hit. And sure, you survive it because you are not a complete hack at the game, but it still severely sets you back.

And in this game, bein>>340302365
g set back takes fucking hours to regain.

I get a run like that, and I stay away from it for a month.
Because fuck that.
>>
>>340302365
>>340302659
>>340303916
Just savescum
>>
>>340303583
>but a healing for 0-14 also with a chance of crit? Really? What the fuck were they thinking?
>lol heals for 0
>you still get to bleed tho

I am actually kinda fine with this, I mean in comparison to the bullshit RNG and insane stress damage from enemies I rather deal with an unreliable RNG on my part.

How do you deal with the stress damage during dungeons? You can only bonfire so much and it uses up your food fast. You either have to carry nothing but supplies or do a farming run where you carry minimal essentials, run through it once and throw the characters away.
>>
>>340303583
Mostly this.
For example, I find the Jester incredibly underwhelming.
The game requires every character to have at least a bit of damage due to the movement change skills of some monsters, so you will never run out of dps.
The thing is that the Jester is great as a support but even with top tier equipment both his bleed skills deal little to no actual base damage.
And the Antiquarian is just shit.
>>
After my characters started refusing to go on low-level quests. Since I have to grind materials to upgrade the guild/blacksmith so that he won't be oneshot by the enemies in the higher-level dungeons, I have to go back and grind the lower-level ones anyway, but now I have to use expendable rookie squads who all get dropped after coming back from their first missions with full pockets and 130 stress, because my ex-best guys can't hack the increase in monster stats.

I feel like the mechanic exists to prevent grinding, but all it does is turn the game into a repeat of its own early levels over and over again as your characters graduate to new dungeons that they can't possibly handle without better equipment so you have to grind.

Then when you finally get 4 dudes of the correct level to have fully kitted-out spells and armor, you can just button mash your way to victory because suddenly you kill every enemy in one hit and take no stress damage ever.
>>
>>340304260
Jesters can get rid of the stress damage.
>>
>>340304305
>And the Antiquarian is just shit.

I thought it has been established that the Antiquarian is only useful for gold-farming runs. She's a liability for you to protect in return for boosting the gold cap and other perks.
>>
>>340304405
I know this but
>spam turns trying to get the stress down/heal because you can only use his skills in mid battle which is bullshit
>reinforcements!
>you take too long, have some more stress
>>
>>340304421
Yeah but in this game you can't really give away a spot in your party.
It's not worth to have every one of your heroes stressed and nearly not completing the quest only for 2k more gold.
>>340304557
This.
I feel like the enemies have much more reliable skills and their turns actually matter.
Stress damage is a great mechanic but in long quests it can wipe out your party.
>>
>>340304327
I am in the middle of what you are describing, I feel like there's no other way of "doing it legit", you just grind out gold to level up a bunch of pros with no bad traits on them, top tier gear and zero stress in order to properly handle the veteran dungeons.
>>
>>340304405
It's not enough compared to the huge stress damage dealt by the enemies.
>>
File: 1388372244111.jpg (24 KB, 288x218) Image search: [Google]
1388372244111.jpg
24 KB, 288x218
>>340302365

I played the early version for 20-30 hours and then dropped it.

Came back to the newer version, started up a new game and found it to be worse. Corpses seem to be another mechanic that exists to reward lucky crits, as if the huge damage and health boost wasn't enough. For some reason the game now had performance issues, whereas the early version ran fine. And about halfway through my first or second level, I ran into the Collector, who I literally didn't have the DPS to kill. He couldn't even kill me, he just kept summoning more guys and healing himself. After about 10 minutes of being unable to beat his healing or run away, I just closed the game.
>>
>>340304421
I used her a few times to combo with Graverobber. It was fun.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>340302365
>Having a hard time acquiring vestals
>Finally get one
>First dungeon
>Fucking spiders in the first encounter
>They all focus my healer in the surprise round
>Dead before combat even starts
Every fucking time. My healers have a lifespan of about two encounters before being focused out. And yes, they are in the back and yes, I am using abilities to try and ease the pressure off of them.
>Crusader marks himself to take some hits for the healer
>They focus my healer and crit her to death anyway
>Get an Occultist
>Complete opposite happens but he heals everyone for 4 HP plus bleeding damage

I can only play Statistical Anomaly: The Game for half an hour before everyone is dead from crits and failed checks.
>>
>>340302659
>They overused the RNG so much
No they didn't.

>in something like this you can lose your party of veterans and be bankrupt after a couple of snake eyes from the RNG
You are making fundamental mistakes then.
>>
>>340304405

>Jester spends his turn relieving stress
>Lose a little bit of stress for the team
>Attacking class gets a crit
>Kills the enemy
>3/4 of the party gets an even bigger stress reduction, plus a dead enemy
>>
>>340305323
You're packing on way too much healing if you can survive the collector for that long. Ideally, you should be killing things fast enough so you don't really need to heal much.
>>
The blocking off heroes from going to low level dungeons thing + the fact that I couldn't find a successful and safe team comp that didn't use an occultist kinda wore me down. I just had such bad luck and couldn't get any more from the stage coach, and any other team comp was a lot more dangerous.
>>
I can handle the damage.
Its the fucking stress that made me quit this game.
>leepicskellygobletbackrow of 20 stress
You can heal your party just fine with a healer or some provisions.
But stress is raping your dudes with permanent debuffs and quirks while keeping them out of the game to un-stress for fucking days.
I would loved this game if you could turn stress off , or just make them do miss more/crit less/take more damage or whatever because of it.
Great game otherwise that fucking narrator is orgasmic.
>>
>>340305702
Enemies can surprise you AND they are sometimes inexplicably fast. You are going to take damage no matter what you do.
>>
>>340304260
>How do you deal with the stress damage during dungeons?
Depends on your team.

If it's tanky and tends to battle for a lot of turns, stress heals are essential.

If it's focused on DPS and burst damagw, make sure you have good SPD on all heroes and good amush chance to kill/stun stress dealers before they get to act. Crits are very good as well.

Proper choice of camping skills is important as well.
>>
File: 300px-Prophet_Sprite.png (114 KB, 300x387) Image search: [Google]
300px-Prophet_Sprite.png
114 KB, 300x387
>>340305323
>Corpses seem to be another mechanic that exists to reward lucky crits

speaking of this...
>necromancer boss
>raises 2 zombies when he makes contact with the first member of your party
>kill them, their corpses lingers behind
>your 2 front members has lackluster range abilities
>can never reach the boss because the only people in my party capable of decent range abilities are dedicated healers

granted, they all survived in the end.

pic related is the worst, there's LITERALLY no dodging the falling rocks, you either trade damage to another party member by shifting position or that guy gets 90% of his hp as damage. And this mechanic NEVER ever stops, meaning everyone stays at 0 hp for rest of the fight once at least everyone has been hit by the rocks.
>>
>>340304327
> have to use expendable rookie squads who all get dropped after coming back from their first missions with full pockets and 130 stress
You are doing something wrong
>>
File: the absolute.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
the absolute.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>340305860
OESKAISYALASKIRAUS
>>
>>340305702
>ideally
There's the problem. You will quickly run into a situation where you will either beat the quest at sanic speed or end it prematurely for one stupid reason or another. There's no "safe" way to play this game.
>>
>>340305702

I had one Vestal, if that's "packing on healing." I think 1 guy was dead by the time I closed the game, but it's not hard to bring people back from death's door if you get lucky with killing blows.
>>
File: 180334753.jpg (32 KB, 395x326) Image search: [Google]
180334753.jpg
32 KB, 395x326
>hey abomination is a pretty cool class
>cannot put into the same party with 3 other good classes
>>
>>340305865
>Enemies can surprise you AND they are sometimes inexplicably fast
Get more SPD/+chance to surprise enemy/- chance to surprise party if that's an issue.

>You are going to take damage no matter what you do
Yes but you can minimize it.

That's the whole point of risk managment. You are supposed to minimize risk in every way possible.
>>
Got to top-tier dungeons, and dropped it there. Shit got real repetitive yo.
>>
File: 300px-Shambler.png (68 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
300px-Shambler.png
68 KB, 300x215
I use a torch at one of the red orb things in my gold runs with 4 throwaway newbies, pic related came out and I killed it with nobody dying, it also dropped an actual item that comes without a catch22 like the other trinket.

Was this guy suppose to be hard or did I got really lucky?
>>
>>340305918
>take Occultist with you
>debuff the shit out of this nerd
>kill him in 5 turns
>>
Any chance of this going on sale for more than twenty percent in the summer sale?
>>
>>340305860
>Plague Doctor
>Hellion
>target back row first
That was hard.
>>
>>340305865
And that's why you don't take a bunch of squishy healers for long term healing, you take characters with higher dodge and health pools so when you do roll bad, you can survive long enough to come back.

How often have you died to crits and other burst damage vs slowly bleeding out over time? The trick is to survive the initial attacks until you can apply CC and kill targets, not to try and outheal the enemy party's damage.
>>
>>340305918
>raises 2 zombies when he makes contact with the first member of your party
He always summons exactly one skeleton after his turn, why are you lying?

>your 2 front members has lackluster range abilities
Then you should either get more versatile frontliners or compensate with high damage backliners (like Arbalest/Musketeer).

>can never reach the boss because the only people in my party capable of decent range abilities are dedicated healers
Your party composition is shit then. If you don't have any heroes capable of reliably killing rank 3/4 the you should get a hero with ability to remove corpses.

>pic related is the worst, there's LITERALLY no dodging the falling rocks
My highwaymen dodge them pretty damn frequently, even on Champion. Hell even my Muskeeter managed to dodge once or twice.

>you either trade damage to another party member by shifting position or that guy gets 90% of his hp as damage
One turn less shouldn't hurt your DPS that much.

>And this mechanic NEVER ever stops, meaning everyone stays at 0 hp for rest of the fight once at least everyone has been hit by the rocks.
If you get to the point where everyone at your team is at 0 HP then you did something wrong. Probably shitty backline that can't dish out enough damage to rank 3/4.
>>
>>340302365
I could care less about the RNG. What made me lose interest was having to manage every fucking little thing, and the fact it played like a mobile game.
>>
>>340306930
plague doc is overrated as fuck. hellion is alright though.
>>
At the corpse update
I loved the challenge before it but that update was a premise of what was going to happen
>>
>>340306754
On a scale from 1 to 10 like being in Hiroshima and not dying lucky.
>>
>>340306930
Its not just the goblet guy.
Its stress in general.
Also later in the game there are other enemies that stress you way harder.
Got a hellion specially for those fucks tho.
>>
>>340307043
This.

>tfw 2 muskeeters are god tier since they can either keep doing insane damage or stack "+heals received" buff with their bandages to get +20 heal crits in no time
>>
>>340306845
It probably will, it was discounted a couple of times before.
>>
File: 1458534086700.png (62 KB, 230x261) Image search: [Google]
1458534086700.png
62 KB, 230x261
>>340307106
>quick draw charm
>blinding gas the back row on the first turn
>dismantle it with other heroes
>never worry about stress ever again
>>
>>340305860
If stress is such an issue, focus on stress managment. The game literally throws a bunch of different ways to do this at you.

>crits
>camp skills
>trinkets
>stress heals
>stress reduction
>+virtue chance
>>
>>340307106
>stun slot 3 and 4 in one turn
>can wittle down slot 1 which is usually some beefy nigger with PROT
>can heal bleed and blight
>can cure diseases
'no'

>>340307176
Stun and kill them, easy. If you're going into the Weald or the Warrens take a Jester with you.
>>
>>340305437
Use stuns instead of marking, and overall just stun more. If you take a char that can stun two at once you can effectively mitigate 50%of the damage every turn.
>>
>>340306754
Shambler is pretty easy at apprentice level.

A lot worse at champion though.
>>
File: GcZR77F.png (2 MB, 1785x1640) Image search: [Google]
GcZR77F.png
2 MB, 1785x1640
Having 2 Plauge doctors in the back is GOAT, their damage easily stacks up to around ~20 points per turn and if a enemy has HP below that you can just move on to the next one since he's guaranteed dead on his next turn which gives you time to heal, remove buffs/stress.
>>
File: redemption.jpg (12 KB, 487x64) Image search: [Google]
redemption.jpg
12 KB, 487x64
Have you found redemption?
>>
>>340307467
Yeah buts that what the problem is kinda.
I am fully aware of these options.
But you get way more stress and way faster then you can get it out.

Also its not that bad that i am losing because of it , i just find it really really annoying and a huge waste of time when i just want to explore and fight shit.
>>
>>340306057
>5shovels
Nigga wat
>>
>>340307846
;-;7
>>
>>340307562
I tried that too. It's just the fucking spiders that give me a problem.
>Dish out stuns
>Dodged dodged dodged dodged dodged dodged dodged dodged dodged dodged
>>
File: 1429266370551.jpg (313 KB, 4685x2457) Image search: [Google]
1429266370551.jpg
313 KB, 4685x2457
>>340305437
>tfw in my experience fighting spiders is literally a free camp
Feels good to run a high SPD/amubsh chance DPS party.
>>
>start a new game to check out the patch
>90% of town events make the game even easier
This is going to bite me in the ass later on, right?
>>
>>340307981
Sometimes you will embark with 3 shovels and get a few shovel drops, it happens.
>>
>>340307049
>He always summons exactly one skeleton after his turn
I might have remembered wrong.

I haven't played the game for more than 2 months and every single time I went into the boss blind, when I enter into a new dungeon knowing that there's a boss coming up I just bring my best guys and hope it will win.

>If you get to the point where everyone at your team is at 0 HP then you did something wrong. Probably shitty backline that can't dish out enough damage to rank 3/4.

That is true, I do remember my guys being rank 2 B team-ers.
>>
>>340302365
It severely punishes the player for shitty RNG. Plus the game is designed to fuck you over in almost every possible way
>>
>>340306342
That's the point.
>>
>>340307846
My Reynauld died because he went bersek in a veteran dungeon.
>>
>>340307393
>>340307475
i like the mercenary for the stunjob. he also has "get over here" and sick damage.
>>
>>340308037
Spider's got low HP though, I always take one dedicated nuker for mobs with small healthpools. Never underestimate the value of +1 or +2 SPD either.
>>
File: 55.jpg (282 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
282 KB, 1680x1050
>tfw you make mad bank
>>
>>340308387
>Have a full crit/bleed jester
>4 spiders come to fight my party
>SURPRISED
>A SINGULAR STRIKE
>2 to go

why is jester best class?
>>
>>340308430
The feeling was good, but then I spend some time upgrading everything and putting people in hospitals and a lot of it is gone.
>>
>>340302365
I've been trying to get through NG+ but its fucking brutal for some time but if you end up losing some level 3 heroes around week 20 for some reason you might as well just restart. Still one of the best games I've played in years.
>>
>>340305918
I always used a very movable party for the rocks and had 2 jesters take most of the hits with deathblow resist trinkets.
>>
I got bored of the bullshit RNG and the way they handle death in this game, I am not fond of this rogue lite bullshit.

At the same time I am not that autistic to replay the same game over and over again until I GIT GUD, what can I say, I get bored of farming the same dungeons.
>>
>all those shitters complaining about RNG
http://www.darkestdungeon.com/topic/my-experiences-with-ng/
Just learn the concept of risk managment and minimize the risks. This is literally the whole point of the game.

Learn from your mistakes.

Flee the dungeon if it's going horribly.

Think your party composition/strategy through.

Determine the weakness of your party and compensate accordingly.

Do not underestimate the importance of trinkets.

Do not underestimate the importance of locking very good quirks and getting rid of very bad ones.

Don't be afraid to spend a fotune of making sure your party is stron enough, it's an investment.

Just git fukcing gud. The only valid complaints are that the game gets too grindy and repetitive later on.
>>
>>340306342
It's almost like thats the point of the High-risk High-reward character that can also stress the heck out of the rest of the party.
>>
File: DD feel.png (57 KB, 671x588) Image search: [Google]
DD feel.png
57 KB, 671x588
>>340302365
>tfw someone saves and reposts an image I made renamed as a meme I made up
>>
I wish they'd add new dungeons.
>>
>>340308430
>13,350
>mad bank
Try 30,000. If you don't have at least 3 trapezohedrons then you just ain't doing it right.

Also try full antiquarian runs, it's great if you know how to make it work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-vjgs6r1DY
>>
I thought it was very easy, until I actually fought my first boss and got literally crushed by some huge siren.

Oh, you get two actions? And you're constantly taking my tank and using him against me? Well that's nice.
>>
>>340309009
They kinda did.
http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Wolves_at_the_Door
>>
>>340306057
>Blizzdrone preaching to fans of other MMOs.png
>>
File: Madman.png (128 KB, 390x464) Image search: [Google]
Madman.png
128 KB, 390x464
>>340308545
Cause there's other classes than Jester and Antiquarian.
25 Stress Damage
>>
>>340309170
Siren is one of the most annoying bosses if you don't understand her mechanics yet.

Don't bring a tank to Siren fight, ever. Bring a hero capable of stuns.
>>
File: 1434988306155.png (243 KB, 432x426) Image search: [Google]
1434988306155.png
243 KB, 432x426
>>340308883
>>
>>340304685
That's where the trick lies. Deny turns and the game is easier. From there it's all about priority. Does stress matter? Stun the witch. Does damage? Stun the brawler. If there's more than one of a type, stun one rush the other. It gets pretty formulaic once you learn a system that works with the party/area. The only time that's strat doesn't pay off is the the dd, but that place is designed to fuck you no matter what.
>>
>>340302365
I recently got back into it now I'm trying to beat the medium bosses somehow without my heroes leveling up to 6 this is such a stupid mechanic
>>
File: 1464000853707.png (182 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1464000853707.png
182 KB, 500x335
>>
>>340309321
yeah i thought as much, stun is very nice in this game.
>>
>>340302365
Too much missing makes a game really stale
>>
>>340309341
Leper has to be the worst candidate for rabies though.

He can barely hit shit without +ACC trinkets.
>>
>>340307981
>Cove
>>
File: 1435000556284.gif (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435000556284.gif
257 KB, 500x500
how quickly the tide turns
>>
>>340309440
>Leper
>saying are you necessary to Jester
>>
File: 48051465104654.png (163 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
48051465104654.png
163 KB, 400x400
>>340309298
>>
Loved it but i cheated in order to reduce the grind.
>>
File: 1464017539731.gif (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464017539731.gif
257 KB, 500x500
>>340309584
HOW QUICKLY THE
>>
>>340309442
Yeah it's pretty good unless you have a squishy party focused on killing as fast as possible.

Also useless against enemies with 2 turns per round but those are very rare.
>>
>>340309480
But the Cove has few blockages compared to the Ruins/Weald.
>>
>>340309645
>>340309298
HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS
>>
File: 1464007543626.gif (263 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464007543626.gif
263 KB, 500x500
>>340309685
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
>>
>>340309440
>Leper
>calling anyone unnecessary

Leper is basically
>hey you remember Crusader? How about we take away ALL of his utility and make him rank 1/2 only in exchange for a few more points of HP and damage?
>>
>>340307467
>Run two Crusaders and two Vestals
>Stress buff at camp for all of them.
>+20% stress reduction trinkets for the vestals.
>Take literally zero stress damage.

Sure, you'll have some tactical difficulties with that party, but at the same time you eliminate one of the three major threats in the game and have a pretty good defense against the second. The only thing that can kill you is CC and debuffs.
>>
>>340309589
This, leper is selfish as fuck. Man at arms is the best tank.
>>
Post your team comps

Hellion
Hound master/leper/abomination
Occultist
Plague doctor
>>
File: ABORT.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ABORT.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>340309440
Leper saved my ass more times than i can count. Maybe i'm just better at the game than you are.
>>
>>340309717
It has a lot of curios that require shovels.

It's like holy water in Ruins.
>>
have they fixed the fact that you can't combine duplicate items in your loot during dungeons? i mean i have one slot of 500 gold, and another of 1100 gold, but i can't combine them to one pile of 1600 and save one slot? or one slot of 3 shovels, and another of 2. not just one with 5.

come on now. if i'm short on room during a dungeon i might literally have to throw money away.
>>
File: 1458758087368.gif (2 MB, 415x311) Image search: [Google]
1458758087368.gif
2 MB, 415x311
>A moment of valor shines brightest against the backdrop of despair
>>
>>340309930
Leper is pretty bad though. He's basically Crusader but with less utility and requires ACC buffs.
>>
File: 1443609106515.png (1 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1443609106515.png
1 MB, 1440x810
>y-y-you're just playing the game wrong noob
>you HAVE to use one of these specific team compositions or you're playing it WRONG
>g-git gud

If a game railroads you in to only using certain strategies/team comps then it is a failure desu. By not letting the player bring almost any party of characters and win by using their own tactics and smart plays, the devs admit to being unable to balance higher difficulties outside of forcing the player into specific strats

Good game right up until champion level, then it not only becomes an insanely disgusting grid but it also becomes very boring as unless you play a certain way you won't be getting anywhere
>>
>>340302365
>When did you "quit" this game
I didn't.
I play it on occasion, it's okay but not great.

I hate this reddit tier fucking obsession that you need to be constantly playing something for fucking ever, you can't just have fun with a game and move on.
>>
>>340307846
>dismissed Reynauld cause he had too much bad traits
>Didn't notice it was a cheevo till I hit DD
Well fuck.
>>
File: Hold Up.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
Hold Up.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
>>340309778
>tide turns so quickly you can't even tell if it's turning anymore
>>
>>340309881
Leper has great lines especially if you sacrifice him on the last mission but man, all around he's a worse crusader.
>>
>>340310109
>By not letting the player bring almost any party of characters and win by using their own tactics and smart plays
If you are failing then your plays are not smart.
>>
Leper is best class, give him some trinkets and he kills everything
>>
>>340306057
Crusaders + Vestals

No stress no worries no skeletons
>>
>>340309685
someone remake this but radial blur the tide layer
>>
>>340310109
>s-stupid people with stupid builds should win too!
>>
File: 1463996769976.png (26 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1463996769976.png
26 KB, 400x500
>>
File: 1458874324417.png (247 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1458874324417.png
247 KB, 500x706
>post yfw your leper becomes vigorous
>>
>>340310276
my nigga
>dat hp
>dat dmg
>dat heal
>>
File: NOT A VICTIM.jpg (32 KB, 229x249) Image search: [Google]
NOT A VICTIM.jpg
32 KB, 229x249
MANY FALL IN THE FACE OF CHAOS

BUT NOT THIS ONE, NOT TODAY
>>
>>340310276
That's the problem though, he has to waste at least one slot on ACC trinket and it's not worth those few more HP/damage points because he has no utility, literally can't be used outside of rank 1/2 and can't deal with rank 3/4.
>>
>>340309930
I used to use the Leper because I liked him, but he pretty lackluster compared to the other options. I think he was suppose to trade utility for damage compared to the Crusader, but in practice he's just not strong enough to justify taking him, especially because he needs accuracy buffs to really take advantage of that extra damage.
>>
>>340310106
Hits like two of em though. Always take him if I need strong front row dps in a bossfight. Just buff his ACC and give him DPS trinkets.
>>
File: 1435200294184.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
1435200294184.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>340310372
>A moment of clarity in the eye of the storm..
>>
>>340310320
more like
>free 2,500 gold again
>>
fuck i have never ONCE gotten any lepers or those paladin women or whatever, i didn't even know they existed before i saw them posted here. seriously think my save is bugged or something.
>>
>>340310542
>never seen a Vestal
You poor bastard. You haven't lived to you've Divine Comfort'd your way through hell and back.
>>
>>340310609
it's a healer, right? i was complaining about healers in this game, because there's fucking none. well i guess they exit, but not for me, fucking awful.
>>
>all the whining in this thread

I love how you faggots shit on easy games, only to start crying when a game is too hard for you.

>b-but RNG

Sometimes there's bad luck, but most of the time, strategy will prevail over randomness. Stop blaming the game for your own failures.

If you actually have trouble during level 1 and level 3 quests, you should really just stop playing.
>>
>>340310491
>Hits like two of em though
Not nearly. He does have more damage and HP but it's really not worth all of his weaknesses.

>just buff his ACC
Or just buff Crusader DMG.

That's another one of his weaknesses, he has to waste a trinket/camp time to be usable.

I'm not saying he is impossible to use but it's not optimal. Nothing wrong with not playing optimally if you can compenstate though.
>>
It's a great game, but I have taken a break for from it.

I will definitely play it more in the future. I don't see how this is negative at all, since it is a single-player game that doesn't require a large user-base.

Sure, the RNG can be insane but that is one of the things I really enjoy about this game...anything can happen and it's a challenge. Takes a lot out of a person...
>>
File: 1455740280838.png (83 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
1455740280838.png
83 KB, 211x244
>>340310109
>>
>>340310109
>unless you play a certain way you won't be getting anywhere
It's changing this that killed WoW. I hope your balls explode at a most inconvenient moment faggot.
>>
File: a57wenO_460s.jpg (29 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
a57wenO_460s.jpg
29 KB, 460x460
>When the Jester's Finale Crits
>>
>torch level is 90+
>your party gets surprised
??? ???
>>
heros can die like flies at times for kind of bullshit reasons, but it feels pretty good when you get a good run with a lot of loot.

it takes too much out of me though, it's not really "fun", i prefer games that's based around skill and not RNG.
>>
File: Stalwart_Man-at-arms.png (210 KB, 491x335) Image search: [Google]
Stalwart_Man-at-arms.png
210 KB, 491x335
>>340310520
THE GROUND QUAKES
>>
>>340311010
>i prefer games that's based around skill and not RNG

This is one of those games anon.
>>
>>340311102
but this game is based around dice throws.
>>
>>340311010
>prefer games that's based around skill and not RNG
Risk managment and the ability to minimize risks is a skill.
>>
File: Darkest dungeon.png (64 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
Darkest dungeon.png
64 KB, 560x582
>>340310849
>>
>>340311101
ANGER
IS
POWER
UNLEASH IT
>>
>>340311196
Said the bad player.
>>
File: 1435004398592.png (470 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1435004398592.png
470 KB, 600x600
>>
>>340311196
also, it's turn based, so any retard can sit and think out the best way to do things. i like a little bit of stress (the actual kind), especially in my boss fights.
>>
>>340311196
Texas Hold'em is based on randomly shuffled deck of cards.

Go win a WSOP tournament, good luck.
>>
I still play it, I just wish that modding tools finally launch.
>>
File: tide before the flood.png (177 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
tide before the flood.png
177 KB, 500x402
>>340310849
>when the game bugs and your leper crits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_IDjThQFGw
>>
File: cooking.jpg (440 KB, 2841x1579) Image search: [Google]
cooking.jpg
440 KB, 2841x1579
>>340311312
>STRIKE THE POT
>STRIKE THE POT
>You're not supposed to strike the pot
>>
>>340311321
I'll bring a Royal Flush of Machine Kings with my Yu-Gi-Oh cards. They'll never see it coming.
>>
>>340310109
Shame you are too stupid to play this game.
>>
I'm not a fan of the "hire lvl 1 suicide teams and dump them out after 1 mission" or just having 50 party members at a time to do grinding with. Wish there was a mod that lowers the grind/increases gold earned but also reduced max party size to like 12 and have it cost money to hire heroes.
>>
>>340302365
I stopped playing before any of my party members died.

I played it and realized that since everything was procedural generated and with the turned based fighting style that after only a couple of hours I fully experienced every unique thing that the game had to offer.
>>
>>340310372
>>340310006
10/10 quotes

the narrator is top-tier.
>>
>>340311458
>always bring tanks to this fight
>It doesn't matter since damage it gives is percentile
I wish I knew this immediately or I would have brought my Hellion and Grave Robber instead of whittling it down with two Man at Arms, an Abo and a Arbalest.
>>
>>340311554
You are wrongand a faggot
>>
>>340310740
The HP with the selfheal always made him seem more tanky to me. But Can't disagree with you. But they're not as bad as people think.
>>
>>340311554
You're not really wrong. There's not much end game to this.
>>
>>340310109
Pretty much, but us autists don't mind doing the same thing over and over again
>>
When siren 3 butchered my party I got so butthurt I just stopped playing
>>
Feel like the final dungeon was too RNG, more so than the rest of the game.

Like sometimes I'd have an amazing run and clear to the boss no problem then the next time two encounters in I have two guys on death's door through no fault of my own.
>>
>>340306342
That's the point. The Abomination would've been the definition of OVERKILL if that happened. And even without them it's a murder machine with the right traits, skills and items.
>>
File: kekyll.jpg (56 KB, 346x427) Image search: [Google]
kekyll.jpg
56 KB, 346x427
>>340311458
>Grave Robber, Vestal, Leper and Crusader >against the hag
>this game is RNG!
>>
>>340311467
>implying Daniel won't figure that out just by looking at you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euu1H130J84
>>
>>340311554
if you didn't lose any party member, you didn't fully experience the game.
>>
>>340310714
Yeah it's amazing when the enemy hits you for 10 damage and you waste a turn healing for 6.

You're better off having a party of 4 DPS heroes and quickly killing the enemy before they can damage you. If you need healing then bring a lot of food.
>>
File: 1464000589307.jpg (158 KB, 1000x788) Image search: [Google]
1464000589307.jpg
158 KB, 1000x788
which one would you fuck ?
>>
>>340312081
GR best girl.
>>
>>340311893
It's not really more RNG, it's just that you can't afford as many mistakes in there.
>>
>>340311554
>I stopped playing before any of my party died
> I fully experienced every unique thing that the game had to offer.

You haven't experienced shit. Spend 8 hours side by side with them and then get to the final dungeon bitchnigger.
>>
>>340302365
I stopped when I got to the second rung of bosses. It just became too much for me to handle with the grinding and grinding of new soldiers. I felt like I was training new recruits more than I was sending my A Team out, and the times that I did send out my best guys ended up losing people I spent a ton of time powering.

Also the idea that my guys would just stop going to lower level areas because it was "Below them" was stupid.
>>
>>340302365
I wiped to the fucking hag, because I was playing a defensive team.

I quit in shame.
>>
>>340311305
>there's still loss in the second panel
>>
>>340311893
Final dungeon was HELL. It was perfect, too bad you can't use your guys on other DD missions.

>>340311931
I never complained about RNG and that picture is from google. Try harder next time you autistic frogposting idiot. Here's your (You).
>>
I lost a full party of lvl 5 or so people ,maybe 25h in

Did not want to grind more peopel back to it

I don't even mind the RNG; the real shit is the fucking grinding that makes me want to throw up
>>
Did the first boss in the darkest dungeon and have cleared the other bosses.

I still have no fucking clue what trinkets are good and how to use the jester.
>>
>>340312303
>I lost a full party of lvl 5 or so people
Why didn't you flee as soon as one of them died?
>>
>>340312173
I got my Vestal and Meme arab killed by the little pig. Only losing to Necromancer is more shamefull.
>>
>>340312276
Neither did he refer to you saying it, you sensitive triggernigger.
>>
>>340312414
I can't remember that was like 6 months ago
>>
>>340312276
Sure thing, cuckie :^)
>>
>>340312383
>I still have no fucking clue what trinkets are good
That depends entirely on your party composition.

>how to use the jester
Mostly for his party buff and stress heal.
>>
I quit because the game's system makes no sense to me.

You grind your heroes up to a certain point and then when they die, you have to grind all over again.

Why bother? Why didn't they just make it like a normal rogue-like where you level up your party and if everyone gets killed you have to start all over again? You basically have to start all over again anyways, but the game seems balanced around just letting you die and having you grind.

It got boring and I stopped playing it.
>>
GRIEVOUS INJURY
PALPABLE FEAR
>>
>there are people in this world that play with corpses off
>>
REMIND YOURSELF THAT OVERCONFIDENCE IS A SLOW AND INSIDIOUS KILLER
>>
File: 1458679209386.png (142 KB, 401x300) Image search: [Google]
1458679209386.png
142 KB, 401x300
>>340312193
Well what do you know?
>>
>>340312603
GREAT IS THE WEAPON THAT CUTS ON IT OWN
>>
>>340312431
>Only losing to Necromancer is more shamefull
I lost Dismas to Champion Necromancer.
>>
>>340312483
Fuck him, he deserves every insult he gets. He's everything that's wrong with this website.
>>
>>340310109
>if you can't be a drooling retard and not pay attention at the mechanics and still win the game the game is shit
>>
>>340312724
SLOWLY, GENTLY
THIS IS HOW A LIFE IS TAKEN
>>
>>340312792
and what is that
>>
>>340302365
I'm having trouble getting through medium difficulty because the areas just become so long. It becomes really tedious having to manage 3 sets of guys cuz half the party goes insane every area. It wouldn't be so bad if higher leveled guys wouldn't shun low level quests.
>>
>>340312853
A death by inches.
>>
>>340312792
back to rebbit, newfag
>>
The only good thing is the announcer

Damn that guy is great and memorable
>>
>>340312860
A white male in his 30s.
>>
>>340312996
DAZED
REELING
ABOUT TO BREAK
>>
>>340312996
*ahem* A DEATH BY INCHES
>>
File: 1464275521062-1.jpg (112 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1464275521062-1.jpg
112 KB, 572x303
>Why did you quit?
It got too easy with the antiquarian and town events.

Town events mostly consists of
>Here, take some free or cheap stress removal
>Here, have some free weapons/armor/building upgrade
>Here, use the sanitarium for free

Antiquarian's Protect Me can make any character beefy enough to hold the front line and combos powerfully with the buffed Duelist's Advance, so now I just take her all the time even when I don't really need the money.
>>
>>340313031
He makes the game.
>>
>>340312593
You're not really leveling up heroes, you're leveling up your estate, which has permanence. To quote: "Some may fall, but their knowledge lives on."
>>
quit on the third quest of the final dungeon. just takes too long to grind new niggas and get enough cash to deck them out.
>>
Quit after my first boss. It was tough but I got her after a few tries.

Then I realized there weren't any reasons to go on and dropped it. I blame my increasing lack of interest in video games in general for it.
>>
>>340313473
That quest is the last real challenge in the game.
>>
>>340313749
>first boss
>her
It took you multiple tries to kill apprentice hag?
>>
>>340310849
>"HA-HA!"
>>
The grind pretty much killed it for me.

Was pretty fun until you can see how much of a grind it is, though.
>>
>>340314229
No, it was the siren. I just assumed it was a female, I don't know why.
>>
>>340314229
Hag can be pretty brutal if you suck and don't understand that you need good 3/4 rank damage.
>>
>>340313124
But he sort of whispers that line.
>>
File: 1364445990458.gif (403 KB, 245x118) Image search: [Google]
1364445990458.gif
403 KB, 245x118
>>340311443
WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT
>>
>apprentice and veteran runs
>oh this is easy I wonder what everyone's problem is
Then
>literal A team with a metagame comp to a champion run
>XDDD LE EPIC RNG DIFFICULTY XD DODGE MISS XD

Holy shit. Champion is complete rubbish.
>>
the game got much better & easier once I realized how overpowered it is to displace enemies. a lot of them can't do shit if there are in the wrong spot
>>
>>340309478
I find rabies amazing on grave robber, jester, and maa. They have enough accuracy to absorb the loss, and their damage gets upped without needing to waste a few turns or trinkets buffing. Really makes riposte with maa even more amazing.
>>
>>340314529
http://www.darkestdungeon.com/topic/my-experiences-with-ng/
>>
>>340314529
champion dungeons are really fucking cheap if you don't have op trinkets

I sent a couple dudes in darkest dungeon and they all died. lost all my really good trinkets. I don't even want to go into champion dungeons anymore
>>
>>340314628
I like rabies on ranged heroes with Ancestor Pistol, especially on a pair of highwamen chaining point blank shots with gunslinger buckle.

It basically changes the overkill +20 ACC into +10ACC and +15% damage.
>>
>>340310542
Same here. I went 22 fucking weeks before one Vestal popped up, I thought it was some bonus character or whatever.

The RNG fucks withy everything.
>>
>>340314938
You literally get a Vestal on week 1, it's pre-set.
>>
File: 1422932757534.jpg (26 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1422932757534.jpg
26 KB, 500x419
>"Another soul battered and broken, cast aside like a spent torch."
>>
File: GODSWILLIT.jpg (83 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
GODSWILLIT.jpg
83 KB, 500x600
Either you enjoy it enough to grind out to a town where you can buy the first Tier 3 upgrades, and try to kill the shit thats down in the basement. Or you grind to a maxed out town, and do the same.
Or you get to the 2nd tier of missions, and get bored.

Its the kind of game that does almost everything right, except for the fact that your ADHD might kick in if the animation queues start pilling up.
>>
>>340309930
I find the leper to be most useful in the warrens and cove. Most cove enemies don't have high dodge and low hp, and warrens you give him his prot/heal and just have him absorb everything while the rest murder. Both things are done better with a crusader though, but he's a good high damage backup.
>>
reading the steam reviews for this game is very sad
>>
It's a game best played sporadically. I can imagine you'd get burned out if you try to marathon the game because of its repetitive nature.
>>
I really want to like this game. I really do. But the RNG is way too infuriating.
>>
File: 684px-Vestal.png (394 KB, 684x599) Image search: [Google]
684px-Vestal.png
394 KB, 684x599
I lost a chunk of good characters in one of the Darkest Dungeons and really didn't have the patience to raise a few new ones anymore.

Been playing since the first beta and have too many hours in it already. I'll go back eventually since the itch is returning, but it's been a while since I last played. Wish they continued coming out with characters and areas though.
>>
>>340315360
Why?
>>
>>340315464
The whole point of the game is to manage and minimize risks.

It's like saying that a need for good reaction time in FPSes is way too infuriating.
>>
>"Prodigious size alone does not dissuade the sharpened blade."

I fucking love how smug this sounds
>>
The writing in this game is good
>>
File: 136-0-1457732434.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
136-0-1457732434.jpg
523 KB, 1920x1080
>>340315713
At least they added one new boss and a cool reskin for Arbalest.

i picked it up just to make a 2 Musketeer 2 Higwaymen gun party.
>>
Got to every dungeon but the Darkest Dungeon in beta. Stopped playing as soon as the game released.
>>
File: 1424184082807.png (659 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1424184082807.png
659 KB, 800x600
>>340314908
Ranged characters can have absolutely INSANE overkill damage if you build them right.

My "mark" team could easily wipe out any Champion dungeon with as much ease as my teams build specifically for those dungeons.
>>
Who has the best crit quotes?

Bounty Hunter's "I called your bluff, friend" is my favourite.
>>
>>340316416
>Ranged characters can have absolutely INSANE overkill damage if you build them right
Yeah.

I think my records are 70+ dmg with Higwayman Point Blank Shot and 50+ with Musketeer Sniper Shot with Mark.
>>
File: 250px-Man-At-Arms.png (58 KB, 250x215) Image search: [Google]
250px-Man-At-Arms.png
58 KB, 250x215
>>340316553
>THIS LINE
>WILL
>NOT
>BREAK
>>
>>340316553
>He killed Wilbur first

The absolute madman
>>
>>340316553
Bounty Hunter has best lines overall.

>chosen to be killed by Heart of Darkness
>"...Hm"
>>
>>340316692
It's pretty good to kill Wibur first if you have a glass cannon type party.
>>
>Hmph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7AieaF6wIw
>>
>>340316692
first time I did swine prince, had no real idea what I was doing. Got the 'what is already dead cannot die' achievement even.

Carbonnel was with me to the darkest dungeon. Then he fell to webbers and spitters.
>>
>>340316553
Not a crit quote, but fuck.

"I AM CLAD IN MORE THAN JUST ARMOR, FAITHLESS DOGS!"
>>
>>340302365

Fucking game for masochists.

It has great music, great combat and great voice acting. BUT it does not feel rewarding enough. Your reward is to overcome the suffering you go through because at the end what awaits you?
- A bunch of stressed out faggots who will suck up your money and your patience.
- Most likely negative quirks for no reason whatsoever after you finished a quest like you should.
- The money you wasted on stress shit and supplies back.
- Shit equipment.

Seriously, I can see the appeal of it and I actually like it, but it would be a much better game if it was a bit more rewarding. It clearly is a game fully dedicated to everyone's masochistic side.
>>
>>340316553
>*snort*
>>
Still waiting on the PS4 version that was supposed to be out two months ago.

They tweeted and said they were bundling in the township stuff first. Pls
>>
I didnt pick this up because I heard it has a lot of grind, but it seemed fun so maybe I'll check it out one day
>>
>>340317060
>>340317171
>>340316553
I also love "The tide rises. And the tide falls." - Leper
>>
>>340316553
>Fighting Hag
>BH gets thrown in the pot
>Everyone else except my Plague dies
>BH crawls out of the pot on death's door
>Take a swing
>Crit her for the kill

Bounty Hunter is such a fucking bro.
>>
>>340317143
This really gets my goat. The negative quirks popping up even when you've had a -perfect- run.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.