[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Morrowind remade for the UE4 >Metal Gear 1 & 2 remade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: mgs3_comparison.jpg (292 KB, 699x600) Image search: [Google]
mgs3_comparison.jpg
292 KB, 699x600
>Morrowind remade for the UE4
>Metal Gear 1 & 2 remade in the fox engine
>a $1000 dollar graphics card to upgrade your current rig for free
>A remake of DQ 8 for modern consoles and rigs
>Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD to come to PC admittedly this is only me

If you want any of these things, you undeniably believe that graphics matter. Discuss
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 480x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 480x487
>>340302060
>a $1000 dollar graphics card to upgrade your current rig for free
What?
>>
>>340302334
I worded that shit terribly. I meant like a new 1080 at your doorstep.
>>
>>340302060
for me, remakes/remasters aren't about graphics
it's about being able to easily play them on modern systems with improve systems/back end/interface
>>
>>340302060
>You will never get the 3DS models/controls/improvements in a core HD release

Why live
>>
>>340302605
This. So many games that I go back to play, and the UI is shitty, or the save system doesn't make sense, or the inventory is impossible to manage.
>>
>>340302060
But I don't want any of these things OP.
>>
>>340302605
>it's about being able to easily play them on modern systems with improve systems/back end/interface
If it's just about playing them, you're better off arguing that they should be on PSN/Xbox Live/Steam/ or whatever the service you're currently using.
The interface improvements would be nice though.

>>340303773
>So many games that I go back to play, and the UI is shitty, or the save system doesn't make sense, or the inventory is impossible to manage.
Fair point. It doesn't necessarily need to be entirely remade though.

>>340303836
Well I guess you don't think graphics matter.
>>
>>340302457
>If you like free stuff that's worth thousands of dollars that means you're a graphics whore
It doesn't work like that, anon
>>
Anyone who says graphics don't matter is retarded.
>>
>>340302060
Graphics do matter. There are just certain games with timeless graphics (for example Super Mario World) and others that look absolutely horrid (most early PS1 games).

That being said, I'm more intrigued by ports than remakes. Bluepoint's efforts are a great example - they usually don't tamper much with the original game's graphics but increase the resolution, adapt it for widescreen displays and show how much better the same game can run on modern hardware.
>>
>>340302060
>Morrowind for UE4
I can dream.

For me, it's about being able to play an old game that I loved on a modern console and that's about it. Some of the VC titles from Nintendo don't have any graphical improvements, but I love them all the same. It's nice that they added things like save states, though. No more traversing through the whole level if you lose to a boss. In games like SF2, they let you fight the same opponent repeatedly in story mode while allowing you to skip the annoying loading screen.
>>
Well yeah when it comes to older games. The fact is we have much better technology now, but I don't think I would ever care for games now to be remastered or remade. But seeing things from 2 gens ago remade is something special
>>
>>340304648
Ok that was a bit extreme. But consider WHY it's worth thousands of dollars.
>>
>>340302060
>Metal Gear 1 & 2 remade in the fox engine

This could completely change the gameplay though. Nothing to do with graphics.
>>
I only like the idea of remakes either for the opportunity of others to discover a game I loved or if the game has aged badly.
>>
>>340307078
It would change everything. Graphics are not the only thing I think about when this comes up. I think about every specific part I liked.
>>
I just want mgs3 that doesn't play like ass.
>>
>>340308030
>what is substanance
>>
>>340308030
So the HD Subsistance?
>>
>>340302741
No 3ds re-release update for better performance on the new 3ds.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.