[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we all agree that this game is a fun 4/10 at best? +Looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: Rust_videogame_logo.png (2 KB, 480x207) Image search: [Google]
Rust_videogame_logo.png
2 KB, 480x207
So can we all agree that this game is a fun 4/10 at best?

+Looks decent-good (depending on your computer)
+Addicting gameplay
+Unique idea
+Updates still going through

-GARBAGE community made up of EBIN MAYMAYERS and CS:GO trash
-Shit system for dealing with hackers
-Unbalanced as fuck
-Dev team is God awful in terms of fixing actual issues
-Shit optimization
-While gameplay is addictive, it is still clunky as fuck
-All weapons except bow, shotgun, and MG42 are garbage to use

Thoughts, /v/?
>>
>>340299778
whatever
just set up a /v/ server already
>>
>>340301137
>add more aids to an already aids community

bad idea anon
>>
>>340301401
two negatives cancel each other out
didn't you have math in elementary school?
>>
Rust is a great way to throw away your time.
>>
>>340301626
If you multiply them.

Adding a negative to a negative only makes it more negative
>>
>>340299778
>Looks decent
Noooo, not really

>Addicting
Sure

>Unique
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's literally Survival Sandbox No. 439

>Updates still going
They're all shit though

>Garbage community
Like every game ever?

>Shit system for dealing with hackers
Don't play at shit servers then

>Unbalanced
Maybe because it's still a beta you dumbass

>Dev team is awful
True

>Shit optimization
True

>Gameplay is clunky
Nice buzzword

>All weapons except bow, shotgun and MG42 are garbage
What the fuck? When I used to play the bolt action and assault rifle were the shit
>>
>>340301951
THE VOID CALLS US ALL
>>
>>340299778
Bolt, crossbow and thompson all feel good to me, and I really dont the game clunky. I used to, but it feels pretty good now.

Clans are the main issue and the only reason I dont play it much anymore. More than 50% of any large server population belong to one of two or more big clans. They dont communicate with you, they only shoot. I dont even think they use the ingame voice chat, they are probably on teamspeak.
I have no idea how that can be fun for them.
>>
>>340299778
Never played it. Played a few other of these types. ARK seems like it could one day maybe be fun
>>
>>340302026
>Nice buzzword
Nice buzzword.
>>
>>340302270
It's already fun, lacks of big community tought
>>
>>340299778
>GARBAGE community made up of EBIN MAYMAYERS and CS:GO trash
what do you expect from a game that is primarily PVP?
>Shit system for dealing with hackers
It's a victim of popularity
>Unbalanced as fuck
In development, but I agree, raiding has been shit for past year and big teams ruin fun
>Dev team is God awful in terms of fixing actual issues
Yup, the sooner garry leaves the better
>Shit optimization
Development
>While gameplay is addictive, it is still clunky as fuck
ok
>All weapons except bow, shotgun, and MG42 are garbage to use
True, no point going out with anything HQM as waterpipe shotgun > all
>>
>>340302415
I played it a bit, it was fun but I didn't like the grind.
>>
>>340302470
True, waterpipes are GOAT
>>
>>340302257
Well, being a NEET 24/7 must be hard work when you're grinding away resources in Rust
>>
File: GYXr5xmj.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GYXr5xmj.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
I'd play a /v/ Rust server.
>>
the futility of playing this game on a decent server has just gone through the roof lately.
Like I was sick one week and I played some rust in the early hours. I got a honeycombed shack up, stoned it all, airlocked it, and felt pretty good, but next morning I woke up with a hole in my wall. The clans literally have enough resources to spend 5-10 rockets raiding tiny bases with no loot in them now. They go on zoning raids, just claiming land around the servers for no reason at all, except to dominate solo players and small groups.

There is literally nothing you can do, they can just fling rockets at your base until youre out of there or keep harassing you endlessly from the sniper towers they build all over.

So all you can really do is join tiny servers where you wont actually meet people, which obviously defeats the whole purpose of the game
>>
>>340299778
The game started out great and delved further into shit as they started adding more shit but never fixing it. Now the game is a broken, unplayable mess.
>>
>>340299778
I fucking loved this when zombies were still in along with them dropping those blue prints

Now the game is complete ass. Atleast I put 100 hours in
>>
>>340303453
Alpha Rust was significantly better than what it is now. The only bad thing was the hackers.
>>
>>340303289
>find pve server
>amass tons of resources on my own easily because lol no pvp ;)
>at IRL night, when everyone is asleep
>log in
>raid everyone
>drop everything in the lake
>log out and never come back
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>340303289
I play solo exclusively, and I have never been raided unprovoked once I had set up in the same matter you claim to have. I usually play on frequented community servers with at least seventy to eighty people.
>>
>>340299778
Here's a question:

What is /v/'s opinion on Garry Newman?
>>
>>340303681
Honestly, 70-80 people is very low, and besides I dont know how the communities vary in different parts of the world.
I play in europe on servers with 200+ people, switching up between five or six different ones and my description accurately describes my experience with the game for the last couple of months.
>>
>>340304117
hes a fucking memelord sperg who should really just stop trying to make shit because he is terrible at it

cringey too
>>
>>340299778
> Looks decent
Yeah, seems about right
> Addicting gameplay
Pretty much skinner-box level. It isn't fun to whack rocks for hours.
> Unique idea
Not really. Maybe? Explain.
> Updates still going on
Yep.
> Garbage community
Not their fault. Any big community is inevitably ass garbage.
> Shit for dealing with hackers
Does any game have a good system for it?
> Unbalanced
Yep.
> Dev team is god awful in fixing issues
Yep. They're a good team in general though.
> Shit optimization
Eh. It's gotten better recently. Basically, their reason is that it's an alpha and if they optimize it now, they'll just be wasting time as they majorly update the game later and need to do all that again.
> Clunky
Could do worse. I like sound and animations.
> MG42
Wait, what?
> All weapons are ass garbage
The assault rifle is good, so is the bolt. The semi-auto rifle doesn't such much either.
>>
>>340304117
Cool dude, better than the 90% of indie devs who are pure ass cancer.
>>
>>340299778
It was better early on when people were somewhat friendly, no everyone kills on sight and form fuckhuge bands of faggots and raid 24/7.
>>
>>340304117
Got lucky with Garry's Mod

Like Bungie with Halo, it was only a matter of time until someone did what he did. Everything else, including Rust, has been shit

Also
>>340304339
this

The amount of memes plastered in Rust are cringey as fuck
>>
>>340304117
He literally pastes memes like "kek" on the stop sign armor.
>>
>>340299778
>no story
>multiplayer only

Honestly 0/10, barely played it for 5 minutes after buying.
>>
>Spawn on a fresh wipe server
>Run up to a naked hitting a tree
>Say hello from a distance whilst jumping up and down to signal my passive nature
>he pulls out a waterpipe and blasts me
>I repeat this process with about 5 different people
Why is no one friendly anymore.
I blame the youtube community personally. All the videos these days are "epic raids" and "10v1 crossbow vs ak's and bolties!" it just promotes a toxic community.
>>
I am playing on some private server and I can say that my experience with this game has been just shit. Mainly because the people are all taught to shoot on sight of anybody.

It could have been such a better experience if the focus was on building a community rather than treating it as a pvp game.

I am saying so because pvp is not fun and most of the time it's who get's the first shot (and that mostly happens because you didn't see the guy or he didn't see you)

I also understand that you need to be weary of raiders, but it reaches a certain point where you basically just focus everything around people not fucking with your shit.
>>
>>340302368
>>Nice buzzword
>Nice buzzword.
Nice meme
>>
>>340305583
Raiding is too expensive.
You have to farm for like 5x as long to raid a base then someone does to defend it.
For example, it costs 1500 stone for a high external stone wall.
You need 3x c4 to blow it up. 3x c4 is like 9k sulfur? I can't remember exactly, but it's waaaay too expensive.
>>
Game needs a karma system or something.
Unprovoked kills turning you into a bandit with a red name tag or something, and going long stretches of non-violence turning your name blue, to signal your good nature.
>>
>>340305561
The entire game is a giant prisoner's dilemma, what did you expect? There's no incentive to trust anyone, and the winners of each conflict get everything.
>>
>want to live in a nice cottage by the river
>can't because building out of wood is not viable and someone smashes into my base every 5 minutes
>have to build a giant honey combed disgusting looking base out of stone and metal that is a total eye sore.
>have to have doors that lead to doors and more doors for security
>walking through my base is a door opening simulator
It's so fucking dumb
You should be able to reinforce walls and doors with materials to increase their hit points, instead of building layer after layer to prevent 12 year olds breaking in.
>>
>>340305843
Doesn't really help either that I have a fucking maze with multiple doors plus onion layers of walls and shit.

I know how to defend it, it's just looks like shit and I feel like I am being a tryhard to combat tryhards.

I was strolling to get some stone and I see a nice comfy cabin near a river by a frosty mountain and I swear to God, that was the most comfy thing I've ever seen.

I'd love to have that, but then I am remembered by all the faggots who would just blow up the door and start looting like it's nothing.

So yeah, this game encourages being a fucking jerk in every aspect and I feel like shit for doing so.
>>
>>340305801
>>>nice buzzword
>>Nice buzzword
>Nice meme
Nice
>>
Why the sudden increase in threads for Rust? Are you just one guy? I know when they did the gender update there was stuff, but why now?

I used to play a lot, but it's currently too grindy without a large group, without a good enough payoff. Waiting for XP.
>>
>>340308019
No. Just made this thread today.
>>
>>340308019
>XP
pls explain
>>
>>340309269
crafting gives you exp which unlocks new blueprints
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.