[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: DRAGNORlogoDRAGON.png (97 KB, 600x293) Image search: [Google]
DRAGNORlogoDRAGON.png
97 KB, 600x293
What went right?
>>
>>340296362
>good gameplay
>nice story
>replayability
>pretty challenging if you did it all by yourself
>expansion was ok, maybe overdid it with some abilities
>>
>>340296362
Comfy hub(campsite)
Good music
Entertaining party banters
KOTOR-style combat and quests
Choices actually matter
Alistair
>>
File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (176 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
176 KB, 300x424
almost everything all things considered

the memory leaks will always be there nothing is ever perfect

even if they decided to remake the game I wouldn't trust current Bioware/EA
>>
>>340296362
It was made by Bioware pre EA.
>>
>all this positivity

I really liked DA:O and liked DA2 for what it was. Best things Origins had going were characters, world building and atmosphere. It was a bit too easy, but the roleplaying aspects were really great and we'll probably not get anything similar from Bioware ever again.

>>340297047
It was published under EA though. They probably lucked out and had the game ready to go right around the time of the acquisition.
>>
>>340297047
Damn it. I came to say this. This thread can be closed now
>>
>>340297284

I liked DA2 as well, even though it was a bad game. There was something to it.
>>
>>340297565
Pretty much just the whole CRPG taking place in and around one town was interesting enough. It was loaded with flaws, but an RPG where you aren't saving the world and just doing smaller things is always nice.
>>
>>340297047
EA still published it. Same with Mass Effect.

We can put a lot of blame on EA, but the reality is the Bioware just naturally turned to shit over time.
>>
>>340297284
>world building

How? It was generic fantasy land.
>>
>>340297935
Well pretty much none of the people who made Bioware good are still around, if any.

Even Casey Hudson was a decent game director before EA lobotomized him.
>>
>>340297284
>>340297935
Mass Effect and Origins were already at the end of it's production cycle at the time of purchase. So EA ended up handling the marketing and publishing obligations. They had little saying regarding the core game.
>>
File: Howe.png (379 KB, 640x618) Image search: [Google]
Howe.png
379 KB, 640x618
>>340297980
when the generic fantasy land is done right what does it matter
>>
>>340297980
They handled the way magic works pretty well. The susceptibility of mages to become corrupt is neat.

I can't recall any generic fantasy that had a copy paste of Islam as a race.

Elves being impoverished is pretty uncommon, even if the Witcher did it years earlier along with countless other paperbacks no one read.

Aside from a few "unique" ideas, they built their rather generic fantasy world competently.
>>
Man I'm still pissed I paid actual money for DA2.

/v/ has been shitting more and more on that game the more we learned pre-release and I was like "ah /v/ is just exaggerating it can't be that bad."

It was even worse.
>>
>>340296362
The origin stories.
The whole Broodmother part.

That's about it, really.
>>
>>340296362

I replaced it recently.

It's really not that good.
>>
>>340297980
It may have been generic, but it was a solid generic fantasy game
>>
low gain did nothing wrong
>>
>>340297980
Sometimes I want generic fantasy land. It's not as easy to get a hold of as people think either. Generic fantasy is usually attached to subpar products or is actually some really high fantasy incorrectly described as generic. Forgotten Realms is a good example. Some days I want to play a Dunmeri pilgrim walking through the marshes to met with my hermaphroditic god king Viviec. Other days I want to be a knight in shining armor whose sworn vengeance on a treacherous count.
>>
>>340298413
It was 100 times better if you either didn't pay for it or paid under $10.
>>
>>340298413
only the combat and the MCwaifu and her sister was good
and some other shit I probably forgot
>>
>>340296362
Nothing really it was generic as fuck, still worth playing once or twice though more than I can say for the other two games in the series
>>
>>340298990
Cheeky male Hawke and waifu tier base female Hawke were also pluses.
>>
>>340296362
Is that build where you play a mage but use swords any good? Battle mage or something, thinking about replaying again.
>>
>>340296362
It was never much more than passable
And then the sequels went to shit
>>
>>340298792

He did everything wrong.

He believed for reasons that defy logic that the Orlesians could spontaneously generate Dark Prawns.

He abandoned his sole hope of actually maintaining power to all be slaughtered, and then forgot about the two in the tower.

He installed himself as Regent instead of installing and manipulating the bastard he had to have known about.

He failed miserably at gaining the Bannorn on his side by not marshaling a competent defense against the Dark Spergs once they really started to appear on the surface.

He was incompetent and borderline insane. I really do wish you could make him do the joining and then banish him to the Anderfels without losing Alistair.
>>
File: Morrigan_profile.jpg (68 KB, 468x642) Image search: [Google]
Morrigan_profile.jpg
68 KB, 468x642
Best girl, fight me faggots.
>>
>>340299303

Arcane Warrior is the best spec in the game, anon. Mix with either bloodmage or spirit healer for extra fun.

In Awakenings, add on Battlemage.
>>
I wish that Bioware would take another jab at DA2, the concept behind it, as anons in this thread have said, was incredibly compelling. Imagine a non rushed DA2 with an actually realized city that changes over the course of 10 years, couple that with real character development and political intrigue it would be one of the most unique settings in a modern rpg.
>>
>>340299429
Only the gays would disagree with you.
>>
>>340299303
It's OP as fuck and I'm mad they took it out of DA2
>>
>>340296686
>right
>Alistair
Alistair wasn't bad, but he was hardly great. Now, Sten & Shale, those were bros. Even if one was a girl. At one point.

>>340298370
>>340297980
Thedas is a pretty unique spin on the all the fantasy tropes. Having not-Rome be a bunch of blood mages whose empire was broken by Joan of Nazareth, only to later invade heaven itself and create the ultimate faceless evil of their universe. In effect, that universe's original sin.
>>
File: archdemon.jpg (365 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
archdemon.jpg
365 KB, 1500x1000
Good combat influenced by classic crpgs, classic wrpg setting done righ, good characters, good music and pretty good story with an actual conclusion, good world design and setting before the whole "empty open world should be in every rpg" meme became a thing.
>>
>>340296362
Most things.

Didn't think that expansion was that good. It was *alright* but so much shit was reused, it was too easy because of how overpowered you became and I had to download a mod to remove the 10 billion spell effects I had on me when I was playing my arcane warrior.

I haven't played Inquisition but I know a bunch of spoilers. I really enjoyed Origins, is it worth buying?
>>
>>340300091
This. Few settings have such a detailed and interesting twist on Christianity
>>
>>340300016
>spirit warrior
>add battlemage to turn lost health into mana
>use mana to DPS enemies or be the team's healer
While I'm still not completely sold on spirit warrior in the base game, using that tome of reset all your shit definitely lets you break the expansion and the post-game DLCs.
>>
File: 150821.png (243 KB, 390x490) Image search: [Google]
150821.png
243 KB, 390x490
Go to Redcliff solo to meet Bann Teagan
>>
>>340299929

Gayfag here.

I don't disagree. He's right, Morrigan is best girl.
>>
>>340298235

It's not 'done right' at all.

They copied a bunch of ideas from other fantasy works verbatim without putting any kind of originality or unique twist on any of them.
>>
File: 1462770260181.jpg (113 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
1462770260181.jpg
113 KB, 1280x718
Well, you know what to do with Orlesians, Elves, mages and Qunari
>>
>>340301474
Bang them so hard they get an aneurysm?
>>
>>340301474
>When you just can't let go of a thread
>>
>>340296362
Well I know what completely sucks. Lelianas voice.
>>
Literally everything
>>
>>340301196
Yeah but they copied good ideas and used them well.
>>
>>340297284
origins was easy. you got to play it on nightmare difficulty. it's honestly hard but fair. some games make hardest difficulty cheese...but DA Origins makes the game solid...unless you're a noob then maybe it's hard. but seriously...by your second playthrough you need to play on nightmare.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.