[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Sucker Punch Game at E3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: sucker-punch-productions.jpg (26 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
sucker-punch-productions.jpg
26 KB, 600x340
Do you guys think we'll be getting a new sucker punch game?
Do you want another infamous game, sly cooper, or new IP entirely?
>>
Sly 5 please
>>
>sucker punch

fucking lol
no thanks
>>
>>340290236
Sucker punch sucks.
>>
>>340290236
Already confirmed to be Spider-Man exclusively for PS4.
>>
>>340290236
Infamous with no delsin please
>>
Spider-Man supposedly

But that also means it will be based on the MCU Spider-Man and no based Bruce Campbell as the narrator/tutorial guide
>>
Second Son was a huge JUST, I'll be shocked if they can come back from it desu
>>
The Spiderman rumors have no ground. People say there is a Spiderman game in production, then someone just mentions Sucker Punch make superhero games and don't have a game announced and people go from that.

inFamous hasn't made a single good melee system in their games, and Spiderman games HAVE to have it.
>>
New inFamous preferably.
>>
>>340290442
>>340290449
Tasteless faggots
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 309x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 309x204
>InFamous reboot titled "iNfAMOUS"
>It's open world
>>
>>340292217
Cole is not a melee guy and neither is the game, 2 was fine for what it was and was fun against the monsters.
>>
>>340292217
InFamous 2's hand-to-hand combat was better than Bamham. Not saying much, but it was an afterthought in InFamous, and the main combat in Bamham, and it was still smoother and faster.

It's an X-men game, bruh. Who wants to run around being Bruce Lee when you could be ice-rocket jumping?

Anyway, just play Sleeping Dogs.
>>
Was the new infamous game any good or even its dlc last light? Was thinking about getting it since the 1st was fun but never played 2nd one.
>>
I hope the spider man rumours are true, moving around the city in Infamous 2 was fantastic.
> dat Ice Jump

They'd just need a new melee combat system and web swinging mechanics

>>340292527
Infamous was already open world....
>>
>>340292936
SS has really good movement system, but it went overboard with how much of a TPS it was and every power is copy pasta. No good boss fights, and the final boss is LITERALLY a tutorial
>>
>>340292936
Wasnt that good and pretty short with the open world having boring repetitive things to do. It was a pretty looking game though.
>>
>>340290236
I'd be game for them doing a Spidey game, though obviously the close-quarters combat'd need to be tightened up a lot from that of inFamous. Also hopefully they wouldn't look to the Arkham games too closely for influence in that regard.
>>
>>340292936
Play 2 ASAP, it's an incredible game.

Second Son is alright, gameplay is fun and graphics are really good, but it just didn't seem to have the "soul" of the first 2, I had fun, but it didn't really grab me.

It's dirt cheap now, and it's worth a playthrough, no idea what the DLC even is.
>>
>>340292936
It's really fucking bad, just get 2, it's much better
>>
>>340292936
Probably the funnest game purely for movement other than Saints Row IV.

It's shit in pretty much every other regard.
>>
>>340292084
Except Second Son was great. I get you didn't like the characters/story, but the gameplay was excellent.

I personally hope for a new infamous since they only seem to get better (at least in terms of gameplay), but I feel like a new IP coming.
>>
>>340292946
>Infamous was already open world

Sandbox.
>>
>>340292217
Only thing a spiderman game needs is a swinging mechanic s like Spiderman 2. If the swinging is shit its a terrible game
>>
>>340293478
Everyone always says spiderman 2 had the best web swinging but what about spiderman 3? wasnt that the same developers and engine?
>>
>>340293026
That end boss fight was so bad
>>
If they do keep multiple powers from SS for a new infamous game, I hope they make them nore interesting and unique. Even doing something like making the melee attacks different would be nice
>>
>>340293449
Forgive my retardation, but can you explain, in a layman's terms, the difference between sandbox and open world?
>>
New sly or a infamous with Cole. Who cares about spiderman games nowadays
>>
a new IP
all their old ones have no appeal to me
>>
sly 5 please
sly 4 was an abomination
>>
>>340295105
marvelcucks.
>>
At the very least they'll throw in some references to Sly in whatever their new project is, SP doesn't want to forget it's roots like Naughty Dog.
>>
>>340293739
I didn't even know Spider-Man 3 had a game.
>>
>>340292936
Second Son is a good game, it's just people on 4chan believe that
>didn't live up to my expectations = irredeemably shit game
And it's only 20 bucks these days, well worth the price despite not being as good as it's predecessor.
InFamous 2 >>> InFamous 1 = InFamous Second Son
>>
>>340295672
What are you even trying to say?

Uncharted 4 litterally has a playable Crash level, and every Uncharted has had Jak and Crash references.
>>
The leaks are saying Spider-man exclusive for PS4
>>
>>340294729
Basically nothing, he's just being retarded.
>>
>>340295369
>Sly 4 was an abomination
Jesus fucking Christ, no it wasn't.
>>
>>340295908
Nintendo is making the next Crash game, it's a leak, son.
>>
>>340296078
Sanzaru games

Now end your pathetic life
>>
>>340295906
oh shit yeah Uncharted 4

But there was a period of time where it seemed like ND wanted people to forget that Crash existed and to only remember Jak and Uncharted
>>
>>340296175
>>340295369
Sly 4 wasn't the best Sly game by any means but it was still better than 3 and overall had good gameplay while being hindered with horrendous load times, a weak final boss, a weak story at times, time constraints, and some very poor character models
>>
>>340296078
Fuck off Sanzaru, you did a shit poormans version of Sly 2 with so many flaws I can't even bother to tell you all of them. You remade the first 3, how could you fuck up so damn hard
>>
I'm not a superhero fag, but I honestly do want to see a spiderman game by them. It'd probably be the first Spiderman game thats excellent on a technical level
>>
>>340295761
how. entire ps3 was built around that . dont you remember PlayStation 3 box arts and shitty conference of E3
>>
>>340290236

>wanting a sucker punch game

It was an awful movie anon. Let it go.
>>
File: 1463521100662.png (66 KB, 247x200) Image search: [Google]
1463521100662.png
66 KB, 247x200
>>340290236
I want Rocket Robot on Wheels 2...
>>
>>340296175
>It was made by different people so it's bad!
And before you say
>B-but Sonic Boom...!
If you commissioned to make a Sonic Boom game would you put any effort into it? Atleast Sanzaru WANTED to make Sly 4 seeing as they were the ones who pitched it to Sony.
>>
>>340296503
Anon, you better be baiting.
>>
>>340296420
Yeah, "so many problems"
>Th-they looked a bit different!
>I-I can't fap to Carmelita's in-game model!
>Th-the final boss was b-b-b-bad!
>>
>>340296598
It was made by the kind of company that is given abandoned franchises to be remade into the new generations Anon, defending them is just no something you do.

I mean, really. A fucking quick time event for a final boas.
>>
>>340296882
I'm not defending Sanzaru, I'm defending Sly 4, and having a QTE final boss doesn't delete all the good parts and bosses that came before it.
>>
>>340296402
>has good gameplay but its bad
>still better than sly 3

So do you work for sanzaru or?

I hope you realise sanzaru are given the refuse of franchises and are told to make a game. See the ratchet and clank series and many more.
>>
File: qswO0HC.gif (215 KB, 179x137) Image search: [Google]
qswO0HC.gif
215 KB, 179x137
>>340290236
>>
>>340296807
Oh right anon, I completely forgot how Carmelita got completely turned into just furry fapbait compared to previously with fucking boob jiggle( one of the most infuriating things since I actually loved her for being competent and badass), her completely turning from a rather hotheaded but determined badass police cop to just some 24/7 pissed off side character with no personality was obviously for the better, sly's face now being as wide as a car window is great, murray being a lazy slob instead of big but strongfat is amazing, the entire twist of one of the most loyal crew members of the clan that went fucking sword to sword with one of the most dangerous pirates in the world turnign against her loved one caus "lol cash" was the best written piece of literature since the apearence of Goosebumps, the combat was also immensely improved by adding charge attacks that barely did any damage and were a nuisance to use in regular combat, really, the most amazing part of all, the staright 10/10 was clearly how every single ancestor but the one they couldn't fuck up was a annoying, arrogant or just stupid motherfucker. That was great.

Not to talk about how just mindblowing the level design is, right? Or the backtracking to get shit, or the load times, or the absolutely amazing PHASE DIVIDED BOSSES, WHICH MAKE YOU THE SAME THING EVERY TIME, JUST AT A SLIGHTLY FASTER PACE, AND ONLY AFTER YOU DO THE PATERN CAN YOU WHACK THE BIG BAD BOSS A COUPLE TIMES, GOOD ANON, BUT DON'T EVEN TRY TO DO IT BEFORE THAT, OR ITS BACK TO SQUARE ONE WITH THE FILLER, OH BOY.

LETS NOT FORGET THE STUPID AMOUNTS OF CONCEPT ART FOR CARMELITA'S DANCE SEQUENCE, SOMETHING COMPLETELY NEEDLESS AND JUST FUCKING PANDERING AND DEGRADING THE BADASS FEMALE COP DONE RIGHT, LETS NOT FORGET HOW CLOCKWERK'S MODEL LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME, LETS NOT MENTION BOB LITERALLY HAS HIS GIMMICK BE WALL CLIMBING WITH FILLER WAITING SHIT, OH BOY.

Not even all of it anon.
>>
>>340297126
Except all the boss fights are bad. All of them are dodging waves of attacks until you get some 'cinematic' cutscene where you whack them for a 3rd of their health before they run off to another platform.
>>
A new infamous game that doesn't have the DLC be better than the main game
>>
>>340298365

That's comparable to every other sly boss

Sly 4 had better presentations in their bosses save for the final

The black knight fight was the best fucking thing in the series ignoring the garbage plot twist
>>
>>340298317
tl;dr
>>
>>340298849
Abolutely fucked everything good with the main love interest of the protag, fucked the established shit with important ones, combat is garbo, bosses are shit, poor mans shit version of sly 2. Do not buy.
>>
>>340298567
>That's comparable to every other sly boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcNzjEbIvu8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNeC4c5vJfQ
Really now, cause it sounds like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Please tell me when in the Black Baron fight he gets stuck in a doorframe and I get to freely beat him for a 3rd of his health? Or where General Tsao starts ice skating and I have to chase him in a cutscene? Or perhaps where Contessa or Dmitri require the use of a stupid costume to defeat?
>>
>>340299040
>playing an animal platformer for the love interest
>>
>>340292527
are you stupid
>>
Didn't it leak that they're doing a spiderman game?
>>
>>340296552
Me too Anon, me too.
>>
>>340296078
>no memorable characters
>no good boss fights
>no reason to fight guards
>shitty missions
>short levels
>a tiny amount of levels
>every level but the last was essentially the same
>>
>>340299247
Nig nog, of course I don't play it for that, but its something they did indeed fuck up tremendously.
>>
>>340290765
The Amazing Spider-Man game had Bruce Campbell in it.
>>
>>340292902
>InFamous 2 had better hand to hand than the Arkham Games
You can't be fucking serious. You have to be the biggest contrarian ever.
>>
>>340298317
>Not to talk about how just mindblowing the level design is, right? Or the backtracking to get shit, or the load times, or the absolutely amazing PHASE DIVIDED BOSSES, WHICH MAKE YOU THE SAME THING EVERY TIME, JUST AT A SLIGHTLY FASTER PACE, AND ONLY AFTER YOU DO THE PATERN CAN YOU WHACK THE BIG BAD BOSS A COUPLE TIMES, GOOD ANON, BUT DON'T EVEN TRY TO DO IT BEFORE THAT, OR ITS BACK TO SQUARE ONE WITH THE FILLER, OH BOY.

Would you prefer just mashing square at the boss until it's beat?
>>
>>340301582
You mean exactly what you do in Sly 4 but now you take turns doing it like a goddamned pokemon battle.
>>
>>340301582
>El tigre fuckboi or Dimitri
>Angry lollypop craving midget armadillo or Rajan
>Ms Trumpet in her Trunk or Contessa
>

Yes, I would actually. Atleast I feel like Im doing something to the fucker instead of waiting for the oportune time to reflect the bloody obvious projectile that lets me actually hit my oponent, instead of being beaten in the head for daring to not like the boring filler that is dodging its patterns around 6 times before I can hit it for a third of its heath and repeat it two more times to win.

Its dull. Its beyond dull, its fucking shit design only a 2nd grade company could think would work well or be fun for any fucking platformer with combat that was made after 2004 for fucks sake.
>>
File: 1444008708110.jpg (30 KB, 682x823) Image search: [Google]
1444008708110.jpg
30 KB, 682x823
a spiderman gaem just like that one on the ps2 but better
>>
>>340293375
>People didn't like the characters
I genuinely got mad when Augustine killed Reggie, although her big speech at the end kind of brought up the cliche moral ambiguity of it all.
>>
>>340296807
Come on now nigger, what did I say that was wrong.
>>
>>340302460
Web of Shadows already exists anon.
>>
>>340297241
No you retard. I said it has good gameplay and world/level design but the story and some of the character designs are shit. Sly 3 had worse gameplay because of all the shitty minigames and it's story was shit too.
>>
>>340298317
>all that shit about bossfights
Literally every boss except Clockwork has been dodge this for a bit then you get to actually hit but only then, and once you do now he has two attacks that you have to dodge and then it repeats until death
kill yourself
>>
>>340290535
Which Spiderman though
>>
File: 1426824797901.png (117 KB, 241x276) Image search: [Google]
1426824797901.png
117 KB, 241x276
>>340296807
>Yeah, "so many problems"
It did though
>>Th-they looked a bit different!
Murray looks like shit, Carmelita looks like shit, Dimitri looks like shit.
>>I-I can't fap to Carmelita's in-game model!
They tried to make Carmelita more fap-bait and it ended with an anorexic meth addict
>>Th-the final boss was b-b-b-bad!
>implying a QTE boss fight is acceptable
>also forgetting to mention things like the load times, shit story, Bob, the belly dancing minigame, and Penelope
>>
File: NiggaMan.jpg (68 KB, 655x682) Image search: [Google]
NiggaMan.jpg
68 KB, 655x682
>>340306027
>>
>>340305914
There comes a point where you should really be able to tell if what you think is bullshit or not anon. You are beyond past it.

Yes anon, because Rajan had me wait out for him to attack every single time for about a minute before I had to beat him to a third of his health, because I really did need to dodge paterns and patiently wait my turn like a pokemon batle with the contessa boss batle, because the 3 shots wait period on dimitri, which could be dodged anyhow, is really comparable to the bollocks of the fuckboi military tiger who conqueed a bunch of literaly who countries, the western obsessed mafia armadillo that went back in time to eat lollypops and be a ass, the absolutely shit tier of a elitist snob vilain that wanted fucking skunk dick and didn't give a shit about anything else, lets not forget the street criminal Bear that just wanted to skate on ice so went back to the fucking ice age to paint, and the skunk who invented a time machine so his daddy would win against sly's dad.

All of them were awfull vilains with awfull motivations, and all of them sucked ass when fighting them.

Dodge pattern for a minute, reflect/whatever, now boss is stuned, beat his ass for a third of health, repeat cycle till dead
>>
File: 1463358747893-1.png (1 MB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
1463358747893-1.png
1 MB, 940x940
If it's a new InFamous, I would have faith in Sucker Punch to not fuck it up like they did with SS.
Hell, I think they could even do Spiderman justice if the leaks are true.
>>
I just want a new sly game you cant keep fans hanging after the ending to sly 4
>>
>>340307102
Second Son really felt unpolished but the game is still one of the best looking on the console.
I'd like to play another infamous, but SP need to make a better combat system.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.