[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually think this is good quest design? Pressing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: witcher3 2015-07-25 15-44-29-69.jpg (89 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-07-25 15-44-29-69.jpg
89 KB, 1440x900
Do people actually think this is good quest design? Pressing mouse right and letting Geralt guide you through the questline?
>>
Witcher 3 quest aren't about giving you a challenge, they're about telling you a story. Geralt is the hero, he's the smart one who figures everything out, not you. You're just along for the ride.
>>
>>340291207
Then why not make it a movie
>>
>>340291749
too long
>>
>>340291749
Because movies aren't art.
>>
you gotta get from point A to point B somehow. Witcher senses just expedite the inevitable.
>>
Any mod that makes witcher senses a bit less annoying to use? less zoom and camera effects basically.
>>
File: srtujrt.jpg (199 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
srtujrt.jpg
199 KB, 600x438
>>340289745
Witcher 3 is great in pretty much every single way apart from the actual gameplay.
>>
>>340291749
Because the video game medium allows for it to be more interactive and cheaper than it would be as a movie.

The "why can't it just be a movie" argument is such a cop out.
>>
I actually just started playing this myself. Everyone told me to play it very carefully on the Hardest difficulty to have fun.

I'm maybe five hours in dicking around in White Haven or whatever and I'm just bored. Sure, I'll die every once in a while, but I just don't feel anything. What am I doing wrong? I'm playing it like a Ubisoft open-world game simulator.
>>
>>340293330
Turn off the fucking question marks on the map for starters.
>>
>>340293330
It's a pretty dull game unless you're really invested in the series. The combat is pretty shit and the characters aren't too likable.
>>
>>340293330
It is essentially an open world simulator with one of the biggest gary stus in existence. Imagine the worst self insert character possible and you have 120h of Witcher 3.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 610x885) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 610x885
>>340293330
Why did you buy a game you have no interest in?
>>
File: 79H8E5X.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
79H8E5X.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
>>340289745
It's over lads. Don't know what to do now, what to play. Every game after W3 feels like shit.
>>
SHUT THE FUCK UP, LOOK AT HOW MANY GOTY AWARDS IT GOT

I'M SURE YOU'RE JUST A BLUNDERBORNE FAG OR KOJIMADRONE WHO CAN'T GET OVER PRECIOUS GOTY AWARDS
>>
>>340293330
Same here, stopped after Keira's quest

>>340293629
Because he has heard that it's awesome and he wanted to try it instead of watching some gay let's plays on YouTube?
>>
>>340293476
I guess that would be pretty helpful. I am sort of just running directly to each one and resolving whatever the fuck is happening and moving on, but is the world rich enough to justify trudging through, or is it just empty on the way to each point?

>>340293494
I like the idea of the combat. I like that I kind of have to prepare for encounters; my friends were definitely right to play it carefully on a difficulty that pushes me. Almost gives me a STALKER vibe. But holy fuck, is it floaty...

>>340293629
Well, I did have some interest in it. Everyone was talking about it and I got it on the discount. Figured I'd enrich myself...despite not really playing the other ones. I've never really done that before with a game series.
>>
childish question.
>>
>>340293954
>I like the idea of the combat. I like that I kind of have to prepare for encounters; my friends were definitely right to play it carefully on a difficulty that pushes me.
Play MMOs, Diablo or any other buff/potion heavy game.
>>
>>340293954
>but is the world rich enough to justify trudging through, or is it just empty on the way to each point?
Yeah, it is quite rich. There's alot of attention to detail in environmental design that not everything feels copy pasted. The question marks themselves just turn the experience more into a checklist rather than allowing you stumble onto points of interest by chance.
>>
>>340291749
Because their shit story is held to a lower standard as a game than it would be as a movie.
>>
>>340293330
I found out the game isn't really fun unless you are invested into the franchise, even the books.

Couldn't even finish the first game back in the day in 2008. Would get to the part where you reach the trade district in Chapter 3. Then I found out the books were getting translated, so I started reading them and the more I fun I had playing it. The fun is finding the characters in the book appearing in the game like "Oh shit, it's motherfucking Dandelion".

Witcher games were made for the diehard fans, not the shitty pleb casualfags simply picking it up cause they heard tiddies were involved.
>>
>>340294072
Hate MMOs. I don't want encounter preparation to be a part time job...A happy medium of doing it on the fly and in the field feels a lot better for me.
>>
>>340294227
>>340293494
That's fucking rough. I tend to dislike a lot of fantasy settings, too. I was just kind of hoping the third one had the spark or something that would get me into it.

Well fuck. I guess I'll keep it up, but fuck.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.