[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 21
File: Nagito3.png (120 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
Nagito3.png
120 KB, 960x560
What are your thoughts on this character?
>>
>>340286720
Just started dr2. He's chill, cool in my book
>>
>>340286835
leave this thread, don't get spoiled
>>
>>340286835
get out of here boy spoiler are coming
>>
>>340286720
Literally me. Smart, handsome, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
File: 1384355135-16169000.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1384355135-16169000.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
I just buyed a pvc statue of nagito, grinned a little when i saw the extra hand on the bottom of the box
>>
>>340287370
i dont like you
>>
I enjoy the concept of someone going to the extremes to satisfy their ideals of hope, making them look like a madman in the process

also the idea of a character being perfectly fine with co-operating with a killer and even dying for them makes the game much more interesting, but unfortunately thats never used to its full extent
>>
>>340286720
made the game
>>
Pretty disturbing, insane character. He made the story a lot more exciting and interesting.
>>
>>340286720
Literally the only worthwhile thing in DR2.

Also, dat laugh.
>>
he was a help more than was a trouble
>>
>>340286720
Literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>340290589
2-1: trouble
2-2: trouble (barely helps in the class trial, only thing he figures out are the footprints which were a red herring, he's the one that convinced Mahiru to play the video game)
2-3: help
2-4: help
2-5: trouble
>>
>>340290781
>(barely helps in the class trial, only thing he figures out are the footprints which were a red herring, he's the one that convinced Mahiru to play the video game)

You can't blame him for writers' incompetence.
>>
>>340291021
That's not writer's incompetence, that case just isn't about him.
>>
>>340291105
Having Saionji as a red herring added nothing, and just made it drag on longer. Honestly, who thought that it was her? It made no sense from a motive perspective (though, to be entirely honest, that flies out of the window by Case 3). All the cases had bullshit like that. They used used Komaeda as a means to cement that diversion and pad out the playtime.
>>
>>340291264
What do you mean "added nothing"? The most obvious motive was Fuyuhiko, not Saionji. She fell into a trap.
>>
>>340291426
It added nothing because it didn't expand on a character (like Togami's interference in Fujisaki's scene), didn't misdirect the player from Fuyuhiko (and why the asspull with Pekoyama? To get rid of her, I guess). It was totally meaningless, just some extra evidence to get out of the way until you continue through to the actual casework.

All the cases sucked, though. Except 3.
>>
File: animated_sprite_cute.gif (510 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
animated_sprite_cute.gif
510 KB, 480x280
Chiaki a cute!
>>
File: 1464717839075.jpg (73 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1464717839075.jpg
73 KB, 400x534
>>340286720
Carried the entire game. Best character.
>>
>>340291570
expanded on Saionji, really it's the only Hiyoko-focused thing that happens in the entire game. It did misdirect the player from Fuyuhiko, who had the most obvious motive. It wasn't an asspull with Peko, that was her entire character. Just because you don't like the story beats doesn't mean they were a waste of time.
>>
>>340291795
Nah, Peko was a shit character and the whole "tool lmao" was fucking terrible. It literally could have been anyone if they so wanted to.

Terrible case.
>>
>>340286720
Literally did everything wrong.
>>
>>340291795
They were a waste of time, though. No one would expect Saionji because her greatest character expansion was that she was too clumsy to tie her kimono sash, and got close to megadyke Mahiru for that reason. Fuyuhiko made sense, and they pointed so strongly toward him, that it seemed like that was the way they would get the player to suspect Saionji.

>Fuyuhiko wants to kill the megadyke because of the gaem.
>Can't be; is too obviously!
>Then it must be Mahiru, because the footprints.
>Wait! No! Pekoyama's actually an assassin and her sword was the clue! Plus, she was super wet when she came to the diner! It makes sense once you think about it!

It all makes sense, but the reasoning is an asspull, and the misdirections are all clumsy as fuck and just bloat the case until it's boring to go through. DR2 was just sloppy that way. If they handled Pekoyama better, then it would have made sense, but they had to pull it out of the ass that Yakuza Boy had his 'sword' to rely on.
>>
>>340291916
under that reasoning any character could've been any character. That was Peko's character, it was consistent with her character, you're still not making clear what your problem is
>>
>>340292121
>it was consistent with her character
0/10
>>
>>340292075
>>Then it must be Saionji*
>>
>>340292075
It's like Nagito implies in the first ten minutes of that trial. If Fuyuhiko was the blackened, it'd be the worst class trial in the series because he so obviously had the strongest motive. But his motive was so strong that he had to factor in somehow.

The misdirections weren't "asspulls", they were traps set up before Hiyoko even showed up.

Full disclosure: Peko was the only person I figured out was the blackened before the class trial in SDR2. So I especially don't think it was an asspull, it made sense because she's the only one that could've gotten the blood off.
>>
>>340292204
>subservient character becomes the blackened to serve her master
how is that not consistent
>>
>>340292486
He's unable to understand anything. He's a shitposter, leave him alone since he'll probably never understand something as simple as defining character traits.
>>
>>340292376
>It's like Nagito implies in the first ten minutes of that trial. If Fuyuhiko was the blackened, it'd be the worst class trial in the series because he so obviously had the strongest motive.

Yeah, they hung a lot of lampshades. It was more of a:
>What we're doing is stupid, we know it's stupid, but we're going to do it anyway!
sort of deal.

>The misdirections weren't 'asspulls', they were traps set up before Hiyoko even showed up.
Yeah, unnecessarily, too. Who the fuck would suspect Saionji? It makes zero logical sense. It's almost as if it was just there to make the case drag out longer because they couldn't make it interesting without having some sort of contrivance, but also had to factor in the unrelated component to mirror the second case from the first game.

>The spoiler
Yeah, I had it figured out too, but it was stupid and it was dragged out. I went back on that assumption several times because of how little sense it made, and:
What the fuck was with the serial killer killer nonsense? That was totally unnecessary and stupid without knowing their relationship, which was totally unnecessary and stupid in the first place. It was just clumsy writing and bloat.
>>
>>340292486
>>340292640
>that obvious samefagging
Holy shit.
>>
>Fuck this shit, I'm summarizing this case
>still end up having to do the closing argument
Why
>>
>>340292694
What did they do that was stupid? Fuyuhiko's a hothead and he just found out his sister got killed and Mahiru covered it up. His familial feelings and his Yakuza upbringing are telling him to kill Mahiru, but he's too kind-hearted in nature to go through with it until Mahiru pushes him. It's not an intelligence thing.
>Yeah, unnecessarily, too. Who the fuck would suspect Saionji? It makes zero logical sense. It's almost as if it was just there to make the case drag out longer because they couldn't make it interesting without having some sort of contrivance, but also had to factor in the unrelated component to mirror the second case from the first game.
Hiyoko was easy to lure because of her relationship with Mahiru. She was also easy to frame because of her connection to gummies. She's also a mean-spirited bitch so she could be a killer. Finally, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, as she showed by refusing to tell the truth straight up. She made for a perfect patsy.
>the serial killer stuff
It was there to draw more attention on Peko, so that they'd vote for her. Her ideal situation would be them voting for anybody other than Fuyuhiko, with him as the blackened. That way he wins the killing game.
>>
>>340293237
If you're talking about case 2-4 then you didn't pay any attention to what happened afterwards. New elements were introduced that Nagito hadn't considered, which is why the Closing Argument was necessary in that case.
>>
>>340293565
Literally the only thing that happens between his argument and Hajime's is the PTA and the revelation of the Four Dark Devas
>>
>>340293267
Fuyuhiko's motivations were totally right, I agree. That's absolutely correct, but it's also what makes the case so weak. Since his motivations are too strong, it would be impossible for the player to suspect him, since, duh, it can't be that obvious.

Regarding Hiyoko: the gummy connection is one of the weakest parts of the case, and a source of major confusion. That we're expected to assume the yellow gummy is lemon makes sense, but it doesn't make sense that there are 'no yellow gummies in the package' - the package graphic shows yellow gummies. As for the other parts, yeah, sure, we can argue that until the sun comes up, but it makes no sense in terms of storytelling other than giving us a reason to look away from Fuyuhiko for a half hour. Give us a better reason for that, instead of shoehorning in Saionji.

Again, it makes sense in the situation, but it's the situation that just doesn't work well. It's cheap, it's contrived, and it's only there to prolong things instead of having more interesting reasons.
>>
>>340293816
It's still new information. Plus, are you saying you don't dig the theme that plays when the Closing Argument is played out, and that the comics are some of the best parts of a trial? Come on, don't be ridiculous.
>>
>>340293267
also just to add on more evidence that this wasn't an "asspull", it's foreshadowed earlier in the game. Peko is the one who constantly brings Fuyuhiko back into the fold in the first chapter. Souda comments that she looks like an assassin in the first class trial. Hiyoko has a love of candy, etc.
>>
>>340294007
And Owari mentioned that only a ninja could get in and out of the window. Forgive me, asspull was the incorrect phrase to use here, I'll admit that: it all makes sense, but it's not used right. It feels totally forced the way they used it.
>>
>>340294007
Asspull is not the correct word, but the whole thing felt forced as fuck.
>>
>>340294271
Funny enough that was less obvious and forced than Mikan's EVERYTHING and the soundproof room/hamsters pushing the button in Gundham's case.
>>
>>340293891
>Fuyuhiko's motivations were totally right, I agree. That's absolutely correct, but it's also what makes the case so weak. Since his motivations are too strong, it would be impossible for the player to suspect him, since, duh, it can't be that obvious.
Which isn't a problem because Fuyuhiko spends approximately 0% of that class trial as the primary suspect. Whenever the mood could shift towards him, Peko changes the subject. They only figure out Fuyuhiko was even in the ROOM after the vote. They even come up with that weird ninja sword escape thing for Peko instead of the more obvious thing in my mind, that Peko and Fuyuhiko helped each other escape. I think Fuyuhiko's involvement was perfect in that case, you're supposed to be suspicious of calling him out because his motive is so strong. Even one of the characters essentially points that out, as I said earlier. Compare to something like the Celeste case in DR1 where she's the primary suspect before the murder even happens. That's a case of bad writing.
>Regarding Hiyoko: the gummy connection is one of the weakest parts of the case, and a source of major confusion. That we're expected to assume the yellow gummy is lemon makes sense, but it doesn't make sense that there are 'no yellow gummies in the package' - the package graphic shows yellow gummies. As for the other parts, yeah, sure, we can argue that until the sun comes up, but it makes no sense in terms of storytelling other than giving us a reason to look away from Fuyuhiko for a half hour. Give us a better reason for that, instead of shoehorning in Saionji.
I had no problem with the gummy thing. It's some stupid art error, the text box pretty much made clear there weren't supposed to be any yellow gummies. It's established she likes candy, it's established she likes Mahiru. Not only was she not shoehorned, I think she was created for that one part in that one class trial.
>>
>>340293891
>Again, it makes sense in the situation, but it's the situation that just doesn't work well. It's cheap, it's contrived, and it's only there to prolong things instead of having more interesting reasons.
How am I supposed to come up with an argument against this? If you don't like it, you don't like it. But to me the character motivations make sense, everything is properly foreshadowed, the murder plan makes sense, and the characters don't come off as Jesus like figures or scum of the earth. Seems like the perfect DR case to me, and it's not even my favorite.
>>
>>340294509
Oh, no mistake, most of the game is just like that. Mikan's whole motivation makes no sense, until we get down to it, even though the case is the tightest.

>>340294514
I'd argue that it's not: it's fine for us to expect Celeste in the beginning, and all the way through, since the whole point is to PROVE that they're the blackened. Having some ambiguity around that is fine, definitely, but throwing out a bunch of red herrings that you can justify, but are totally forced, just doesn't sit right. It feels like padding, especially when you do figure out who the blackened is, but have to cut through twenty different possibilities to do so.

So, Saionji literally just exists to be used as a tool in a case where any other red herring could be introduced? That's what I'd call an example of bad writing, and one of the fundamental flaws in DR2. Either the character is a one-note that exists just for one thing (basically, Maizono and Leon through the whole thing), or it makes no sense for the character to be the blackened until the EMOTIONAL BACKSTORY OF THE CHAPTER arrives.

>>340294693
>The murder plan makes sense.
Luring together the two characters makes sense, but it doesn't make sense to suspect the lured one: there's literally no motivation for Saionji to off Mahiru, it's far too obvious for the player, and makes just for padding. Why not lure the creepy nurse in, instead? There's different ways to handle it that wouldn't have come off as artificial as having Saionji suspected for killing her only emotional rock on the islands. Plus, let's factor in the backstory, which, while foreshadowed, is just stupid. Yakuza, that I can accept; the kendo master being just a tool for that Yakuza to swing around, just so we can have more sympathy for Fuyuhiko and maybe make one or two people shed a few tears at the shitty execution scene? Not really.
>>
>>340295052
>even though the case is the tightest.
What the fuck, that case was horrible and with more holes than swiss cheese, I can't take you seriously if you genuinely believe this, I don't know whether to call you different or just retarded.
>>
>>340295052
What you call red herrings are basically just ways the killer tries to get around getting called out in a class trial. In 1-3 it was basically everything involving Hagakure. I don't see how you can criticize the game for that, if the killer didn't try to throw people off THAT'D be worth criticism.

I disagree with you, it's perfectly fine to have a character serve a singular purpose. You mentioned Sayaka and Leon, they were there for the 1-1 case. Sayaka especially, I think, was a fully actualized character, and she might have less screen time than anybody in the series other than Mukuro. In Hiyoko's case, she's there to be the patsy in Mahiru's class trial. You don't need to be the blackened to have your character revealed, and as I said earlier most of Hiyoko's character beats come in that class trial.

Hiyoko obviously had a motive to kill Mahiru: to win the killing game. DR constantly plays on the dual-faced nature of man, I don't think it's irrational to suspect someone like Hiyoko of killing someone. I mean, the first thing you see her doing is killing animals. The game is trying to shift suspicion on her from the moment you meet her.
And I did feel sympathy for the "top three" in that case. Fuyuhiko for losing his cool and essentially leading to two deaths, including a person dear to him. Mahiru because she was caught in a shitty situation where two people died on her behalf. Peko because only right before the execution does she realize that she never had to be a tool.
>>
>>340295621
All the evidence made sense and nothing was there to bloat the case. It wasn't boring, the logic was there, and its only flaw was that Mikan snapped and your only clues were that she was hot when sleeping on you, which, hey, have you ever had a woman sleep on you before? It is kinda stuffy.

>>340295836
Except the Hagakure thing didn't waste my time or bore me during the case. It was pretty well-done, since it led away from the actual killer, didn't totally distract from the main line, and could be discarded easily. There's no point in just bloating the time spent on a case, it's just clumsy writing to drag a twist on as long as it was this time. Hagakure's involvement took up the perfect amount of time for a red herring.

No, they already had come out: she liked candy, was foul-mouthed, and Mahiru was her sole emotional rock because the megadyke saw a chance to get some sweet lolibutt by tying a kimono sash.

>to win the killing game.
Yeah, everyone had that motive.
>dual-faced nature of man
Which was what Mahiru served with Saionji.
>irrational to suspect someone like Hiyoko of killing someone
Not her one emotional rock.
>first thing you see her doing is killing animals
Yeah, as a counterpoint to her cute exterior, because muh juxtaposition.

Fuyuhiko wouldn't have caused those two deaths if the motivations weren't so forced. Mahiru was just Mahiru, there's not much to write home about the megadyke, and the only reason they didn't off her before Twogami was because of the epic twist. Pekoyama's little moment of emotion was so forced that I couldn't help but cringe at how badly the writers were trying to MAKE me feel something.
>>
>>340295621
>Literally the most obvious as fuck case since all the evidence points to Mikan
>Full of holes

Beyond retarded.
>>
>>340296689
They still failed to explain how Ibuki stepped on a pool of blood like it was nobody's business
That's a huge plot hole
>>
>>340297115
The Gullibility Fever. She was probably told to hang herself by Tsumiki, and had to step through Saionji's blood to do so.
>>
>>340296313
I just don't buy your differentiations of the Hagakure stuff and the stuff in 2-2. They didn't "distract" from the case any more than that other stuff, whether you got bored by it is your own opinion.
To be frank, I didn't really see the depths of Hiyoko's love of Mahiru until the class trial and after. Until then she just seemed like a clingy kid with maybe a little something more there. But Hiyoko's relationship with Mahiru isn't the only characteristic about her, that only really lasts a chapter anyway.

>Everyone had that motive
and it's a powerful motive you can't discount with "she had no motive." Almost everyone has a motive at all times in DR.
>Which was what Mahiru served with Hiyoko
except both those characters are multifaceted. Mahiru is caring, responsible, and social. She's also a person who will cover up a murder. Hiyoko's a cunt, but she's got a softer side with people she trusts.
>Not her one emotional rock
I think you're overstating their relationship. Sayaka setting up Naegi in DR1 seemed to be a bigger betrayal to me.
>Yeah, as a counterpoint to her cute exterior, because muh juxtaposition.
or, as I said earlier, dual faced nature of men. See Monokuma.

Of course Fuyuhiko wouldn't have caused those deaths if he didn't have a strong motive, he's essentially a good person at heart. Mahiru was just as much made for this case as Hiyoko was, IMO. Not sure what to say for your Peko thing, I thought it was brilliant. Especially since she says about 5 minutes before that that she'll never fall to despair, and then she does before the execution even happens.
>>
>>340297267
And she still didn't hang herself
>>
For those comparing Saiyonji to Sayaka and Leon for being characters just there to fulfill a purpose, the purposes of Sayaka and Leon were to be impactful on the world around you.

Sayaka is shown to be a Maya-esque assistant to make you think this is a game like that and then BAM, she's the first dead

Leon is there to show that the students can and will kill, as well as be the one to show off the brutality of the executions in a more frightening way since there isn't much time to get attached to him.

Saiyonji doesn't feel like she has a real purpose as a red herring, and it's likely she would have gotten a little bigger one had she been a survivor like originally planned. That change in development just turned her into a rather pointless character.
>>
>>340296313
>and Mahiru was her sole emotional rock because the megadyke saw a chance to get some sweet lolibutt by tying a kimono sash
Looks like someone misunderstands Mahiru's character. Mahiru is as traditionalist as possible. She is in no way a lesbian. Her father was super lazy so she projects those expectations onto every male person she meets. She just needs to realise that every male person isn't as lazy as her dad. Ultimately, she wants to be helpful towards those she cares about. That's what made her want to help Saionji: she just wanted to help her, which nobody else wanted to do. This is again consistent with her character.

>>340297115
>>340297267
Ibuki didn't commit suicide, she was strangled by Mikan. The only reason she was hanging where she was, was because Mikan lowered the rig so she could hang Ibuki from that hight. The only reason you remember the event like this is the short clip that Hajime (or rather, you, the player) saw, which obfuscated the entire situation. If you'll remember, the status of the rope didn't entirely match up with the story of Ibuki committing suicide at all. Despite the rope being brand-new, the middle part of the rope was clearly torn and used. The only explanation behind this is that Ibuki was strangled by Mikan first, and _then_ suspended by Mikan.

Hell, this is the only reason the candle is found at the Music Venue in the first place. To confuse the player. I must say, if you argue like this, it had a considerable effect on you.
>>
>>340297403
Disagree, I think Hiyoko got a lot more development than Leon got. I don't think there's anything wrong with a character serving one purpose in this series, especially with the cast as big as it usually is. I think Hiyoko served her purpose well and I'm glad she got killed off for Fuyuhiko.
>>
>>340286720
Best voice in the game.
>>
>>340297536
Not either of those two posters, but why does it matter? Ibuki was in the room with somebody who just got killed. The blood on her shoes were used as evidence to show that Mikan is trying to obscure the order of the deaths. How she got it is immaterial; we don't know what was going on with Ibuki in her last moments.
>>
File: Beta_Taka_and_Byakuya_design.jpg (2 MB, 1622x2309) Image search: [Google]
Beta_Taka_and_Byakuya_design.jpg
2 MB, 1622x2309
>>
>>340297331
The Hagakure stuff in 1-3 didn't overstay its welcome. It could have been handled a bit better, but, still, it never dragged on.
Saionji clearly relied on Mahiru, and after her death she was devastated. That's why she ran past the diner in tears instead of telling anyone. Also, if it just lasts a chapter, why have it there except to fit the case in somehow?

>and it's a powerful motive you can't discount with "she had no motive."
Except she had all the motive to not kill Mahiru: her emotional dependence.
>Hiyoko's a cunt, but she's got a softer side with people she trusts.
And that's what Mahiru is there to expose.
>I think you're overstating their relationship.
Again, Saionji was fucking devastated at Mahiru's loss, and there were hints all up and down the line that she was beginning to rely on the megadyke as an elder sister/matron figure.
>dual-faced nature of men
No, it was a cheap juxtaposition. Monokuma got hit a little with the clumsiness, but not as much, and even so, it's forgiveable in between the Usami/Monokuma manzai bits and his behavior in DR1.

>I thought it was brilliant.
I think that shows that we're going to get nowhere in discussing this.

>>340297350
>>340297536
Right, forgot that she didn't hang herself. It did throw me for a bit of a loop...guess it was a bit of clever misdirection, then.

As for the Mahiru bit, I never bothered to get to know her better because she was boring. Still, what was up with that super-obvious blush, then? Just shyness at exposing her caring side? With just Saionji? Or is it because she's embarrassed to take the older sister role? Either way, she's still there as an obvious emotional rock for Saionji to rely on.
>>
File: eden.jpg (132 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
eden.jpg
132 KB, 500x375
Okay, /v/. Which one of these two would you distrust
>>
>>340297780
>we don't know what was going on with Ibuki in her last moments.
Ibuki was not stupid. She wanted to live. Literally one of her first comments after being affected by the disease was her begging for her life
There was a pool of blood out in the stage. Why the fuck did she step on it? and why in the fuck did Mikan not clean it before Ibuki stepped on the stage? at that point Saionji was already a goner
Such crucial questions that the player is expected to answer in order to understand the mystery and not even the game properly explains them. That's shitty writing. Maybe you should learn what is bad writing before doing your rants.
>>
>>340297929
I found the Hagakure stuff annoying because I went into it thinking Celeste was the killer, and if you approach that case with that mindset it becomes obvious. But I don't begrudge the case for trying to obscure the real killer, that's what the blackened should be trying to do.
As I said, at the class trial and after. Hiyoko running away you could just as easily attribute to seeing any dead body and Hiyoko being emotionally immature.
>Except she had all the motive to not kill Mahiru: her emotional dependence.
except she had a motive: her own survival.
>And that's what Mahiru is there to expose.
I suppose, but I feel like Mahiru has a higher purpose than just making Hiyoko redeemable.
>Again, Saionji was fucking devastated at Mahiru's loss
as I said, during the class trial and after. A lot of her devotion to Mahiru is revealed during and after the time you're figuring out she couldn't have done it.
>No, it was a cheap juxtaposition.
call it whatever you like. As for Monokuma, I meant that he's literally black and white with a happy bear face and a scary bear face. DR likes to focus on a person's good and bad sides.
>I think that shows that we're going to get nowhere in discussing this.
Sorry you didn't like the case as much as I did.
>>
>>340298260
Ibuki was pretty stupid, just going off how she worked in a class trial. Add in the fact that she had the naive disease and could be told to do anything by anyone, I could see her walking over some blood. Or maybe she did it while Mikan was handling Hiyoko and Mikan didn't notice. Either way we'll never know, but the nature of Ibuki's disease makes it pretty easy for her to walk in a pool of blood.
>>
>>340286720
Pretty annoying character till after the fun house. Then he's pretty great.
>>
>>340298706
Ibuki's not that stupid if you look at her free time events. She does have actually intelligent musings with Hajime and she does show that she considers life important. I think her way of handling the trials is more a coping method to the absurd situation more than anything.
>>
>>340298974
that sounds like bullshit. If she's using a life or death situation as a coping mechanism then she's stupid.

But whether she's stupid or not doesn't really matter. If anything the smart move would've been to step in some blood as that ended up hurting Mikan's case. But I doubt she intentionally did either, considering her mental state at the time.
>>
File: Junko explains Thicc.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Junko explains Thicc.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Nagito was a huge faggot who ruined everything and got cutie Chiaki crushed. I will never forgive him and I hope he's the only one of who never wakes from their coma. He also had the audacity to steal Junko's beautiful, magnificent arm.
>>
>>340298706
She's not stupid, and her disease is not naivety. She also wasn't there when Saionji was murdered, she was taken from the hospital afterwards when Saionji corpse was hiding in the pillar. You would expect Tsumiki to clean the pool before bringing her over, but she didn't. That's beyond being clumsy
>>
File: Junko.gif (2 MB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
Junko.gif
2 MB, 500x279
>>340298502
Where's the good in Junko Enoshima?
>>
>>340299132
>If she's using a life or death situation as a coping mechanism
Anon, are you dyslexic or just retarded
>>
>>340299251
The tits and the porn, really. and the erpfags
>>
>>340299195
You're wrong about almost everything
>She's not stupid,
she is
>and her disease is not naivety.
it was
>She also wasn't there when Saionji was murdered,
she was
>she was taken from the hospital afterwards when Saionji corpse was hiding in the pillar.
No, Hiyoko walked in on Mikan and Ibuki.
>You would expect Tsumiki to clean the pool before bringing her over, but she didn't.
she cleaned the pool of blood after killing both of them
>>
I'm curious, what would you do if you have Nagito's luck?
>>
>>340299423
She's gullible. That's the despair disease strain she has.
>>
>>340299526
Tomato, tomahto. She had the disease where she'll listen to anything anybody says.
>>
>>340298502
I guess it just comes down to differing interpretation and taste, then, since we both seem to understand what's going on. Hence why I figured it's not worth arguing anymore.

>Sorry you didn't like the case as much as I did.
What's the smarminess about?
>>
>>340299423
Wew lad
Saionji walked in on Saionji setting up the stage
it's the reason why the orders of death mattered at all and the only way that clusterfuck of a case could make some sort of sense
hell Hinata literally mentions this in the case
>>
>>340299659
Naivety and being gullible are different, though. A naive person just believes what other people say, while someone gullible means that they're far easier to cheat and order around with lies. They're slightly different.
>>
>>340299659
Just listening to something is way different than listening to something and then immediately proceed to believe what has been said to you. I hope you know this important distinction.
>>
>>340299702
It's not smarminess, I legitimately feel bad for people when they say they didn't feel for a part of a game like I did. Like the people who didn't feel bad when Aeris died or whatever.
>>
File: 1420426578757.png (717 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1420426578757.png
717 KB, 960x544
>>340299784
*Saionji walked in on Mikan setting up the stage
>>
>>340299789
>>340299814
Gullible and naive are synonyms
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/naive
>>
>>340299882
>I legitimately feel bad for people when they say they didn't feel for a part of a game like I did.
I get what you're saying, I guess. Regardless, we can both agree that Nagito's laugh is pretty awesome, right?
>>
>>340299784
No, Hiyoko walked in on Mikan preparing to kill Ibuki. That's why she freaked, and why Mikan had to kill her first.
>>
>>340291795
Saionji was supposed to live. It is a fucking crime that she got killed off.
>>
>>340300142
Agreed.
>>
>>340300157
No
read the case again
she walked on Mikan setting up the stage
again Hinata mentions this. Ibuki was not there when this happened. Ibuki is gullible, not suicidal
>>
He was the character DR needed, but not the one it deserved.
>>
>>340300324
Post the part where Hajime says Ibuki was not there. That'd make no sense, because the entire point of Mikan hastily setting up the killing to mirror the movie was because she unexpectedly had to deal with two murders instead of one.
>>
>>340293237

I'm a bit late, but I was really disappointed you didn't actually get to do the closing argument as Nagito, like how you briefly play as him during the investigation.
>>
>>340299882
>Like the people who didn't feel bad when Aeris died or whatever.
Not the same guy, but the characters models are way too goofy for me to give a shit, so when that happened I really didn't feel anything at all.
>>
>>340292376
I remember thinking that Sonia did it because she showed up to the diner in a wetsuit, which were in the closet of the house where mahiru died.
>>
>>340300526
Nigger I just replayed the game two months ago and it's there, watch it on youtube or something, she suddenly met Saionji which fucked her entire plan of setting an alibi up and thus had to murder her and hide her behind the pillar, then did a bunch of gymnastics to make it seem like the movie as a tribute to her dyke crush.
>>
>>340299164

>Implying that was actually Junko's arm

She was crushed beyond repair.
>>
>>340300874
You think Naegi would just tell a lie?
>>
>>340300739
I beat it and replayed it sooner than you, it's not there. Hiyoko walked in on Ibuki AND Mikan. Not only does your version go against the motive for the copycat killings. Further, it'd make no sense for Mikan to go back to the hospital to go get Ibuki after killing Hiyoko.
>>
>>340301020

Anon...

That was Mukuro's arm
>>
>>340301143
Explain corpse fucking then
>>
>>340300707

I also thought it was Sonia, but only because she was the only one who knew about Sparkling Justice.

I thought this gonna be like 1-2 if Togami actually was the killer.
>>
>>340301143
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfzJfJUYuiw

>>340301194
Well, just think about it from the same angle. Doesn't it just fill you with despair?
>>
File: SDR2.png (726 KB, 772x717) Image search: [Google]
SDR2.png
726 KB, 772x717
>>340286720
can't hate him if only because how much of an absolute madman he was
>>
>>340301363
She's the only one who knew about him because she was the only one into the mystery of serial killers.
>>
>>340301368
I like it and yet hate this theory at the same time
>>
>>340301194

It was also Mukuro, she probably enjoyed it from beyond the grave, the hopeless slut.
>>
>>340300707
>>340301363
>>340301476
Yeah but how do you explain the water bottle evidence
>>
>>340301545
Well, like you said, it's impossible for it to be one way. So, there's only another way it can be possible.

>>340301578
O hai Junko.
>>
>>340301194
There's no reason to believe that Junko was telling the truth about that, to be fair.
>>
Just to wipe away any questions that Ibuki was at the scene of the crime at Hiyoko's death.

>>340301194
>>340301143
doubt it was Mukuro. Remember, the DR1 killing game had been televised. Everybody should know the difference between Mukuro and Junko and how they died.
>>
>>340301452
>That crushing moment when you realize who is about to be picked for blackened.

Game actually did despair well.
>>
File: !!!.gif (2 MB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
!!!.gif
2 MB, 300x176
>>340297843
>Taka was going to be a nazi
>>
>>340286720
The more I read about him, the more I like him.

At first sight he seems like the 'muh hope' man. But if you learn that the guy is terminal and about his past life you can start to understand his behavior.

His life has only been met with extremes and he has experienced quite some shit. Yet in spite all of that he still lives, but because he is terminal his self-worth is declining. To achieve something in life, he therefore decides that he can sacrifice himself to make the others better.

It als explains why he decides to kill the others when he learns about their past. He wants at least to leave this world having achieved something. There is a lot more that makes him quite realistic. It makes you wonder whether the writer has a life threatening disease or was close to someone terminal.
>>
File: NotJunko.jpg (249 KB, 701x1000) Image search: [Google]
NotJunko.jpg
249 KB, 701x1000
>>340299251
Her sister
>>
>>340301646
To be fairer, one of her followers did graft what he thought to be her arm onto himself.

I think we can also reason that, since The Tragedy happened, the stuff about starving, mass suicides, and familial murders are also true.

>>340301849
So...then how does that even work? Was she not crushed? Did she somehow manipulate her followers into thinking that she was actually Mukuro? Did her followers mistake her body for Mukuro's, or just not give a shit and called it Junko anyway?

Maybe they weren't watching the Despair Royale?
>>
>>340299435

I'd get 5s on anonymous imageboards.
>>
>>340302183
The last time that happen, everyone was trying to mimic Nagito getting 5
>>
>>340302058
I just assumed the hand Nagito put on wasn't that damaged; I suppose it's possible. And if Junko's just a flattened piece of despair goo then I suppose it's possible someone could fuck it.

As a counter-point to my own original point, one would think that by making the "Junko hand" the left hand was calculated because if it was Mukuro's right hand it'd have a Fenrir tattoo. So why make it specifically the left hand if not to leave open the possibility that it's Mukuro's?

But still, I just don't see how the UDs could make the mistake of mixing the corpses up. It'd mean Junko's despair scheme wasn't as far reaching as she claimed, especially for people most likely to watch it like the UDs.
>>
>>340301363
I immediately thought it was Peko because I saw the water bottles were used to clean blood, she was wet, and she was in the library with Sonia
>>
>>340302507
It'd be hard for it to not be that damaged: after all, that smasher encompassed the whole body and then some. Granted, we can write some of that off(?), given that she also survived the blast-off punishment, the 1000-pitch punishment, the tiger run punishment, burning of the witch punishment, all before receiving the final blow...
Which was odd, but, hey, it was just a chance to see them all again and feel good that the villain is finally done for. I guess.

Yeah. Though, there is also the problem of all the nails being on there, and the lack of burning. Was her left arm also relatively unscathed? Maybe the UD just added on the false nails, because why not?

Still, Junko and Mukuro are still really close together in appearance. It isn't hard to believe that after all that punishment, she'd be mostly unrecognizable. It would make the most sense for them to have rooted out Mukuro and either not cared/enjoyed the despair of not being able to become one with Enoshima-sama, than Junko being anything but bitch-paste by the end.
>>
>>340299435
isn't ultimate luck just a better version of ultimate gambler
>>
>>340302949
I guess it comes down to this. For it to be either, you have to make a number of assumptions.

Mukuro's hand
>The UDs didn't watch the killing game. If they did, they don't know Mukuro and Junko's cause of death.
>Nagito (and maybe others) ended up in HPA after the killing game was over, without knowing of Mukuro and Junko's death somehow, and mistook Mukuro's blown-up corpse for Junko.

Junko's hand
>The hand somehow wasn't crushed by the big trash compactor.
>>
>>340303264
Not in Nagito's case. It seems like his luck was to get a positive out of a shitty situation
>>
>>340303264
Isn't Ultimate Yakuza just a different version of Ultimate Bosozoku?
Isn't Ultimate Gymnast just a different version of Ultimate Swimmer?
Isn't the Ultimate Mechanic just sorta like the Ultimate Programmer?

They're similar, but different. Gambling isn't all luck, and Celeste showed that with her poker face.
>>
>>340303417
>mechanic
>anything like a programmer

wew lad
>>
>>340303395
I'd lean toward the first. After all, what reason do the UDs have to watch the killing game? They're busy with The Tragedy at that point, aren't they? As for how they ended up at Hope's Peak...who really knows? That's one of the biggest problems to answer. Maybe they heard about it, and then rushed off, without knowing about any of Junko's planned punishments?

Because, it was pretty heavily implied that Junko ended up squishy-squish.
>>
>>340303474
The Ultimate Luck and The Ultimate Gambler both deal with chance.

The Ultimate Mechanic and The Ultimate Programmer both deal with machines.
>>
>>340303551
I suppose I could buy them not watching the killing game, though considering people's devotion to Junko is so much that her death caused mass suicides around the world, I'm still skeptical. The part I'm really skeptical of is that they went all that time as UDs without knowing Junko died and how she died, while still ending up in Hope's Peak. So we're assuming that Nagito went to HPA, went to the freezer room where the bodies are kept, found Mukuro's body, immediately assumed it was Junko's, and sawed her arm on? Keep in mind that it's likely Junko's body is still in the execution room, Nagito would have to assume somebody put Junko's body in the group with everyone else after the killing game was over. Didn't he have any questions? How did the killing game end? How did Junko get blown up? Who put this body here?
>>
>>340303645
Are you fucking retarded?

A programmer could do absolutely nothing in fixing a car, and a mechanic knows precisely fuck all about computer science. There's almost no knowledge shared between them. One requires physical dexterity as well

Being good at gambling games is skill too
>>
>>340301106
No she walked on Mikan setting up the stage
nigger read the damn case otherwise the order of deaths wouldn't be so important
>>
>>340304051
TOO MANY QUESTIONS, HOPE JUST NEEDS DESPAIR TO SPREAD HOPE
>>
>>340304159
The point is that Ultimate Luck isn't an upgrade from Ultimate Gambler.
>>
>>340304191
see >>340301849
>>
>>340304051
Well, the UDs we follow didn't commit suicide now, did they? That second part makes too much sense to discount. The third also doesn't follow Nagito's character, though there does exist the slim possibility that he just didn't give two fucks while being so hopeless.

At the same time, https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b-GKQbSp86E#t=316
>>
>>340304429
But they were still devoted to Junko. Mikan was obsessed with her, and Nagito had that weird love/hate thing with her. I don't really know what you're referring to as the second and third parts.

We'll probably find out as some point. I'll admit that the fact that it's a left hand means Kodaka, if he knows what he's doing, wanted to leave the question to be open-ended. I just think they're going to have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to get to Mukuro's hand, while I'd readily accept that Junko's hand just wasn't that damaged.
>>
>>340304805
>while I'd readily accept that Junko's hand just wasn't that damaged.
That completely disagrees with the reality right in front of us when we see her being crushed by that huge fucking weight, though.

It's just there to be edgy, that's it. It doesn't even matter if it's Mukuro's or Junko's or Touko's.
>>
All this talk about Junko's hand makes me wonder how it feels to jerk off using said hand
>>
>>340291674
*Hugs*
>>
>>340305086
Like sandpaper.
>>
>>340305224
What sandpaper would be that soft? She clearly still cares about her model status.
>>
>>340304949
I don't know, we saw her take a bunch of executions ahead of that. Plus, I guess you could just talk me into the hand surviving that mostly intact if it's lucky.

But at the core of it, I think my suspension of disbelief is higher for physical stuff in DR than mental things and motivations. I mean, did you play AE? Toko's basically a superhuman. Even in the main games, Teruteru's killing requires such fast expert timing and I'm willing to forgive that. But if people start to do shitty things for stupid reasons that don't make sense or are a super stretch, that's when things break down for me.
>>
File: 1459524732031.png (339 KB, 811x720) Image search: [Google]
1459524732031.png
339 KB, 811x720
>>340301849
I always feel so bad for Saionji. She died in pretty awful way.
>>
>>340305370
>did you play AE?
I only got to the mainline games once they came to PC. I'm too master race poor and thrifty, perhaps stupid, as fuck to get a Vita or PS-.

But, yeah, as much as it requires a ton of precision for Teruteru to pull off stabbing at a fat man's center by judging where his hand is holding a knife - but, let's not also ignore how DR2 pretty much said fuck it to a lot of things, and can justify it due to the setting - and however much Touko can take in AE...how do you explain the massive blood spatter and that there's literally no gap between the smasher and Junko?

To add in a third possibility: we've already established that the DR universe has plenty of super advanced tech, I don't think it's impossible to reconstruct Junko's corpse in that way.

However, at the end of it, with all this stretching we need to do, we're still left with a lot of questions, and they all point, to me, at it just being for the edgy shock effect.
>>
>>340301849
Why did this case not even examine/question the murder weapon for hiyoko? It's such a big focus in every other case, and even in ibuki's death, but not this one for some reason.
>>
>>340306056
Hiyoko was literally thrown into the meat blender at the last minute. This is a meta fact, not an in-game fact.
>>
File: monospard.jpg (42 KB, 834x480) Image search: [Google]
monospard.jpg
42 KB, 834x480
>>340305615
UBUBUBU :D

The biggest question, though:
will the anime suck?
>>
>>340306945
probably
>>
>>340306981
>>340306945
It's original, so I have hopes. But it written by this guy tho http://myanimelist.net/people/6333/Norimitsu_Kaihou
>>
>>340305615
The worst death was Twogami, that one was even more fucked up
>>
>>340286720
Why are these games so popular?
I played the first game when the patch was released for PSP ages ago and was pretty disappointed.
I expected something as good as AA or 999 and I just didn't like it as much. Felt like a watered down version of both games.

Is it the art style?
>>
>>340307827
I fell in love with the second game
give it a whirl
>>
>>340307747
The worst thing is he was so prepared.
>>340307827
Sorry you didn't like the game anon. I'd recommend SDR2 as the better game, though.
>>
>>340299251

Shirokuma
>>
>>340307827
I thought the first one was just okay. Second one I tried on a whim and enjoyed a lot more. It's better in some aspects but worse in others to DR1, there's no real consensus on which one is better really - but personally I preferred 2's cast and how it goes full fucking MGS2
>>
>>340307938
>>340308038
>>340308191
I'll try the second one once I get around to getting a vita then.
>>
How has this thread been around so long with no waifu posting
>>
File: Kirigiri.Kyouko.full.1820236.jpg (584 KB, 496x908) Image search: [Google]
Kirigiri.Kyouko.full.1820236.jpg
584 KB, 496x908
>>340308191
>no real consensus
>almost everyone picks 2 over 1

>>340308631
>waifu posting
Bitch, we were discussing important things, like Junko's arm and how Hiyoko's a cunt.
>>
File: 37534337_p0.png (342 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
37534337_p0.png
342 KB, 500x682
>>340308631
Every waking moment of my life, I want to protect and love Chiaki Nanami, the ultimate Gamer Waifu! I want to feed her kind words about how good an example she is to other gamers and make her bed every day with fresh linen so she sleeps in pure comfort. I want to always make sure that I'm there to press the snooze button on her alarm clock for her and gently coax her awake when she wants to finally get out of bed. Then I'll clean her entire game collection every week and make sure that all her discs are always in their proper case and repair every scratch in each and every CD she owns. I'll buy her every Video Game OST she likes and always keep spare controllers and memory cards for her to use if even one single button begins to stick!

And I'll make sure to buy her foreign consoles and games for every game that people refuse to localize! Like Tetris the Grandmaster 3: Terror Instinct! I'll always upgrade her gaming PC with the latest graphics cards and solve all of her driver issues that she could possibly have!

Then, I'll help her play through every Dating sim there ever was, and I'll help her learn how to beat them on her own, ensuring that she has the social skills fitting for a wonderful young lady like her!

But that's not all! I'll also satisfy her curiosity about the world! If she is confused about something and asks me how something works, I'll answer her to expand on her knowledge! I'll make sure she understands what love is! When she understands what love is, I'll also cuddle with her every night until we drift asleep so she feels safe!
>>
>>340309279
>yfw Chiaki's written in Perl
>>
So I guess this is how the thread ends

Nice DR thread everybody
>>
>>340309408
she been taking Pythons all day
>>
>>340310908
The key to understanding her?

C#
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.