[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WE MADE IT LADS ANIME WILL RULE EVO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: ami.png (30 KB, 625x414) Image search: [Google]
ami.png
30 KB, 625x414
WE MADE IT LADS

ANIME WILL RULE EVO
>>
>>340286585
Link to tweet? I don't see it in my TL but I assume it's because it's a reply to someone else
>>
>>340286929
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/740173566755278848
>>
>>340286585
why isn't sm4sh the final game?
>>
>>340286585
ANIMEVOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>340287250
The last game starts at 6:30 PM, often ends at midnight; 3'o'clock for east coast viewers.
>>
File: 3.01.png (26 KB, 112x112) Image search: [Google]
3.01.png
26 KB, 112x112
>>340287618
>yfw next year we finally get BB AND GG on the main line up AND both on the same day
>>
File: 1371229269987s.jpg (3 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
1371229269987s.jpg
3 KB, 107x125
>>340286585
>Hype up Guilty Gear the most in my group
>The only reason i don't download physical is because i'm one of the two dudes who bring the copy to locals and i like having physical copies of all my console games.
>Go to gamestop 20 minutes ago
>I'm the one pre order
>They didn't even check that game they said and didn't ship my copy until just now when i came in and they realized.
>Have to wait until Friday at noon

Fuck gamestop i'm so mad right now. I can't even go to locals to play it because that is on Saturday. Seriously this company is dog shit. How is there not a HQ that notices all pre orders and sends copies as well? So jack shit retard employees don't check for a new release.
>>
Smash 4 is way ahead of both put together and is still on the Saturday slot, it's not fair.
>>
>>340287840
Bruh it's the same as Sign with some system changes.
>>
File: yiss.jpg (62 KB, 494x582) Image search: [Google]
yiss.jpg
62 KB, 494x582
>>340287735
>BBCF
>KoFXIV
>GGXrd
>SSBM
>SFV
I can't believe that this is an actual likely friday lineup. Though UMvC3 is probably going to be forced in there for no reason again sadly.
>>
>>340287883
Sunday is at the Mandalay Bay arena tough, they need to sell tickets and Smash 4 wouldn't have sold as much
>>
>>340287918
>6 new characters with Dizzy coming soon
>new system changes like throw tech/side dust/burst supers
>New blitz followup is pretty much new mechanic tier
>Already improving a near perfect lobby system
>More polish to already great characters
>Amazing shading and lighting for the already great stages and new stages
>New better beginner functions

Its a massive expansion but i'd rather pay 60 bucks for a update of the best current fighting game then get free updates with a broken game like SFV that has natural frame delay out the ass that is finally getting Capcom to deal with it.

Seriously fuck you GG is great and gamestop shat on me.
>>
File: MKX.jpg (862 KB, 2052x1904) Image search: [Google]
MKX.jpg
862 KB, 2052x1904
>MKucks will defend MKX
>>
File: 1465236377387.png (16 KB, 381x386) Image search: [Google]
1465236377387.png
16 KB, 381x386
>>340287735

>Implying next year won't be Nintendo games only like all Smash games, Pokken Touranment, Mario Party and Mario Soccer.
>>
>>340287840
should have bestbuy or Amazon
>>
>>340286585
MKX becomes boring so fast...
>>
File: 1450249741748.jpg (97 KB, 608x1029) Image search: [Google]
1450249741748.jpg
97 KB, 608x1029
>>340288203
SFV is fine aswell. Most people don't even know what the fuck frame delay is before they saw it on Reddit. GG Xrd and SFV are currently the top 2D fighting games. I'm glad turds like MKX are failing. So long as the FGC can keep GG and SFV alive, then we're good.
>>
>>340288203
I meant that in that your character is the same as in Sign, balance wise, so you'll be fine.

>>340288229
>comparing game rosters from 2 different generation
And m8, Armageddon was trash gameplay wise.
>>
>>340288203

Eh, me too. I love the series, and its been a year and a quarter SIGN released on consoles. I spent more than 500 hours on -SIGN- and that wasnt even during locals.
>>
>>340288203

Im still fucking mad over SFV, I preordered the damn thing. The late updates are getting on my nerves.
>>
>>340288284
pokken is ded
>>
>>340286585
who the fuck even plays MKX besides that 1 furry faggot
>>
File: 1464198557579.png (1 MB, 1200x847) Image search: [Google]
1464198557579.png
1 MB, 1200x847
I love GG but I fucking suck at it. Why did it have to be so anime in gameplay? Fucking hell this shit is pain in the ass to learn. Atleast in SF, you can learn as you play.
>>
>>340288350
Honestly that argument is shit but a somewhat valid one too. Alot of the people saying 8f didn't notice until someone told them but day 1 i knew something was fishy with whiff punishing/just reacting to blocking certain things on the fly. Like i had to do it more preemptively and it felt weird. So if they can get that frame delay down to 5f which was SF4 level thats fine. Just enough so whiff punishing isn't basically a read in itself with most of the cast.

>>340288358
No anon i'm mad af because i was going to start training Kum today and i'm off today. I won't be off until next Monday to grind him out fully.
>>
>>340288629
Japanese players all learned to play in arcades where the only way to learn is while playing.
>>
I don't like playing MKX, but I still think that it should get more players. Strong based 2D gameplay is certainly very unique for the genre, as is making the stage actually interactive (MKX definitely fixed this from Injustice) opens up new stuff.
>>
>>340288629

What part of it are you having trouble with? Neutral is there, just that its fast and seamlessly flows between itself and pressure. Fighting games in general are hard to learn. Ive been playing GG for years and I still fold in high level play, though striving to improve really did make me play better.
>>
>>340288629
gitgud
>>
>>340288731
And they do open arcade events and workshops for newcomers who DON'T know how to play and teach them in beginner only tournaments. I feel that the western FGC definitely needs to do this more often, even if it's online only.
>>
>>340288830

I think KI is very underrated and should be the face of Western FGs. If it werent W10/Xbone exclusive though, a lot of people couldve played it.
>>
>>340288629
I don't get what you mean.
>Anime in gameplay
You mean harder and faster? Because GG has just as many fundamentals as SFV/pretty much any SF does. If not more because it has a air game with alot of neutral to it as well where as SF air game is just anti airs and single moves alone used to air to air as anti airs.

I can only imagine you're just getting your ass beat. In SF the game is paced especially if you have a reversal matches usually last longer even if you're kinda ass unless your opponent is insanely good. In GG even a okay player will ravage a shitter like its nothing in a second.
>>
File: 1455688401219.jpg (1 MB, 869x1229) Image search: [Google]
1455688401219.jpg
1 MB, 869x1229
>>340288842
In SF, I can tell where I fucked up. I can tell why my whiffed DP got my ass fucked. I can tell when I start to become predictable and then the enemy makes a hard read and fucks my shit up. In GG, I simply can't. There are so many mechanics, it's so fast. And then there is the combo system making it even harder. I'll have to keep trying but man does it kill your self esteem when you're in the corner getting absolutely hammered without any idea how to defend yourself. Call me casual but one thing SF does right is that it's always easy to tell why and how your opponent fucked you.
>>
>>340288940
Western FGC is too big on Capcoms dick to do anything for any other community hell they don't even teach that very well.

More tournaments like CEOtaku need to come into play honestly. Its a breath of fresh air to see a tournament where everything gets light on it and the CPT doesn't usurp the tournament with its fake hype.

You have people like PR Balrog/Knuckle Du/Phenom all saying its just a strike throw momentum game that is getting boring atm especially with a lack of whiff punish game but it gets so much fake hype over GG.
>>
>>340288629

Learn to use the faultless defence mechanic and you've learned half of the game already. On a principle the game rewards you meter for being aggressive (even dashing forward gives you meter) but theres many ways to get out of a combo so you have to be on your toes all the time and cant rely on single 20+ hit combo that it will always end when you expect it to end.

In a way its more "hit and run" kind of game than SF. Way more back and forth which makes it both exciting to play and watch.
>>
>>340289186
Use your FD
>>
>>340289243
anime players are their worst enemies, everyone knows that

DoA players go about their own thing and have decent tournament numbers
MK has incredibly dedicated players that NRS/WB want to squander
lets not even bring in Smash
>>
>>340286585
He's right.
MK being considered a good competitive game is hilarious. It's actually just at Evo because it's popular.
>>
File: hfaudfhuaj.jpg (1 MB, 990x1170) Image search: [Google]
hfaudfhuaj.jpg
1 MB, 990x1170
>western fightans
>>
>>340289276
GG neutral is intense. Also i'm a 6-7 year vet and fucking FDC jumping with Faust and such is still hard for me to do consistently in the heat of a match. I gotta get better at it honestly i put off training high execution things.

I love meter in GG. In Capcom games i always feel like meter is nice but it can't turn around a really bad MU as easily as GG. If i'm Potemkin with one YRC left and half my life against Zato i don't feel nearly as fucked as being down 30% life in bad MU in a SF game. That one YRC cancel could bring back the entire match.

I think GG thrives on character loyalty just because all the mechanics are equal besides dust startups so no one is left in the dust. Focus attacks/vskill/vtrigger are all unique and for some obviously worse or better. IBing/Blitz are all the same and useful.
>>
How's Xrd's online mode right now? Dead?
>>
>>340289583
>FDC jump
>High execution
>>
>>340289186
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

This might help if you haven't already seen it.
>>
>>340289186

Learn to FD and use blitz. Remember when you get knocked down, your options are

Respect pressure and FD / chicken block

Blitz shield

DP (if available)

Dead angle attack (meter)

Fighting game fundamentals still apply. Sometimes mashing out when you know the pressure gap is fake is also good. Throws are also considered reversals in this game, but you usually do that when they fuck up the distance of their meaty
>>
>>340289501
Very true but as a person who enjoys GG/SF/KOF all almost equally with GG pulling ahead somewhat the Western FGC doesn't help. People are going to become bitter when half the SF community that make up pot monsters at events will spew raw shit like "Its just random nonsense/no footsies" because anything over 2 mph is too complex/fast for them.

I completely agree though fighters like GG need to go the way of DOA/Tekken. Regular tournaments are too far up the CPTs ass for immense growth stuff like CEOtaku needs to happen more.
>>
>>340289186

I suggest you go watch Guilty Gear Crash Course and Airdash Academy. They offer really great insight on the subject. Of course actually applying them in real fights is still the most effective way to learn
>>
>>340289682
Should be quite alive considering Revelator came out today.
>>
>>340289704
Anon i have very poor execution. My main characters after 6-7 years are Faust Kliff Anji Xrd Axl and Xrd Ky. I gravitate towards low execution characters with good neutral because that is what i'm good at so i need to land my combos when i get them.

So yes FDC jumping with Faust is high execution for me. Please don't make fun of me i should've specified that its Fausts "highest" execution.
>>
>>340289825

I dont think the newest GG needs help. The game is flashy enough to excite casuals. Lot of them dont even really play it, they just genuinely enjoy watching when its being played. And if you got enough casuals watching your game, you get an FGC around your game automatically. Pot monsters go where the money and attention is. Not the other way around.
>>
>>340289821
Don't forget AAing. GG still has anti airs out the ass most of which are special cancellable on the chance your opponent jumps in with FD. But most of the time people who jump in will hit a button banking on it working. And they need to FD otherwise because characters have alot of air unblockable moves.

AAing in GG is actually stronger then even a game like SFV you just see less of it because people with air dash/jump around in a blind spot baiting it.
>>
>>340289825

Eh, I think the top rung cant hide behind the facade anymore. Even PRog and JWong is finding SFV to be way too unpolished.

There will be trolls and streammonsters though, but it wont really matter if

>More events happen
>Anime players actually go to said events

For a community so hellbent on saying theyre not esports, the majority of the western FGC sure love that dosh
>>
>>340290316
Strike throw is just too strong in SFV at the moment. V-reversals are all pretty baitable even in intense pressure most of the time and hard to use as people get better. Plus you have to block in the first place to even use them. The game lacks defensive mechanics when it needs them badly and even top players die to the flustering event of someone just making them block one plus normal because of the fear of that shimmy/throwing.

The problem is SFV is designed with a 3s/Alpha style pressure system. But it has SF4s knockdown system so its easier to be on top of someone and the movement speed of the game is like SF4 for the most part. Its also encouraged because overall the cast has stubby as fuck normals.

SFV will be a better game once then lower the delay to SF4s level or better which Capcom claims to be doing and when they update it. I'm hoping for another defensive mechanic honestly along side balancing. Honestly a invincible backdash might not be so bad for a game like SFV. I love how people shit on like its not a fundamental mechanic. Niggers who never played a KOF game and think SF4 invented invincible backdashes. It would return the game to neutral alot more instead of these matches where one confirm into a shimmy/strikethrow situation ends games.

CCs don't make it any easier. Instead of needing to react to CHing someone they basically made it automatic.
>>
>>340290835
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Tekken 7 FR is going to be released in July, EVO is near.

Harada better drop some news on us.
>>
>>340288229
dat pc version
>>
>revelator doesnt have a dub
Aside from Sol everyone was great
>>
>>340290985
PC is confirmed right? Ill get on consoles too but lugging a laptop for casuals is way more convenient
>>
>>340290983
Nice counter argument. Id like to hear why i'm wrong. Even top players melt more often then any other game in SFV because of the fear of strike/throw. Infiltration called this shit during the betas. The game lacks defensive mechanics well moving at a pace that makes it easy to get into the position to force guessing. One mistake in the neutral and it devolves into the simple guessing game for most of the cast.

Almost every SFV "tech" video that comes out is just another blockstring that leaves a character in shimmy positioning.
>>
>>340291154

Ram, Sol and Venom was eh.

Jamieson Price is always good despite only having 1 voice range.

Yuri Lowenthal was spot on as Bedman

Liam o Brien voicing 3 characters in 1 game is funny.
>>
>>340288358
>Armageddon was trash gameplay wise.
So at least it has one thing in common with MKX
>>
>>340291175
Well no, and i mean Arcade release. I'm hoping he will say "IT'S ON PC!" at evo
>>
>>340291154
Elphelt legit was the thing that saved the dub and the character in my opinion. She sounds obnoxious in JP.
>>
>>340291476
Absolutely savage.
>>
>>340291606
I really liked Elphelt, Faust, and Sean Connery Slayer
>>
>>340291154
Eh.

I liked english May and Elphelt, if only because they are easier on the ears. I thought it was funny that they decided to go all in with the accents, with britbong Axl and knockoff Sean Connery Slayer, but I am simply way too used the JP for GG.

The only thing I am kind of disappointed about is not getting an english Jam, mostly for the same reasons as May and Elphelt, but also because the 'me speakie english' shit they are doing with her in the subs would be fucking hilarious dubbed.
>>
>>340290985
They just announced that FR will get a new update structure on arcades that lets them update the game easier and more frequently. T7 ain't coming until later this year.
>>
Will Catherine be at EVO this year?
>>
>>340291961
When is FR coming to arcades? Either way, It won't come to consoles until next year.
>>
>>340291154
Aw really? The dub wasn't great but I like being able to understand the mid-match banter. Oh well, it's not a big deal at all, I just can't wait to play Johnny and Jam. I just hope CF is still dubbed later this year then.
>>
>>340292068
Yes
>>
>>340292078
Summer.
>>
>>340291961
>>340292078
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/5/28/new-arcade-business-model-for-tekken-7-fated-retribution-man.html
>>
>>340288967
At this point let the retards who wont install W10 drown. They don't deserve KI.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.