[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize. >not having to play 20min. just to start the fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 12
File: Heroes_of_the_Storm_logo.png (258 KB, 608x286) Image search: [Google]
Heroes_of_the_Storm_logo.png
258 KB, 608x286
Apologize.

>not having to play 20min. just to start the fun part of the game
>not having to PvE for 20-30min.
>game's over after maybe 15 min. of almost exclusively team fighting
It's nice being the best.
>>
>that half-greentxt
Board's fucked.
>>
Teamfights are boring if that's the only thing that happens in the game. If you removed everything from Dota 2 and left only the teamfights in then I'd stop playing it instantly.
>>
>>340283630
HOTS has objectives though. Every map is some sort of unique, from size to what happens on area control.

Also, DOTA has a fucking awful camera system. HOTS has holding space to stay on the character, hitting space only once to center on it (and not some random spot on the map.. the fuck), etc.
>>
>>340283876
why would you ever want to stay on your character

ugh
>>
>>340284103
Having to control the shitty camera while playing the game detracts from play
>>
>>340284271
not him, but you must be retarded and a baby who cant control 2 things at once, dont even try to play any RTS game ever
>>
>>340284271
Controlling the camera IS play.
>>
You know, I used to really enjoy HoTS when I first played it. But after hitting rank one twice and playing over 2000+ games, I realised that the game is honestly shit. It'd be real nice if they could design one map that isn't totally fucking awful.
>>
>>340284271
controlling the camera is very very very very important to improve your play
>>
http://www.learntocounter.com/why-dota-sucks-introduction/

I'll cede that HOTS does away with a lot of the stupid bullshit, but it's still following the shitty formula.

Why can't I use WASD to control my movement instead of the stupid mouse controls? Why can't I pull the camera out as far as I want? Why aren't their full keybinding remaps?

These are things that have no good answer for why I can't do them. Yet people cannot get away from the game just being an RTS mod.
>>
>>340284507
>>340284526
>>340284589
>can't zoom out
>in a fucking RTS subgenre
>centering the camera on a character has to come through pressing a button twice, and a third puts it back in some random place
>/v/ defends this
>>
>>340284737
Why the fuck would you want to move with WASD? LOL
>>
>>340284507
>>340284526
>>340284589
>>340284923
Also
>can't hold down right click to move the character
For real?
>>
>>340284925
why wouldn't I? Currently the entire game can be controlled from the mouse if you map the 4 relevant buttons to it. Let me move with my left hand and then I can aim with my right. Also more control. Currently wanting to move and aim in two different directions is conflicting since they both require the same input.
>>
>>340282081
Took me way too long to find a game last time I played, I enjoy it when I can actually play though
>>
>>340285190
I just played, and it was almost immediate.
>>
Game's fun.
>>
>>340282081
Good argument OP, Hey I've got 15 minutes, I'll go play some Heroes of the Storm!

>Sit in queue for 30 minutes.
>>
>>340282081
>pay to unlock heroes

I will not apologize. I will, however, acknowledge that it's easier to unlock heroes compared to LoL or Smite.

>quests
>leveling heroes to 5 gets you 500 gold (?)
>small amount of gold just by playing
>>
>>340282081
>can't even greentext

No wonder you need to play such a casual pos.
>>
>>340289386
>implications
Queues are instant, m9er
>>
>Clunky controls
>No items
>The progression system becomes stale and cookie-cutter very quickly
>Heroes are not really that interesting and mostly have to rely on their former fame to exsist

I love that blizzard actually tried to shake up the MOBA genre, I like the idea of different maps and objectives. I want to celebrate innovation, but the game is just shit.

>making a MOBA when the market is already super fucking saturated and the switching costs for players are enormous

this game should have been made 8 years ago
>>
>>340284923
>>340285009
Nice deflecting baby faggot.
Back to babby's first Moba with you.
>>
I like it. It's better than LoL for sure. Way more fun.

Also I always loved the Necromancer from Diablo 2i am happy pay him here.

I wish there were more heros

Junkrat when?
>>
>>340289990
The controls are solid. Better than DOTA by miles.

Items can get fucked. Most shit in DOTA is the same for any single character anyway, especially most items being damage and health based.

The progression system is only cookie cutter if you have to min-max because you're not playing with buds.

Heroes are fine. It's a MOBA.. AKA, the combat is 4 buttons. There's little to criticize.

>>340290350
>shit that has to do with the camera
>not relevant to a discussion about how the camera affects gameplay
>>
>>340290661
>The controls are solid. Better than DOTA by miles.

No, Dota 2 maybe, but certainly not DOTA. Dota 2 controls are sluggish too.Warcraft 3 controls are slick as hell.

They tried a lot of interesting ideas, and I really do commend blizzard for it. Game's just shit, and it came out 7 years too late.
>>
>>340290661
>Items can get fucked. Most shit in DOTA is the same
>It's a MOBA.. AKA, the combat is 4 buttons
Be sincere, you never played Dota, right?
>>
>>340291450
>it's not mostly variations of damage, mana, and health
>the combat is so deep
>>
>>340291536
>>it's not mostly variations of damage, mana, and health
Most Dota items have an active part and a lot of them other effects, like auras, mana burn, dodge chance, stuns, etc. Which also adds more than "4 buttons".

>>the combat is so deep
More than HotS, that's sure. Also, as I said, you need more buttons for the items, and some heroes have up to 5 skills.

Shill/10
>>
>>340293097
Nah, DOTA 2 just isn't the game that the whole fucking esports and vidya industries make it to be. It's the most played game on Steam, and the industry deserves so much better. I will admit that I have a lot of fun with OP characters, specifically just Zeus as of now actually, but I've only played the game with buds; and it's still just.. fucking hours down the drain almost for the same experience on repeat.

It should port its characters and gameplay into a more interesting experience.
>>
>>340293667
it sounds like you're just upset because you're playing a dead game
>>
this game is alive?
>>
>>340293667
>Nah, DOTA 2 just isn't the game that the whole fucking esports and vidya industries make it to be
Still, is the best ASSFAGGOTS right now.

>the industry deserves so much better
Well, nobody deserves to play ASSFAGGOTS.

Dota have a lot of flaws, but is miles ahead of the competition. Really shaming, since is the first custom map developed for long time and all the copies/successors are way worse in everything.

Meanwhile HotS is just a joke for WoW players.
>>
>>340289526
hots probably has the nicest hero unlock system since the game basically just throws lots and lots of gold at you constantly
>>
File: kayosatoh2.jpg (99 KB, 602x900) Image search: [Google]
kayosatoh2.jpg
99 KB, 602x900
>>340293667
>hours down the drain almost for the same experience on repeat.
Literally every PvP focused game ever.

>>340294267
I'll swear Dota have a better "unlock" system, cuckboy.
>>
>>340294438
>dota

that game doesn't have an unlock system you eejit
>>
>>340294539
That's the point, dingus.
>>
>>340294670
But I was comparing mobas with unlock systems, thus excluding dota from the comparison.
>>
>>340293826
>criticisms solely about DOTA
>must be upset about HOTS
M8, I would gladly play DOTA if it weren't PvE tripe for half the game.

>>340294113
>Still, is the best ASSFAGGOTS right now.
Even WoW PvP is better. Digressing, "miles ahead of the competition" isn't an argument. Whether or not that's true (it's not, the games trade off, all 3 of them on just about everything) doesn't improve how shitty these criticisms for DOTA really are. The only reason I enjoy it is because I found a character that can engage from a few screens over, and that's probably accurate for most players. Summing up the experience at the end of it doesn't make it stand out though. It is mostly just 4-6 buttons (the items have huge CDs, so they're not much of a point), and the overall movement and camera is fucking outstandingly underdeveloped.

>>340294438
>>hours down the drain almost for the same experience on repeat.
>Literally every PvP focused game ever.
At least 3D games are pretty. There's something to be said for having a character than can be outfitted and roleplayed in more scenarios than levels 1-20, unlocking the same 4 abilities. Games like WoW have infinitely more deep and balanced gameplay, including gamemodes.
>>
>>340294798
Again, the "unlock system" itself is a cancer for a genre based around team composition and a draft phase with bans and counterpicks.

Unless the game is so shallow that heroes have a role and they are so homogenized that it barely matters. But a game that shallow is laughable in a competitive environment.

That's why Actiblizz failed with HotS, they wanted the esports money and the got nothing.

>>340295028
>DOTA is a PvE for half game
Why do you keep mistaking Dota with LoL. Don't you shills get some pointers? At least they should teach you guys to differentiate the "products" of the competition.
>>
>>340295028
At least the PvE part of DotA is a lot more dynamic than in LoL, with denying and shops and curriers and all that shit.

>if it weren't PvE tripe for half the game.

Isn't most of HOTS literally PvE objectives, killing creatures, collecting coins, filling up the spider shit with spider coins?

that's literally pve content
>>
>>340295028
>WoW PvP is better
So, you are huge blizzdrone? Because WoW PvP is beyond terrible. The only good part was old Alterac.

>At least 3D games are pretty
Wait, Dota is 2D now? Are you legally retarded?

>Games like WoW have infinitely more deep and balanced gameplay
>WoW
>deep and balanced
Ok, I have my answer.
>>
>>340295339
>Isn't most of HOTS literally PvE objectives, killing creatures, collecting coins, filling up the spider shit with spider coins?
The maps are small, so the metagame is all about the team instigations that come from these, not to mention the variety of maps per game. A lane can also flip over to another simply, because of the same; so it's more about communication and PvP than DOTA/LoL is.

>>340295724
Dota is basically very 2D. There is no 3rd dynamic.

>WoW PvP is beyond terrible
What an intricate argument.
>>
>>340295028
>M8, I would gladly play DOTA if it weren't PvE tripe for half the game.
So go take rosh at level 1 and force the enemy team into early fights where they're at a disadvantage
>>
ITT: I never played Dota 2 but I'm still going to talk shit about it
>>
File: 1451134047560.gif (1 MB, 380x206) Image search: [Google]
1451134047560.gif
1 MB, 380x206
>>340282081
dota has actually depthful gameplay, with lot of costumization for characters and lot of mechanics to exploit

lol has these flashy skillshot/aoe based gameplay, where you always trying to outplay your opponent by dodging skillshots

hots doesn't have neither of those and doesn't compensate with anything
You go in with any hero and perform almost exactly like the top players because there is just little room to fail.

you can say how fun that you can skip farming but you can do that in many dota and lol costume maps too, yet those arent so popular neither

the only nice thing in the game are the character models but even those don't fit into the playmobile maps

>>340290661
>most items in dota being damage and health based
why the fuck are you trying so much when its clear you have not the slightest idea about this game?
almost all of the items in dota give you some new ability and while most heroes have a core item you almost always buy the rest of them are completely varied depending on the match
>>
>>340296075
Also runes, and early ganks/lane aggression. He's full of shit and never played doto.

>>340296161
Basically. At least he gets payed for it, I guess.
>>
"Oh look a HotS thread"
>ctrl+f dota
>33 results
like pottery
>>
>>340295964
>Killing a boss to recruit it is PvP
>Killing boxes and NPCs to collect coins to make a NPC fire at the enemy base without them being able to do anything about it PvP
>Killing spider NPCs to collect points so you can unlock more Spider NPCs is PvP
>Killing NPCs to collect coins so you can curse the enemy's NPCs is PvP

uhhh, you're playing a mostly PvE based objective game friend. The entire game revovles around either killing PvE monsters to collect their points, coins or tokens, or to recruit them to fight for you.
>>
Too many DPS hero releases, all unbalanced, made me quit for Overwatch.
>>
>>340296656
>people compare the games with the best/leading one
Shocking!
>>
File: bipJZ9P.jpg (169 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
bipJZ9P.jpg
169 KB, 700x700
>think I'm a pretty good Nova
>want to play Nova in Ranked
>never ever pick Nova because if I fuck up that's the whole game and I will be yelled at by the entire team
>>
HotS is casual fun but it is the furthest thing from competitive when playing solo. There is no carrying, your power level is directly tied to your teammates. If Billy the retarded faggot decides hes going to feed all game and not join in team fights well too bad for you buddy you are just as weak as him and labeled a shit player alongside him. Imagine in Dota 2 everytime one of your teammates fed you all lost gold and your enemies all gained gold. That's pretty much how HotS operates and when you get to play ranked you are pretty much flipping a coin hoping your teammates are not massively brain dead. The only way to even "carry" is not even through fucking gameplay. You have to fucking lead your moronic teammates to victory by telling them what to do and pinging everything for them. And of course no voice chat cause thats toxic, communication is toxic.

Seriously if you are a competitive person who plays mostly solo then stay the fuck away from HotS and play Dota 2.
>>
>>340296656
>game made out of spite because of a lost lawsuit
>compared to the game involved in the lawsuit
>>
>>340296846
He said Dota, not LoL.
>>
>>340296846
best is subjective
leading one is false, LoL is more popular
>>
>>340296297
>hots doesn't have neither of those and doesn't compensate with anything
>summarizing every character in a game, this poorly
There are skillshots. E.g., Zeratul, so that point is irrelevant.

The remainder of the post leads to saying skipping farming should be fun but it can't be because it's not popular in DOTA. An appeal to popularity isn't logic.

>almost all of the items in dota give you some new ability
That's not true.

>>340296161
>>340296350
>you haven't played it!

>>340296679
>not reading the post
The maps are small, so everything revolves around PvP.

>>340296936
>as if teammates feeding in DOTA isn't worse
A single character can feed and completely undermine your whole team.
>>
>>340296679
And this is one of the most idiotic criticisms i've heard of the game. All of those things you listed lead to PvP. I don't know why you try to make it sound like each team is in a separate box doing their own thing.
>>
>>340297080
>>340297106
Dota leads the genre. Hell, Riot forced the MOBA meme to avoid calling the games "Dota clones".

Also, is the one which prints esports money. While LoL scene is fueled by Tencent's money.

Dota runs this shitty genre.
>>
File: WoFAUbf.png (527 KB, 1395x788) Image search: [Google]
WoFAUbf.png
527 KB, 1395x788
>game starts
>I'm going mine build/Monstrosity btw :^)

Kill them all! Hat build or fuck off!
>>
File: 1452108530952.jpg (21 KB, 328x353) Image search: [Google]
1452108530952.jpg
21 KB, 328x353
>>340297164
>>almost all of the items in dota give you some new ability
>That's not true.

>i-I totally played dota!
>>
File: 1422853300077.jpg (160 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1422853300077.jpg
160 KB, 700x700
>>340296936
>Seriously if you are a competitive person who plays mostly solo then stay the fuck away from HotS and play Dota 2.
To be fair, the best you can do is trying to find an stable team and play Dota 2.

Playing ASSFAGGOTS solo is a terrible experience.
>>
>>340297164
>A single character can feed and completely undermine your whole team.
I suppose you've not seen a decent Invoker player, then.
>>
>>340297164
Not anywhere near as bad in Dota 2. A single great player in Dota 2 is able to outfarm and make big game changing plays that can swing the game back into their favor even with a feeder on the team. In HotS you are just fucked, there are no big plays at all, it's why nobody watches HotS.
>>
File: chogall.0.jpg (55 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
chogall.0.jpg
55 KB, 720x720
>dotoddlers will never experience playing the ultimate meme hero
kek
>>
>>340297837
So fucked. You got 2k gold for giving him to another player right? I never even did that.
>>
I actually played a match yesterday for the first time in months. It was a pretty shit experience and I won't be playing it again
>>
>>340297837
He, Abathur and the siege tank that should be Duke but is a bulldike are the only interesting heroes.

HotS had some pottential as a fun timekiller, maybe with conpletely PvE maps and shit, would be fitting for its playerbase.

But they wanted the espots money and ruined it.
>>
>>340298298
I feel the same. Even worse with those constant esports events they're shilling. Can't survive the cringe of balding 30-somethings commenting about obese loser with crossed arms playing a game as if this was the tightest shit ever.
>>
>>340297753
Pretty much, but in the end most people play solo/duo most the time. And Dota 2 is the game that actually rewards solo skill while HotS just shackles you to your teammates and makes the TEAM the only important thing. But then they go ahead and rate all players individually which makes absolutely no sense.
>>
I enjoy the game, but I hate their cosmetics.

They are all stupid bullshit. Either crossgame shit like widowmaker nova, or ridiculously stupid themed shit.

They have about all of 3 mounts that are actually cool, then the rest is shitty low rez dumpster schlock or floaty lightshows.

Their art team is full on retarded.

Also, fuck them for reusing Starcrafts engine.
>>
>>340298564
>reusing Starcrafts engine

Another terrible thing about the game. No proper reconnect function, the game runs terribly and if you lag for even a second your fps drops with it. Just fucking terrible.
>>
>>340298564
I take no issue with the SC2 engine, but I agree on the designs being quite shit especially for the mounts. That and the fact that some Master Skins look like the hero fused with a fucking madcatz controller.
>>
>>340282081
Can't deal with le weekly rotations and unlocking heroes. If it wasn't for that bullshit I would play it a lot more.
>>
>>340298564
>fuck them for reusing Starcrafts engine
It started as a SC2 custom map, right? Guess they had most of the job done when they decided to make it a standalone game.
>>
File: 1442735654954.png (10 KB, 416x355) Image search: [Google]
1442735654954.png
10 KB, 416x355
>>340290661
>FUCK CONTENT AND TACTICS, I JUST WANT TO RIGHT CLICK IN THE SAME SPOT FOR 15 MINUTES

Man, blizzdrones are fucking weird
But I'm not surprised, since all Blizzard has managed to pump out in the last 10 years are a couple of shit expansions, lawsuits, a cheap cash-grab moba and a shit movie
>>
File: 1455822108794.png (649 KB, 985x1234) Image search: [Google]
1455822108794.png
649 KB, 985x1234
>>340282081

>Developers have their heads up their ass
>Cult fan-base defends their poor decisions
>Terrible balance team
>Matchmaking forces you into near impossible matches when your win-rate gets too high.

Fuckin Dustin. That shit head is stopping HoTS from being great.
>>
>>340298720
There are maybe 20% of all released skins/mounts that I would ever fucking use.

Same applies to the master skins.

Like what the fuck is the deal with 50% of every master skin being base model + horns. Then you have shit like Master Murky and Stitches...
>>
>>340299483
One of the few that made sense was Xul. But similar to Thrall's case, one could argue that those master skins should've been their standard skins.
>>
>tfw your main only has 1 terrible skin outside of base and master model, and Nova continues to get a new skin every month.

Fucking sucks
>>
>gold generation to get heroes is so slow
yeah fuck that, rather play dota instead
>>
The game would be fun as fuck if it had heroes with depth, what a pity.
>>
>>340299727
Nah, thrall is the perfect example of how to do master skins.

Base model is lore model, then master adds realistic armor change that looks badass and powerful.

Thrall, Jaina, Falstad, Chromie, Muradin, Rexxar, Li-Ming, Rehgar, Nazeebo, Tassadar, Valla, Zul, and Tracer all do this very well.

Then there are ones like Uther, Kaelthas, and Kharazim that are too small of a change to be "master"
>>
>>340299430
There are still people play this now ? This game is more dead than SC2.
>>
>>340297258
>All of those things you listed lead to PvP

lmao, so does it in other MOBAs you mong

you cant deny the fact that the game primarly revolves around PvE objectives. You recruit shit to fight for you, you collect coins so you can destroy the enemy base thus leading to less fighting, you collect even more shit so you can curse the enemy minions so you can push with your NPCs more easily.

It's a PvE game, with flavors of PvP mixed in. In Dota 2 and LoL, minions (or creeps) are used as a means to obtain gold and buffs, not map wide objectives
>>
>>340300541
Yes, and you want to know why it's dead? The developers still continue to have their heads up their ass.

>"We don't want to force the meta for quick-match!"
>Proceed to get stupid comps that make me foam at the mouth rage and drop the game immediately after that game for the day.
>Automated silence report system that takes a measly 10 reports over 14 days.
>If you were "toxic" in even just ONE sentence throughout all those reports, they will refuse to unsilence you.
>Everyone acts like special butterflies and think that picking their shitty heroes in Hero League is fine.
>Li-Ming
>>
Activislaves are really infesting the board at full force these days.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.