[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Minutemen >Settlers with little to no combat experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 24
>Minutemen
>Settlers with little to no combat experience
>Mostly farmers
>Super Mutants and Raiders constantly make them their bitches
>Armor are literally coats
>Gun of choice is a shitty laser musket

>Railroad
>Basically future SJWs
>Would rather put the life of a synth above a human
>Hideout is a rinky dink cave
>Has to resort to subterfuge and guerrilla warfare to meet their extremist means

>Brotherhood of Steel
>Organized like an actual military
>Members have years of combat experience and codes of honor
>Team of scribes and scientists looking to advance technology and knowledge
>Realizes that the annihilation of synths and super mutants is the most logical choice for a better world
>Weapons and armor are top tier
>Commonwealth HQ is a goddamn fully functioning airship
>Liberty fucking Prime
>Doesn't take shit from nobody

It's obvious that BoS is the best choice in FO4
>>
literally who?
>>
File: White male.jpg (152 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
White male.jpg
152 KB, 600x600
>>340277004
>Brotherhood of Steel
>Fucking white Males
>Are you kidding me!?
>>
File: Yes_Man.jpg (240 KB, 830x596) Image search: [Google]
Yes_Man.jpg
240 KB, 830x596
The FO4 kids are trying to copy a New Vegas thread. How cute.
>>
>>340277004
>laser musket
I still can't believe beth was this dumb.
>laser rifle with crank
>for some reason called musket
>>
>>340277535
It's called a musket entirely because of the allusion to the revolutionary war
>>
>>340277004
>not institute master race

Worth it for X 1 power armor paint alone
>>
Why, if i am the general, doing all the bitch work?
If theres ghouls attacking a settlement or some shit why cant i just send some minutemen to go sort it out?
All they do is sit around the fort and jerk each other off.
>>
>>340277004
>It's obvious that BoS is the best choice in FO4

Spoken like somebody who's first fallout was fallout three.
>>
>>340278780
>Institute
>Pussy ass scientists
>Makes synths do all the fighting
>Completely ignorant of the Commonwealth and their actions

Nah
>>
rather make BoS my enemy for that sweet loot. I am a literal god, it doesn't really matter how strong or weak my aligned faction is. Its going to win just because I'm there
>>
>>340277004
BoS: Exterminate anything we don't understand.
Institute: Exterminate anything we can't control.
Railroad: Free synths, but forget to clean up our own mess if said synths get out of hand.
Minutemen: Hey, be my leader, but do all the work for me.

All of the factions in this game are utter shit. Half-baked ideals with no way to change or expand their reach or ideology.
>>
>>340279898
not to mention you've gotta nuke some of them no matter what or you literally cannot progress the story. even if some of their people are okay, you can' tell them to not come to work
>>
>>340280015
You can finish the game as Minutemen and only people you need to nuke are the Institute
>>
>>340280015
I pretty much consider the whole situation to be a wash. In my own mind, the Survivor:

1) Takes over the Institute and enforces a more benevolent approach
2) Sends Maxon's BoS packing, either by convincing him that he's taking a shit on Lyons' ideals, or by force.
3) Encourages the Railroad to police the Synth population, taking into account that AI are a step beyond humanity and can become a significant threat if left unchecked.
4) Slap Preston hard enough to actually have him run the fucking Minutemen. not have me run his errands for him.
>>
>>340280119
>only people you need to nuke are the Institute
so I'm still right? okay. the institute are run by some real crackpots, but they're still capable of doing good work. why the fuck is nuking them necessary?
>>
>>340277004
> Team of scribes and scientists looking to advance technology and knowledge
But BoS hasn't advanced any technology in FO? They've only hoarded it.
>>
>>340280210
I will probably never beat the game because the story is so stupid and railroaded (pun not intended)
>>
>>340280289
Because it's supposed to be a hard choice.
>>
>>340280487
Its not a choice at all, genius.
>>
>>340280487
There's a difference between two valid options and two fucking idiotic options.
>>
File: 1463895394576.jpg (165 KB, 720x893) Image search: [Google]
1463895394576.jpg
165 KB, 720x893
>>340280289
>why the fuck is nuking them necessary
Because while they were rooting around the wiki for more ideas to bastardize they came across the design documents for Van Buren and decided the "someone's getting nuked whatever you do" ending was neat
>>
>>340277004
>Caring about beth story
>>
>>340279898
>>340280015
Fucking this
Even in the DLC the only way to achieve true peace is by murdering the leaders of the other factions and replacing them with synths that are programmed to be more willing for peace.

This is worse than when they had to force people going with Mr. House to kill the Brotherhood, you become the leader of the main antagonist faction and aren't allowed to coexist with the others, fucking why.
>>
>>340280467
In my opinion, the best course is Railroad & Minutemen. We can survive without the cold technocracy of the Institute, and we can survive the aggressive zealotry of the BoS, but we need people to rebuild, people to pick up the pieces of a shattered Commonwealth. The Minutemen have the manpower and the Railroad the technology and training to forge something new from the ruins of the old world.
>>
>>340280541
>the choice between whom to wipe out is not a choice
>>
>>340280738
Cut content did give you the option to convince House that the BoS weren't a significant threat at the time. Basically Obsidian needed to have something to stop House being the obvious choice.
>>
>>340280757
technically the institute is the most capable of building the wasteland, if they weren't sheltered little fucks. just like all the other factions need you in charge to be capable of helping anyone in the wasteland. the institute has the actual know how to feed and protect everyone with technology alone
>>
>>340277004
Canon ending is Minutemen, so who cares.
>>
File: SomeSnivelingFish.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
SomeSnivelingFish.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>340280738
>he thinks Arcadia is the 'true piece' ending

Hint: Far Harbor has no neutra! ending. You either hand the island over to the harbormen the children of atom or the synth, specifically Dima. People get fucked either way
>>
>>340280892
>house
>obvious choice
>not the legion run by the legate
though I wish obsidian hadn't been rushed to make NV, it could've been so much better than it already is
>>
>>340278917
Because another settlement needs your help
>>
>>340280957
I like to believe that the Instute are 'misguided', not in the sense of the invidual scientists, because it could be so that the inviduals know nothing about what's going on in the wasteland, and the higher ups are like "Yo, bruvs, do this tech" and then they do it and the higher ups unleash/test it on wasteland for shits and giggles.
>>
>>340281094
You can actually get all three to work together though.

Although I still opted to nuke the children, turn Dima over to the harbormen for his crimes and convince everyone I could at acadia to just leave
>>
>>340280957
Without a doubt, the Institute have the means, but they need a huge push to change their worldview. TO them, the Commonwealth is little more than a petri dish for them to test out their experiments on. They don't care about the people, or about the future of mankind beyond the walls of their compound.

A good ending would be the Railroad taking over from the Coursers and allowing Synth life to peacefully integrate into the wasteland without the violence or paranoia typically associated with it.

I know people complain that a peaceful ending would be too 'happy' but it makes the most sense. Long-term peace is only brought about by negotiation, not further conflict.

tl;dr Bethesda has a fucking awful world view where the only route to peace is via the annihilation of all your enemies
>>
>>340280892
Yeah that's what I meant. It's dumb that they had to do that but at least it has a reason.

>>340280957
The institute is literally the best choice for the wasteland, if this game wasn't written by idiots that is.
imagine if the player who works to become the minutemen general, a high ranking agent of the railroad, and the LEADER of the Institute could ally all of these factions and actually go on to help the wasteland with institute technology.
>>
>>340281094
Wait.

A question.

After I finish the DLC, can I get the BoS to bcome over and wipe out Arcadia?

This way there will be peace without synth control.
>>
>>340281198
There's a possibility The Institute is just a scapegoat. It's mention that people tried to unite the commonwelth but AN INSTITUTE SPY killed everyone. Later on Father mentions The Institute tried to unite the commonwealth but they were attacked or something.
>>
>>340281198
thats all the institute really is. I mean when you storm the compound with the BoS you're literally running by all of this tech that could solve every single problem in the wasteland but for whatever reason you have to nuke it all.
>>
>>340280434

They designed and built the Prydwen. It's not as high-tech as anything pre-war but the Brotherhood do perform research and design projects.
>>
>>340281107
He means that House is the path of least resistance. Players sometimes forget they've got choices and get swept up into the House route because its the easiest to get involved in.

It's the one time idiot playtesters have made a game better because fuck the BoS
>>
>>340277004
The main problem I have with this game's writing is the utter inability of the protagonist to ask questions.

Why did the Institute make sentient synths when all their tasks can be done by the Gen 1 ones? Why do they not realise sentient synths deserve equal rights? Why does the Brotherhood wish to blow the Institute up despite their mission being hoarding technology? Why does the Railroad refuse to integrate synths into society better? Etc. etc. etc.

So these all just end up being huge plotholes.
>>
>>340281352
BoS and Institute players can kill/reclaim Acadia.

The problem is without Acadia the Fog Condensers will eventually break and far harbor will die.

Really the children of Adam are probably the most logical ending. far harbor originally started the feud
>>
>>340281571
tfw no boomer ending
>>
>>340277004
>Railroad
>Basically future SJWs
I've never seen such weak b8
>>
>>340281464

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. Either with the Railroad or BoS you need to basically conquer the institute first before destroying it. Why not just keep the compound and use it?
>>
>>340281596
>Why does the Brotherhood wish to blow the Institute up despite their mission being hoarding technology?

Maxon flat out says synths are an abomination and need to be purged.

The railroad also mentions settlers routinely lynch and kil! synths which is why they have to be shipped out of the commonwealth
>>
>>340281602
>children of Adam are probably the most logical ending
>logical ending is siding with the least logical people
Even if the fog condensers eventually break down, the inhabitants would just be forced to move off the island. Might hurt their pride but its literally harmless otherwise. Of course with siding with the children of atom, you turn all of their protection off at once so they just end up dying.
>>
>>340281596
They answer all of those questions.

You really think scientists would stop making better synths just because the old ones are "good enough"? And the synths are their creations and property so they have no rights of their own.
>>
>>340277236
Can't wait for all the mods that'll add New Vegas shit.
I want a Yes Man companion.
>>
>>340281627
Hide Boomers threads
Ignore Boomers posts
Do Not Reply To Boomers Posters
>>
>>340281770

BoS slaughtering ghouls put me off them. Ferals, fine, that's basically pest control, but the others are just ordinary people caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. The BoS wanting to kill them because of something they had nothing to do with seems really poorly thought out.
>>
>>340281954
BoS are basically just 40k Space Marines these days
>>
>>340281627
>boomers
>kings
>legion

Why do Obsidian fanboys tend to forget that the NV factions are 10 times worse and more nonsensical than the FO4 factions?
>>
>>340281774
Far Harbor deserves it. They were the ones who killed CoAs out of unfounded paranoia. They were the ones who essentially started the feud
>>
>>340282052
Legion had most of their planned content cut because unlike FO4 they only had a year to develop the game. The other "factions" are just tribes that normally populate the wasteland in great varieties but are essentially missing from 4.
>>
All factions in 4 are shit.

>wanted to join Gunners
>get shot at for no reason

>wanted to talk to Children of the Atom
>get nuka grenaded for no fucking reason

shit game
>>
>>340282052
Boomers were ok from what I remember. Elvis impersonators and grown men playing Roman dress up were dumb, though
>>
>>340282208
You can join Atom in the DLC.
But Commonwealth ones will still attack on sight.
>>
File: Todd [Tippy Toe] Howard.jpg (273 KB, 1062x1024) Image search: [Google]
Todd [Tippy Toe] Howard.jpg
273 KB, 1062x1024
BoS are garbage in 4.

>HEY WE'RE HERE TO LOUDLY ANNOUNCE OUR PRESENCE LOL

fuck this game to death

Fucking NV's factions are more fleshed out, and they're generally unfinished.
>>
>>340282329
If you join the children of atom you get some dialog choices with some child of atom npca in the commonwealth, which is cool.
>>
>Factions in NV are spread out across the map and you can run into any of them while exploring
>Factions in 4 are localized to a SINGLE tiny location and you won't run into any of them outside of their little playground
If anything, the factions in 4 are more like little tribes. I'm supposed to believe these hikkimoris have any affect on the outside world?
>>
>>340282329

>see that faction
>you can join them
>oh but it's DLC

lmao
>>
>>340282468
Really? Who?
>>
File: 1446954318611.png (1022 KB, 699x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446954318611.png
1022 KB, 699x1024
>>340282430
>Obsidian will never make another Fallout game

Why bother going on
>>
>>340282052
>10 times worse and more nonsensical than the FO4 factions

Explain yourself.

>>340282558

Probably the ones you see wandering around from time to time.
>>
>>340282052
>a bunch of gun nuts from an experimental vault decide the best way to protect themselves is with guns
>a wasteland tribe reinvents itself in the image of some kind of pre-war idol
>one man unifies a bunch of warring tribals under a single banner and chooses to emulate pre-war Rome in the same way NCR is trying to emulate pre-war America

So what's the problem here
>>
>>340282495
You mean aside from the BoS flying around attacking shit? Or synth patrols? I sided with the railroad and there's a lot of railroad npcs patrolling the commonwealth post game
>>
>>340282636
>synth patrols
>a meaningful interaction and not just a random roll of the dice of what type of monster you're going to fight next
>>
File: NV map.gif (544 KB, 1925x1104) Image search: [Google]
NV map.gif
544 KB, 1925x1104
>>340282619

He's just upset, and trying to pretend 4 has some merit.
>>
>>340282468
Crator of Atom in the glowing sea, also the guy in the nuke deposit for the Liberty Reprimed quest were what I found.
>>
File: nextgen reaction image.png (485 KB, 760x639) Image search: [Google]
nextgen reaction image.png
485 KB, 760x639
>>340282636
>BoS flying around attacking shit

this is so fucking stupid
>>
>>340277004
>Institute
>access to technology more advanced than pre-war society
>capable of building machines that look like humans
>get a real life sex bot
>instant teleportation devices
>advanced weapon systems far beyond anyone can create
>working to create a better humanity and a bright future

I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>340282607
>>340282619

Because there's no room to waste time and resources to dress up like silly characters in the wasteland.

And you can't tell me that blowing up everything that approaches with no questions asked through their somehow infinite ammo is not completely retarded.
>>
>>340281863
I want new vegas recreated with 4's graphics.
They did it with the elders scrolls why not fallout?
>>
File: download (5).jpg (10 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
10 KB, 224x224
>>340282779
Actually pretty fun when you're about to attack a Super Mutant base and suddenly some Brotherhood of Steel backup swooces in to help
>>
>>340277004
>>Team of scribes and scientists looking to advance technology and knowledge

and then they just want to nuke the institute instead of harvesting useful technology from them

B R A V O Bethesda
R
A
V
O

Your bathroom stall graffiti tier writing manages to outdo itself yet again by lowering the bar. Just fucking set your offices on fire and lock the door so no one can get out and you'd be doing mankind a favor.
>>
Brotherhood of Steel : Retarded xenophobes whose entire chapter relies on jewing all technological items for their own needs. Capital Wasteland chapter tried to help people, but then got promptly removed as being an official chapter and no longer received support from mainland BoS
Railroad : Bunch of extremist faggots who act like synths are being constantly whipped, tortured and murdered just for pleasure by the scientists of the Institute.
Minutemen : Poor faction that got assraped by Bethesda's laziness of actually making an interesting story and background about them like the other 3 factions. They suck dick for helping settlements which cannot fucking protect themselves, even if they had a shit-ton of mininukes, the settlements would still be destroyed in a simple raider attack because you didn't intervene
Institute : Actually know their shit about trying to help humanity by creating new technology. Too bad they suck their own dicks for all the synth infiltrators. Fuck the synth infiltrators.
Also, your kidnapped son is the leader of it. Have fun!
>>
>>340282963

Shut up.
>>
>>340283005
Synth technology is evil you fool.

What you're saying is like saying it was wrong to blow up the super mutant factory because it's "technology".
>>
>>340283224
The institute didn't only have synth technology you fucking moron.
>>
The Railroad faction makes no sense whatsoever. If they love synths so much, why do they destroy the very facility that makes them? Why put so much effort and resources in helping a "species" that you're essentially just forcing into extinction?

I sided with them because they had the best base, but what a horribly written game.
>>
BoS - HEY BRO LET'S SHOOT SOME NIGGAS AND BLOW SHIT UP FUCK TECH LMAO but yeah bring that super mutant and synth aboard our flying base with MAxson on it that's cool lol

Railroad. WE GOTTA SAVE DA SYNTHS but not those other ones they're not human enough fucking shoot them. Also don't tell anyone the password into the Railroad is Railroad.

Minutemen- MR GRAVEY HAS ANOTHER SETTLEMENT FOR YOU TO fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>340283224
>Synth technology is evil
>evil
>unironically using that term
Even super mutants weren't technically evil as they were rightfully trying to propagate their own species like every other living creature on earth does. The only problem being it directly conflicts your own goals. Meanwhile synths just want to live in peace and don't replace people out of choice
>>
File: tree.jpg (22 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
22 KB, 500x355
>>340283224
>Synth technology is evil you fool.
>>
>>340283359
DiMa actually addresses that. He calls the railroad stupid and with the institute gone no more synths can be made
>>
>>340282901
>Legion uniforms are painted sports equipment and bits of cloth
>Kings outfits were all stored in the building

>infinite ammo
They raided a military base for the howitzers. If the base had any intention of using them they would have had a significant stockpile of shells because that's how you use artillery. Saturation over precision.

You make it clear you'll drop shells on absolutely anyone and pretty soon no one is going to come by
>>
>>340282901

Not as retarded as the BoS flying around in unlimited numbers of vertabirds. At least the Boomers have the excuse of a massive stockpile.
>>
>hey you helped us out once, now you're our general
>now go do all the grunt work for us while we sit around on our asses all day

And not only do you have to clear out all the fucking sources of raiders/mutants/ghouls, but you also have to do all the tedious settlement building despite the fact that the Minutemen should be the ones doing it since they're fucking there all day.
>>
>>340282949
>They did it with the elders scrolls
Are you talking about Skywind? Because that will literally never be finished.
>>
>>340283496
Dima?
>>
>>340283496
So Bethesda has players criticize their writing for them instead of evaluating whether what they write is coherent or not and then packages the criticisms into a paid dlc to sell it back to customers so it seems like they care and listen. My god the levels of "the customers will fix our shitty games" have reached critical mass, someone gas bethesda please.
>>
>>340282208

I fucking hated how everything just wanted to kill you just for existing.

And why the fuck are there so many super mutants?
>>
>>340277004
Minutemen are unrealistic and fanfic tier as a faction.

Can you believe they think a rag tag group of farmers from New England banding together to fight against something would ever lead anywhere.So unrealistic.

You are correct on the BoS though.
When has a highly trained,well armed army steeped in tradition and honor,backed by the scientific minds researching super weapons with a fanatical hatred for "Lesser creatures." ever not worked out.

Agree about the RR they suck balls.
>>
File: nani.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
nani.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>340282779

Yeah I dropped the game when they flew in after I killed Kellog.

I just couldn't comprehend it.
>>
>>340283971
>So unrealistic.
when there's maybe 2 or 3 of them and they don't even do any of the fighting, yeah it is
>>
>>340277535
>comes with a crank
>still uses ammunition
>>
File: f19.gif (468 KB, 450x252) Image search: [Google]
f19.gif
468 KB, 450x252
>kill random cow
>loot synth elements
>mfw
>>
File: king kek.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
king kek.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>340277535

how about those pipe weapons that are useless from the very start of the game because of said musket and 10mm pistol
>>
>>340284394
>literally start game with 10mm pistol
>game throws pipe pistols at me for some reason
literally why?
>>
File: 1462474803531.jpg (117 KB, 940x589) Image search: [Google]
1462474803531.jpg
117 KB, 940x589
>>340284479
Gotta show how post-apocalypse everything is
>>
people seem to forget that powder gangers and khans were a joinable faction too
>>
>>340284672
in reference to what?
>>
>>340284809

in reference to another reason 4 is shit
>>
>>340284581
Can the pipe pistols become good if you have the right skills, or are they just permanent shit stains?
>>
>>340284394
>open locked pre war safe
>find post apocalypse pipe weapon
>>
>>340285023
with the same skills needed to make a pipe weapon passable, you'd have made the other weapons that much better
>>
File: Untitled.png (387 KB, 380x504) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
387 KB, 380x504
>>340285023

all pipe weapons remain terrible
>>
>>340285081
But pre-war niggers were all about that shit, anon
>>
>>340284672

pretty sure there are a few more besides ncr and the legion

>>340285081

did you find any pre-war jet?
>>
>>340282851
If they would stay in their hole and quit taking people and goods from the wasteland then fine.

They take some people for experiments and some because they show promise.

Their best days are behind them and they are now reduced to being the most advanced scavvers in the world.They need to grab some old world tech to make their power plant work.

Minutemen4life.
>>
>>340284394
The weapon balance in general is completely shit. None of the sniper rifles compare to a combat rifle with a scope on it. More bullets in a mag, faster rate of fire, less AP costs in VATS, cheaper ammo all the while still doing more damage as well.
>>
File: caged laff.gif (2 MB, 187x155) Image search: [Google]
caged laff.gif
2 MB, 187x155
>>340285239

okay that's legit funny
>>
Has 4 gotten optimized since the release at all?
>>
>>340284226
Confirmed for not playing the game.
>>
>>340285342

see

>>340267617

does pretty well explaining how fucked guns are
>>
>>340285437
Confirmed for skipping dialog and not paying attention to anything
>>
>>340281245
Great thing is, NV let you have a peaceful choice, and made you decide if its the best option.
Is not removing entire factions from existence the best for long term peace, or is violence sometimes necessary to achieve peace?
Dont ask bethesda thats for sure
>>
>>340285487
But I already know the weapons are shit, why would I need a video to confirm what I already know?
>>
>>340285081
Mass is fairly anti gun irl.
It would be no surprise if draconian gun laws were be passed.
With shortages and riots becoming more commonplace some people would turn to improvised firearms for protection.
>>
>>340285342

Sniper Rifle is so fucking useless in 4. Even a maxed out one with the stat that does extra damage to enemies with full HP

I just used overseer's guardian for sniping.

So fuckin stupid.
>>
>>340285725
Pipe guns from before the War would be a hell of a lot more sophisticated by ones after it, then, since the knowledge required to build guns was still readily available
>>
>>340285492
So you didn't notice MM patrols fighting bad guys after you start at least 3 settlements.

If you are not going to play the game but still bitch about it at least be correct.
I would rather discuss points than correct misconceptions.
>>
>>340284581
But you find them in pre-war safes.
Guns and Ammo magazines have them on the covers.

Bethesda's own explanation for all the shitty pipeguns lying around is that building your own guns out of a box of scrap was a popular trend in pre-apocalypse america.
>>
>>340279898

In fairness that is the Brotherhood's canon idealogy.
>>
>>340285023
No, because any skills that can be used for pipe weapons can be used on objectively better weapons. They're worthless.
>>
>>340286184

No it fucking isn't.
>>
>>340282052
>kings
>a faction

They're just one group of the many groups in Freeside
>>
>>340282901
>Because there's no room to waste time and resources to dress up like silly characters in the wasteland.

Are you forgetting that Fallout is partially based on Mad Max, where everyone dresses like an 80s metal fan?
>>
>Be autist who wants to complete every faction quest that is possible
>A SETTLEMENT NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!

Fuck this shitty game holy shit
>>
>>340284132

BoS are loud and dumb now. Just like Bethesdrones.
>>
>>340286475
>get their own ending slide
>involved in a main quest for NCR
>can join them
>not a faction

The Kings run Freeside, it would be stupid to separate them and the locals into different reputations when they'd end up rising or lowering together anyway
>>
File: My name is Piper.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
My name is Piper.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>>
>>340286460
>no it isn't
>literally "fuck everyone else that has tech"

They were nice to you ONE time, in Fallout 2 if you got them the Vertibird plans. They only let you join in 1 because you accomplished something they saw as impossible.
>>
>>340286475

Goes to show how much you don't know about NV.
>>
>>340286885
>BoS are loud and dumb now.
>now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87US9AXNMME
>>
>>340286885

They might not have been loud in previous games, but they were plenty fucking dumb.
>>
>>340286885
They always were
>>
The best decision in Fallout 4 is not buying the game
>>
File: 1465310230397.webm (2 MB, 1048x500) Image search: [Google]
1465310230397.webm
2 MB, 1048x500
>>340287089
>>
>>340282127
>>340282127
yes but they had a full engine ready. NW is the same game with fo3
>>
I just wanted to get something out of the way. I was playing FO2 the other day and something dawned on me that makes FO3 make even less sense than it did before me.

President Eden's secret plan with the modified FEV is essentially a followup on Dick Richardson's plan from FO2, wipe out the muties. There's a problem with Eden's plan though, it's inherently flawed. Even if you do what he says, it won't matter. It'll kill normal people sure, since they have trace amounts of radiation in them. But it'll do literally jack shit to the ghouls and super mutants that are already there, BECAUSE THEY DON'T DRINK WATER! Their bodies no longer require food and drink to function, the modified FEV is POINTLESS.
>>
>>340287829
Both Ghouls and Super Mutants still eat and drink
>>
>>340287604
Boy, Bethesda love themselves some corner cutting.
>>
>>340288181
That's an inherent limitation of the engine

Obsidian had to fight to get looping reloads into New Vegas
>>
>>340288154

They don't need to though. This was established in FO2.

It only takes a couple of them dying before they go "oh wait, let's not drink anymore"
>>
>>340288267
>That's an inherent limitation of the engine
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>340288504

If this your first rodeo with Gamebryo?
>>
>>340283224

In FO1 isn't the Brotherhood that wants you to explode the Super Mutant Base, only the overseer.
>>
>>340288747
I didn't realize the engine was THAT shit
>>
>>340288897

As much as people like to bitch about Unreal Engine, these games would run infinitely better if that's what they were running on.
>>
>>340288897
They wanted some of the power fists to use ammo, too, but ran out of time before they could find a work around to make Gamebryo do it properly
>>
File: all-ss-reg.jpg (37 KB, 864x776) Image search: [Google]
all-ss-reg.jpg
37 KB, 864x776
>>340277004
More like Brudershaft aus Stahl, home of the Techno-Facists
>>
File: 1465127203091.gif (499 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
1465127203091.gif
499 KB, 500x246
>>340283224
>Technology
>Evil
Really Nigguh?
>>
>>340291203

Well I mean if it's sapient then it can be evil.
>>
>>340291773
Ok, but INHERENTLY evil? I repeat," Really Nigguh?"
>>
>>340283619
Just like Morroblivion was never finished?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>340292219
>Ok, but INHERENTLY evil?

Sure, why not
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.