[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is getting annoying. I got sub, knife, skipped a question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 2092574-box_999.png (763 KB, 585x640) Image search: [Google]
2092574-box_999.png
763 KB, 585x640
This is getting annoying. I got sub, knife, skipped a question mark, and then axe. I'm out of ideas of what to try and having to redo puzzles is annoying. The only thing I did different last time (axe) was not take the little faggot's charm.
>>
>>340273674
Door 5, after solving the piano puzzle, check the safe in the small room next door twice, door 8, door 6.
After that do
Door 4, accept the charm, hear about ice 9 in the freezer , door 7, remind seven about ice 9, give the charm to clover, door 1
done
>>
just do what the other anon said, you've got all the bad ends worth getting anyway. having to redo puzzles does kinda suck yeah. luckily they fixed that with vlr
>>
>>340273674
Shitty games like these need a guide otherwise they feel like a chore and just time consuming so don't be shy and use one
>>
>>340274315
But there's 3 empty slots
>>
>>340274465
one of the endings is the true ending cut in half with a TO BE CONTINUED, which happens if you dont do the safe ending (5,8,6) first
You don't need that one
>>340274450
kill yourself
>>
>>340273674
they literally show you the order of doors to take after your first bad ending

just fucking look at that it goes to the "preview" option on the main menu
>>
>>340274442
Should I the second one on the shita? I heard the 3ds one was broken.
>>
>>340274962

Well, if you have both the Vita and the 3DS you should go with the Vita version. It has multiple save files (which are basically useless unless you are sharing the game with a friend or something), more memo pages, better graphics and the save bug is fixed

Otherwise it's basically the same thing.
>>
>>340274962

oh and to elaborate, the save bug in the 3DS is pretty major, but it only happens occasionally under specific circumstances. There's a puzzle room in the 2nd game called the PEC, and sometimes the game crashes and corrupts your save file if you try saving during the puzzle sequence.

so if you do get the 3DS version, just don't do that. it's probably been patched now, but I'm not sure, I played it at release
>>
So, who's ready for a thread filled with black bars?
>>
>>340274962
they both have pros and cons. the vita looks a lot nicer and doesn't have the (easily avoidable) save bug. the 3ds stylus makes it really easy to take notes for puzzles and to quickly tap things to inspect. but it does have the save bug (don't save in puzzles and it will never happen) and there's some flavor text that gets cut off for some reason. 3d isn't really a thing in the game either because the "sprites" are prerendered so they're pop-up book levels of 3d

>>340275134
they "patched" the eshop version by preventing you from saving during puzzles. the cart version is unpatched afaik
>>
I played VLR before playing 999 because I didn't know what I was doing then I tried to play 999 and couldn't because it was so dated in comparison

VLR>999 objectively
>>
>>340275348
no
>>
>>340275348

What? The only real difference in terms of gameplay between 999 and VLR is that 999 lacks a flow chart.

but to be fair, it's a pretty big difference
>>
>>340273674

Here you go
>>
Did anyone else find VLR oddly lacking compared to 999? I was absolutely hooked by the setting or plot or something in 999. But with VLR, I came up against a PIN code terminal only for the playthrough to end unceremoniously and put me back to the start. I put it down and haven't felt the urge to go back.
>>
>>340275816
Are you just one hundred percent unawares of the REASON shit like that happens?
>>
>>340275816
999 sold like shit in japan for being too violent/intense/spooky for feeble minded japs so chunsoft made him tone it down for vlr. it DOES eventually get better, it just takes a really long time to pick up. and you're not back at the start, use your flowchart dummy. you never need to redo a puzzle in vlr because of the flowchart
>>
>>340275816

VLR's atmosphere isn't as good and it's a lot slower paced, but the way the game falls together into place is well done

My only complaint is that the game was essentially a huge setup for ZTD so it didn't really have a conclusion. Luckily ZTD is actually coming out -- you can imagine how pissed people were finishing the game back in 2012 and then hearing news about the series going on infinite hiatus.
>>
>>340275943
Probably, I didn't get to explore the plot too much in just one playthrough. My point is that I didn't feel the urge to find out more. Not trying to start an argument btw, I'm sure other people had reason to legit enjoy VLR.
>>
>>340276147
I'll just tell you this, then.

You're able to go back and forth, the game has a lot of 'locks', like the PIN screen, that requires information.

Getting it as your first can be a bit discouraging, but it's not worth just dropping for.
I'd say more, but, you know, actual spoilers.
>>
>>340276147

VLR is a game where to get the full experience, you actually need to do every route. There are a few bad ends which aren't really required but otherwise you need to see all the endings to really 'finish' the game.

If you enjoyed 999, you should really keep playing
>>
6=0
>>
>>340278169
Spoilers like this are worthless when the spoilee doesn't know why.

Didn't detract from my experience at all.
>>
>>340278169
>>340280167
Thing about 999 is that knowing who zero is really doesn't spoil the game at all.
>>
>>340280310
I just said that
>>
So why Mandoril or whatever to Soporil.

That's just retarded.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.