[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a weeb faggot that's never played the Yakuza games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: yakuza.jpg (125 KB, 300x423) Image search: [Google]
yakuza.jpg
125 KB, 300x423
I'm a weeb faggot that's never played the Yakuza games.

Is it safe to start with 4 or 5? Should I go back to the originals for the PS2? What's the best way to get into this series?
>>
Start with the first, or you could wait for the remake of it.
>>
>>340272050
Safe to start with 4. 5 less so because no cutscenes of past games.

Don't try and 100% all of them, otherwise you'll be doing 80% repetition.

>>340272157
> or you could wait for the remake of it.
Only if he's going to import since I'm fairly sure they're just gonna skip Kiwami.
>>
>>340272258
Is 4 like, the start of a new trilogy or something? I only said 4 as an arbitrary number in the series. How much will I miss by not playing 1-3?

I've also heard Sega doesn't treat these games very well in localization. What should I be wary of?
>>
>>340272568
>Is 4 like, the start of a new trilogy or something?
Nah, it's just better than 3. ("""comfy""" people will try and claim otherwise)

It ruined a lot with the story from 1-2 which while far from perfect stories were more consistent. All 3-5 have pretty meh stories.

But like I said, you have reminiscene scenes so you can get summaries of each previous game in 4. 5 Doesn't have that.

> What should I be wary of?
Just that 1&2HD, Kenzan, Ishin, Black Panther games and most likely Kiwami (remake of 1) won't make it to the west.
>>
I played the first part of 4, then put it down for a long while for some reason, despite thinking it was awesome. In that time I purchased all the previous games and played them in order.

I'd say it's best to play them all, but it's not a necessity if price/effort is an obstacle to doing so.
>>
>>340272050
Sega should add Yakuza 1 and 2 to that ps2 emulation for ps4. I'm sure it would help drum up some interest in the series.
>>
>>340273162
There's already 1&2HD but it wasn't localised.
>>
>manage to emulate the first game nicely
>second game just won't work no matter what I try, looks like a blurry mess or a broken mess never in between

Fuck I should really buy a replacement PS2 one of these days before they start becoming too expensive.
>>
>>340272050
yes it is safe to start with 4.
i started with 4 and fell in love with the series.
>>
I wouldn't really start with 1. 2 maybe, but try to play 1 if you feel like diving into a world of hurt. I finished 1 a few days ago, and the combat system really could use more work, you'll probably spend more time repointing your axis towards the enemy than really fighting.
Also, it's really repetitive.

>>340273293
I think it has to do with it being a DVD9 game (Yakuza 2), and it does a ton of stuff differently from the first game, like the screen transitions.
>>
>>340272050
It's okay your a weeb but Yakuza games are not for faggots.
You aren't allowed to play this manliest games
>>
File: 44395590_p0.jpg (634 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
44395590_p0.jpg
634 KB, 800x1000
Go with either 1 or 4. Best starting points.
>>
>>340274307
Yakuza games are literally weeb games. They're made for fucking Jap men to emulate the Japan "expereince" and to be power fantasies.
>>
File: 1452818956299.jpg (363 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452818956299.jpg
363 KB, 1280x720
>>340275368
>They're made for fucking Jap men
>Yakuza games are literally weeb games
>>
>>340275531
For westerners they are literally by the book definition weeb games where you fucking go around doing da japanese things in japan and shit.
>>
>>340272050
Start with 2 if you want since it still holdsupo, otherwise 3 then 4 then 5, then 0 and then kiwami and in a few years 6
Don't go back to older gamesexcept for 2 and don't play them out of order since every game improves the mechanics
>>
Can you really go back to 1 though? The localization was so fucking grating, even back then.

Really hope they bring the remake over.
>>
Play from start to finish. otherwise you won't know what the fuck is going on and Yakuza 2 is the best PS2 game I've experienced
>>
Skip Yakuza 1 (dub only) and start with Yakuza 2, it's the best one.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.