[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With such big name actors, how could it have Possibly failed??!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ratchet clank da movie.png (555 KB, 538x417) Image search: [Google]
ratchet clank da movie.png
555 KB, 538x417
With such big name actors, how could it have Possibly failed??!
>>
>>340270982
Maybe because they haven't released a proper R&C game in half past forever and a shitty remake released simultaneously wasn't exactly enough to get things going?

Also the movie sucked but that hasn't stopped worse movies from making bank.
>>
>>340270982
Where are Ratchet and Clank?

You know the two guys who are supposed to be the main characters?
>>
WEBrip out fyi.
>RetChet.2O16.D.WEB-DL.720p.mkv
Hope you speak russian!
>>
>>340271090
their VAs aren't important enough to be promoted
>>
The budget was so small it technically didn't.
>>
Ratchet & Clank at it's height was pretty irrelevant and anyone who liked it is far to old to care now.
>>
>>340271431

Its height was 2004 and it was still pretty big back then
>>
>>340270982
Shit writing
>>
>>340270982
Who are all these people?
I know Drek, and I assume that Victor guy is the robot commander you scare off on Eudora, but who are those other people?
>>
File: rage-game-postera-1317693545.jpg (28 KB, 530x331) Image search: [Google]
rage-game-postera-1317693545.jpg
28 KB, 530x331
>Goodman VA wasted again

Hmmm where did I see that before?
>>
>>340271716

Rainmaker's OCs
Rhino man is ratchet's pseudo-father on veldin
Orange human is who you expect to be a love interest but turns out to be a nonexistent character
Grey human somehow turned out to be best girl
>>
>>340271853
Man they go to the trouble of making a movie out of a franchise filled with aliens, and all the main ones are just recolored humans with familiar features and big friendly eyes.
Drek looks terrible with those eyes, where's the big glowy ones that all the Blargg had? And why the HELL is he voiced by some current star instead of his original voice actor?

There's star power, and there's just being retarded.
>>
>>340272249

The movie is the epitome of corporate executives taking control over production out of (somewhat justified) fear it won't sell on the ratchet name alone

All of the women characters are just humanoids, only men are allowed to have less human designs or exaggerated proportions
They convinced a bunch of big names who owed favors to do voices and they push those as the main stars because the actual main ratchet VAs are nonames in hollywood
The humor was written as the most generic safe 'kids movie' shit imagineable - so much so that even TJ fixman left production over creative differences with the director

A ratchet movie true to the games was never going to happen, because ratchet's tone would never be accepted by movie execs
>>
>>340272692
I'd like to hope that all the video game movies that have come out and are coming out this year bombing are proof that there's no reason to make them, but I know better than that.

I hate the idea that a video game series has "made it" if it becomes a movie or a television show or has gobs of merchandise, rather than just being a good game.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.