[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's not piracy if it's Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_20160221_103337.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2652) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160221_103337.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2652
Is it really piracy if we're playing a version of the game which we couldn't get by paying for it? It's not like paying an extra 10 bucks will magically remove all the censorship, make the localization good and remove the region lock.

And considering nintendo region locks all their games and non-region locked games aren't sold but downloaded for free, it's not piracy if it's nintendo.

Also, what games are you playing on your hacked 3DS? Currently playing MonHunX and having a pretty chill time
>>
Yes it's fucking piracy you dipshit. Why do you have to act all high and mighty just admit you want some free fucking games.

I'm playing DKCR3D
>>
Please actually support SMT, Dragon Quest and EO ;-;
>>
>>340267804
>Is it really piracy if we're playing a version of the game which we couldn't get by paying for it?
Nope. If Nintendo wanted your money they should've released the game the right way.
>>
>>340268049

This. I would totally buy an unfucked version.
>>
>>340267906
But I'm not playing what they're selling, I'm playing something different from what they're selling. So it's not actually piracy

Got the N3DS framerate patch for that. Wondering when I should play it though.
>>
>had homebrew but disabled it and updated to 10.7
The homebrew stuff is all invalid now, right?
>>
>>340267906
this christ
>>
>>340267964
>dragon quest
last time i checked, those are only available in japan
>>
>>340268194
Not yet. You can still access homebrew with either Freakyforms Deluxe, OoT+Powersaves or Cubic Ninja.
>>
>>340268280
You can get region free .cia files and play it in the west with your western 3DS
>>
>>340268280
7 and 8 Remakes are coming

>>340267964
dont like EO but I'm definitely buying SMT and DQ remakes. everything else is a pirate
>>
>>340268310
I meant the homebrew I already have on my system. Do I need the physical copies of those games for it to work?
>>
why do some pirates always have to come up with fucking excuses to justify why they pirate

Like just pirate and enjoy free shit, what point do you have to prove
>>
>>340268492
They just want to feel superior for not spending money, despite that they have no jobs to buy shit in the first place.
>>
>>340268440
I'm not sure on the specifics, try accessing it again and see if you can. If you can't then you need those. and set up homebrew again
>>
>>340268618
Well apparently Tubhax doesn't work and I can't play Ironfall with updating it. I'll try to change my DNS back, but I doubt it'll work.
>>
>>340268143
How delusional do you have to be to think that your not stealing an entire game because of some changed lines of dialogue and covered up titties? It's still fucking piracy

>I'm playing something different from what they're selling.
In what scenario? They are still selling the unaltered version of Fates, but you'd rather pirate it than get a japanese 3ds with the japanese game. If you're using the english translation patch it's even moreso.
>>
File: IMG_20160607_022247.jpg (2 MB, 3520x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160607_022247.jpg
2 MB, 3520x3120
>>340268492
I wasn't always a pirate. But seeing what they do now, I'd say it's the morally right thing to do.

Hell, I even regret buying these because of how they've gone down to censoring and chopping down games because they feel like it.
>>
Meh, I like buying games I enjoy. Piracy is not for me, sorry.
>>
>>340268492
>goverment fuck up their citizen by censoring stuff and gimping the nation

'why are they pirating?'

fuck you assliccker cunt, this is what happen when they have too much control on product and immune of any reprecussion
>>
>>340268820
Okay then hothead, would I get unchanged lines of dialogue and uncovered up titties with english translation by buying the game? No, so it's not piracy. You must be really fucking stupid to think otherwise.

>japanese 3ds with the japanese game
Yeah, I'm not about to spend 500$ on a single game. Not worth it
>>
>>340269097
You realize you're contradicting yourself? Your logic is saying that "it's not piracy because I'm not playing the unaltered version nintendo is selling" and then admitting you don't want to buy the unaltered version nintendo is selling.
>>
I'm in agreement.
A bad localization/translation isn't an excuse for piracy, but censorship and content-cutting is.
>>
>>340269097
To be fair, every english translation changes lines. And Nintendo's censorship problem tends to be with Wii U games.

And it is piracy. Fair enough if you didn't want to support them, but you're just being delusional.
>>
>>340269183
I said it's not piracy because the version of the game I'm playing cannot be had by paying for it. If I could get it by paying for it, then I would, but as it stands, I'm playing something that which is not being sold by them
>>
File: fuckingdone.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
fuckingdone.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>340269412
Are you okay?
>>
>>340269290
But what if I'm playing Bravely Second in english but the sidequests ending depended on your decisions instead of always being the good end? That version of the game is currently not being sold, so it wouldn't be piracy at all.

Same thing with FE fates in english but I wanted to change underwear for the bathhouse but that version isn't being sold. Even then it's not piracy
>>
>>340268794
Tubehax and ironhax don't work anymore, try another entrypoint
>>
>>340267804
I've yet resorted to pirating but if I wanna play FF:Fates how it was intended to be then I will. I'll be buying kirby planet robobot and mhx but any censored crap will not receive a single penny.

Especially criminal girls 2. Fuck censorship.
>>
>>340269721
MHX will not have any bleeding or killed Kelbis in the west, while the eastern version will. Get that on your downloaded list
>>
I'm pirating video games because I can.
>>
I just feel apathetic and stop caring, they don't give me what i want from decent localizations i completely turn off from them and play other games.
>>
>>340269721
I think I'll just buy my games. I only wanted to play SMT 1 on a SNES emulator anyway.
>>
>>340269721
You do realize the money you will spend on Kirby Planet Robobot will be used to pay for more censorship right? Even if that isn't censored (yet), you paying nintendo any money will cause more censorship
>>
>>340267804
pirating nintendo games is completely justified
>>
pirates drink rum, sail and cause real issues for people, like killing them.

you should call it something else.
>>
I saw this excuse in a 3ds thread earlier. Why do you fags have to ruin everything?
>>
Guys we really should start a petition to stop fucked up butchered localisation NOA did or we resort to piracy 100%, we have rights as a player !

except for Zero Time Dilemma, thats the last 3ds title that i will originally buy and maybe corpse party
>>
>>340267964
i'm not buying smt because of what they did to FE
>>
>>340269940
It's not about where the money is going but why I'm refusing to buy one game and buying another. Honestly I've seen the text dialogue changes in FF:F compared to an actual translation and it boggles me how nintendo thought it okay to do this.

I'll be buying kirby and mhx. Even without blood mhx is fine. Nothing story wise changed just an aesthetic.
>>
>>340269808
My friends are getting it so blood is not a big issue. I just want to play with my pals
>>
>>340270259
Then teach you friends how to hack their 3DS too, then you all can play it together even sooner since the JP version has region free english patched .cia
>>
>>340270356
One of my friends is poorfag and wouldn't be able to afford a new one if it bricked. I'd rather not have them risk it.
>>
File: kamina punches.gif (865 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
kamina punches.gif
865 KB, 400x300
>>340270125
>getting ZTD for 3DS
>>
>>340270445
Unless he's legit retarded and can't read and follow simple instructions. His 3DS will be absolutely fine
>>
File: 1461838941144.gif (655 KB, 700x625) Image search: [Google]
1461838941144.gif
655 KB, 700x625
>>340270139
>caring about story
>in MonHun
Forget about piracy, don't even play the game you fucking pleb
>>
On the 3DS it has gotten so easy that i can have an application that downloads all games directly from the servers for free with just a tap.
I can play games from any region on top of that.
The probability of me ever getting persecuted for it is minimal to none.
What benefits do i get from buying 3DS games at point?
>>
>>340270139
But the main attraction of monster HUNTER is being a hunter and killing things. Why would you be okay with no blood when you're out to kill things?
>>
>>340269097
>Yeah, I'm not about to spend 500$ on a single game. Not worth it

Whether it's 1 dollar or 1 million is irrelevant, it's piracy retard. Here is your (You).
>>
>>340270954
But it's not though, the version of the game I'm playing isn't for sale
>>
>>340270139
>Even without blood mhx is fine
Where is the evidence.
>>
>>340271196
Ask the anon not me I didn't say it.
>>
>>340271042
(You) mean the Japanese version thats patched over, making it 99% the same as the original Japanese release but with English text and is at its core a Japanese copy of a Japanese region game?
>>
>>340270659
>>340270714
Which is why buying mhx is no issue there's no story to worry about instead I go out with my HBG or GS and fuck shit up.

Blood or no blood it's the hunt that's the thrill other anon. Superman jumping away from an enraged tigrex and living to tell the tale
>>
>>340271374
But, but it also runs on my american 3DS, so that's different, and I guess the Japanese version of the game doesn't have english text, so that's a deal breaker too
>>
>>340271042
You do realize that it is for sale, right? What do you think you're patching to play it in the first place? Do you think it's just some sort of magical version of the game? No, it's the Japanese version patched with English text that requires you to own the Japanese version to even run it. Pirating it is pirating the Japanese version.
>>
>>340271475
Great, you could get that feeling RIGHT NOW, if you and you friends hack your 3DSes and play together. What are you waiting for anon?
>>
>>340267804
It's still piracy, just pirate your games and stop fucking worrying what other people think.

Currently playing

>Fates undubbed with expanded marriage patch
>Rune factory 4 undub
>Etrian Odyssey Untold(I actually bought this though since I like EO)
>>
>>340271585
No it doesn't, I'm using a region free version, a version which is not being sold, even in Japan.
>>
>>340271601
The American release
>>
>>340267906
Because it gets autist like you riled up instead of not caring.
>>
File: LN32byR.png (214 KB, 292x487) Image search: [Google]
LN32byR.png
214 KB, 292x487
WE'VE GOT TROUBLE.
>>
>>340271601
Are you a DEA agent? It's like you're trying to sell me drugs
>>
>>340271623
But it's not though. It's not the same game as the
ones being sold
>>
>>340271674
Why though? Why not just play it with your pals now?
>>
>>340267964
>supporting games that are infested with dlc

No. Maybe DQ but not the rest.
>>
>>340271731
> download a game that costs money for free
> trying to argue it's not piracy.

Look anon I get why you'd want to pirate. I want to as well. But don't be a splurge and argue that it isn't.
>>
>>340271658
No, you are using a Japanese version of the game with the ROMFS patched to allow you to play it in English. Whether or not it's region free is irrelevant, you can literally run a LayeredFS patch on top of the original Japanese game and get the exact same result you're getting right now since that's what the original option is to do it anyway. The method you get your "region free" copy means nothing, you can buy the Japanese version, stick a couple files on your 3DS since it's very clearly hacked, and you'll get the same exact result.
>>
>>340271731
'Piracy' is the means of which you obtained it. You pirated the game, you committed piracy.

Yo ho Yo ho, enjoy your game and stop trying to do mental backflips about it.
>>
>>340271817
But the game I downloaded didn't cost money though. And stop messing around anon, you know what I'm doing ain't piracy
>>
>>340271623
Do the EO games have undubs? I need to get back into that.
>>
>>340271819
But the region free part is important, it allows me to play it on my american 3DS. And what you're saying is
>They basically changed it but it's still the same
Which sounds retarded, because something changed is something different. And you say it means nothing, but it does mean something, it means it's different from what is being sold, so therefore, it's NOT piracy
>>
>>340272000
They do, check the usual sources.
>>
>>340270521
>buying a Vita for only 2 games
>caring about resolution when you spend 90% of the game reading text
>not being able to avoid a bug that only happens sometimes when you save in a small part of the game
>>
>>340271892
But I didn't "pirate" though, I downloaded it. There was no sailing going on in this process, no sirree
>>
>>340272098
How did I know you'd equate it with old timey literal open sea piracy?
>>
>>340272152
Because "piracy" as an action means that. Piracy as a noun and as an action mean different things. The means I got it with is by downloading it, not "piracy"
>>
File: 1412885806927.jpg (41 KB, 326x343) Image search: [Google]
1412885806927.jpg
41 KB, 326x343
>>
>>340272039
>But the region free part is important, it allows me to play it on my american 3DS
Which can be done through Luma, the patch on the game itself is irrelevant since it doesn't work on an unhacked 3DS. You can't install or run the game on a non-hacked system unless it's Japanese, and with a hacked system it doesn't need to be region free anyway since the CFW overwrite that so in the end you're left with a Japanese version that's running a translation patch which replaces files in realtime. Without these files on your card it would be the Japanese version that you can buy. They just combined this into a convenient package.

Nice bait though, got me going.
>>
>>340272039
>I obtained a clearly illegal full copy of something I didn't pay for
>it's not piracy because the company didn't want me to have it
Wut?

Just give up, anon. I think piracy's awesome, because I am pro-digital freedom. You are simply taking advantage of the sort of freedom only possible through piracy
>>
>>340267804
i just started persona q and i'm actuallyb having fun, unlike the othe r 20 games that i downloaded

remember when the 3ds had better games than current gen consoles did
>>
>>340267964
Onlydumb fucks will support the censored english version when it comes here, so fuck off!
>>
>i traded my 3ds library at gamestop during double trade-in value weekend and spent it all on magic boosters
>i now have a 450$ collection of magic cards AND i got all my games back thanks to homebrew

pirate master race
>>
File: e8a.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
e8a.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
Piracy is wrong, but I don't really care.

Game Devs like Ubisoft or Nintendo do bad things on a daily basis, those things will never be punished. I don't really see why they're so deserving of money when ubisoft literally sells lies every e3.
>>
>>340272991
But this IS NOT piracy
>>
This is the most boring shitposting
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.