[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ay lmao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
Anyone else interested in the upcoming rx 480?
It seems like a very good value, but it will probably run like shit just because AMD.
>>
>>340266673
Im up for it, Ashes devs said NVIDIA cards arent good with asynchronous compute (which is the main reason dx12 is good) and is a exclusive AMD Feature. I will probably buy RX 480 or a 490/490x since I will have the money ready by late summer or christmas
>>
File: Sm.jpg (80 KB, 621x419) Image search: [Google]
Sm.jpg
80 KB, 621x419
>>340266673
Gotta buy another cpu first then maybe one day
>>
>>340266673
>good value
>runs like shit

Does not compute.
>>
>>340266673
>but it will probably run like shit just because AMD.

If you can put aside your nvidya fanboyism and bullshit memes, then you'll easily find that AMD cards these days are actually really good. Often times way less broken drivers than nvidia.
>>
>>340266904
Id never heard of that "ashes of singularity" game or whatever its called until AMD trollied it out as it seems to be about the only game their cards do well in.
Does anyone play it or is it just for AMD to use to attempt to compete?
>>
>>340267173
First dx12 title if I'm not mistaken. Played it, it's a pretty good strategy game with terrifying ai. Made by the guys that made sins of a solar empire, and plays pretty similarly.
>>
>>340267018
No fanboyism, if I was fanboyish why would I be considering the card?
AMD does have a bad name for high tempretatures and lacking efficiency.
I hope they nail this card tho.
>>
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/

>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

IT'S OVER, AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 1109x659) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 1109x659
>>340268316
Tbh I didn't get to any conclusions, idgaf about amd's internal situation if the card is gonna be at least 75% of what the 1070 offers
>>
>>340266673
It should give you the best perf per $
but you cant stream games to your phone all that well with it, as amd didnt bother to add a hardware encoder.
>>
>>340266904

This. The 480 is good for budgetfags but the real battle is the 490 vs the 1070
>>
>>340271026
If AMD is not lying about how good the 480 is then the 490 will beat the crap out of the 1070
>>
>>340267716
Nvidia has that crown back now, just look at the 1080 and it's hilarious heat output and subsequent throttling
>>
>>340267716
Jesus Christ this bs about overheating amd cards is getting to me. I still have a 7850 overclocked and it runs at 40-50 degrees Celsius in summer.
inb4 uropoor
I live in Africa
>>
>>340268316
>we didn't get invited so we'll just spread FUD
lmao
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.