[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: Algus.jpg (509 KB, 817x1600) Image search: [Google]
Algus.jpg
509 KB, 817x1600
Was he right?
>>
>>340266164
He was a conceited moron.
>>
>>340266164
No, and he was by far the worst character in the game.
>>
>>340266164

Nope, just a bitch who died like a bitch.
>>
>>340266164
He was right, but in the wrong way.
>>
He was basically that game's version of Joffrey. He was made to be disliked.
>>
>>340266164
>MUH 1/4TH NOBLE BLOOD
>FUCKING NON NOBLES REEEEEE
No he was a retard
>>
>>340268954
What's a joffrey?
>>
>>340266164
I like how he told his sob story about his grandfather and made you sympathise with him
the game wanted you to think he was going to become an ally and friend, but then dorter, theieves' fort and his betrayal happened
not to mention
>retarded AI and useless while he's with you
>auto potion knight with crossbow against you

probably the most hated character in the game, and he only appears in chapter 1
>>
How's War of the Lions?
>>
>>340266164
No he left
>>
>>340269492
Lots of slowdown on PSP, and they exaggerated the dialogue with some redundant, flowery Tolkien esque language. It gets grating after a while on both fronts. Stick with the original.
>>
>>340269492
One of those games where it's much more playable if you pirated it then if you tried to play it via UMD.

They decided to make the retranslated script all flowery and it's annoying as shit.
>>
>>340269492
get the psx version and go to ffhacktics to find some sweet patches for the game (no random battles and soldier office hack)
>>
>>340269492

Emulate the iOS version. None of the shitty slowdown, proper aspect ratio, while keeping the much, much better PSP translation
>>
no, he was right, the army ended up killing Teta

then somehow Delita got super plot strength and started wrecking shit
>>
File: 007.jpg (55 KB, 474x460) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
55 KB, 474x460
>>340269719
>>340269745
>>340269773
>>340270002
Thanks, you guys are awesome!
>>
>>340269719
>>340269745

"Hey guys, I'm definitely a hardcore gamer, as I prefer a terrible localization over one that has some words me feel stupid and make my autism emotions flair up."
>>
>>340266164
Bigger problem is that nobody in universe has a nose.
>>
>>340270002
>PSP translation
>better
>>
>>340266164
No, he managed to be the most wrong. He was even more wrong than the "let's summon the devil" guys.
>>
Well, seeing as peasant mcfuckface proceeded to ruin everything for everyone, yeah he kind of was
>>
File: image055.png (179 KB, 449x422) Image search: [Google]
image055.png
179 KB, 449x422
>>340270223
>>
>>340270354
l i t t l e m o n e y
>>
>>340269719
>>340269745

>People actually like the original script

It was full of awkward dialog, weird syntax, and flat out grammar mistakes. I thought the new one was tons, tons better

>PS1: OK, all we have to do is kill these kids! Then, we can escape! Don't you worry! We'll kill every one of you!
>PSP: Cut through these ones and we're good as fled! We'll make quick work of them! And don't be leaving no squealers behind, neither!

>PS1: I'd rather die here than get taken prisoner!! Besides, if we get caught here, we'll be executed! Fighting is the only way out!
>PSP: If I'm to die, I'd sooner do so swinging a sword than swinging from the gallows! I'll not be led away in chains!

In response to Agrias saying that there's no need to kill the attacking party, but simply to rout them:

>PS1: That's impossible!
>PSP: I find dead men rout more easily.

I don't know, didn't seem that flowery to me, and the dialog feels a lot more natural without the weird grammar and stuff. A lot of the new lines have more impact

There are a few lines that are questionable though

>PS1: Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.
>PSP: 'Tis your birth and faith that wrong you, not I.

The original is snappy and quick. Biting. The new line doesn't roll off the tongue as well, but I like the new one too
>>
>>340270628
It comes down to people actually being too fucking dumb to read something and understand the intention of the character.

Or people being contrarian for the sake of sounding informed.
>>
>>340270628
the original has grammar issues that should've been fixed, yes
but the new fakespearean GoT b8 doesn't have one tenth of the original's power imo
>>
>>340270904
You could've just said "I'm a underage retard".
>>
>>340271087
you could've just said "waaah stop making me mad"
>>
>>340270628
>PS1

Thank you, all this "PSX" talk was setting me off
>>
>>340270904

>Original's power

>PS1: Heh! Commoners are all alike. You'll never be nobles! Delita, You don't belong here! Understand, rascal!?
>PSP: Hmph. It's as I've always said: Common blood, common man. You'll never be more than you were born, Delita! You don't belong in our world. You ought be licking our boots with the rest of you ilk!

The new line makes Argath sound like much more of a dick, which I love. I'd say it has a lot more power
>>
>>340270592
JESUS CHRIST SPOILER THAT SHIT
>>
Animals have no god!!
>>
>>340271160
So you admit to being a little faggot that has the brain capacity to only read Hatchet and Harry Potter?

Preferring a terrible localization has to be backed up accordingly. You can't be a 13 year old contrarian and not come off as a faggot.
>>
>>340271163
Some of the translations are unnecessarily verbose for the sake of it though. It's like they took every chance to expand dialogue with useless words/information.
>>
File: hideo_kojima_laughing.png (61 KB, 141x188) Image search: [Google]
hideo_kojima_laughing.png
61 KB, 141x188
>>340271519
Gotta hit that word count, yo
>>
>>340271519
I have to agree, although I did play the PS1 version first
It goes beyond 'dialogue of the perceived era' and into the territory of a Shakespearean play
Which is fine if that was the original intent, but I'm not sure it was
>>
>>340271482
calm down there, mr. supreme gentleman
I know you're excited because you recently turned 18, but you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>340271482
Trying a little too hard
>>
File: takeyourtime.gif (30 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
takeyourtime.gif
30 KB, 100x100
>>340266164
Here is the non troll answer.

Algus was "right". There's a reason thats in quotes. Algus properly read what the older Beoulves were about and had a real grasp on the stark repill reality of the war.

He was right about everything that had to do with royalty and politics, he was even right about that long after his death. The church hiding things, Orlan being burned at stake, no one learning anything from the war. Nothing in FFT changed cause of Ramza, kings were still kings and the meager still starved. Algus lived in "that" reality.

By playing Ramza you learn there's much more to the reality than humans alone, and a grander scheme for the war. Algus was "right" but he made huge mis-steps, he aligned himself with people he should not have betrayed even to stay true to what he saw as "the brutal truth". Because he did that, and because he was ruthless enough to step on both his friends dicks and follow the order to shoot Tietra, he doomed himself. He was too aggresive in his "correct" belief, he never learned subtlety, even in death (or undeath if you played Lion War).
>>
>>340266164
fuck that bastard
>>
How flowery it was in JP?
>>
>>340271810
>>340271860

Two fags in a pod, still adhering to contrarian ways and contrarian lifestyles.
>>
>>340272232
it wasn't
>>
>>340272154
Found the peasant.
>>
So I told him to draw his sword and he actually did it, the absolute madman!
>>
>>340272998
Let's see if your inbred blueblood makes you immune to bullets.
>>
>>340270223
I like how you somehow got the idea that I said I liked the translation of the original. I just said the PSP version was flowery and got irritating. The PS1 version was full of grammar errors, engrishy in spots, and just plain didn't make sense when it came to certain parts of the tutorial.

Both of them have problems, and both of them are irritating to different degrees.
>>
someone actually did their own translation of the japanese script 9 years ago, for those who might be interested

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/faqs/48627
>>
Tactics and WotL differences

>psx has engrish and l i t t l e m o n e y
>psp has ye olde english

>ramza and some unique party members have higher stats in the US psx version
>stats are back to the original Jap in the psp version

>some unique enemy stats are lower in the US psx version
>stats are also back to normal in the psp
>with an exception to the wiegraf battle which the US psp version made even easier

>some JP costs are lower in US psx version (the quick spell costs 800 JP)
>JP costs are back to the Jap version (quick costs 900)

>jobs are easier to unlock in the US version
>job requirements are back to the Jap version

>new quests, jobs, equipment, scenes, battles and party characters in the psp version

>psx cutscenes are like the cgi in FFVII and FFVIII and no voicework
>psp cutscenes are cel shaded animations
>US psp version also added voice work

>psp version has a larger roster limit, meaning it's large enough to exactly fit everyone recruitable character you encounter in the game and you don't have to kick out your generics and boco

>some magic in the US psx version cast faster
>cast times are back to the Jap version in the psp

>you can get cloud earlier in the psp version

>the only version where you can steal genji equipment from elmdore is in the US psx version

>rafa and malak's unique skill can blast 1 to 6 times in the psx version
>the skill can blast 1 to 10 times in the psp version and has more chances of hitting the center tile

>sometimes characters in the psx version say something when they cast a spell
>characters don't say anything when casting a spell in the US psp version

>some glitches removed in the psp version

>psp version slows down especially during summon magic. (may or may not be fixed in the mobile versions)

>psx uses gregorian calendar
>psp uses zodiac calendar

>mobile versions don't have multiplayer and all the exclusive multiplayer items can be bought from poachers dens after you finished the game
>>
>>340274167
>sometimes characters in the psx version say something when they cast a spell

I missed that flavor text.
>>
playing it on android right now
it doesn't have slowdowns anymore
>>
>>340272115
>undeath
>never got that far in lion war

holy shit you get to fight him as a zombie/ghost?
>>
>>340275383
he's one of the soldiers that got rezzed by a lucavi to slow you down
>>
>>340272115
Best.
Post.
You are doing gods work, anon.
>>
>>340272232
It was normal JP. Example:

War of the Lions:
Argath: You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've
been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in
whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the
world drenched in common blood!
Milleuda: By whose decree!? Who decides such foul and absurd things?
Argath: 'Tis heaven's will!
Milleuda: Heaven's will? You would pin your bigotry on the gods? No god would
fain forgive such sin, much less embrace it! All men are equal in the eyes of
the gods!
Argath: Men, yes. But the gods have no eyes for chattel.
Milleuda: You speak of devils, not gods!
Delita: Ramza, is this woman truly our enemy?

PS1:
Algus: Human? Hmph, ridiculous! From the minute you were born
you had to obey us! From the second you were born you were our
animals!!
Miluda: Says who!? That's nonsense! Who decided all this?!
Algus: It's the Will of Heaven!
Miluda: Heaven? God would never say such things! In his eyes,
all are equal! He'd never let this happen! Never!
Algus: Animals have no God!!
Miluda: !!!!
Delita: Ramza, Is she really our enemy....?

アルガス
「同じ人間だと? フン、汚らわしいッ!
「生まれた瞬間からおまえたちはオレたち貴族に尽くさねばならない!
「生まれた瞬間からおまえたちはオレたち貴族の家畜なんだッ!!

ミルウーダ
「誰が決めたッ!? そんな理不尽なこと、誰が決めたッ!

アルガス
「それは天の意志だ!

ミルウーダ
「天の意志? 神がそのようなことを宣うものか!
「神の前では何人たりとも平等のはず! 神はそのようなことをお許しにはならない! なるはずがないッ!

アルガス
「家畜に神はいないッ!!

ミルウーダ
「!!!!

ディリータ
「ラムザ、 彼女は本当に僕らの敵なのか…?
>>
>>340279392
animals have no god was such a damn good line. Fuck me someone needs to do a fan translation of the series and just rewrite the text in a way it can have the best quotes from both versions.
>>
File: geo.jpg (535 KB, 750x981) Image search: [Google]
geo.jpg
535 KB, 750x981
>play FFT as a kid
>mostly all male team

>play FFT a decade later
>Agrias and fem generics only
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.