[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nosgoth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: nosgoth.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
nosgoth.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1200
So apparently nosgoth is dead they pulled the servers. Kinda pissed because i actually dropped $10 into what ended up being a poorly managed and slowly updated game, atleast i got $10 of entertainment but i wont be doing business with these fuckers again.

Nosgoth went quietly into the night with a whimper. RIP dead game.
>>
oh ya they told everyone who put any money into the game before march 1st 2016 to go fuck themselves.

Do you guys think evolve will suffer the same fate one day or are devs like turtle rock just a step up from companies like square enix.
>>
the plot thickens the fuckers who made rocket league are the devs. i wonder why they chose to focus on their own project and choke this one out.

Shame on you psyonix
>>
who gives a fuck

It was a shit game forced into a setting that didn't suit it
>>
>>340265120
Most likely, but at least evolve has some kind of offline component doesn't it? In any case I will never spend a dime on a game with no dedicated server support.
>>
>>340265508

That they cared so little for this project that it took them 2 weeks after announcing they were shutting everything down to just bust the game open and allow everything to even be played.
>>
>>340265508

Its interesting to see how a video game fails as well, nosgoth didn't have bad gameplay (it was fast and fluid like tribes) it had poor support. after 1-2 patches the game became unplayable with 15 minute que times in which you had a 30% chance of dcing unable to rejoin.

remember this game got Shilled out across twitch and was aiming to be an esport (like overwatch).

Is it ethical for them to pull this shit on consumers? Should consumers just boycott this sort of product? Whos fault is it really for the games failure, they still were able to pump out content even while their game was falling apart to try and rake in the f2p sales.
>>
>>340265438
Why is it the devs fault?
>>
File: Legacy-of-Kain.jpg (269 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Legacy-of-Kain.jpg
269 KB, 1600x1200
>>340265949

its obvious they chose to focus on rocket league an in-house project that generated them more income most likely then nosgoth which was produced by square enix. Reminds me of another company i heard about once that made borderlands.
>>
>>340265949
because they made the game and the game was an unbalanced clusterfuck that wasn't fun to play??? hello?
>>
>>340266153

the game had an extremely high skill ceiling.

Rocket league
Initial release date: July 7, 2015

looks like Psyonix hustled square enix imo.
>>
>>340266095
That doesn't mean they weren't under contract to finish Nosgoth by May which is when it would have launched. Square Enix just decided to cancel the project. Probably not a bad decision considering it already had a small playerbase and the release of Overwatch probably didn't help either.

>>340266153
Didn't Nosgoth get praise for fun gameplay though?
>>
They made the game with funding from Square-Enix, they only worked on it as they were paid. It was 100% Square-Enix's decision to shut down the game, as they were paying for all of it.
>>
>>340266597

Am i the only person who sees so many similarities to what happened with Sega and Gearbox Software?

>jap producer- western dev
>jap producer gets fucked
>western dev launchs a highly polished game.

really makes you think huh.
>>
>>340266095
>if someone pays you money to make a game you have to pay more atention to it than the money paid is worth.
>>
>>340266883
From what I've heard there have been no reports that the game was incomplete in any way. Servers being shut down is the publishers decision. You are constantly making a false equivalency.
>>
>>340268048

so who supports the game after launch then? because thats what killed this game, every patch broke the game and drove the player base away until it became such a disgrace they removed it from the steam store.

either enix told psyonix to fuck themselves and canned the whole thing or psyonix are very short sited to not leave atleast 1 shit server running indefintely and just keeping their god damn mouth shut like what happened to tribes 2.
>>
>>340266883
sega did the same thing with spiral knights, and the lead guy and the artist fucked off and sold 200k units of their early access slime game
>>
>>340266256
>the game had an extremely high skill ceiling.
My fucking sides are in orbit
>>
>>340268216
Ross actually caught some gameplay on a dead server so what you're saying is a problem isn't really. The game was playable it just didn't have many people coming to it anymore. Oh wow an update got fucked oh no, that totally never ever happens at all even with AAA devs with lots of experience. Yeah totally even crusader kings 2 with paradox behind them totally didn't end up breaking their game when horse lords came out yeah no. This still isn't fucking gearbox and the alien game all over again. The product was delivered, interest died because this is for a dying series, and so they shut it down because they don't allow private servers. That's the only problem with this, and I'm sure the factor of it being company only servers totally wasn't also a decision made by square Enix given they'd have to pay to keep them alive.
>>
The dead island f2p game got killed off too
>>
>>340268385

>flying around grazing walls to fly faster diving and swooping up to almost 2x speed.
>having to land blind leaps from across the map and combo off 3-4 skills through 3+ players.
>needing almost a 100% accuracy and varied team (atleast when i played) for the humans to win.
>at low-medium skill levels vampires dominated.
>at very high skill levels humans dominated.

it wasn't a boring or slow game thats for sure.
>>
>>340268608

Interesting i wonder how long the average f2p games life line is.
>>
>>340264597

good

it was a disgrace to the LoK franchise even more than dead sun

let square learn what happens when you kill 3 years of passion and love
>>
ah the sun is just rising now...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.