[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games which were simply too good for critics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: dog days.jpg (63 KB, 640x745) Image search: [Google]
dog days.jpg
63 KB, 640x745
ITT: Games which were simply too good for critics
>>
>>340258819
Agreed. It and the first K&L game are two of my favorites of all time. The helicopter part near the end of 2 is pure fucking kino.
>>
Didn't someone get fired because he didn't take EAs bribes ?

Gamespot I believe.
>>
File: Lost-Planet-2-PC.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Planet-2-PC.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1200
i fucking love that game. always liked that both Kane and Lynch are fucking bottom-of-the-barrel scum, like two complete fucking pieces of shit really, but you root for them the whole game because they're so damned well written.

anyway, this is my contribution to the thread.
>>
>>340259201

Jeff Gerstmann, who went on to create Giant Bomb
>>
>>340258819
>my game crashed when they got on a plane
>it made ending even better
>>
>>340258819
Too bad the actual gunplay sucked. The hit reaction and enemy AI was too terrible to ignore.

I dug the grimy, frenzied vibe they were going for. That torture was genuinely disturbing.
>>
The cam knocks me sick.
>>
>>340259632
Turn it off than.
>>
>>340259339
such garbage
nothing works
>>
File: kane.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kane.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
my video game heroes didn't choose to be bald
>>
>>340259632
Pussy.
>>
>>340258819
Nah, mate. It sucked. Enemies shooting through your cover to kill you was lame.
>>
File: 1454207776355.jpg (36 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1454207776355.jpg
36 KB, 592x592
>>340258819
The game had some retarded pacing
>We pissed off a very powerful man
>Powerful man is able to list us as fucking terrorists and put a APB on us
>We get captured by powerful man by the FUCKING MILITARY
>Commandeer a helicopter and raze a fucking tower ultimately meeting powerful man and killing him
>We're somehow able to escape authorities even though we're literally terrorists now and manage to steal a jet plane to AFRICAAAA
The game had a grimy, rundown aesthetic that made no sense in the context of the story and the events you're seeing
>>
>>340260126
I liked that, cover shouldn't be tantamount to invincibility
>>
>>340260010
i'm genuinely confused by what you mean here.
like the game is broken, or the PC version, or what? i know that the PC version had--and still has--GFWL. that's the only reason i don't own it.
>>
>>340260187
White might. Chinks ain't shit.
>>
Fucking love it
The voice acting is fucking amazing
>>
I remember bursting out of laughter to the game's ending
>>
>>340260187
>We get captured by powerful man by the FUCKING MILITARY
That's the point, they are supposed to show how corrupt the guvment is.

And besides, the military is the party's military not the country's
>>
>>340259339
>True lost planet 3 never ever

You will never surf lava waves with vagabundos while the military resistance rides vs suits on asteroids or destroy space wesker.
>>
>>340258819
It was sub par at best.
>>
>>340260303
>YOU SHOULD.. HAVE LET.. ME TALK TO THEM!
>>
>>340260348
Bahahaha yeah
i just laugh at random stuff too
>>
>>340260439
Ex troopers exists.

Not enough VS levels though...
>>
>>340258819
These games are pretty polarizing from what I've seen. A lot of people like them and a lot of people hate them. Should I give it a shot guise? I'm willing to put up with shitty gameplay if it at least has a good story.
>>
>>340261482
for me
You should, it has a very good soundtrack, good stoy, cool characters and cool voice acting.
>>
>>340261482
If you fuss over something such as mercs topling a dictatorship, don't. Other wise the voice acting, how the characters are written and story are like kino for both game. With dog days was longer
>>
>>340264085
Havana jungle and the hacienda was my favourite part.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.