[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How shitty do you think its going to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 16
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg
392 KB, 600x960
How shitty do you think its going to be?
>>
already watched it from third world country. it's not that bad
>>
>>340257489
I was actually excited for this a bit. Shows me not to be optimistic about shit. Even if it was just review scores and screenshots.
>>
>>340257489
>going to be?

In what thirld world shithole do you live that you havent seen it already?
Ive seen it a week ago.
Its a terrible film but enjoyable if you like warcraft
>>
Unwatchable and full of memes
>>
>>340257489
already saw it. It's about 7/10, you can see too much there is cut content
>>
>>340257610
>>340257934
FUCKING SHILLS ON MY /v/ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Should have been about Arthas
>>
Why does everyone suck Duncan Jones cock?
Moon was shit and Source Code was average.
>>
>>340258256

Because David Bowie's son. People project the talent of famous people on their children when it simply doesn't work that way, just look at Client Eastwood's son.
>>
>>340257489
one of the worst movies i have ever seen. cg ranged from pretty good to absolutely horrible. what the movie did pretty good though was they used places from the game in it which were easily recognizeable.
>>
China is going to guarantee this movie becomes a franchise.
>>
>>340257489
Gul'dan did nothing wrong and was the best part of the movie
>>
>>340258702
horrible dialogs
horrible acting (garona and the king especially)
horrible cgi (except the orcs, eye effects on elfs and archmages get a special mention)
horrible fights
no sense of exitement and real danger
story makes no sense if you arent a warcraft fan
everything was small (e.g. the kingsarmy departs stormwind with 6 soldiers)
>>
About as shitty as everything Blizzard released after Brood War
>>
>>340259224

I can't imagine hardcore warcraft fans would like the story anyway, since it reshapes the first war into orcs dindu nuffin and simplifies the fuck out of the corruption aspect (no demons, orcs just "discover fel" and medivah is bad because he's "also using it").

I can understand trying to avoid the completely convoluted backstory to medivah's possession but cutting out Mannoroth really hurt them.
>>
>>340257489
6/10
>>
>>340259585
I'm not that hardcore of a fan but I didn't understand the story much anyway

in Warcraft I it was just 'destroy the enemy base' so there was no real story
>>
>>340259585
Supposedly 40 minutes got cut, so there might be more technical stuff that'll make it into the director's cut.
>>
>>340259585
>no demons
So no mention of the Legion at all?
>>
Why were the humans so unbelievably cucked?
>>
>>340259748
In the game or in the movie?
>>
>>340257489
Anyone got that pic of the writer/director explaining why there are asian/black/multicultural elves?
>>
It's a good fan service
>>
>>340259585
Hardcore fans don't watch that movie. They read books. This movie is for the WoW casual crowd that don't even know who Arthas was.
>>
>>340259585
>it reshapes the first war into orcs dindu nuffin
have you even seen the fucking movie
most orcs are unapologetic about war solving litterally everything, even Durotan
>>
>>340259686
Warcraft lore shaped over time, eventually the first game was retconned from generic humans vs demonic orcs from an evil red planet to being a convoluted story about an edgy space giants army of magic-mutants trying to take over a world using rowdy savages as a proxy.
>>
File: Hellscream!.jpg (1 MB, 1181x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hellscream!.jpg
1 MB, 1181x1200
>>340257489

I've seen it, a solid 4/10.

The CGI is fucking great and even tough they retconned literately fucking everything wherever the Orcs are on screen the movie gets pretty good, but the humans are all super shit, bad actors that always look green screened.

Would not recommend, and if you know anything about the lore I would recommend it even less.
>>
>>340260046

Hardcore fans hate the books and hate themselves, of course they'll see the movie don't be retarded.
>>
I've played wow 6 years, played all warcraft rts in their prime. And let me tell you i definitely did not love the movie.

The reports are correct, Guldan and the orcs overall is the good bit as the vfx are very well done, but the alliance actors are bad, the editing is clumsy, and the storytelling flow is weird to say the least.

This movie doesn't even spend a single minute trying to present and explain draenor, azeroth, the kingdoms or the clans. Not a minute. They don't even explain what the guardian is besides this cheesy line: 'I am the Guardian, I will protect Azeroth". The movie doesn't explain Medivh's corruption.

Dominic Cooper was incredibly bad, he had nothing kingly about him and delivered 90% of his cheesy lines like a soulless robot. Patton was apparently competing with him as to decide who was the most terrible actor. Foster was very hit or miss. Khadgar and Lothar were the only 2 characters somewhat well adapted/acted on the alliance side.

The romance plot line between Lothar and Garona was utter shit, borderline cringe. The plotline about Lothar and his son was completely skippable, it did not matter in any meaningful way at all.

The cinematography was all over the place. You have great camera work and you have pissing poor camera work. You have amazingly well lit scenes and you have horribly lit scenes (act 3 karazhan stands out as incredibly bad).
The music was ok but very forgettable, too little from the games and only one theme truly stands out. Also I can't remember the last time I saw the title screen used twice in a movie. That felt so fucking weird and completely out of place.

This movie stinks of meddling from several parties. The universal execs, the blizzard execs, the legendary execs, and ofc Duncan Jones. I would be very curious to see a longer cut and get a better feel of what Jones's vision was. We've ended up with a flawed adaptation IMO.
>>
it's 17% on RT

i don't always go with critic rating but my friend saw it in a free screening and said the movie was not good at all. and the guy loves Warcraft lore and shit.

it's not a film for fans
and it's not a film for people who love watching movies.

it's just a dull lifeless movie.
>>
>>340259742

They don't even mention Dreanor, just "the Orc world".
Oh and apparently Stormwind formed the Alliance before the war for no reason, so I guess they forgot about Lorderon since they didn't mention that at all either.
>>
>>340260228
>The music was ok but very forgettable, too little from the games

Was there actual stuff from the games in the music though?
>>
>>340260228
>The romance plot line between Lothar and Garona
this was so very stupid
>>
>>340260228
>The plotline about Lothar and his son was completely skippable, it did not matter in any meaningful way at all
it kinda mattered because that's when Lothar started to doubt Medivh, but that's all
>>
>>340260365
I think, I don't play WoW, but a friend said the credits scene played the login screen music

that was it lel
>>
>>340260363
>Oh and apparently Stormwind formed the Alliance before the war for no reason
nah, the Alliance was created during the litterally last scene of the movie and Stormwind had already lost its armies and king by then
>>
ok I'm gonna have to be Frodo

why is Medivh still alive in Warcraft 3 if this happened
>>
>>340260475
Damn. They put the soundtrack up on Soundcloud a week or so ago, and I was really disappointed that I couldn't hear any music from the games in it. If it's just the credits though that explains it, cause the credits music isn't on the album.
>>
>>340260550
he was a ghost I think
>>
>>340260550

He's not, he's some sort of weird prophet entity or something, the concept is sort of forgotten and ignored by blizzard now and hasn't been mentioned in Warcraft sense.
>>
>yfw most russians loved the movie

They dont even care for Warcraft, they just loved Lothar and Orcs
>>
>>340260228
actually the movie is bad for Blizzard and Blizzard alone.

Blizzard had full creative right on everything in the movie.
reason why Sam Raimi left the project. because he wrote a script for 9 months and Blizzard just tossed it aside and told him that they were planning on making the script and stuff.

and mostly it was Metzen thinking he was a movie script writer.
one thing Metzen didn't realize that what translate on a video game well,doesn't translate on a 1 hour 40mins + min movie very well.

now you're left with a shitty tropefest,cliche fantasy movie.

with a shitty eye rolling Romantic sub plot. about a dull strong orc/human women.
>>
>>340260550
Because the movie is shit and retcon
>>
>>340260520
They mention "The Alliance" when they have their first meeting as if its and old thing that can be called on.

>>340260550
Because this is the worst representation of evens ever told.
Medivh wasn't "corrupted", he was possessed since birth by motherfucking Sargeras.
Once killed and resurrected by his mom he goes and tries to save the world he was unable to stop his body from destroying before.
>>
File: 1465116231946.jpg (93 KB, 313x382) Image search: [Google]
1465116231946.jpg
93 KB, 313x382
>>340259585
>hardcore warcraft fans

You mean hardcore warhammer fans that like carbon copies of warhammer lore copied with neolib "noble savage" infusions?

Because sadly, that is what Warcraft lore is.

What's even more interesting is that they managed to copy the SAME STORY onto their Starcraft template, which is stolen from Warhammer 40k.

>hurr we hate each other
>zergs, space elves, battleships blabla
>TIDINGS OF DOOM
>big evil race that threatens to kill everything hurr danger

I don't know how Blizz pulled it off, but the only "original" and genuine lore they created is Diablo, a.k.a. sword guy kills the devil in church basement.

The rest is ironically pirated.
>>
>>340260646
>hasn't been brought up since
Because all the time he showed up in wow don't count?
>>
>>340260646
Ghosts exist in WoW. It's not really a big deal.

I mean shit. Undead are a playable race.
>>
>I passed out and suddenly these Orcs came don't remember what I did lmao
Medivh confirmed for alcoholic? He passes out piss drunk in almost every scene.
>>
>>340260725
>shilling for Gay Workshit
>>
>>340260784

Ghost of Admiral Taylor, sniff, fights for you in the WoD
>>
>>340260716
>They mention "The Alliance" when they have their first meeting
I don't remember that. During the meeting with the representatives of the seven kingdoms they mention joint military and diplomatic stuff they did together once, but the very first time the Alliance is mentionned is during the ending
>>
>>340260725

Warhammer fantasy didn't have much of a lore background compared to what 40k is now.

That aside, I don't see how WoW lore matches Warhammer.

It's basically just good energy vs bad energy utilized by robots gone fleshy and savage tusk apes.
>>
>>340260725
>Blizzard wants to make a Warhammer game
>Aren't allowed the rights
>Say 'fuck it', and just change some things around
>Make a bigger franchise than Warhammer ever could be
>>
who here wants to see the Sam Raimi script for Warcraft?

can't be as bad as Metzen's
>>
>>340260729

You mean in Karazan chest event? That's not his ghost.
>>
>>340257489
/v/ should not make movies.
>>
>>340259742
They mentioned that Guldan met some demon. They just didn't show anything because it their first film and it's all about orcs and humans.
>>
drunk on POWAH
>>
>>340260725
>You mean hardcore warhammer fans
You mean hardcore tolkien fans
>>
so umm Duncan Jones said that the movie is supposed to be a 3 part series before they actually move onto "WoW" plot....

also Warcraft 3 movie is not LK.
>>
>>340260910
>Make a bigger franchise than Warhammer ever could be
what about the tabletop, maybe Games Workshop makes a ton out of those space marine figures
>>
File: artwork-lich-king03.jpg (895 KB, 918x1200) Image search: [Google]
artwork-lich-king03.jpg
895 KB, 918x1200
>>340261092

None of it makes any sense.

They retconned Ner'zhul out of the plot, how the fuck are they going to explain the Scourge?
>>
>>340261092
>inb4 Jennifer Lawrence plays Jaina
>>
>>340261137
excepted that warhammer battle is dead and discontinued
>>
>>340260982
correction*

Hacks should not make movies
that goes for Duncan and Metzen

leave it to the professionals.

100% sure if it was a Michael Bay Warcraft movie it would be the same critic rating but it would do better in the Box office.
>>
>>340261169

Warcraft 2?
>>
>>340261169
Ner'zhul was never important until Beyond the Dark Portal

Gul'dan learned warlock magic from the demons, not from Ner'zhul
>>
>>340261181

It is actually seeing more play than its replacement and the brand is actually hotter then even with several games with the brand.
If GW wasn't so characteristically incompetent they'd probably bring it back.
>>
>>340261186

>Duncan Jones
>hack

lol
>>
so are they gonna cast Triple H as Arthas
>>
Quick question.

Does Stormwind get destroyed?
>>
>>340261319

Arthas wont be in this trilogy even if the "trilogy" happens
>>
>>340261302
Games Workshop is stupid for finally releasing good Warhammer games after ditching it for Age of Sigmar
>>
>>340261306
Moon was great
Source Code was okay

maybe he should just direct small movies.
not big summer blockbusters.

also
he should had known the movie he was making was crap.
from reading the script you can tell this movie is terrible.

HACK
>>
>>340261409
It's gonna happen. China is rock hard for this film.
>>
>>340261328

no
>>
>>340261328

Nope, humans win.
>>
>>340261328
nope, but Llane is dead and Stormwind's army is in pieces
>>
It is shitty.
>>
>>340261470

In this case it's hard to tell if it's Duncan's fault or if Metzen and co shoved their cock into every facet.
>>
>>340260659
can you not
>>
>>340258658
Bowies son has already proved he can make great movies like Moon.
>>
>>340261569
There's also studio meddling. Nearly an hour of the movie got cut.
>>
Was there any pet battling?
>>
I saw it like a week ago, pretty solid 7.5/10 if you are a fan and know the lore. They only changed the fel magic thing and the inclusion of Durotan, who basically gets rekt in the movie and does nothing
>>
>>340259562
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking exactly this.
>>
>>340257489
It's rather good honestly, but could use more exposition.
>>
who was the baby orc? they were talking weirdly so I didn't catch the name

also, I've never heard of that half-orc half-human person until that movie.
>>
>>340261659

really?
>>
>>340261820
Yeah, there are interviews where he talks about it. 40 or so minutes was chopped off. It'll make it into a director's cut if the movie does well.
>>
>>340261789
Baby was Go'el/Thrall
>>
>>340261890
oh okay.
>>
>>340261649
>does one movie
>comes out great

>here do a 100+ mil blockbuster

Fantastic 4 all over again.

>Trank does Chronicle
>HERE !! do a 100mil film !!

also Blizzard had full creative control. so you can't really blame Duncan. but Duncan should had never signed on for this movie because of that. what's the fucking point of having a director?
one of the reason nobody wanted bored this ship when Raimi jumped out.
>>
>>340261789
Half-orc half-draenei
>>
If it didn't have Warcraft slapped on it, I think it would be received a lot harder.
>>
>>340261789
she's only there for a shitty Romance plot.
she supposed to be strong who needs no orc or man !!

even the SJW Journalist hate her.

they say she comes out forced and dull.
>>
>>340261470
Problem with Warcraft is that dunbcan didn't have the last word, it was Blizz.
>>
>>340261996
not anymore
>>
File: accept.jpg (20 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
accept.jpg
20 KB, 184x184
>>340260228
holy fuck it sounds so bad it's unreal. can blizzard NOT disappoint for the first time in years? fuck
>>
I work in a cinema, so luckily I've watched this for free and legally. It's an /ok/ film. Like, it really isn't anything special (is any videogame movie?) and it's had effort put in to it... it's just a forgettable movie with the sole audience of Warcraft players.

Also the Orc babby at the end was the only funny thing
>>
>>340261959
>Fantastic 4 all over again.

No, Trank was completely unprofessional, to the point of where another person had to come in to ghost-director. Jones seemed to play ball, and create the vision Blizzard wanted.
>>
>>340262087
Garona is litterally one of the first named characters than the Warcraft setting, older than Gul'dan even
>>
>>340262162
so why did he stay?

if I were him I would had seen this coming a mile away and left.

no director would work with those condition.
>>
>>340262231
>Also the Orc babby at the end was the only funny thing
I started laughing and then half the theater started too
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtymmqbEmKw
>>
>>340262329
>so why did he stay?
Money. He is a huge slimy faggot
>So you feel you don’t have the same problems you would face in adapting something like Tolkien?
>Exactly. It wasn’t written by an old, white man in the trenches in World War I. It’s going to have a different vibe.
http://time.com/3954154/duncan-jones-warcraft-movie-female-characters/
>>
>>340261789

Garona Halforcen was a character in WC 1 who after being captured by Medivah eventually joined the humans only to betray them by assassinating king Llane.

She was originally half human back when WC lore was really simple and generic, later as lore developed this casued issues with the emerging concept that orcs were aliens and she could not have been a result of a human and orc since there wouldn't be enough time between the dark portal opening and the first war for her to be born, let alone mature.

Blizzard later came up with the Draenei now known as lost ones, a race that was being set up to be "humans" of draenor that were part of the reason why orcs hated humans so much, who were mutated into big mouthed guys by fel magic.

This was changed in Burning Crusade when Draenei became un-demonic Eredar and lost ones were just highly mutated variation.

This then became a problem for Garonas half-lineage because Draenei now are space goats and not humans, and blizzard seems to want to keep her looking half human.
>>
>>340257489
At least half of the movie is CGI.
It's really mediocre really, if you are not familiar with Warcraft (WoW hardly counts) then you can safely disregard the movie.
>>
>>340262508
But Tolkien wasn't an old man when he fought in WW1
>>
>>340262559

Garona is Medivh's daughter, they even hinted at it super duper hard in the movie.
>>
File: 148674615646312.png (145 KB, 1353x647) Image search: [Google]
148674615646312.png
145 KB, 1353x647
It's amazing the difference between /v/ threads and the ones on /tv/
You can instantly see where the shills are.
>>
>>340262737

There still literally isn't enough time for her to exist anon, there still wasn't enough for her Draenei retconn so they said she was both born at the beginning of the draenei wars and was magically aged.
>>
>>340262784
Yeah, it's also funny how agressive they are.
Say that something isn't perfect and they all call you a Marvel shill.
>>
Blizzard should had done a LK or start of with WoW.

if the movie did good.
they could had done prequels and sequels.

the origin of Warcraft lore is pretty mediocre and it just end up with lots of Fantasy genre tropes you can see a mile away.
>>
>>340262846
>they said she was both born at the beginning of the draenei wars and was magically aged
I don't remember that being said in the movie.
>>
>>340262784
No, it's more like /tv/ has a hate-boner for Disney, and any non-Disney blockbuster that does well is kino.
>>
>>340262913

It was said during BC somewhere, when blizzard was trying to add more detail about her freshly retconned ancestry.
>>
>>340262914
Nah, it's just Blizzdrones in pure denial over how bad the movie is.
Don't know why anyone thought this would be anything but garbage.
>>
>>340262784
It's not shilling, it's shitposting
>>
>>340262893
>That wording in the last post
Fuck, it's like that copypasta of er, DA3? again
>>
>>340262972
yes I know, but that guy was talking about the movie

In the movie Garona is hinted to be the daughter of Medivh and a random orc girl he met when planeswalking
>>
You won't enjoy it unless you've played Warcraft.
If you have played Warcraft the changes will bother you slightly.
>>
>>340257489
I watched it last week and it's alright, like a 6 or 7 out of 10.
Also, it was refreshing watching a movie that is not 3 hours long.
>>
File: 14687461565762.jpg (1 MB, 1544x3436) Image search: [Google]
14687461565762.jpg
1 MB, 1544x3436
>>340263023
>>340262784
There's also the constant spam of clonic threads.
>>
>>340262846

Medivh can go to Dreanor if he wants, the current lore is that she is Medivh's daughter.
Its mentioned it whatever book she, Jaina and Medivh's mom team up in.
>>
>>340263078

Well that's retarded.
>>
The funniest part for me was have the Blood Elves in the Alliance instead of Night Elves. What a blunder.
>>
>>340263202
>Being this retarded
>>
>>340263112
Man, I really want to get hired for shilling.
Easiest job on the world.
>>
>>340263202

Easy with the bait there buddy.
>>
>>340263140
no you're wrong

in the main universe, she is a half-draenei half-orc that fucked Medivh and gave birht to a half-human, half-guardian, half-draenei and half-orc kid

in the movie universe she's a half-human half-orc that's also the daughter of medivh

>>340263202
are you baiting or retarded
>>
>>340263202

This is probably bait but high elves are in the alliance at that point and allies with humans.

Night elves were unknown isolationists at that point.
>>
>>340263202

Quality bait
Here's (You)
>>
>>340263252
I don't think I could do it. It's an even slimier job than being a salesperson. At least then they're upfront about wanting to take your money.
>>
>>340263259

Me'dan isn't canon anymore
>>
>>340259936
There were only 3 or 4 elves in the entire movie and only in one scene.
Only one of the elves was asian, but with the blond wig, the glowing eyes and the CGI he didn't really look that different from the others.
>>
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT

Bowie's son is a disgrace
>>
File: duncan JUST.png (450 KB, 517x542) Image search: [Google]
duncan JUST.png
450 KB, 517x542
>>340263435
At least this movie will kill his career.
>>
>>340263396

That's not the point, the joke is claiming that elves have races like humans.

He could have not replied.
>>
>>340263470

>ok movie
>kill career

SHIIIIIIIIIIILS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>340263435
b-b-but Moon was good!
>>
Doesn't even cover the first game. Embarrassing.
>>
>>340263515
>ok movie
It's a videogame movie, his career died the moment he accepted doing it.
>>
>>340263380
and garona isn't medivh's daughter in the main universe either
>>
Do you think it would have been better as a TV series?
>>
>>340263537

Finishing the film with burned Stormwind would be a huge downer
>>
File: 2rzt9ip.jpg (179 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2rzt9ip.jpg
179 KB, 1600x900
>>340257489
As a movie adaptation it's nowhere near as butchered as I expected it to be. Actually, It was kinda good. No masterpiece but kinda good.

Some parts of the movie had shitty / unintentionally hilarious line delivery though.
>>
>>340261186
Bay is perfect for a warcraft movie
>>
>>340263494
>the joke is claiming that elves have races like humans
I don't really mind that

you have green orcs, white orcs, black orcs, brown orcs

you have white humans, black humans, yellow humans

you have white dwarves and black dwarves

why not some high elves with slightly different features according to how they were mutated by the exile
>>
>>340263602

God no
Then the orcs would be retarded too
>>
>>340257489
Was aight
>>
>this movie could have been good

with low expectations because it was a video game movie, i actually liked it . too bad it's potential is underused.

bad actors, god tier magic, good premise/setting, bad writing/plotlines, bad pacing

guldan was best part of the movie
>>
>>340263683

Well for one high elves are all inbred as fuck.
>>
>>340263470
It won't. Every reviewer is still calling him a great filmaker whose talent was wasted on something like Warcraft.
>>
Wasn't bad. It's fantasy schlock, but I like fantasy schlock. Certainly a whole lot more than superhero schlock.
>>
File: THRALL[1].jpg (113 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
THRALL[1].jpg
113 KB, 640x360
>>340263659

Shit why is he bald?
>>
saw this on weekend. the minute i saw murloc doing his agwrgwegrglwa sound, the movie became 10/10
>>
>>340263837
You sure are easily impressed.
>>
>>340263683
You do have different types of elves though.
Some high elves have pale skin, others have more reddish skin.
Some night elves are purples, some are green, some are blue.
Not to mention things like naga and satyrs, which all came from elves. And elves themselves came from trolls.
>>
Pros:
>Amazing magic effects
>Gul'dan and the Orcs
>The dark portal
>Khadgar and Lothar fun adventures
>Medivh being cool, despite the retcon
>Generally entertaining, good popcorn flick

Cons:
>everything else mentioned in this thread
>>
>>340263917
yeah not the first time i hear this about me :^(
>>
information overload
it had been a while since i played wow and although i recognised some of the names they were saying it was just too much
one minute it was redridge, then deadwind pass, karazhan, stormwind, ironforge, dalaran, the morass etc. you simply didn't know where you were with the movie
>>
Is it as bad as the reviews say? I know anons/other people are saying it's flawed but enjoyable, but I can't tell which side is exaggerating. A lot of the poor reviews seem retarded and hyperbolic, reading them is funny considering how dumb a lot of their points are. Is it just a case of reviewers shitting on it because it's vidya shit and not LotR?
>>
>>340263828
He's got a case of bad writing and it looks like it's terminal
>>
>>340263574
So did his father
>>
>>340264210
It was destined to get shit on as a vidya movie, that's just how it is. Basically, it's not Ironman 1, so it's not changing any paradigms, but apparently it's still alright.
>>
>>340264210
don't read /v/'s opinion about this movie, almost no one here has seen it
>>
>>340264461
what did iron man change again?
>>
>>340264474
A lot of people have seen it already.
>>
How come Varian was a kid at that time and Go'El/Thrall was a baby, but in WoW Vanilla Thrall is the chieftain of the horde and Varian is still a kid?
Did Blizzard change the lore in between vanilla and TBC? Can't say that I have all the details figured out
>>
>>340257489
It was alright. i wish they had followed the wc1 story, not the WoW wc1 story.
>>
>>340264591
a lot of people on /v/ shit on games they never played

so a lot of people here will shit on a movie they never saw

>>340264647
you're thinking about Anduin, Varian's kid
>>
>>340264647
I think you might be confusing Varian for Anduin.
>>
>>340264720
aaaahh. Thank you
>>
ARTHAS

FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>340257489

I give a 7/10
They cut off a shitload of content and it shows
>>
>>340262737
She's not medivhs daughter she has a son with him
>>
>>340265650
not in the movie
>>
>>340265795
I must have missed the scene where those DNA test results were shown.
>>
The single worst part of the movie is that the Universal globe isn't Azeroth.
>>
>>340260365
The first time you see stormwind the stormwind theme is played for a few seconds and at the end I believe they used the music from the vanilla WoW login screen. Other than that I don't recall hearing music from the game
>>
>>340265973
tell us more about the scene in the movie where she has a kid with medivh then
>>
>>340266192
Ironforge and the Kharazan harpsichord
>>
>>340266326
Didn't catch those, nice
>>
>Every internation release for the movie has done insanely well
>Doesn't fucking matter if it bombs in the US at this point
>Unlikely it will since fanbase is huge and free game+free month if you go see it.

I love how idiots still don't understand how marketing works.
>>
>>340264532
Fucking nothing

Except RDJ's career. :/
>>
>>340261137
They make a profit but you can't possible be implying that GW makes more money than Blizzard are you?

Anyway I love both WH and Warcraft and I find it hilarious whenever WH babies cry about Blizzard "stealing", when GW would never be smart enough to get their IP out there into the open like Blizzard has.
>>
>>340266618
RDJ is Robert Downey Junior.
>>
>Denying yourself the intro
>Denying yourself Gul'dan

Not watching it is a sin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y5PhxdS86M
>>
They make Llane out to be a retard and Garona isn't mind controlled at all. There is no Shadow Council in the entire film.
>>
I want to fuck Garona
>>
>>340267096
The shadow council didn't had much of a role in WC1
>>
>>
>>340267679
>Only_90s_kids_will_understand.jpg
>>
How come the Orcs in the movie look more civilized than they should be.
>>
>>340268984
they are not, most grunts are fighting wearing only spauldrons and a loincloth
>>
>warcraft movie comes out
>critics hate it
>v hates it
>tv hates it
>makes a ton of money anyway

BLIZZARD CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

;_;
>>
File: 1462272034882.png (13 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1462272034882.png
13 KB, 657x527
>198 replies
>only 1 mention of kino
>>
>>340257489
Was pretty good. Would watch again.
>>
>>340269335
>overwatch comes out
>critics love it because of the bribe money
>/v/ loves it because it panders to the fag agenda and the goatfucker agenda
>tumblr loves it for the same reasons
>reddit loves it for the same reasons
>most neo-millennials in the western world love it for the same reasons
>makes literally billions of dollars

Blizzard can't NOT keep getting away with it.
>>
Saw it 2 weeks ago with a friend.
Really liked it.
But again we both love Warcraft so we couldn't judge the actual movie, just the adaptation.
The lore was generally respected but they had to cut and make some things happen faster for the sake of the movie.
8/10 enjoyed it.
>>
>>340258256
What are you on about?
Moon and source code was great movies.
Try mentioning your favorite movies?

Wish he hadn't done Warcraft movie.
>>
>>340269454
>Kino
>>
File: 1463480625548.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463480625548.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
I watched this movie last weekend. Purely speaking from a moviegoer's perspective it's horrible. The actors playing human characters are all incredibly bad, CGI is passable at best, the story is terribly dull and ridden with cliches. I'd rather watch the Ultramarines movie again than having to sit through one more viewing of this garbage and it saddens me to say that because I love Duncan Jones' work, I honestly can't believe how could've made such a bad flick. I hope he strays away from the big blockbuster franchises because they're just not his forte.
>>
>>340272182
The CGI is among the best what are you talking about
>>
Saw it a few day ago. I thought it was a failure of a movie but I'd played WoW for 10 years so there was enough to enjoy. The first 40 minutes is just fanwanking with cuts all over the place for no reason.

Friends I went with could not stop laughing through it, they all thought it was the worst thing they'd seen all year.
>>
>>340260363
They definitely mentioned Draenor by name a few times, try paying attention desu
>>
>>340272327
The technique behind the CGI is indeed not bad but the fault lies in the way that they make us of it. Almost every shot in which humans appear you can tell that they're acting in front a green screen by the poor compositing. The contrast is even more stark when you see them interacting with orc characters, the technology has just not developed enough to make it look believable. CGI is a great tool when it's in the hands of a director who knows how to use it, like David Fincher. The truth is, this film might look good now but it will age horribly like the Star Wars prequels did.
>>
File: M&L.png (1 MB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
M&L.png
1 MB, 675x900
My normie friends that doesn't even play WoW loved it. I myself found it to be okay, worse movies exist like horror movies and capeshit.

But because it's summer and now we have a new influx of poster, ofc they are going to be contrarians
>>
>>340272734
>anyone who disagrees with me is an edgy contrarian

Yeah, or perhaps they're just sane people who enjoy watching good movies.
>>
>implying taste is objective
i love this meme
>>
>>340258023

Get the fuck out you retard
>>
ITT: You are prohibited to like what I'm jaded enough to deteste

I actually saw it and Ive played a lot of Wow. I was expecting it to obviously not be on Lotr movies. It isnt but it sure damn is a solid movie. It aint anything super mega revolutionary but its a solid "good". They really did put an autistic amount of detail into the movie, even down to the position of the guards in Goldshire and having very good CGI of Grommash and the other clan chieftans. There is a couple of shots with Grommash on camera but they don't mention him because he wasnt that relevant at the time. Another example is a shot of Orgrimm, Durotan, Kilrogg, Grommash, Kargath listening to a guy talk.

They had neat world building details but didn't shove them down your throath because it wouldnt made sense. David Bowie Jr didn't do a magnificent job but he sure did hell try. Pre-sale tickets in China alone are expected to cover the entire cost of the movie and preety much everybody Ive talked here in Yurop liked the movie a lot, despite not playing Wow.
>>
>>340262784
How do we know you're not a shill?
>>
Do draenei have funny german accent in this?
>>
>>340269335
>makes a ton of money anyway
It's projected to make the same as NFS, so who cares.
>>
>>340273357
>>340272734
Oh boy, the shills found the thread.
>>
>>340258256
Moon is pretty much universally considered a great movie, so I dunno why you expect the rest of the world to adopt opinions about duncan jones based on your demonstrably niece perspective?
>>
>>340272734
Contrarians would love this '''movie''.
>>
>>340273357
>and preety much everybody Ive talked here in Yurop liked the movie a lot

Love how shills keep spouting this with no source whatsoever.
>>
File: 1464571078392.jpg (676 KB, 1875x767) Image search: [Google]
1464571078392.jpg
676 KB, 1875x767
>>
>>340257489
They fucked the lore, which is a pretty big negative in my book, but other than that it was pretty chill.
>>
>>340257489
Watched it.
Maybe the worst movie i've seen this decade.
>>
why did everyone want to fuck the orc lass
>>
>>340260228
I saw the movie and I agree with this guy. I saw it for free, and I think that it's no harm to watch it this way, but I'm not sure if I'd pay full price to see it given the chance.
>>
>>340278060
Is this a porno.
>>
>>340278060
Dear. Lord.

Tell me this is a parody.
>>
>>340279075
It looks better in motion.
>>
>>340257489

Should have ditched the live action and gone full CGI.

Blizzard would have been better off with a Diablo movie instead of Warcraft. Or maybe an Overwatch CG animated movie for shilling the game even more.
>>
>>340275594
No they speak "Game of Thrones".
>>
>>340276206
Moon was a bland attempt to recreate the "much feels" sci-fi films of the past that fell completely flat because there was absolutely no emotion connected to the film. It wanted to be 2001's Hal and Dave, it wanted to be the 6th sense, Jack Shepard dying at the end of Lost and Neo waking up from the Matrix, and it utterly failed on every count.

Films likes Gravity and Interstellar did emotional sci-fi right. Moon, and Source Code, were cliche messes with no heart behind them.
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.