[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the Falador Massacre. h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: F.png (309 KB, 587x552) Image search: [Google]
F.png
309 KB, 587x552
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the Falador Massacre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiWdfHHSngw
>>
Believe it or not, I had an opportunity to do the same thing before this guy, but I chose not to. I left someone's house and the boxing gloves (house only item) were still equipped and it gave me the option to attack people. I went back inside the house and unequipped the boxing gloves and left and everything was normal again.
>>
>>340240874
Are they doing anything? Any holiday items, cool event?
I rejoined OSRS and quit again because I really don't have the time for the grindiest MMO ever made, but I wonder if I'm missing out.
>>
>>340241148
you're a fuckin fag, dude
>>
>>340241237
PVP event on Oldschool and RS3.

Durial321 has been made an NPC.
>>
>>340241336
ok
>>
>>340241237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7p6MgrOaw
>>
>>340241342
And the music is fucking radical.
>>
>>340241342
fucking kek
>>
>>340241148
that was a common glitch, it would just say you can't attack someone out of a wilderness zone
>>
I didn't play this one I played Chink Story
>>
Ah yes, I remember I was so hype because I actually got to be a part of the action even though I was a non-member peasant.

Good times.
>>
>>340241456
>nightwish
>radical
AWAY AWAY! AWAY TO REDDIT WITH THEE!
>>
>>340241342
Where in osrs? I've seen his face flicker sometimes and can't remember if it was in the 666 world or not.
>>
File: 1464190753299.png (321 KB, 652x712) Image search: [Google]
1464190753299.png
321 KB, 652x712
>go to the wilderness with a friend
>he stats attacking me
>>
>>340241941
Nigga I don't know what you're talking about. The song that plays in Falador is really good.
>>
>>340241965
He wanders around in World 666 in Falador, it's can be annoying to find him but since there are no green p'hats in Tournament worlds its easy to know when you see him.
>>
>>340241456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t358Fwn9WYI
it's ok, better than most of the shit they've cranked out since they tried to make it sound vaguely midi-esque

They completely fail to emulate Ian Taylor's style though, so it's the average mess of notes you'd expect from a midi
>>
>Almost got my skill put into OSRS
>Everyone voted it down
>Still super salty about it
fuck runescape
>>
>>340241984
Greed is a nasty thing
>>
>>340241429
i'm sorry
>>
>>340242383
What was it?
>>
Why did this call this a massacre? I wasn't on the day it happen, but from the one video of it that exists, he killed a handful of people at most before running out of the city and then got booted off line
>>
File: 1465181235614.jpg (145 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
1465181235614.jpg
145 KB, 728x546
>>340241148
I have a legit story.

This one time, I was playing at the beginning of the wildy, and these two guys were wrecking everyone that they saw, but unlike them I kept coming back after getting killed until I figured out how they were doing it... Attacking people without getting skulled.

It involves teaming up with someone. It turns out Runescape would allow you to attack anyone without getting skull'd as LONG as you were getting attacked by someone else first.

I reported it to Jagex and they took down Runescape for a day to fix it.
>>
>>340242536
I dunno, why do Americans call it The Boston Massacre?
>>
>>340242278
>that Hosidius House country music
fucking abhorrent
>>
>>340242549
You're a good guy.
>>
>>340242520
Artisan
>I warned people if they didn't vote for it, skilling would be dead in a year and the game would be combat only with only slayer updates and some shitty skill additions that don't change anything
>wow look what happened
>>
>>340242624
Exaggeration for war propaganda, come on anon.
>>
>>340242706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCtJ0b24Di4
This?
The harps are some ear bleeding material, but the guitar makes it sound like it'd be decent in Age of Empires or something if the harps were tuned down and it kept a minor tone throughout, but it's too slow and unvaried for doing some scaping to

maybe I got the wrong song though
>>
Is chronicle a shitty hearthstone rip off like TB said?
>>
>>340242760
>google it
>"Can't wait to vote no it before the elite clues have requirements change to even higher requirements and more time spent for 50 mahogany planks and 40 oak planks. "
What did he mean by this?

>>340242961
I meant this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3iMNKrOPI
>>
File: img copy.png (238 KB, 454x502) Image search: [Google]
img copy.png
238 KB, 454x502
>>340240874
>incourage
>>
>>340243272
jesus christ that is awful make it stop
it's like flute salad had an abortion
>>
>>340243272
tl;dr: Skill was meant to tie in all skills into endgame content and prolong the lifespan of the game by preventing it from turning into 'do slayer or pvp until you get bored' like rs2 became. It failed a vote because no one wanted to do skills, and now osrs is going down the same path rs2 did.

And I would've gotten an NPC.

Oh well, at least beret masks are in the game because of me :^)
>>
>Runescape 3 changed the Shadowland track
For what fucking purpose?

Before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA1uuzemD0A

After
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOaa9NVUJe0
>>
File: 1417742747630.jpg (18 KB, 387x468) Image search: [Google]
1417742747630.jpg
18 KB, 387x468
>>340240874
>wake up the day of the massacre
>brother is playing RS, tells me what happened
>bullshit.jpg
>mfw I found out it actually happened
>>
>>340242536
Boston massacre was 5-6 people

Its not the amount, its the fact that they were slaughtered and stood no chance to defend themselves
>>
>>340243729
what the fuck man
creating a bastardized remix of a song is one thing, but outright throwing the old version out the window and just throwing some strings together in fruityloops with no regard or inspiration from the original is a sin
it sounds like it'd be fine for something that wasn't runescape
>>
I remember that, glad I wasn't in that world.
>>
>Tfw I was one of Durial's victims
>Tfw his green partyhat often depicted on him was mine
>Tfw nobody knows my name
>>
>>340244764
vae victis I guess.
>>
Love how Jagex embraced it
>>
I've never played OSRS before, but I've wanted to play it.

Is it good?
>>
>>340242278
lmao you can sync it with planet hell
>>
>>340245416
Which is retarded. Cursed You requested is name back and they wouldnt give it to him even despite going through the efforts of making an event out of it.
>>
>This is RS3 boss music now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0QqDdoHpjw

I like it
>>
>>340240874
https://youtu.be/NGKlns62w1A

I remember that horrible day. I just barely started playing for a week. I didn't get it when my friend told me but explained it.

Thinking of it makes me sad.
>>
>>340245756
There are F2P servers, may as well go check it out for yourself.
>>
>>340245756
No, play Ultima Online or something.
OSRS is a grindy MMO where you feel like hot garbage after looking back on the hours you've wasted doing nothing, accomplishing nothing.
>>
>>340246079
>What should we call the boss for our new antagonist?
>Let's call him Greg
Boss fight is also a lot more enjoyable that I thought it'd be
>>
>>340246079
the only remotely good song from that was the zaros one and only because it had zaro's theme in it

wubstep is not for medieval british fantasy chatroom minigames
>>
>>340246079
to be fair it kind of fits the character

it isn't like every new music track is wubstep shite
>>
>>340246379
fits the character
but it DOESN'T FIT THE GAME
REMEMBER WHEN WE WAS MEDIEVAL AND SHIT?
>>
>>340246379
>to be fair it kind of fits the character
yeah, it's pretty cancerous alright
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYZ0U1VB10o

rare footage of fally massacre
>>
>>340240874

>mod doesn't even know how to fucking spell
>>
I was there, little known fact there was more than one PKing incident, there was a least one other dude who got to kill people because of the glitch too
>>
File: image.png (33 KB, 384x226) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33 KB, 384x226
so does jagex treat OSRS well?
I never see any criticism of it in its current state let alone bad criticism
>>
>>340249837
I found what I was looking for in the rare footage video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYZ0U1VB10o

The one I was at was at the 2:08 mark, now to see if I can find myself...though I remember getting muted by the mods
>>
>>340250131
Because its ded
People complained that they changed a bunch of shit
>>
>>340244764
You wish.
>>
>>340250131
Graceful is the ugliest shit that is basically the default outfit if you're not geared for combat because the grants bonuses related to run energy.
That's enough to tell you it's shit.
>>
>>340250131
I have skewed opinion since I was only F2P when I played it as a kid. Friend convinced me to get back into it and get members a few months ago.

Since all the content was new for me I've been having a lot of fun even though I'm terrible at grinding and playing "efficiently".

My biggest complaints are with void armor and graceful. Both require massive grinding in retarded mini games and are some of the most op shit in the game. I don't understand why and armor from a mini game should be the top pvp armor in the game. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>340250623
>I'm terrible at grinding and playing "efficiently".

Don't listen to the "xp waste" faggots. Back when I played that wasn't even a term.

I don't know who invented that phrase but runescape players nowadays don't seem to actually enjoy the game and just chase the most efficient grind as possible. Yeah there was grind in 07 but we still enjoyed the actual game too
>>
>>340250804
Yea my main goal is to get high enough cmb to pvm.

Right now though I only have 9 more quests and some skills to grind before finishing all the quests which would be my first big achievement in the game. Pretty sure I'll never be focused enough to get near a 99 in a skill. Thankfully the bulk of the quests are great. Dialogue actually has me laughing a lot of times
>>
Can anyone confirm? Is it actually playing that right now in Fally?

Anyway, I played this game from like 2003 - 2007, so during the best years.

The fucking memories.

I do remember the massacre too. It was madness on the forums and in the community.
>>
>>340249398
player mods, though judging the blurbs accompanying recent updates the crew they put together doesn't either
>>
File: durial.png (49 KB, 127x171) Image search: [Google]
durial.png
49 KB, 127x171
>teleport to falador
>see this

what do?
>>
>People who rename their characters to Pvm (name)
why

it's worse than the hundreds of people with "Azn" in their name back in the day
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.