[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was that thread deleted? TES thread. How's ESO? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1465261106748.jpg (783 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465261106748.jpg
783 KB, 1280x720
Why was that thread deleted? TES thread. How's ESO? Does it have neat gear, like fashionista?
>>
I have no idea, I was about to make a post and then the redditjanny randomly deleted the thread.
>>
ESO is awful. Single player games like TES shouldn't be made into an MMO
>>
>>340234013
Does it not at least have cool looking outfits?
>>
>>340234013
I could see online multi-player working if they don't use "chosen one" bullshit. Maybe you're part of a "chosen few" or something.

When the greybeard guy said about "whether you are the only dragon born of this age remains to be seen" I thought it meant that there were other dragon born out there in Skyrim and that they'd be critical to the plot
>>
>>340233316
New jannys are absolute shit tier.

Anyway, anyone else familiar with the weird parts of the lore of this series? I've heard shit about space ships and time traveling robots and the world being a dream and shit and it sounds like the writer dude was actually on LSD when he came up with it all.

Of course, I don't expect Jew Howard to ever really delve into that kind of shit despite it being the most interesting part of the story and lore
>>
Does it have PvP?
>>
>>340234674
Yea but only in Cyrodiil
>>
>>340234315
A good amount of the Armor sets are good looking, but with most you have to be a high level to get them
>>
File: 1426099649896.jpg (137 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
1426099649896.jpg
137 KB, 1050x1050
>>
>>340234873
Is the leveling really extensive? Is it possible to just powerlevel?

>>340234791
No instanced PvP?

Is there any economy play?
>>
>>340234315

I never got to end game, but from what I did play ESO had some of the most boring armor in an MMO I've seen for ages.
Play GW2 if you want a fasion MMO.
>>
>>340235082
I couldn't into GW2 PvP, at least at launch. Every class seemed the same. IIRC, there wasn't even a metagame like WoW's CC'ing the non-target, like making sure the healer can't heal and so.
>>
>>340235486

ESO is defiantly not the way to go then.
pvp is very bland. The objectives are kind of neat (though seems like they ripped off GW2 a bit) but the actual fights are very boring.
>>
>>340234413
Kirkbride, the lead writer on Morrowind, was/is batshit insane.

The space ship thing was Altmer. They built a magical ship capable of traveling to Aetherius, "space" in setting and the home of the Aedra. The Altmer consider themselves to be Aedra trapped in mortal shells and are constantly looking for ways to return to Aetherius (This is what the Thalmor is all about).

Time traveling robot probably refers to the Numidium, the central plot point of Daggerfall and Morrowind.

It's not really a robot, but a techno-magical mecha powered by the literal heart of a dead god. Activation of the original Numidium is what caused the Dwarves to zero sum, and it caused the "Dragon-Break" at the end of Daggerfall, where the setting got so fucked that the Aedra, who normally never interfere in mortal affairs, descended from Aetherius and set everything right. It's not really time travelling, but it's usage has inspired all kinds of time shenanigans.

The world being a dream is a reference to the Dream-sleeve, a sort of metaphysical theological idea in the series. Basically, the souls of the NPC's are dreamers unknowingly wondering in what they perceive as "reality," which is more or less contained in the imagination/consciousness of the Aedra and Daedra. Certain characters, like Vivec or Tiber Septum, achieve CHIM and realize that the reality of the game is not real. Vivec actually talks about fucking console commands in one of the 36 sermons.
>>
how large is the game? Is it bloated like The Secret World? Also is it safe to buy a key from G2A?
>>
Neat gear with enough different styles, zones are large enough. Enemies placement is usually good. PvP is just a lot of seiging castles.

Its nothing like an ES game and everything like an MMO. The "action based" gamplay helps depending on the class. Still just cycling skill depending on how much magic and stamina you have. less about cooldowns.

I like it more than gw2 or wow but I wouldnt say its bettter. I dont like mmos
>>
>>340235921
PvP videos make it seem interesting. It seemed in launch trailers just like Skyrim combat, which was a huge yellow flag. Ended up not getting the game because >getting an MMO without researching it.

>>340235915
>is it safe to buy a key from G2A?
I'd imagine so. Probably ever game is sold by a dealer with lots of rep.
>>
>>340234413
Did you ever play knights of the nine on oblivion? Well Pelinel Whitestrake is apparently a time-travelling robot. So that's one thing.
>>
Currently playing with friends, it's a lot of fun to tackle ES style quests/dungeons with a coordinated group, I probably wouldn't be into the game as much if I played solo though.
>>
>>340233316
>ESO
Is this shit still running? Is it f2p yet?
>implying anyone with any amount of intellect would buy this shit
>>
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/rumor-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-remaster-announced-e3-2016
>>
>>340234413
>>340235897

The time travelling robot is Pelinal, he's a cyborg from the future. Mundus is Anu's dream, the Aedra and Daedra are just a part of that dream like everything else. Of course, anything in the dream could become another dreamer, since that's what Anu did.
>>
>>340236464

Whitestrake was also one of the people that seemed to think/know he was in a dream.
>>
File: 40038-1-1456303778.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1152) Image search: [Google]
40038-1-1456303778.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1152
>>340237156
Skyrim is fun and all and I enjoy playing it, but It doesn't need a remaster. They should be remastering Morrowind and Oblivion.
>>
how do i port armors from oblivion to skyrim and vice versa?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.