[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm legitimately not baiting with this one. I played wow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: wow.jpg (165 KB, 622x240) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
165 KB, 622x240
I'm legitimately not baiting with this one. I played wow for about a year starting last year. I stopped about eh 6 months ago, my friend got banned and I didn't enjoy the game much on my own. Is there any redeeming qualities to the game anymore? Is it still possible to really have fun on my own? Is it worth the 15$ a month? Like I said I'm not baiting I just want you to try and sell me the game so I can back into it.
>>
The modern WoW's hot garbage. You were very lucky to get a year's play out of it.
>>
File: HELLONEIGHBOR.jpg (79 KB, 560x419) Image search: [Google]
HELLONEIGHBOR.jpg
79 KB, 560x419
Not really, unless you have some specific goals to prepare a character or two for the new xpac. Even then that wouldn't require a ton of time, and I'm considering shit like farming transmog items, mounts, pets, etc. No real point to trying super hard to gear up for Legion as everything will get replaced. And while you COULD gear up and find groups for heroic raids, I suspect the pugging experience will not be fun for you.
Even if you were heavily into pvp and managed too find a few buddies in-game to try to push rating, the pvp community is extremely small and toxic at the moment. I know that's a buzzword but it's really kind of a shitshow.
Legion may be good, and if you'd like to try modern WoW again i'd suggest waiting for it, or at the very least the pre-patch.
However, if you're deadset on trying some WoW alone, there are private servers that you can play for free -- some don't even suck. There is a general in /vg/ that would help you once you got past the shitposting - since you've only played a year I'd suggest a vanilla server as it's night/day compared to retail.

Or you could just wait for Legion, do something productive, or find friends that don't cheat like weird faggots.
>>
Myself and my friend who got me into WoW during Vanilla quit not long after the Throne of Thunder patch in Mists.

We played WoD for about a month and even though we were ready to raid again we just stopped, the best way to describe it now a days is like opening an empty fridge, you just load up the game and stare at the fucking screen half the time.
>>
I like the PvP a lot, and that is interesting enough for the sub; and after I get geared, there's all the neggers I meet trying to find 2s and 3s teams.

It makes no sense how the demographic that doesn't like PvP subs. How the fuck is raiding that interesting?
>>
>Sell you on WoW

>About a year ago, right around when WoW tokens came out.
>Trying to decide whether or not I want to keep playing.
>Join a new guild, they want to get into raiding.
>Mention I have experience and wouldn't mind going back through Highmaul to help other people get geared.
>The guild leader makes me raid leader.
>Okay, whatever.
>Ask what our channel for voice is.
>Don't have one.
>Set the guild up with raidcall.
>Ask who else is on the team.
>Him and his friend. (tank and dps)
>Die a little on the inside.
>Go out and dig up half of a raiding team.
>Pug the rest of the group
>Everyone says they have experience in Highmaul.
>Fuck it, it's flex. Say who's going into stands and tell tank to pull.
>Wipe on Kargath.
>Tell individual people to quit messing around.
>Down him.
>Get to the second boss.
>Make sure everyone knows what to do.
>Mage says he wants to set up the stacks for Butcher.
>Sure, whatever. Explain fight to guild member and give tank go-ahead after mage is done.
>We wipe.
>Mage blames me, starts shit with my brother.
>Kick him after 3 minutes of "fucking druids reee."
>"Why'd you kick him?"
>Realise I'm nowhere near drunk enough for this.
>Tell one group to ride my ass, the other group to ride my brother's ass.
>Down Butcher.
>Say I have work in the morning and leave.
>Ended my subscription same day.
>Sent a letter to the guild leader saying I'm quitting.
>Hear what they're doing to combat rogues.
>Hear about Demon Hunters.
>Never regret it.
>>
>>340231848

There's so many more interesting and enjoyable video-games to play, I wouldn't waste the time/money.

I still think leveling is relaxing but even then, there's better games to play for mindless relaxation. Even Diablo 3 would be better.
>>
>>340233126
I love WoW pvp but just don't have the time to spend finding partners, and it doesn't help when 99% are horrible people. Well i'm exaggerating but still.
I used to play 3s with two RL buddies and we'd switch classes once in awhile but generally stayed the same and had a lot of fun, even when we were losing.
Now the funnest time I have is on skirmish bonus weekends since people give WAY less of a shit and seem generally chiller. I've found decent friends in-game to push rating with that way.
I can never understand how someone can rage about ANYTHING at 1500 rating. The only way to get better is to keep playing and improving and negative attitudes never help, or at least never help me.
>How the fuck is raiding that interesting?
I don't mind raiding but can't understand how most of the playerbase are paying money to be LFR heroes. Just un-fun and boring, even ignoring how boring running the same shit for a year is even when it's heroic or mythic.
>>
>>340233786
What class?
>>
>>340231848
Only reason I still go on is normie friends I've played with for half a decade who can't seem to move on to anything better (not that there are many alternatives).

Honestly no point in playing on your own, you'll just end up an hero.
>>
>>340231848
How did you get a year out of new WoW?
>>
>>340234732
Ret, sometimes holy. Also have an enhance but turbo is boring. :(
Taking a break now anyhow since I'm normally really relaxed but was feeling pretty cranky and burnt out. Cautiously optimistic about Legion pvp, hopefully my work schedule will let me dork out a bit.
>>
>>340231848

I play WoW solo and personally enjoy it, partially because I pay for the sub with gold. Mainly I play the economy, and I do collection stuff the rest of the time (old dungeons and raids, etc).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.