[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hitmanfans say Hitman 2016 is the best Hitman >Sub 200k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: hitman.png (186 KB, 1550x997) Image search: [Google]
hitman.png
186 KB, 1550x997
>Hitmanfans say Hitman 2016 is the best Hitman
>Sub 200k sales

Explain this, Hitmanfags
>>
There aren't that many hitman fans?
>>
JUST
>>
>>340229639
It's also technically a beta.
>>
>>340229639
Shitters keep whining about the episodic release schedule.
>>
Everyone waiting for full release. Episodic is bullshit
>>
>>340230171
This
They should've just mark it as an Early Access. The game is so fucking optimized, also noticed couple of script bugs in Marrakesh, which was obviously rushed
>>
hitmans never exactly been a big seller, even blood money and silent assassins are considered "cult classics" or whatever. I could of sworn absolution was the final nail in the coffin for the series so its nice seeing it come back better than before.
>>
File: dayday.jpg (37 KB, 583x521) Image search: [Google]
dayday.jpg
37 KB, 583x521
>>340229639
>implying im going to buy 2 episodes
>episodes

>fucking episodes
whatever queer boy
>>
>>340229639
People are not digging the episodic stuff, I think. I'll wait until the whole thing is out.
>>
>>340230537

I'm glad they aren't

No one likes getting 1/10th of a game
>>
This game is probably the worst example of needing an online connection I've ever seen.

And the fact that the first episode was released a week after Darkspore shut down should have been a wake up call.
>>
>>340229639
>Episodic Release
>Denuvo
>Steam Reviews say it's awful
>>
>>340230352
>optimized
goddamn, i meant unoptimized of course
>>
>>340229639
Good I hope their shit flops even harder.

Game is trash.

Died with Blood Money.
>>
>>340229639

It's not.

No one wants to spend $60 when they only get to see less than a third of the product, with the promise that the rest of the product will be good later. Episodic content is not a bad idea in itself, it was just horribly introduced into a series that wasn't really prepared for it.

It's hard to justify taking a gamble and lining the pockets of IO interactive and their whip-and-chain masters Square Enix after the absolutely horrible botch job that was Hitman: Absolution. They rushed Bateson into the VA studio to quickly spit out some lines on account of them trying to sneak a Hitman product out that didn't have the original Character Model or Voice Actor. They then made a hallway simulator where Agent 47 is constantly outsmarted by a coked out Texas Cowboy trope and his big Mexican friend.

Are the levels in the new Hitman nice? I'm sure they are, I've played a couple and they feel good. However I can't justify giving them any more money to continue these strange, bizarre experiments with a franchise I love so dearly and watched get fucked in the ass for the last four years.
>>
File: 1362734835728.jpg (29 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
1362734835728.jpg
29 KB, 398x398
>>340229639
>Hitman 2016 is the best Hitman
is not even a finished game
>>
>episodic release
>not even finished
People are just not retarded.
>>
>>340229639

No one gives a fuck about custom contract mode. Mod support would have been far better. I do not want to walk around a map and kill random people, that's never really been the point of the Hitman games and I don't see why they are forcing this on everybody so horribly.

This game absolutely doesn't need to be always online. Hitman has been and will always be a single player experience- part shooter, part puzzle game, with a very dark story that contains a great deal of black humor. Absolution and the new Hitman have none of these things.

Furthermore, having seen the user interface for the new Hitman- who the fuck thought it was a good idea to list every possible way of getting Silent Assassin before you even start the mission? I see these little icons for possible SA kills that basically describe how to fucking do it before you're even in the level. The entire sense of satisfaction from gaining Silent Assassin is that you figured it out on your own- and even better if you manage to pull off Silent Assassin in a way which the developers themselves didn't necessarily plan. Now everything feels too controlled.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. Eidos was a shit publisher but at least they let IO do what they want. I can smell Square-Enix's influence in everything IO Interactive does now, and i'm sure it was their idea to try and remove David Bateson quietly as well.
>>
>>340230971
The levels are good for the most part, Marrakesh seems like it was rushed a bit but Sapienza and Paris are both fine.

Honestly, the episodic format ends up being safer anyway since you can just selectively buy the good ones and not to have to commit to a full purchase at any point.
>>
>>340231610
>since you can just selectively buy the good ones

How would you figure this out though?
>>
>>340231861
You can just wait and see what people think about it. If people have no problem waiting for the whole game to come out waiting a few days after an episode comes out to read opinions about it doesn't seem like much of a commitment.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.