[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 Alternate Start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: fo4AS.png (260 KB, 969x866) Image search: [Google]
fo4AS.png
260 KB, 969x866
And you faggots said it would never happen.

It's here now, but is it good? Thinking of reinstalling FO4 for this shit, only if its good though.
>>
>>340228771
It's not really an alternate start if all it does is spawn you in a random spot then bring up the race menu.
>>
PC only?
>>
This isn't like NV because you don't join factions pre. You will always be lookin for your son .

In NV you can ignore the main quest and start working for the legion for example
>>
>>340229813
>You will always be lookin for your son .

Fuck are you serious?

Fuck that then, I hate that god awful storyline of the main quest
>>
>>340230481
Yep, dialogue will always be related to your kid in some way or another. Unless the mod edits thousands of dialogues in relation to that
>>
>>340230713
I'll keep waiting then for something more through, I have dozens of other games I need to play.
>>
>>340228771
will you please make for xbox one?
>>
>>340230770
thorough*
>>
>>340230713
>>340230770
It may happen, but it will take years.
>>
>>340230871
>>340229740
sent ;)
>>
>>340228771
>alternate start
>you can take on any role now, unbound by Bethesda's restri-
>WHERE'S SHAUN?!
>MY WIFE IS DEAD!
>I WAS FROZEN IN THIS VAULT FOR 2 CENTURIES!
>THE LEADER OF THE INSTITUTE IS MY LONG LOST SON?!
>>
>>340228771
The one of Beth.net is better
allows you to customize what gear you have and what location you spawn in
>>
While NV's had the downside of AS always having you being a courier it wasn't nearly as intrusive as Fallout 4's 'muh son' will be for someone trying to play a part.
>>
>>340228771
Did they finally make the mod not shit, and not have it set up so you just change save files for this to work?
>>
>>340230713
It's looking more and more like voice acting will have to be entirely removed to fix this game's dialogue.
>>
>>340233859
>gutting all the voice acting from a game to "fix dialogue"
>>
>>340228771
Let me know when they have deviant alternative starts.
>>
>>340231141
Better off just doing new Vegas in the new engine.
>>
>>340234486
Well if you had read the reply chain maybe you would realize that a huge chunk of the dialogue in this game is about your son and wouldn't make sense if that plot was removed. And unless you have a realistic voice synthesizer on hand I don't think it'll be very easy to rewrite and record voices for so many lines.
>>
All your dialogue options are still going to be

>Yes
>Yes
>Maybe (But I really mean yes.)
>I'll come back later and do it.
>>
Does this mod completely rewrite the plot so it's not complete gutter trash?
Wait?
No?
>>
>>340234930

Right, and I'm saying that's retarded to do so. There's a point where modding can't do anything.
>>
>>340235125
I'd play a game with no voice acting if it meant better roleplaying. Morrowind is better than Fallout 4 in that aspect. And modders for Bethesda games always go out of their way to make ridiculous mods for things they want.
>>
File: 1462990630715.jpg (174 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
1462990630715.jpg
174 KB, 680x650
>try playing New Vegas
>it looks like a game from 2005
>even decently modded
>some crab fucks my shit up about 30yds. from the starting location
WTF. Should I even try again? The gear system probably isn't even deep, and I'm not trying to play Borderlands: Before It Existed edition, AKA just upgrade your guns for 30hrs., the experience.
>>
fallout 4 seems like the most baffling thing to me.
How can you fuck it up so badly?
>>
>>340228771
This doesn't even come close to solving Fallout 4's problems.
>>
. >>340235389
Upgrading guns? Before Borderlands? Dafuq nigga?

New Vegas is about a well written, branching storyline and a shitload of factions you can join or destroy. The graphics and gunplay come second there unfortunately.
>>
>>340235068
>Does this mod completely rewrite the plot so it's not complete gutter trash?

No
No
[Sarcastic] No
I'll answer you later.
>>
>>340235515
considering the quality of AAA games coming out these days its a proper adventure/exploration game. I get that alot of the gameplay concepts seem to be just place holders in some respects but its a pretty damn solid game. Considering the only people that freak out about it are the NV fans on 4chan most people feel this way as well. Gunplay was just so bad outside of vats in the first two games as well.
>>
Random mod question:

Is it terribly hard to make a new follower with voice acting? As a normie with a wife, I think I could do a pretty good job of making a completely new follower with a Real GirlĀ® voice instead of the stupid autism maids with Vocaloid voices.
>>
>>340236527
you would have to do both voice lines though. unless you want to do a replacement of a follower already in the game. but then you would have to rewrite the lines in some parts unless you just did va replacement. if you do the later its just a matter of replacing the audio files.
>>
>>340237046

Yeah, I was imagining doing the latter option. I just wanted to know if it was actually practical to swap out the audio files and lip sync a model, or if it's a bigger pain in the ass than I imagine.
>>
>>340237454
it would be tough to get the timing right. just do it like va actors do for cartoons and play the scene without audio as you read the lines. its going to be work thats for sure.
>>
File: doesn't work.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doesn't work.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
>>340228771
Okay senpai
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.